PDA

View Full Version : Is Entrepreneurship more important then Education!!!

uditnhe
March 2nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hey,

This has been a question that has been on my mind for some time now. Is it necessary to be equiped with the best Masters Degree to be a good businessman or a Entrepreneur?? or the skills for the same are not subject to or limited by a degree??

I also ask this as I find myself in a similar position in life at the monent. I happen to believe that no education can make you a businessman or an entrepreneur, its in a human or its not.

Looking forward to some replies.......

deepakchoudhry
March 2nd, 2007, 03:28 PM
Common Sense, right attitude, being articulate,people skills, being street wise (and I dont mean crafty) cannot be taught.

Just getting MBA for the sake of it (Bhed Chaal) is not going to make one a successful enterpreuner .

There are essential human skills requried to be a enterpreuner, some people are born with it and some develop it with life experience.

I know lots of friends who have not done MBA and are very successful in their business.

Personally I think (apart from the elite b-schools) they should make experience compulsory to gain admission into MBA programs.

In UK the average age of students doing MBA is 32 and mostly have some managerial experience.

rakeshdahiya
March 2nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
well both go hand in hand......You can be good enterprenure without a formal MBA too but if you have one then it would certainly help you in terms of adding to ur knowledge and broadning your learning horizons......

Bhai agar apnee jatuu bhasa main kahun to there are two types of people....

Padhe Huaee (Educated Ones) and Kadhe Huaee ( experienced, those who been through the ups and downs in life). Most of the ones I have seen are kadhe Hue and they are doing very good in life............but in the present content I think a formal education would be like iceing on the cake......thats why these so calles kadhe huaee's are sending their childrens to good B Schools......... Cheers

cooljat
March 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Im here totally agreed with Deepak Bhaisaab!!

best exampleis Bill gates himself....u know he was high school drop out but its in front of u....Richest man of the world!!

Rock on
Jit
Common Sense, right attitude, being articulate,people skills, being street wise (and I dont mean crafty) cannot be taught.

Just getting MBA for the sake of it (Bhed Chaal) is not going to make one a successful enterpreuner .

There are essential human skills requried to be a enterpreuner, some people are born with it and some develop it with life experience.

I know lots of friends who have not done MBA and are very successful in their business.

Personally I think (apart from the elite b-schools) they should make experience compulsory to gain admission into MBA programs.

In UK the average age of students doing MBA is 32 and mostly have some managerial experience.

rakeshdahiya
March 2nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
arr apna Dheru Bhai Ambani.............

Im here totally agreed with Deepak Bhaisaab!!

best exampleis Bill gates himself....u know he was high school drop out but its in front of u....Richest man of the world!!

Rock on
Jit