PDA

View Full Version : Women should stay at home!!!It is a law of nature??

uditnhe
March 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Hey,

I had the opportunity to spend this last weekend with a very well educated and high profile politician, businessman and public figure from Dubai. We talked about many interesting topics. One of them being Womens Rights. I asked him about it and he came back with an interesting answer:

"Women stay at home and Men earn the bread, this is the Law of nature. If you mess with nature, nature will mess with you"

Do you agree?? or disagree??

poonam
March 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Hey,
I asked him about it and he came back with an interesting answer:

"Women stay at home and Men earn the bread, this is the Law of nature. If you mess with nature, nature will mess with you"

And if, God forbid, something happens to your man, nature will come to you to provide you with your share of bread....:rolleyes:

Wot a sick thinking....

sumeetmalik
March 2nd, 2007, 11:29 AM
'Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you will have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when either one might run out.'

narendra81
March 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
dear udit,
Wht u said is one of the extream middle east thoughts but logically you cant justify it.

Its all about fullfilling all your needs. as poonam Mam as pointed correctly, if you come up with the solution after departure of husband, then it can be said that being soft and delicate creature she may enjoy being at home (off course it should be totally her wish and not forced).

thanks,
narendra

uditnhe
March 2nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hey,

First of all let me make it clear that this is not my belief. This was something that came up lately, so I thought ill put it up.

Thats all

Samarkadian
March 2nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hey,

"Women stay at home and Men earn the bread, this is the Law of nature. If you mess with nature, nature will mess with you"[/B]

Agreed with later part of the statement.First part, Law of nature, I strongly doubt if he has observed.In human beings there are many societies, races and communities where Women is the head of family and they go to marry a man for reproductive reasons.Like in North east and mountains tribes, men dont earn bread,rather women go for and doing it since centuries.This is natural as well.Might be He is ignorant.Ask him next time to think over it.

rakeshdahiya
March 2nd, 2007, 03:36 PM
well my take on this is that before men or woman we are humans.....and law of nature applies equally to all of us........however I would want an individual to decide what he or she wants to do....whenthet they want to work or whether they want to stay at home any take the role of a house maker......BTW being house makers is not easy and i treat it as good as going out and earning money.......I AGAIN REPEAT THAT LET AN INDIVIDUAL DECIDE WHAT HE/SHE WANTS TO BE because it is also decitated by the environment and circumstances in which one lives....

Cheers

uditnhe
March 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Hey,

The same thinking as the gentleman from Dubai, could be the reason for the backward treatment of women in the Middle east. FYI Kuwait only gave voting rights to Women 3 or 4 years back and the first time a woman contested elections there was also 2 years back.

I wish he could read and more importantly respect this.

Udit

navingulia
March 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
poor man, coming from the society he has he couldnt have known better.

priti
March 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Ask this man to tell a haryana woman about this law of nature.......and send him to chupad....
Hey,

I had the opportunity to spend this last weekend with a very well educated and high profile politician, businessman and public figure from Dubai. We talked about many interesting topics. One of them being Womens Rights. I asked him about it and he came back with an interesting answer:

mansi1218
March 2nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
there are professions which require a lot of hard work day n nite like medicine,architecture,engg(to some extent)...and even highly educated men feel dat thr wife shud stay at home especially wen she cant give 'equal' time to work and home.A home maker's job is tedious dat's y it becomes hard to keep a balance nowadays.It is seen dat thr's a gr8 pressure on women and she is d only one responsible for all d problems.Everything has changed so much but men still cant imagine contributing much to d house and then its not abt d 'choice' of d working lady to sit at home but its d only option left to live a peaceful,headache-free life(u never knw actually and these house-makers actually suffer frm boredom then)

uditnhe
March 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
there are professions which require a lot of hard work day n nite like medicine,architecture,engg(to some extent)...and even highly educated men feel dat thr wife shud stay at home especially wen she cant give 'equal' time to work and home.A home maker's job is tedious dat's y it becomes hard to keep a balance nowadays.It is seen dat thr's a gr8 pressure on women and she is d only one responsible for all d problems.Everything has changed so much but men still cant imagine contributing much to d house and then its not abt d 'choice' of d working lady to sit at home but its d only option left to live a peaceful,headache-free life(u never knw actually and these house-makers actually suffer frm boredom then)

An excellent insight, thanks for adding an interesting dimension to the thread!!

Udit

rkumar
March 3rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Hey,

Law of nature or law of Middle East shekhs ? In nature there is no such law. Its lioness who does mot of the killings feed her family. Lion just sits most of the time and enjoys. Same is true for almost all species. If laws of nature are so sacred to these shekhs of middle East, they better keep their females uncovered like everyone does in nature...

RK^2

rkumar
March 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
And if, God forbid, something happens to your man, nature will come to you to provide you with your share of bread....:rolleyes:

Wot a sick thinking....

Not sure of bread but nature will certainly send lots of other troubles....

How come no comments on beautiful pictures of Poonam from Jatlanders ? Tasveer bahut sudar hai... No LOL.......

RK^2

bls31
March 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Hey,

WHERE IS THE QUESTION ?
Back in 1962 my wife was staying at home with my two and half year old daughter and I was earning bread.

That was when I was on the trijunction of India Bhutan and Tibet.
facing the Chinese Bombs and Bullets.

Soon my wife got a telegram, 'your husband missing in action.' which was followed by pension papers of Rs 200 per month, the value of a dead Captain of Indian army those days.

Fortunately , I was back in India after ten days or so, after trudging through Bhutan, tired ,sleepless and hungry.

I shudder to think as to what might have happened to my young wife and the small girl child that I had left her with her , had failed to appear.

Those were different times, times have changed and we also have to change to survive in this fast changing world.
So where is the Question , and what is the the Question, So I do ask?

kharub
March 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Hey,

There is no law of nature which states that women must be confined to the four walls of a house ...... nothing .....

In different species females come in differnt shaes and sizes as compared to their male counterparts .......... in insects females are usually bigger & deadlier
(in humans they are usually smaller but nonetheless deadly :D )

as RK Ji states in his example ..... in case of lions , the female is the more active one ......

In the context of human beings ...... women though are slighly weaker and smaller than men in terms of physical attributes but they have never been confined to the four walls ..... This was a very medival phenomena & practice ... and they are surely still living in that time ......
The reason for this practise was the wars & plundering going on at that time in history .......

In Jat Society women have always had a prominent and fairly cruicial role in all affairs ...... They have always helped at the farm and home ....... and these days in rural India they are the ones who do everything , the men play cards, smoke hukka & get drunk ........ the women are the forebearers of Rural Haryana ......

This is one of the reasons why Jat women are so bold & confident ...... the genes and the level of independence & participation they are provided with is the root of that confidence ...

So anybody who things women fall in the catagory of "Collectables" and are only meant for interior decoration is certainly a lost soul & needs councelling

amitchhikara
March 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
I can't believe this is even a topic for debate in 2007.:confused:
Law of nature would be applicable if you lived in the jungle that nature had intended for you. They don't apply to the modern world that humans have created.
Every person be it man or woman has a right to decide for themselves as to what they want to do with their lives.

dahiyars
March 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Dear udit

Historically this statement is not true.

As per the present times, democratisation of family is the need of hour. the sooner we understand the better it is.

R.S.Dahiya

pnauhwar21
March 3rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Its high time, the law of nature should change now...so many times I just want to stay at home..goto library, read tons of books..no worry of waking up early from bed to goto office..get some dvds and watch movies at home..goto malls and do shopping whether its clothes, electronic gadgets or whatever..and obviosuly ghar mein ek kaamwali bai ya baya hoga jo khane-pine, jhadoo-paunchha maarne ka kaam sambhal lega..aur shaam ko jab biwi thak-haar ke ghar ayegi, I will ask her to take me to restaurant for a nice dinner and movie..koi office ki jhik-2 nahin..this is the best gift a man get :D

kabir
March 4th, 2007, 12:48 AM
The so called high-profile politician businessman sounds more like a caveman.

manjeemalik
March 4th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Hey,

"Women should stay at home and men earn the bread"...this can never be the law of nature. A woman should marry a man and vice versa can still be considered as the law of nature. Though nowadays people have become too experimental with this law and have started talking about terms like homosexuality. :) :)

Successfully managing home and handling roles of being a wife and mother in itself is an acheivement. But every girl should step out and be an earning hand in the family.....since God has gifted women a special ability of managing work place and home simultaneously.

choudharysaaab
March 4th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Women ghar sambhal lain utna hi thik he...indeed jyada jaroori he ki ghar pe dhyaan lagayain...i dont know if it is nature's law or somebody else's..but is obvious.

rajeshrathee
March 4th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Jindagi ek baar milti hai bar bar nahi. Isliye jiska jaisa man kare waise hi rehna chahiye. Man and Women are equal, waise Women jitna kaam karti hai utna to hum log kar hi nahi sakte khaskar woh jo job bhi karti hai. Isliye SALUTE to women

uditnhe
March 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Hey,

I happen to disagree, why cant a man do the same???

Why cant he take care of the home and the Woman run the affairs. I would certainly not mind trying that. I thinking its quite a "Neanderthal" kinda thinking to believe that women "GAHR HI SAMBHAL LEEN TO BAHUT HAI"

Men and women have to go hand in hand not woman after the man.

Udit

sidchhikara
March 4th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Hey,

Where did he get his education - in a madrassa in Pakistan?? It is also a law of nature that some men will always be morons!!

rakeshdahiya
March 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Bhai Prashant bahut badhiya...very well said....u have given a very nice an humorous touch to this topic...........really worth exploring.....:D :D :D

Its high time, the law of nature should change now...so many times I just want to stay at home..goto library, read tons of books..no worry of waking up early from bed to goto office..get some dvds and watch movies at home..goto malls and do shopping whether its clothes, electronic gadgets or whatever..and obviosuly ghar mein ek kaamwali bai ya baya hoga jo khane-pine, jhadoo-paunchha maarne ka kaam sambhal lega..aur shaam ko jab biwi thak-haar ke ghar ayegi, I will ask her to take me to restaurant for a nice dinner and movie..koi office ki jhik-2 nahin..this is the best gift a man get :D

mann123
March 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Bhaiyo

kyu dimag kharab kar rahee ho.

Us bhai me jissa thaa usne usaa bol diya. Unme (Muslims) to females ka masjid me jaana bhee ban hai..... shayad yeh bhee unke nature me likha hai.

Yeh to Nature ka naam pe fatwa jaree kar de hai inka na kuch beraa. :D :D

mann123
March 4th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Katee sahee kahee bhai sahab

mere salah hai ke hone walee bhabhi jee se ek bar puch lena. Kyo ke yeh kam to aajkal maid bhee kartee hai.

My Opinion:

Bhai jib yo he karwana hai to 2500-3000 hazar me maid na badiya hai responsibility bhee kam (hing lage na phatkare aur rang bhee chokha)

Sarre mange to B.Tech, M.Tech, M.A .....etc. aur manjwawe uspe kasan 10th pass badiya kar de yo kam to. bakee tharee marjee.

Women ghar sambhal lain utna hi thik he...indeed jyada jaroori he ki ghar pe dhyaan lagayain...i dont know if it is nature's law or somebody else's..but is obvious.

poonam
March 6th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Yeah, as many of you rightly said, the gentleman was surely referring to women in Islam religion and culture, the way he interpretted it perhaps, coz not everyone who believes in Islam thinks the same way. Perhaps just an individual sick mentality and I'm sorry to say that we have no dearth of such individual outrageous thinking, take a look:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/story/0,,1932071,00.html

(Courtesy: forwarded by a buddy..:) )

navingulia
March 6th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Poonam Ji, mujhe to daya aati hai in logon pe. Waise I have a very good suggestion to replace Burka. Burke me bahut kapda waste hota hai. In aadmiyon ki aankhon pe kaali patti baandh de to kaafi kapda bach jaayega. Ya to aankh hi fod dyo sab ki.

Waise haryane mai jai aurat ghar pai rahn laag gyi tai aadmiyaan ka bantadhaar ho jyaga. Aadmi paani bhar kai laawainge, mhes pya kai laawainge, gobbar paathainge, haraa kaat kai laawainge ar kheti ka saara kaam bhi aapai otna padaiga. Lugai maje tai baith kai taash khelaingi, jo kaam aadmi kar rahe hain aajkal.

skarmveer
March 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Most of us are looking in our favour not for womens equal status, Most of the womens those are earning from Jobs/Business etc are doing every thing at home also Why ? Is this a equality ? are we giving them equal rights ?

If this is equality I am not in favour, Its better women stays at home and make thier home better and husband earn for their every need and sequre their futur also.

Equality is defined like, If husband and wife both going for job and earing for the family then both are responsible for house hold duties also, why the women doing both the things.

Regards

uditnhe
March 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Poonam Ji, mujhe to daya aati hai in logon pe. Waise I have a very good suggestion to replace Burka. Burke me bahut kapda waste hota hai. In aadmiyon ki aankhon pe kaali patti baandh de to kaafi kapda bach jaayega. Ya to aankh hi fod dyo sab ki.

Waise haryane mai jai aurat ghar pai rahn laag gyi tai aadmiyaan ka bantadhaar ho jyaga. Aadmi paani bhar kai laawainge, mhes pya kai laawainge, gobbar paathainge, haraa kaat kai laawainge ar kheti ka saara kaam bhi aapai otna padaiga. Lugai maje tai baith kai taash khelaingi, jo kaam aadmi kar rahe hain aajkal.

A great take on the Burka!!! I think its a very intellegent idea.

rkumar
March 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Just an after thought.. can some one tell me what this law of nature is excatly? Often we talk of this law but I have never read anything on this great law often quoted by so many learned people.

RK^2

poonam
March 7th, 2007, 12:08 AM

Heh heh heh..great shot Navin....:D Brilliant idea.. inki ankhyaa pe hee kaali patti bandhani chahiye...kam khatam...:D

spdeshwal
March 7th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Sahi kaha Naveen Bhai Aapne: Imagine the Scene,

Lardhu Gobbar ki hale le kai jata ho aur lugai chauntre pe baith ke taas khelati ho,

Aye bhai roi, patta na dekhe....

Yo lardhu bhi khadya ho ke dekhan lagjyaga....aur aapna suggestion dega

bhabhi Hukam ka ger...

Opposition aali : Aapna raah lage ne hoodle , jake aapne gosse path!

ravinderdahiya
March 10th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Sahi kaha Naveen Bhai Aapne: Imagine the Scene,

Lardhu Gobbar ki hale le kai jata ho aur lugai chauntre pe baith ke taas khelati ho,

Aye bhai roi, patta na dekhe....

Yo lardhu bhi khadya ho ke dekhan lagjyaga....aur aapna suggestion dega

bhabhi Hukam ka ger...

Opposition aali : Aapna raah lage ne hoodle , jake aapne gosse path!
:D:D hahahahahah, wonderful visualization sir, We should ask the administrators to move this thread to humor.
Lardhu, sir pe tokni tha ke jab matak-2 panni len jaaga jib kissa lagega

shobhitdeshwal
March 11th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Udit,

This statement, as has come from a celebrated politician, does not gel with his job!! Whatever, The debate here is for the statement alone.....

Women, A female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man...

Women, woman is the glory of creation....

This is what the encyclopedia tells me, The glory of creation.... Glory "STATE OF HIGHT HONOR" And bro.. Honor comes with service, commitment, sacrifice, love and getting loved!!

Now, a woman, if is a glory of creation, she should get honor on the earth as well...... To be in home, cook food, look after kids, and then at the end of the day, listen to you.... Just to satisfy your ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think is the rule of nature dude!!!

So let us not.... to the marriage of true minds... Admit impediments...... True minds together will find a way out on their own.. Out of a fix...

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal.

Hey,

sidchhikara
March 23rd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Most of us are looking in our favour not for womens equal status, Most of the womens those are earning from Jobs/Business etc are doing every thing at home also Why ? Is this a equality ? are we giving them equal rights ?

If this is equality I am not in favour, Its better women stays at home and make thier home better and husband earn for their every need and sequre their futur also.

Equality is defined like, If husband and wife both going for job and earing for the family then both are responsible for house hold duties also, why the women doing both the things.

Regards

What gives you the right to tell women what to do?
What you are saying in the above post is....

Women should stay at home so that it ensures that they are treated equally.
First of all.... if you tell women what to do--- you donot treat them equally

poonam
March 24th, 2007, 12:10 AM
.. if you tell women what to do--- you donot treat them equally

Valid point Sid.!

Leave women alone...:rolleyes:

msingh
March 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I can't believe this is even a topic for debate in 2007.:confused:

Every person be it man or woman has a right to decide for themselves as to what they want to do with their lives.
it sounds nice amit but this is not happening in a real life senario ,,,,,leave rest of the world but i dont think so it will ever happen in india ...
if u see in the western world women are so called treated equally but why are they beaten ,,, and if they rebel then they have to live alone and look for somebody else in there life ,,,,,,,,
coming to india and other developing countries ,,,,,,,,agar aaj kee samaya maine ek aurat ko freedom diya jata hai tau kehate hai kii" haath tee likaad ree sai" men cant tolerate that there wives spk better english then then and think that they are too modern ,,,,and also they cant tolerate their wives are earning more then them ...I AM NOT SAYING ALL MEN ARE LIEK THT>>>BUT MOST OF THEM ARE .........it will take time ,,,and i am +ve that things will be better for women in future yrs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hdsura
March 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM

Wot a sick thinking....

Woman, what happenned to your picture? Please revert back. -:)

I,m 202% with you and your comments here, though.

sunitahooda
March 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Sorry to say....i dont TRUST ANY MAN TO PROVIDE ME MY BREAD....I AM EXCELLENT AT HOME AND BETTER IN OFFICE:D ;)

neeraj96871
March 26th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Sorry to say....i dont TRUST ANY MAN TO PROVIDE ME MY BREAD....I AM EXCELLENT AT HOME AND BETTER IN OFFICE:D ;)
I agree with you sunita, Today womans are not dependent on Man. Education makes a difference. And empty mind is devils house. In these days there are not much of work rest in house. After that what they will do. Better they utilize their time as per their interest. Then they will be happy and their partners will be also happy. Yes, both have to adjust little bit with each other.

And for all other :-

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. -Albert Einstein.

shashiverma
March 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I fully agree that in the present scenario of the society womens do prefer coming out of their homes and have different approach as compare to what it was in past.

But to understand these changes I feel one need to answer the basic questions which have moulded our society to the present situation. Every action has a cause.
Why does womens opted for stepping out of their houses???
What made them look for a different identity???

Look at Darwin's theorey, changes in the law of nature are always for survival.
And changes which contribute frutifully to the society do find a place to exist in the long run.

Probably so is the case with the womens to look and work for a different role.

nirajsihag
March 26th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I do agree with.............................

It is 100 % truth

mamtadg
March 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Ask this man to tell a haryana woman about this law of nature.......and send him to chupad....
actually i differ n to some extent agree to the law of nature . after ladies hv started wrking out kids are not taking right path when i say this m not against working women but it is as simple as that everything has advantage n disadvantage. both law of nature as said as well as women steping out for work.

devdahiya
March 31st, 2007, 12:42 PM
It is a very complex question and not easy to answer but one thing is sure that somebody's presence at home front is of paramount importance for the smooth running of life.It may be a lady or a gents but without a question a home maker is must for peaceful and healthy development of the entire family.Home making is no mean act.Infact the person looking after the home has a 24 hour all important job but unfortunately he/she is not given its due and not appriciated as much as a person going out and earning.The pressures of life are very distinctly visible on the families where both husband wife are working and house hold work including child care is not given due importance.We ought to ponder and balance things inspite of the fact that the cost of living has gone up and there is a constant pressure on the couples to go out and work. Ticklish situation indeed!

deepshi
March 31st, 2007, 08:39 PM
exactly...
nthin much 2 ask 4..;)
Valid point Sid.!

Leave women alone...:rolleyes:

devdahiya
April 1st, 2007, 08:19 PM
exactly...
nthin much 2 ask 4..;)

Dippy...itanni side matt le bebey....if we leave women alone then mhara ke rah...........we just cant do that at any cost...samjhee ke...?

poonam
April 3rd, 2007, 02:30 AM
exactly...
nthin much 2 ask 4..;)

Dippy...itanni side matt le bebey....if we leave women alone then mhara ke rah...........we just cant do that at any cost...samjhee ke...?

Haan samjhee chhoree...itnii side matt le....mere tayeen bhi thodi chhorr de, parey-nae ho le...heh heh heh....:D ;)

And Kaks...I would reserve my comments on yours here...:p

dahiyarules
April 3rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
I have been watching this discussion from a distance so far. I agree with the subject matter.

However, with changing times and needs, financial security is a must for every family. I was raised by a mother who never had to work when my father was around. Things came crashing on us after our father left us.

Women must be professionally accomplished to take on the responsibility of running the family when the need arises. Otherwise, men must create enough financial security to keep their women home no matter what.

devdahiya
April 6th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Haan samjhee chhoree...itnii side matt le....mere tayeen bhi thodi chhorr de, parey-nae ho le...heh heh heh....:D ;)

And Kaks...I would reserve my comments on yours here...:p

Na bebey Poonam.....baat ka jababb te dena e chehiye tha...yo RESERVATION aala thappa kyun la diya?

mann123
April 6th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Rightly said Sumeet

I have been watching this discussion from a distance so far. I agree with the subject matter.

However, with changing times and needs, financial security is a must for every family. I was raised by a mother who never had to work when my father was around. Things came crashing on us after our father left us.

Women must be professionally accomplished to take on the responsibility of running the family when the need arises. Otherwise, men must create enough financial security to keep their women home no matter what.