PDA

View Full Version : 8th March-International Women's Day

dahiyars
March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Dear All

In Haryana to say something on this day is a very difficult job. Even then a folk song on this occasion.
R.S.Dahiya

Samarkadian
March 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM
A small piece of your work is enough to ignite a social empowerment for women. If a Woman like Shirin Ebadi from radical Iran can do it, I think you shouldn’t under-estimate the woman of our state.8th March seems to be a treat for “Feminists” and their supporters. While talking to many women in state, I felt that they don’t require special rights from so called feminist, all they hope for treatment, like a man treats another man. That’s true feminism as well. Since the era of evolution woman has been treated as “sub-human” be it in decision-making, freedom for thoughts, war to disciplining children, by patriarchy system. Like Mother Nature women only have the capacity to of creation. Creation of a Human being. I salute the spirit of woman and wishing every women of Jatland n earth a Special day.Thanks

neels
March 7th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Tomorrow is International Women Day, As usual we will be reading in newspapers reports on how the lot of women hasn't changed for the better even in the 60th year of our independence. Television channels ll have discussions with some eminent feminists firing how women have such a bad time. Govt. ll again come up with the standard measures taken for the upliftment of women and to alleviate their problems.

But here I take this opportunity to appreciate the positive n developmental changes in our social system and environment. thou' it may be restricted to a tiny, educated segment, but this change has set the stage for the major n overall change in the coming times.
Social change is a gradual process, we can not expect the whole scenario to be changed in a short duration of time. So we should be appreciative of whatever n howsoever limited change is coming to our way.

Female foeticide may well be a fact of life, but the no. of single or only girls families is also on the increase. Sania Mirza -herself one of two daughters- has become the icon for the girl child. Sushmita Sen chose to adopt a girl child. Everywhere you look there are strong women excelling in their fields. Be it business, we have the examples of Indira Nooyi and Naina Lal Kidwai to gain inspiration from. Deepa Mehta and Mira Nair have made India proud in the field of International cinema. Kalpana Chawla and now Sunita Williams touched the space and proved sky is not the limit. Back home, In media, Barkha Dutt makes us feel so proud. In politics, Union Minister Renuka Chaudhary with her two high achieving daughters sets the best example. No count, the list is non-ending.
Life has been made considerably easier by technology and today's woman has all the labor saving devices at her disposal that has made her physical work much easier. More so, if she doesn't want to do, she needn't do any of this herself. Her salary ensures that she can hire someone to take over all these dreary jobs.

Yes, the truth is that life has never been easier for women. And while we must never loose sight of the fact that we are a minuscule privileged minority, and that the majority of the women will probably never enjoy the advantages that we take as our due, there is no harm in taking a moment to sit and look back and see just how far we have got. And take an opportunity to celebrate our lives and be grateful for all the many things that we have to be thankful for on this special day of ours.

Want to Quote lines of this song for the strong headed women of today –

aasamaan ke paar shaayad aur koi aasamaan hogaa
baadalon ke parbaton par koi baarish ka makaan hoga
main hawa ke paron pe kahaan ja raha hoon kahaan
kabhi udata hua, kabhi mudata hua, mera raasta chala.......

misguidedyouth
March 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Dear All

In Haryana to say something on this day is a very difficult job. Even then a folk song on this occasion.
R.S.Dahiya

really nice.... i was just about to search on net on women's day but thanx to u .... u've told us in haryanvi.
gud work dhiya saab

spdeshwal
March 8th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Congratulations for your beautiful composion on Women's Day!

You have been writing Poems/ Geets? Ragnis in the past on various social issues. They are always very inspiring.

I must admit that you have been very well supported by Dr. Neelam ji and Samar. Keep it up all of you!

I wish all the female members of the Jatland Very -2 happy and Great Women's Day!

Sateypal

misguidedyouth
March 8th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Tomorrow is International Women Day, As usual we will be reading in newspapers reports on how the lot of women hasn't changed for the better even in the 60th year of our independence. Television channels ll have discussions with some eminent feminists firing how women have such a bad time. Govt. ll again come up with the standard measures taken for the upliftment of women and to alleviate their problems.

But here I take this opportunity to appreciate the positive n developmental changes in our social system and environment. thou' it may be restricted to a tiny, educated segment, but this change has set the stage for the major n overall change in the coming times.
Social change is a gradual process, we can not expect the whole scenario to be changed in a short duration of time. So we should be appreciative of whatever n howsoever limited change is coming to our way.

Female foeticide may well be a fact of life, but the no. of single or only girls families is also on the increase. Sania Mirza -herself one of two daughters- has become the icon for the girl child. Sushmita Sen chose to adopt a girl child. Everywhere you look there are strong women excelling in their fields. Be it business, we have the examples of Indira Nooyi and Naina Lal Kidwai to gain inspiration from. Deepa Mehta and Mira Nair have made India proud in the field of International cinema. Kalpana Chawla and now Sunita Williams touched the space and proved sky is not the limit. Back home, In media, Barkha Dutt makes us feel so proud. In politics, Union Minister Renuka Chaudhary with her two high achieving daughters sets the best example. No count, the list is non-ending.
Life has been made considerably easier by technology and today's woman has all the labor saving devices at her disposal that has made her physical work much easier. More so, if she doesn't want to do, she needn't do any of this herself. Her salary ensures that she can hire someone to take over all these dreary jobs.

Yes, the truth is that life has never been easier for women. And while we must never loose sight of the fact that we are a minuscule privileged minority, and that the majority of the women will probably never enjoy the advantages that we take as our due, there is no harm in taking a moment to sit and look back and see just how far we have got. And take an opportunity to celebrate our lives and be grateful for all the many things that we have to be thankful for on this special day of ours.

Want to Quote lines of this song for the strong headed women of today –

aasamaan ke paar shaayad aur koi aasamaan hogaa
baadalon ke parbaton par koi baarish ka makaan hoga
main hawa ke paron pe kahaan ja raha hoon kahaan
kabhi udata hua, kabhi mudata hua, mera raasta chala.......

i agree here wid neelam ji .. we have another numrous examples.... but i have slightly different opinion... i wanna say that in jat society i.e. in our villages, people are willing to provide education to their girl child but very few of them are serious about their careers .... their only motive of education is to get her marry. but thanx to our bold women who took initiative and started their careers. now we can see things changing ... may be due to educated woman in family.

in haryana if we compare male-female ratio.. females r much less tha males but still dowary system is there... so i think we sud make our girls not only educated but career orinted too.
wat do u say?

dahiyars
March 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks to all for their comments

Really a positive assertion of women in Haryana can be seen but a lot needs to be done.Another song

R.S.Dahiya

Samarkadian
March 12th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks to all for their comments

Really a positive assertion of women in Haryana can be seen but a lot needs to be done.Another song

R.S.Dahiya

Just ran to add up three more positive news regarding women.

1. Anju Ahalawat, The first Lt Col of Army Ordinance core.There have been women in Technical core but in this dept she is first one to get this rank and proudly she is Jat from Haryana.Greetings to her and her Parents.Jats needs motivation in the form of more of Anjus.

2. Mita Vashishat, bollywood actress,expressed her concerns over land grabbed by UT Chandigarh Administartion from farmers at very low rates.This is very positive in sense when partys are just doing nothing except shouting big.Mita welldone!

3. Haryana govt recently has announced a prize for informing abt female foeticide in state.Though this is very late but all we can hope and praise for this action of Govt.Happy welcome to the earth little babies!