PDA

View Full Version : Should JATS adapt and change!!!

uditnhe
March 11th, 2007, 08:36 AM
In the wake of the almost controversy of Malika Sherawat's open declaration on Coffee with Karan that she is better than Karina Kapoor, a question comes to my mind:

Should Jats be like they are and by that I mean, straight forward, in-the-face and should they always "speak their mind" OR should we be more like our fellow Punjabis, Baniyas etc and be more diplomatic and give socially and publicly apt answers and opinions that dont create a stir or discomfort anyone..........????

Looking forward to some straight forward answers....!!

hdsura
March 11th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Mallika is "The Best". Koi Shak?

rajivshokeen
March 11th, 2007, 11:48 AM
well, I saw that interview and I liked the way she was saying her answers (ofcourse I didn't like all of them) very straightforward, no ifs and buts. KJ, at times seemed to have been overpowered by mallika during that talk. The other thing that she kept repeating is that she is suffering from some sort of disorder that men are unequal to her, that part was hard to digest. I don't y she said so.
But anys, seems like she knows what she is doing in industry and that's good. Her straightforwardness is what sets her apart from others and that's good for her in this line.

Samarkadian
March 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
So it takes Mallika Sherawat to make you think... Mallika Sherawat of all people? lol. I should have known when you asked that question on AIDS.

Samarkadian
March 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Mallika is "The Best". Koi Shak?

I would like to know what meaning your dictionary gives for the word 'The Best.'

neels
March 11th, 2007, 01:44 PM
For the knowledge of all men, may be some missed that episode of hers(Mallika sherawat) in Koffee wid Karan; She considers herself superior than men,,, and not just once, she repeated it many times,,,,neither Karan nor Sanjay Leela Bhansali was comfortable with her this assertion. How many of you are comfortable wid her insistence that she is superior to you?

Thou' she tried to cover her bold and annoying statement by saying that she's suffering wid this disorder. But it doesn't seems so... to me it seems it was part of her strategy to be in news and being discussed for some time. And when she is moving so strategically, how can one say she's not manipulative....???
Rest about Jats in general, need not be diplomatic, but at the same should not be so bouncing to instigate stir by their words.

neels
March 11th, 2007, 01:54 PM
By the way Udit, you can visit Face On/Face Off (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19435) thread in general talk , there we also talked on somewhat similar issue. If you like to, share ur views on that also.

shobhitdeshwal
March 11th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hey Udit,

There was a time when I was called a jatoda by fellow punjabis and baniyas, just because of my straight forward words!!

It pokes you in the eye dude!! It could only be a jat who understands a jat better, for this!!

But, what my opinion to this very nice topic of yours is....

"To live with self respect, we shall keep in our shoes and not change"

BUT
"To live with a nice network in the world, we need to change a lot"

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal.

In the wake of the almost controversy of Malika Sherawat's open declaration on Coffee with Karan that she is better than Karina Kapoor, a question comes to my mind:

Should Jats be like they are and by that I mean, straight forward, in-the-face and should they always "speak their mind" OR should we be more like our fellow Punjabis, Baniyas etc and be more diplomatic and give socially and publicly apt answers and opinions that dont create a stir or discomfort anyone..........????

uditnhe
March 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM
By the way Udit, you can visit Face On/Face Off (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19435) thread in general talk , there we also talked on somewhat similar issue. If you like to, share ur views on that also.

Thankyou ma'am, will do and do agree with you point abt being out spoken

Udit

uditnhe
March 11th, 2007, 03:23 PM
So it takes Mallika Sherawat to make you think... Mallika Sherawat of all people? lol. I should have known when you asked that question on AIDS.

Sir,

I request to you again to please not to take away from the thread and if possible add to the debate instead of attacking me. I have nothing to do with you.

Thank you

Samarkadian
March 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Sir,

I request to you again to please not to take away from the thread and if possible add to the debate instead of attacking me. I have nothing to do with you.

Thank you

Neither Do I have anything to do with you but I wish the debate was debatable.Anyway Udit, Good Luck.

cooljat
March 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
well, just readin n thinkin about ur signature....hummm....before bridging the gap between jat n non-jat we rather first try to bury the gap between jats first!!

n keepin an open mind always helps...so its a humble request that plz! dont reply sarcastic n ironical replies.....all the thread started by udit were quite food for thought, rational n debatable... I feel so!!

But if u find them not worthwhile to discuss, u can simply ignore those threads instead of putin some sarcastic comments, cuz sometimes it hurts!!

anyways, Jats beunited!!

over n out!!

Rock on
Jit

Neither Do I have anything to do with you but I wish the debate was debatable.Anyway Udit, Good Luck.

cooljat
March 11th, 2007, 09:48 PM
strongly agree here with shobhit bro!!
but for me selfrespect is the supereme thing n so for every real jat!!

rock on
Jit

Hey Udit,

There was a time when I was called a jatoda by fellow punjabis and baniyas, just because of my straight forward words!!

It pokes you in the eye dude!! It could only be a jat who understands a jat better, for this!!

But, what my opinion to this very nice topic of yours is....

"To live with self respect, we shall keep in our shoes and not change"

BUT
"To live with a nice network in the world, we need to change a lot"

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal.

bls31
March 12th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Sir,

Thank you

'Discretion is better part of velor', so they say.It is also for one to decide if one wants to make a point or win a point,both have different strategies and altogether different consequences. To survive in this fast changing world one has to change,adopt and evolve.Also one needs to remember 'Survival of the Fittest'
BLS

uditnhe
March 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
'Discretion is better part of velor', so they say.It is also for one to decide if one wants to make a point or win a point,both have different strategies and altogether different consequences. To survive in this fast changing world one has to change,adopt and evolve.Also one needs to remember 'Survival of the Fittest'
BLS

Sir,

I am unclear on the intentions behind quoting me?? can you please clarify and just in case, I am not trying to win anything, it is just to bring up some interesting points, I think thats why we are here. To discuss and debate.

Udit

rajeshrathee
March 12th, 2007, 11:51 PM
To survive in this fast changing world one has to change,adopt and evolve.Also one needs to remember 'Survival of the Fittest'
BLS

Very true Sir. word to word agree with you

bls31
March 29th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Sir,

I am unclear on the intentions behind quoting me?? can you please clarify and just in case, I am not trying to win anything, it is just to bring up some interesting points, I think thats why we are here. To discuss and debate.

Udit

I agree with you that we are here for a debate also it was ageneral remark by me , based on my experience ,of being from a village background and also remaining in touch with my roots, which may not be true in all cases is that we Jats are prone to ,'winning a point' rather than 'making a point'. we also take pride in 'speaking our mind' unmindful of the, consequences.Sorry, if I hurt you, it was not directed at any of your quotes, some times in a debate one may take another direction and make a quote, to make a point and that was my intention.Let me make another
of repeated quot
'Sorry and Thank you' are the most powerful words of the English language.
I am a firm believer of the same, at this stage in life I have no desire to hurt any one intentionally or unintentionally, what drive and motivates me to interaction various forums and platforms is a desire to pass on what little knowledge and experience ,I have gathered in these long 76 years from the life,a great teacher,to those who are interested and have yet a long inning to play in the short time left with me. Regards BriG Lakshman Sing

uditnhe
April 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
I agree with you that we are here for a debate also it was ageneral remark by me , based on my experience ,of being from a village background and also remaining in touch with my roots, which may not be true in all cases is that we Jats are prone to ,'winning a point' rather than 'making a point'. we also take pride in 'speaking our mind' unmindful of the, consequences.Sorry, if I hurt you, it was not directed at any of your quotes, some times in a debate one may take another direction and make a quote, to make a point and that was my intention.Let me make another
of repeated quot
'Sorry and Thank you' are the most powerful words of the English language.
I am a firm believer of the same, at this stage in life I have no desire to hurt any one intentionally or unintentionally, what drive and motivates me to interaction various forums and platforms is a desire to pass on what little knowledge and experience ,I have gathered in these long 76 years from the life,a great teacher,to those who are interested and have yet a long inning to play in the short time left with me. Regards BriG Lakshman Sing

Sir,

Please you dont have to apologize, its just that I came to this forum aka jatland.com to find maybe a avenue for open questioning and opinions, but it seems like as you say ppl are more interested here in making sacrcastic comments and winning points then making any.

I am always ready to listen to experience and knowledge. You are most welcome to make any constructive assesment of my point of views, that is what I am here for.

Thanks

Udit

narenderkharb
April 2nd, 2007, 10:02 PM
All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

Hi Samar ,

Some thing wrong with Jats ???

lacking something ??which everone else has but Jats ??

What is that gap which you want to bridge ????

bls31
April 8th, 2007, 10:26 PM

I have picked a few excerpts from the speeches by some of the speakers during the 'India To Day' Conclave.

I strongly feel that a few changes of words will make these relevant to us also

India Today Conclave

♣ ‘Can we afford to remain Nationalist in Isolation in a World made smaller by Knowledge and Technology?’

♣ ‘The ultimate aim of Dialogue among Civilasations is not dialogue in it self, but attaining empathy and compassion’

♣’Our`s is an ancient civilisation but a young nation’

♣ ‘We must reject all ideologies of exclusion for nature’s way has been to be inclusive.’

♣ ‘I am often surprised by the insular outlook of some of our political and intellectual leaders’

♣’The young generation of India to day is driven by the desire to create wealth .Inventiveness, innovation, entrepreneurial skills and risk taking are driving Indian economy’

Brig lakshman singh

Samarkadian
April 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Samar ,

Some thing wrong with Jats ???

lacking something ??which everone else has but Jats ??

What is that gap which you want to bridge ????

Dear Mr. Narender,
Since you query in this thread, I was thinking and reading all my posts. Except one or two (which are in this thread only, Unfortunately reactive) I found all of them very explainatory to your question (If you have taken time to go through).
Purpose of this post by Udit is very much same as does my signature (So does the post- Face off/face On of Dr Neelam Rathee). I found your question more of reactive than thinking (It might be untrue). There are things, which pains me when I see my Jats bros not getting apt respect from world (so its world’s turn to bounce back), which actually they deserve (Don’t take few computer savvy and literate jat stuff). They feel proud in some other things, which are false face of a Jats. I’m very proud about the real character of a Jat’s personality (I don’t include being molad in it at all, which is, unfortunately a tag by world). Lately one of my known wished to start his research on this signature. Its all perception in multidimensional world. To conclude, signature also meant to bridge gaps among historically unorganized jats community. I don’t prefer to talk more about myself, it will be done well after my journey is over. If you are satisfied its better otherwise drop in sometime to Chandigarh, I will try to. Thanks