PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Yahoo! Messenger : Urgent Help Needed!!!

chaudharyssv
March 22nd, 2007, 02:51 AM
Hello Folks,

First of all, 'Hi' to all of you!

Before describing the problem, let me first give my system configuration.

Processor - Pentium IV 2.8 GHz
Motherboard - D101 GGC
RAM - 512 MB

I m facing a problem with Yahoo messenger, while tryingto connect to voice chat. And the problem is that whenever I try to connect voice chat with any other person, I can hear his voice but the other person isn't able to hear me.

I have confirmed that my sound drivers are working properly. I have two panels for mic, front and back panel, but my front panel works as backpanel as it is connected to back panel through wires. Front panel isn't directly attached to the motherboard as there is no such jack in my cabinet for this.

I have selected the mic input sound to the "mic volume " out of the four available options (i.e. CD volume, FrontMic, mic volume and line volume) in the Control Panel.

But now the main problem arises. When I connect to voice chat on Yahoo Messenger, the mic input sound (in control panel->sounds and audio devices) is automatically changed to FrontMic from the Mic Volume. As my Front panel mic works as the back panel mic, so there is no input sound to the PC. And the messenger window shows the muted microphone.

I have included all the points inthe problem description. So is there anyway I could get rid of this problem?

Comments are eagerly awaited....

Regards,

Satendra Chaudhary

misguidedyouth
March 24th, 2007, 11:33 PM
in yahoo msgnr
messanger -> prefrences -> calling and audio

which microphone is slected???

did u try call setup assistant???

try to connect ur microfone directly on rear panel insted off wired front panel.

is ur microfone works fine wid other applications such as MSN msgnr??