PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Gods3

navingulia
March 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Battle of Gods3

No Religion, no single word in any religious book has been written or dictated by God.
99.99% people are born into a religion and then find reasons to justify the righteousness of their religion. Only 0.01% if not lesser people convert to a religion after being influenced by some aspect of its teachings.
Man doesn’t understand himself, he is not able to accept/understand his end/death or his existence. (every living creature is severly programmed through his genes for self preservation). As a result he turns to religion. A Hindu feels you are reborn so death is nothing, a Christian has been promised everlasting life for being a Christian, a muslim has been promised a special place close to God if he dies fighting(not necessarily with weapons) for him.
Religion is a means of getting over the basic fear of humans – death. Every creature strives to protect himself with every bit of his energy, man is no different. After conquering and ruling the largest kingdom ever in human history Genghis Khan,(he wasn’t a muslim) realized he wanted to live forever. He had the whole world searched for a remedy but couldnot. One fine day he fell from his horse and died.

If the whole world and every human has been created by one God why would he need religions to segregate them into groups.
The comedy/trajedy of it all is that every hindu, muslim, Christian, budhist, jew…is so thoroughly convinced about the rightness of his religion. He thinks that probably the people of other religions don’t have the IQ to understand the greatness of his religion or probably they are the children of a lesser God so they don’t deserve to understand his religion.
A Hindu who massacres innocent people in Gujrat riots is a follower of Rama?
A Christian who carpet bombs cities in iraq/aphghanistan killing innocent men, women and kids a follower of Jesus?
A Muslim who slaughters bound unarmed men on video shouting ‘Allah O Akbar’ and bombs innocent people a follower of Allah?
Religions are not the word of God but the need for human beings to identify with a larger symbolic identity. A Hindu proudly puts on a tilak and wears a janeu(religious thread), a Christian gets baptized nad wears a cross, a muslim wears a cap, keeps a beard, gets circumcised, a Sikh keeps long hair, wears a turban and carries a kripan(dagger). And we think this is what God wants from us?
If I cant be a good human being whats the use following these symbolic things.

Religions are nothing but political books written by people to exercise their influence over as large a population as possible. Who ever wrote them was intelligent (and maybe shrewd) because he understood the human inclination towards supernatural and symbolism.

Most religions were dictated by God on top of some mountain, among the clouds to a single man. Why were these Gods so shy of the common man?
Why do all these Gods love to play this favorite game of ‘who will have blind faith in me?’ with us? Or are we playing this game with ourselves?
Every religion has one common aspect. Don’t question anything or you are evil/satan. Is it so? Or is it because the God(or the man who created him) was scared that if he allows people to question his truth(or fallacy) maybe discovered.

We have to learn to be humans first. Don’t drag God into it.

I recently went to a temple and there was a board outside that read ‘non-hindus’ are not permitted inside. I didn’t go inside.
Some years back I had gone with a few friends to Ajmer and we visited the Muslim holy shrine but I didn’t enter. My fried said ‘Are you a staunch Hindu?’, I said no, its because if I don’t get it here I certainly wont get it after going inside.

If we have not discovered happiness, joy, love, compassion, understanding, respect for each other, forget about God. Don’t drag him into it.

yatinder19
March 23rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Gr8 naveen bhaai..Fully agree with u.
Let me include also
Religion gives people an identity, a faith which they can follow.
There are so many people in the world who dont have their love ones nearby,they dont have any interest in life..but because of their religion,which gives them hope,strength to live on...

cooljat
March 23rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
salutations to navin bhai!!

Rock on
Jit

navingulia
March 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Bhai Yatinder
yo baat sahi sai. Om ka uchchaaran ho, krishan ka bhajan ho, masjid ki namaaz ho agar us se shaanti milti hai to sahi hai kintu agar religion se ghrina milti hai to wo galat hai.

yatinder19
March 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
fully agree bhaii...

sidchhikara
March 25th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I split from the group when I reached the age of reason - was'nt hard at all - as easy as flipping a switch.

ranvirsingh
March 25th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Battle of Gods3

I recently went to a temple and there was a board outside that read ‘non-hindus’ are not permitted inside. I didn’t go inside.
Some years back I had gone with a few friends to Ajmer and we visited the Muslim holy shrine but I didn’t enter. My fried said ‘Are you a staunch Hindu?’, I said no, its because if I don’t get it here I certainly wont get it after going inside.

If we have not discovered happiness, joy, love, compassion, understanding, respect for each other, forget about God. Don’t drag him into it.

It's not battle of God's, it's battle of identity, supermacy and superiority. Do you think Ram ever asked to kill innocent muslims, or to be precise, were there any muslims when Ram was born. Is it Jesus asking christians to carpet boomb Iraqi cities, or is it Allah asking muslims to slaughter an unarmed person? Do you blame every Hindu if muslims are killed in riots in Gujrat, do you blame every christian if Iraqi cities are being bombed, or do you blame every muslim if unarmed human souls are slaughtered by few fanatics?
You saw a temple where 'non-hindus' are not allowed, so how do you feel on being a hindu ?..Are you still a hindu or you have denounced your religion? If You went to Ajmer Chisti and remain outside because you think "if I don’t get it here I certainly wont get it after going inside."
You saw a temple and did not go inside because non-hindus are not allowed then you visit a muslim holy shrine and remain outside because you think " "if I don’t get it here I certainly wont get it after going inside." Your reaction not visiting a temple is acceptable but did you talk with temple adm to get that FATTA removed which is dividing mankind on the base of religion. Why did not you enter the muslim holy shrine? There everyone is welcome and shrines like that unite people? These two things donot go together and contradict your own views if we look at them minutely. You are still a hindu like all of us and probably your religion came in between when you went to Ajmer...otherwise going with your thoughts in initial part of the article you are supposed to enter and promote such places where religion donot divide people. and that's the need of the hour.

navingulia
March 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Ranvir Sir,
I dont want to promote any religion, I want to promote human values. I am not in favor of all religions, i am in favor of no religion.

All religions have basic differences.
1. In time of Rama/Krishna there were no big temples or idols or rituals. At a time of ancient hindu kingdoms in southern part of india the priests were given more importance and at this time the purohits/rajpurohits introduced the concepts of huge temples, idols and rituals. Nobody could question them. God never wanted temples and idols to be made.
According to hinduism jeevhatya/killing living form is a crime so how can a hindu respect christians/muslims where animals are sacrificed.
2. According to Bible and Quran jesus/jehova/allah is the only true God and it is the biggest crime to pray or respect any other God. Please read the Bible and Quran. Also, try to invite a staunch christian/muslim to your temple, accept your prasad and bow before your God. If he does it I promise I will eat my words.
Will a Hindu sacrifice/slaughter a Cow/Goat?

Religions devide people. God didnot make religions, man did.

People want to fight for Ram, Christ and Allah, they want to build temples, churches and mosques but they dont want to make this world a better place, they dont want to serve the poor and weak, they dont want to promote harmony and respect.

As a child i used to think that all religions guide you to one God but when i grew up and read these books and observed i saw that they are different and promote different concepts and different Gods and this is why people fight.

Christ hasnot asked people to bomb but christ has said that i am the only true God and if you pray to anyone else or respect any other God thats the biggest crime. You are not even supposed to bow before your parents/teacher or to touch their feet out of respect becoz God is a jealous God and you have to bow before him only.
"Our God is a jealous God" are the words repeated again and again in the bible and quran.
i have questioned lot of christians and muslims about this and they say immediately "He has to be! because he is the only god so he has to be jealous" (Jealous is the word used, i am not making it up)
Allah didnot say that you kill innocent men but allah did say that there will be peace only when the whole world becomes muslim (as if muslims dont fight with each other)
In the Bible/Quran God has asked for sacrifices of animals to be made to them, man dloesnt do it out of his choice. In both it is written "I have made all the animals for you, you can cut and eat any of them"

How can these religions unite? They are meant to fuel hatred and enimity.

My aim is not conflict, my aim is harmony.

hdsura
March 25th, 2007, 10:45 AM
...this religion thing is like my **ck is bigger than yours, nothing more. Besides, it is again some smart **s devised a way to control, abuse the populace and made an extremely good business out of it.

That's why we JATs don't believe in this *dakhosla* and the Pundas don't like us. Too Bad for Pundas.

YOU'VE ONE LIFE. NOTHING BEFORE AND AFTER IT. ENJOY AS MUCH AS YOU COULD. VEGAS STYLE.

deepakchoudhry
March 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Lets not blame religion because some Humans are more stupid and Ignorant than others.

Just as someone is blaming science but not the bad scienctists.

God is one....practices are different.

When we create anything, we also write a manual, ie how to operate it.

Vedas are such life manuals provided to us by the divine.

Vedas are set of natural, eternal and timeless laws....but the question is how many of us would take pain to understand them and follow them.

Lets not blame someone or something else for our own shortcomings.

ranvirsingh
March 26th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I am not in favor of all religions, i am in favor of no religion.

Are you still a Hindu or not and what religion you mention officially?

All religions have basic differences.
1. God never wanted temples and idols to be made.

If you donot believe in religion then how can you believe in God? How you know God never wanted temples or idols to be made?

According to hinduism jeevhatya/killing living form is a crime so how can a hindu respect christians/muslims where animals are sacrificed.

A wrong statement, even in hinduism, sacrifice of animals is done, even in temples but not in all.

2. According to Bible and Quran jesus/jehova/allah is the only true God and it is the biggest crime to pray or respect any other God. Please read the Bible and Quran. Also, try to invite a staunch christian/muslim to your temple, accept your prasad and bow before your God. If he does it I promise I will eat my words.

That's where problem is, why you want someone else to bow before your God? Continue your religious practices and let others do theirs'. Is Quaran/ Bible written by their so called God's.

Will a Hindu sacrifice/slaughter a Cow/Goat?

Religions devide people. God didnot make religions, man did.

Where is God that you are so certain about who made religion?

People want to fight for Ram, Christ and Allah, they want to build temples, churches and mosques but they dont want to make this world a better place, they dont want to serve the poor and weak, they dont want to promote harmony and respect.

This world is full of people of all mentalities. There are many Christian/ muslim organisations who help poor and needy, but unfortunatelly we put them in all in one basket and tag them as rotten and bad apples.

As a child i used to think that all religions guide you to one God but when i grew up and read these books and observed i saw that they are different and promote different concepts and different Gods and this is why people fight.

Christ hasnot asked people to bomb but christ has said that i am the only true God and if you pray to anyone else or respect any other God thats the biggest crime. You are not even supposed to bow before your parents/teacher or to touch their feet out of respect becoz God is a jealous God and you have to bow before him only.
"Our God is a jealous God" are the words repeated again and again in the bible and quran.

Kindly let me know and guide me where you read that and which book. I never came across such things. It's not christ who wrote the Bible or Allah who wrote the Quaran.
i have questioned lot of christians and muslims about this and they say immediately "He has to be! because he is the only god so he has to be jealous" (Jealous is the word used, i am not making it up)
Allah didnot say that you kill innocent men but allah did say that there will be peace only when the whole world becomes muslim (as if muslims dont fight with each other)

Why hindu lower casts conver to Christianity or Islam? Did you ever tried to find out the reason? What do you understand by the statement why there will be peace if all were muslim? Because they donot have a caste system at that time and this was the caste system which forced people of lower hindu casts to become christian or muslim because they were treated badly.

In the Bible/Quran God has asked for sacrifices of animals to be made to them, man dloesnt do it out of his choice. In both it is written "I have made all the animals for you, you can cut and eat any of them"

Even the plants have life, they do respond if we hurt them..only thing is that they donot have voice to cry. Is their religion in nature where a deer eats grass and a lion eats deer. Who preached that liuon to kill the poor deer.

How can these religions unite? They are meant to fuel hatred and enimity.

My aim is not conflict, my aim is harmony.

How your aim is not conflict when you criticise everyone's religion? What is this? You believe in God as you said God didnot ask to make temples or kill animal. What is this...you want everyone to follow a philosophy where there is only one God for all then how it differs from the views of christians or muslims. That's what they preach now and you have problem with that. You want a religion of your own with only God for all...same as others say.

Blaming anyone servers no purpose...we have to find the ways to spread peace and harmony and the spread of that starts from our neighbourhood, then to village and then so on. Where you are residing, religious conflicts donot occur but castism is a problem. If you could add something to change this through Jan Jagriti, it will be a great achievement and then we can go ahead in our work for religious harmony from there on.

navingulia
March 26th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Ranvir Sir,
With due respect
The truth remains that religions are dividing people and divided people are fighting.
I am not propagating my religion, I am saying 'be humans first'.

Others have done a lot for me and I will do whatever little I can to help others irrespective of their religion or caste.

We may never agree to each others opinion and that is fine. Only, I am not asking people to fight or do bad, i am asking them to love and live in harmony and do good to each other.

See, I and you differ on a point so we are having an argument. Usually people end up fighting on such small differences only.
These religions differ vastly on principles so if people of these religions live together they will end up at some point hurting each others sentiments and fighting. There have been wars and fights and riots, there will be.

I am only trying to promote harmony. If i propagate any one religion strongly there will be a fight.

yatinder19
March 26th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Ranvir jii
Whatever you said is bitter truth.But its very difficult to have no religion..People need relegion for so many things.Some are getting peace of ming by worshipping their idols or by following them.
we can have peace between religions but NO RELIGION scenario is quite impossible to attain.
You said so many things which are in each religion which r opposed by other religion.Okay..
But still there is fear in common man bcoz of religion to do evil things.I cant do so many bad things bcoz my relogion is not permitting it.
But if there is no religion,there will be no fear and there will come new rules n new laws which might not benefit the society.Relgion always play the binding force among people,its the unity among people n history approves this.
So having no religion is not guarntee us that there will be no evil things no hatredness...These might increase.. Majority of People r still feraful of GODS bcoz of their religion.

navingulia
March 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Bhai Yatinder
And Ranvir Sir (actually I am addressing you as sir coz I don’t know your age)
I have not written this article for personal reasons, I have written it because it pains me to see the bloodshed and disrespect in name of religion.

Bhai Yatinder, on a personal level God is able to prevent you from doing wrongs but as a country of 110million God is not able to stop crimes, rapes, loot, murder, corruption. If somebody doesn’t commit crime it is because he is scared of getting caught by police and jailed. The law of the land has been devised in 20th century and amendments when needed are made. Religious books were written 3-4000 yrs back and no changes are made to them. Modern laws are made by intellectuals keeping in mind the common good. Religious laws like covering a woman in burka and similar laws are absurd.
Yahaan to log mandir se murti chura lete hain, kahaan ka bhagwan ka dar.

A discussion in a Christian household is – Hindus are idolaters(idol worshippers), they don’t believe in jesus, they believe in stupid rituals and pray to animals like cow and monkey and elephant. Hindus are stupid because they believe in 1000’s of Gods. Muslim believe in prophet and violence, they also don’t believe in true God.

A discussion in Muslim household - Hindus are idolaters(idol worshippers), they are kafir(non-believers) and are stupid because they believe in 1000’s of Gods. Also they pray to animals. They are very heartless because they burn the dead bodies of their close ones. Christians don’t believe in true God and also that Christians believe in 3 Gods – Jehova, Jesus and holy spirit.

A discussion in Hindu household – Usually not much is discussed about Christians but enough hatred is discussed about muslims. They are barbaric/kattar, they kill and torture, eat the holy cow, bhai bhai ko maar deta hai. Even the animal they eat, they torture it to death(halal ka meat).

I am not lying, these discussions are made in every household. How can these religions bring peace? Can some one tell me that?

cooljat
March 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
two thumbs up to u Navin Bhaisaab, very well elobrated!!
I know only one Relegion and that is HUMANITY!!
Im spritual not ritual!!

thats all!!

Rock on
Jit

Bhai Yatinder
And Ranvir Sir (actually I am addressing you as sir coz I don’t know your age)
I have not written this article for personal reasons, I have written it because it pains me to see the bloodshed and disrespect in name of religion.

Bhai Yatinder, on a personal level God is able to prevent you from doing wrongs but as a country of 110million God is not able to stop crimes, rapes, loot, murder, corruption. If somebody doesn’t commit crime it is because he is scared of getting caught by police and jailed. The law of the land has been devised in 20th century and amendments when needed are made. Religious books were written 3-4000 yrs back and no changes are made to them. Modern laws are made by intellectuals keeping in mind the common good. Religious laws like covering a woman in burka and similar laws are absurd.
Yahaan to log mandir se murti chura lete hain, kahaan ka bhagwan ka dar.

A discussion in a Christian household is – Hindus are idolaters(idol worshippers), they don’t believe in jesus, they believe in stupid rituals and pray to animals like cow and monkey and elephant. Hindus are stupid because they believe in 1000’s of Gods. Muslim believe in prophet and violence, they also don’t believe in true God.

A discussion in Muslim household - Hindus are idolaters(idol worshippers), they are kafir(non-believers) and are stupid because they believe in 1000’s of Gods. Also they pray to animals. They are very heartless because they burn the dead bodies of their close ones. Christians don’t believe in true God and also that Christians believe in 3 Gods – Jehova, Jesus and holy spirit.

A discussion in Hindu household – Usually not much is discussed about Christians but enough hatred is discussed about muslims. They are barbaric/kattar, they kill and torture, eat the holy cow, bhai bhai ko maar deta hai. Even the animal they eat, they torture it to death(halal ka meat).

I am not lying, these discussions are made in every household. How can these religions bring peace? Can some one tell me that?

yatinder19
March 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Naveen Bhaai
You have written right but I am not agree with you on the last line,Wharever we are talking in our houses does not at all mean thats our religion speaking.Religion is not at all responsible for it.Talking(I mean right talking) about any class strongly depends upon facts,if we are saying something about muslims people thats bcoz of things done by them.We are critical about muslim people but not against muslim religion,I dont think we are saying anything against their god.We are not saying anything against Buddhism,jainism etc becoz we have not faced anything harsh from them.
Religion is here to make people spiritual but its depends upon people how they mould this for their means.
Some people are using atomic energy for peaceful work, some are using to destroy others.It doesnot mean Atomic energy is bad or good thing.Its the way you take it.

Religion never say you hate others.All religions say LOVE EACH OTHER.
and every coin has two face,its better to see the brighter side then the darker one.

dahiyars
March 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Dear Navin

Good topic for discussion. I agree with you that life should be more humane. No religion preach hartred in theory but in practice we see massacres because of religious fundamentalism. Human values of day today life were developed by humans much earlier than the emergence of different religions.

Another point I want to make is that Man created the God and not the vice versa. There is continous change in the Concept of God from earlier times to the present times. According to one of the thinkers religion is opium for the people.

We should hate dharmik kattarta and not dharmikta. and should have respect for all religion and those who donot believe in any religion.

No matter what religion or cast has been enforced upon me because of my birth, but first of all I should be a good human being with a scientific temper mind set in the present context.

R.S.Dahiya

navingulia
March 27th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Exactly Sir,
Respect for everyones feelings, emotions and existence is what people are not able to follow because of the way religions are being publicised today.
People are fighting over nothing.

arunshamli
March 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
If religion is the cause of the hatred among the people, why do people of same religion fight?

yatinder19
March 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
very good question raised by you balyaan saab...

dahiyars
March 27th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Dear All

Good debate indeed.The people of the same religion also fight and hate each other.Even the people of the same caste fight very violently in our villages. There are multiple factors for it. But the htred spread by one religion against othes has got some different space and place. The people of the same religion fight because of many reasons and of of the important one is that a religion itself has got a further divisions.

R.S.Dahiya

navingulia
March 27th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Religions are not able to play a binding role even within themselves.
If a religion cannot create peace within itself how will it create peace with other religions.
We haveto understand human values of compassion, understanding, respect for each other.

msingh
March 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM
naveen not only this ,,what we call the most civilized race (people from Europe )are so afraid of other relegion that they are not ready to listen about any other religion as they think ,,,,that will offened their GOD....
Even i started a thread on this topic where my Australian friend tried his best to convert people from other relegions ,,,,,,,
This only happens when u dont have faith in ur own relegion and u think that people fron other relegions will lead u in a wrong direction ,,,, people should be out od that misconcepetion and grow up

ranvirsingh
March 28th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Bhai Naveen I think I am younger than you, so you need not to address me by Sir... even this SIR makes me feel like a Boodha ( no offence to elders, you all deserve this because of your age and experience).

I highly appriciate your humane values and enthusiasm to spread love and compassion and you are doing a great job through Jan Jagriti, keep it up.

No one likes the bloodshed except the evil ones who are in big minority (rather rare) compared to the total population. Religion, if not twisted to miss guide the followers, never leads to hatered. Conflicts occur when we try to force our religion on others. Let me not criticise other religions first, Hindu's donot kill a Cow but they can kill anyother animal or even a human being ! Does Cow feel more pain than other animals? Why Cow sluaghther was prohibited in Hindu religious books? Becauses of it's milk which has a good nutritious value specifically for infants because of it's low protein content compared to that of a buffalo. Another reason was oxen which obeviously were( still are in some parts) backbone of Indian farming system. Saying that Hindu religion prohibits animal killing and than specifically mentioning Cow, leaves some space for animal killing as we see in few temples, and I would say there exists the double standred. We prohibit cow slaughter because of our beliefs and force others to follow it...that's where the conflict starts. Why we force our beliefs on others. On one hand we say we donot force people to convert to hinduism, but then we force them to follow our beliefs...if this is not indirect conversion then what is this?

A pig is hated by muslims and they donot like those who eat it. That again is same..indirect conversion. Seeing the environment in which pigs feed and grow, muslims are correct. Pigs can give you a lot of disease mainly the parasitic. So their philosophy is somewhat scientific too. Then why should a non-muslim force them to face a situation which they donot like and why should Muslims hate those who eat or keep pigs?

Christians eat everything because of their location and availability. These people are primerily from colder regions where growing crops is not easy and animals are in abundance and good quality with more fat due to cold environmet. So they have changed their habbits according to their needs. Then why should muslims or Hindus should criticise them for what they eat?

Conflits occurs when we force others to follow our path forcefully. I have been to few services, listened to the priest, talked with him without showing anger and without hurting his sentiments and he still greets me with warmath. If you talk logically the other person will listen without conflit except when you encounter a fanatic or fundamentalist which are not so common.

One of the cause of conflict is lack of good and rather higher education. If we see minutely most of these fundamentalists and their followers are never highly educated, they are not exposed to the world and science.

Now one question... Do we just fight because of religion? No, when these religions were not there even then wars were faught, because of land, money and sometime even beautiful women. A brother can kill his own family member because of greed of money or land, a farmers sometime kills other farmer just for few minutes of extra water for his fields. When people are murdered without religion being a cause then how can you held religion solely responsible for the hatered. When two lions born to same mother cannot stay together after they attain their adulthood, then I wonder which religion they were preched after birth. Take it as a law of nature or just natural, but conflicts does occur because of several reasons. Having intelligence and sainity of differentiating between pleasure and grief, it becomes our responsibilty to treat others as we want others to treat ourself, if we can achieve this, we will never hurt anyone. Every religion has it's own beauty and benifits, during the time of struggle or misery, we hold the crutches of religion to walkover that period.

So NAvin, as you said let's spead love, compassion and human values but we can do it by making people understand without cricising their faith or belief, but tha's the harder path.

Food for thought- These so called cutter hindus can oppose cow slaughter just to come on to steets and disrupt the normalcy, but they donot care how many cows are dying on Indian raods every day because of hunger or by getting crushed under a vehicle. It is not religion that cause conflict, it's the people with vested interest that cause conflict on the name of religion.

navingulia
March 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Bhai Ranvir,
I have read the bible, geeta and quran. I am not talking hearsay.
In bible mockery has been made of hindus for the reasons i have already posted. And also of muslims for praying to a false God.
In Quran too mockery has been made of hindus and christians.
These religions are a deviding force.
Till people follow Quran they will follow the laws of shariat. they will not accept any other law. Women will wear burka, honour killings will happen, hands will be chopped off, people will be stoned to death.
why do you think pakistan, aphghanistan and iran have 99% muslim population.
We can unite and live in peace with understanding and compassion if that is promoted not if religions/religious books are promoted.

Samarkadian
March 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Indeed a natural question about religion.I have been haunted by same question since years.Since brought In Hindu family, i was poured with same cults,rituals as another.Going through mostly all 'organised religion' off and on,I came to understand few things.I would like to share instead of debating because its a very personal matter.

Religion, like someone said here is mannual or say a way of living for a community;Further for the survival creator had fixed some rules and regulation and coming generation of supporters moulded it according to their convience.Secondaly, mannual had been formulated according to the living standards of those time, so its not neccesary they are significant in modern times.Since change is a natural process and one has to be in natural rhythm otherwise they dnt survive.Its crucial times in world when religious federations have almost divided world.

Most importent things in understanding a religion, is in its universal applicablity.There is no such 'utopian' mannual which can encircle all faiths on the earth.But few things which are above any 'formulated relegions' are applicable to every HIndu, Muslim,Christian,Jews,Black, White,Chinese,every caste,every Race is DEATH.Every one would die,everyone would face results what kind of deeds they would do in this short span of human life.If I would say dirty things, I would be treated with same thing.These things are the ultimate truths where everyone should not didagree, otherwise all historical and mythological formulation are results of clever minds to take control of society.
To me, all cults are useless.Concluding with saying this is personal quest and one has to ask question one self rather than imposing, related to Universal application of any exisisting faith.
And It would not be fare If do not add some of my favourite lines from "Madhushala".

"Yam Aayega Saki Bankar Saath liye Kali Hala,
Pi na, phir hosh mein aayega ye sura visudh-matwala,
ye antinm behosi, ye antim saki, ye antim pyala hai,
Pathik pyar se pina isko phir na milegi Madhusala,

Musalman aur Hindu hain Do,,ek,magar unka pyala,
Ek magar unka Madiryala,ek,magar, unki hala,
Dono rahte ek na jab tak mandir masjid na jate,
Bair Karate Mandir masjid,Male karati Madhusala."

Thanks!