PDA

View Full Version : hope and pray

navingulia
March 24th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I sincerely hope, pray and dream that this country wakes up one day to something better than cricket.

satyeshwar
March 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
or at least that they have a better cricket team! :p

sumeetmalik
March 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I sincerely hope, pray and dream that this country wakes up one day to something better than cricket.

I think today is the perfect morning to wake up for something better! :D

sejwaldeepak
March 24th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I think it will be better now to move to our national game Hockey instead of praying and changing indian circket team/coaches. :D :rolleyes: :mad: They can do better then these models.:cool: or we can appraoch to world cup winner Lady cricket Team.

dndeswal
March 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Sometimes I appreciate Sumit Dahiya for his “anti-Government” crusade in his posts. Rajiv Gandhi created a new “Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports”, something in which Government need not poke its nose. It has proved to be a burden on public purse, a department dominated not by sportsmen but by babus and bureaucrats who enjoy foreign tours and other perks. Sunil Dutt, who was heading this Ministry in his last days, was reportedly not very happy about its functioning. Sports sector is something which can better be handled by autonomous or private initiatives. Any task which is badly controlled by Government leads to a poor ending. I am afraid India’s jump in IT sector may soon end in similar dismay - as a “Ministry of IT” has been created some years back.

The method of selection of sports teams for international tournaments is full of lacunas. The principle of “secularism” should not apply on this kind of team set-up but it has been noticed that region-wise representation is given to please all. The team would be a mix of Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and so on! One Minister from Andhra Pradesh was reportedly crying why none from Andhra Pradesh was selected for a particular team. Are Americans less secular than us or are they ‘biased’ or full of ‘apartheid’ in the matter of sports? American sportsmen in teams like baseball, volleyball, soccer and basketball, other sports like boxing, long race, wrestling etc. are predominated by black Americans rather than Whites. Give a chance to someone who is superior - ignore his caste, creed or colour.

Rural youth of Punjab and Haryana have a natural fascination for hockey. Bengalis are fond of football, good players too. Why don’t you make a hockey team full of Punjab’s Sardar youth or a football team entirely of Bengali boys? Will someone in international tournament object to it? The objective should be to win a match – not this kind of pseudo-secularism. Make a survey of Indian cricket team and you will find how many were selected not because of their talent but solely on the basis of recommendation from politicians.

On this “game” (Cricket-gambling) itself, I remember the famous quote of George Bernard Shaw : “Cricket is a game where 22 fools befool 22 thousand people for 22 hours" !

rameshlakra
March 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I am so happy to see this cricket bashing, lets give chance to hockey.
If hockey had got the kind of response cricket gets, we would have continued to rein this sport.

One good thing was that sehwag did his duty without worrying about fruits of his action. He has made us proud once again and silenced his critics.

kharub
March 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I am so pleased by the results ....... useless and selfish pricks ... this is exactly what they deserved

raj2rif
March 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I see a lot of bashing of cricketers and cricket team by members, understandably which is genuine at this point of time considering the team's performance. But then it is just a game. The better team won. We need to look back as to what went wrong, and how can we correct it.
I have played both Cricket and Hockey at college level as well as during my army career. More of hockey than cricket since it is not very popular in army due to time it takes to play a game.
Indian hockey is also full of politics. Actually, while Mr. Deswal's point is very pertinent, but the problem is much more deep than the ministry itself. It is with the coaches, team captains, administrators at each level. I can go on this subject for ever and since the decision has started, would like to contribute more in next posts.
I may have mentioned in one of my post, that I know atleast a person who won the Dronacharya award for coaching who destroyed an atheletes career, who would have otherwise gone to represent the country in one particular event. Coaching is some thing that comes from the analysis of the game rather than pure technique. Psychological aspects, motivation, discipline and focus are very important aspects of the game. More often than not it has been noticed that a good player is less likely to be a good coach. Difference you can see in comparing Tom Moody, Bob Woolmar and say Greg Chappell. More on this in next post. Let us see what we are lacking, where we are lacking and what is the solution to lift our sports. Be it hockey, cricket or any other game.

ranvirsingh
March 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I hope, pray and dream that the people of this country become a little more realistic. Everyone knows that cricket is a funny game. You cannot always win. Yes we wanted the team India to win the world cup but that did not happen. Why to loose the sportsman spirit. Whoever performs better wins that day. Why are few people criticising cricket I can not understand? If you donot like it donot think about it, very simple. Hockey is even in worse state than cricket at present. Please stop pushing people and let them enjoy whatever they feel better with. And if you reaslly feel that team India is not doing good then make your own team. Our players donot get pleasure by loosing a match, and when we behave like this, we even make it harder for them. They are human beings too, like us all.

ranvirsingh
March 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I am so pleased by the results ....... useless and selfish pricks ... this is exactly what they deserved

If you think so then it's shameful...if they win then it's your team India and if they loose they are selfish pricks...well what about yourself....you look even more selfish than they are !!! They atleast gave it a try and you only can criticise...it takes a lots of guts and hard work to reach there.

hdsura
March 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM

Gulia Bro,

Forget this country ??it. Don't get fooled by this country and nationalism ??it. This is for FOOLS and IDIOTS. The smart ??s are minting money out of it. There is too much money at stake, so, your hope and pray never going to realize.

Just remember who is benefitting MOST from this cricket ??it. This is all MONEY GAME. The public pawn will never understand it.

navingulia
March 25th, 2007, 11:01 AM
You are right sir.
Cricket provides purpose to the purposeless person.
Gandhi/Subhash cannot provide purpose to todays India, Dhoni can.
Its an irony and a trajedy.

kharub
March 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
If you think so then it's shameful...if they win then it's your team India and if they loose they are selfish pricks...well what about yourself....you look even more selfish than they are !!! They atleast gave it a try and you only can criticise...it takes a lots of guts and hard work to reach there.

what ever those selfish pricks are doing they are doing it for themselves .. they get the money ... BCCI is a private company a profit making private enterprise .. nothing to do with us .. they make money on our name .. drive fancy cars and build mansions ..... they do not have any respect or care for the feelings of the common man .. if they did they would play like the Australians do .. they always win or most of the times .......

whoever the Indians play you know there is an equal chance of them losing

they all play because they get money out of it ... and big bucks ... its a business my friend .... not charity for you and me ... and in a business if you are a loss making unit ... you should cease working ASAP

neels
March 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM

And we ended discussing Cricket again....HA HA HA....:p :) ;)

raj2rif
March 25th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Dear Dr. Rathee Ji,

You are right on target. We need to discuss sports as a whole on this thread. A sports person usually loves all the games, whether he/she plays or not. I guess, the sport is to be played in the letter and spirit of the game and we need to improve on our weaknesses.
After all what are we doing here, playing a game, only thing it happens to be the "Blame Game" here.

People who get perturbed by defeats or failures, for them, my advise is "please read the book called: Defeat Into Victory", by Field Marshall Sir William Slim. It is an excellent book to read, and probably one of the very good book on man management and how to motivate people.

Politics is bad in all its forms. To me it is nothing but manipulation of system and facts to get advantage over your competitors. We are all victim of this at some point or other in our life, whether it is the selection of a sport team, a promotion in the company or even an admission in a college. Only thing is that we like it when it helps us while we dislike it when it happent to be against us.

To be fair to all, we need to discuss the issue without prejudice. Then only we can come up with a meaningful discussion, whether it is this thread or any other.

Let us share our experience and suggest some of the practical ways to improve the system. In this case the level of sports, be it Cricket or Hockey, Soccor or Basketball.

ranvirsingh
March 26th, 2007, 04:12 AM
what ever those selfish pricks are doing they are doing it for themselves .. they get the money ... BCCI is a private company a profit making private enterprise .. nothing to do with us .. they make money on our name .. drive fancy cars and build mansions ..... they do not have any respect or care for the feelings of the common man .. if they did they would play like the Australians do .. they always win or most of the times .......

whoever the Indians play you know there is an equal chance of them losing

they all play because they get money out of it ... and big bucks ... its a business my friend .... not charity for you and me ... and in a business if you are a loss making unit ... you should cease working ASAP

Dude whats your problem...Loosing a match or cricketers being rich...what's wrong if they are rich...it's their hard earned money. We all work for money and not for charity and they have done for country more than I or you have done. Then why are you so jealous? Jealous with their status? Work hard man..you will have everything?

Australia lost five matches in a row and no one stoned the homes of the players...be a fan like that. Have sportsman spirit and discuss how can we improove rather than blaming the players.

If you take them from business point of view then they are the most successful team in the world as BCCI and it's players both are rich and that's what you have problem with.

spdeshwal
March 26th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I don't agree with you Ranvir ji. You are right in saying that it is a profitable business for players and the BCCI.

How about the Nation as a whole? Shouldn't we realise that billions of man hours are lost during a Cricket match?

Excess of every thing is bad, so is with Cricket. Cricket at the cost of other sports, loss of work hours, loss of study. The cummulative loss is immence that can't be measured. I wish some economist could come up with what percentage of negative effect it has on our GDP.

Finally i would say it is a blessing in disguise. I believe Cricket got a boost after 1983 world cup victry and would get a set back or rather i say it should get a set back because of the shameful display of the Team India.

neeraj96871
March 26th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Never give advice - a wise man won't need it, a fool won't heed it.

cooljat
March 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I'm strongly agree wth Navin Bhaisaab, VJ bhai and Sejwal bhai!!
We should concentrate more on the real sports like Hockey, athletics, football and Rugby instead of so called gentlemen's game aka Cricket....for me Cricket sucks big way....its complete waste of time!!!

I think our national sport must be 'KABBADI' cuz its our traditional game and we're the invincible champions in it!!

have ur say plz!!

Rock on
Jit

navingulia
March 26th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Bhai Neeraj, ekdum pate ki baat kahi sai jama. wise wont need it and fool wont heed it. Par kittai kittai kaam kar jya sai advice. Ar Jatland pai teri is advice nai maananiya kam milainge. Mai e nahin maanun. Kar le ke karaiga. :D :) (All in good humour)

Jeetu bhai, mannai jyaan e daali thi yo post.
I dont like cricket. Out of 13players on field at the most 2 run, baaki sirf kode hokai dekhain sain. ar pure din yo e tamasha chaalai sai. test match mai 5 din.
football wootball khelen to thodi sehat bhi sudhar jaayegi is desh ki.

Bermuda ki population 67,773 hai. Is se Jyada log to akele Eden garden stadium me baith sakte hain. Bermuda pe jeet ke raaji ho rahe sain mere bate.

yatinder19
March 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Dear friends

we are such a big country and still we dont have outstanding sportsperson.This is root level problem.I belongs to a village in haryanan and I have not seen any structured tournament for any sport.There are no games at village,Zone and district level.Sometimes there are some games but these are just KHANAPOORTI....They simply have to eatthe funds so some part they will spend and rest will be eaten up.
WHY to go far..In every Govt. School there is PTI..What he is doing..nothing..He will simply come in morning and will help in morning prayer ...nothing else..
This is scene everywhere....
We have Sports school in each state,In haryana we have in RAI,Sonipat.It has produced some good sportsman but only upto national level..They are not anywhere on international arena.
Some are saying Hockey,then they dont know whats the state of hockey in india
Mostly players are from Punjab and they have not delivered anything from years but still they are in the team..why ask Mr. Gill...Our Hockey players are one of the most undiciplined players...They are undiscipilned because some one is there at top level to back them...We have PHL and so many tournament but still we dont have competitive players...You cant carry history with you while going for a match..Every match is a new match..and we need killer instinct in our players..
What I want to say is that,there should be a system,Zonal selection should be from Villages,District team should be from Zones, and state from District.and each performance should be monitored and should be rewarded.

neeraj96871
March 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Well Said Chikkara Saab, But system is the universal problem.
and
"It is dangerous to be right when the system is wrong."