PDA

View Full Version : God - an extreme reflection of ourselves

navingulia
April 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM
God – an extreme reflection of ourselves

Our God is an extreme reflection of ourselves :-
1. We are jealous so we think God would be very jealous.
2. We let hatred rule our minds and we feel God would be hating those who don’t follow his orders. God has never ordered anything to the best of my knowledge. He didn’t come in my dream and order me to blow up some place, he didn’t order me to get baptized, he didn’t order me to make some offerings or follow some rituals.
3. We love praise and so does our boss. So, we feel God would love praise to the extent that we feel praise is the best service to God (Good deeds? Ah give me a break, when I can please God/my boss with a little praise who will bother about good deeds/work)
4. Offerings/gifts/bribe – well, we love it, our boss loves it so definitely loves it. A God who made 5 billion light years of space with and infinite stars and solar systems loves things like a metal called gold or money or fruits/vegetables or even a lamb slaughtered(er, um, sorry, sacrificed) for him.
5. We fear our boss, we are scared of him, we are scared of the local muscleman, we also love it when we are strong and people are scared of us so definitely God would love it when people are scared of him.

A God who created the universe, an infinite number of light years of space and an infinity of time -
1. Needs a piddly 5 feet 6 inch man to join his army and fight for him?
2. Wants people to dress in a particular way, cut or keep hair, shave or not shave…..?
3. Feels jealous/angry when you bow to so called ‘other gods’? He feels jealous of a stone/picture/name?

The aim of each and everything we do, our ultimate goal, our salvation is happiness and peace. A beggar, a crip if he is happy and at peace with himself has achieved what life can offer and the richest and healthiest person in this world is nowhere if he is depressed and distressed.

God rewards you. I think the musclemen and the richest people of the world would be the holiest among us all. If God has to reward us he would reward us with some happiness and peace of mind and not with a higher salary or better health. In fact he has already rewarded us all with an ability to be happy and to be at peace. Its within us and we hunt everywhere outside for it, in rituals and ceremonies and even in wars and bloodshed.

God can be nothing short of perfection. He cannot be illogical, he cannot be irrational. If it is, it isn’t God, its just our own reflection.

A prayer, a bhajan (devotional song), a namaz, a meditation is all so beautiful when done with a happy and free mind BUT the problems arise when disrespect and dislike come for others. We love to disrespect don’t we? We disrespect people of other religion/caste/country/place and we love doing it. A Christian loves disrespecting people of other religions because he is the follower of the true god and so does a Muslim or a Hindu. All say that their religion is the right way to peace and then they fight within themselves to prove it.

We don’t understand our own existence and we run to create a God of our own imagination and then fight to death for him. Once we can understand ourselves we will get to understand God, get to know God. No need of faithing and believing.

First let us get love, understanding, compassion and respect for each other then we will look for God or rather we may not have to look.

yatinder19
April 12th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Well said Navin Bhaai

skarmveer
April 12th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Navin Bhai ,we are unable to define our selves how can we define god. We must respect every religion wheather we follow it or not, if we respect others faith then only others will respect our faith.

Regards

cooljat
April 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
kudos for these lines...it sums up all !! :cool:

First let us get love, understanding, compassion and respect for each other then we will look for God or rather we may not have to look.

nice readin bhaisaab!
ghanne philoshper ho gaye ho...but Paragmatic one!! :)
keep pourin sucha food for thought!

Rock on
Jit

dahiyars
April 12th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Dear Navin

I may or may not believe in existence of God. To me it appears that Man created the God. No matter what we as individual think.
What you have said can be said differently like this also.
Please go through.
R.S.Dahiya

jitendershooda
April 13th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Naveen bhai bahut aacha likhya aapne ..... er Uncle ji aapne to haryanvi mein tod pad diya jama ... apni bhasha mein aacha likhya hai ...