PDA

View Full Version : Anguish of Great poet Rahim Khankhana

rkumar
May 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I have been a frequent visitor to many politicians in my life. Rarely I visit them for any work. To me these visits are more of learning as they help a lot to readjust to the ways of life. I often see large number of people waiting in the courtyards of ministers and petty politicians bending over one another for simple favours. I am not sure how many of these visiters are finally rewared by favours or most of them just end up wasting their time. During one of recent visit the famous lines of great Poet Abdul Rahim Khankhana struck my mind and then my mind kept on working on the reason why Rahim Khankhana must have written these two great lines;

Rahiman wo nar mar chuke, jo kahin mangan jai
unse pehle wo mue, jin mukh niksat nai

As we all know, Rahim Khankhana was a poet warrier in the court of Akbar the great. He was one of his Navratnas. I suppose he must be observing people begging for favours from the Emperor and his ministers every day. I have a very strong feeling that Rahim Khankhana wrote his above famous lines under these circumstances. Rahim Khankhana got totally disillusioned with his life in the court of Akbar and started spending good deal of time in Chtrakoot with Tulsi Das.

Rajendra

ravinderdahiya
May 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Sir, Inn laal harafaa ka matlab bata dyo, ye konya samaj mein aaye

I have been a frequent visitor to many politicians in my life. Rarely I visit them for any work. To me these visits are more of learning as they help a lot to readjust to the ways of life. I often see large number of people waiting in the courtyards of ministers and petty politicians bending over one another for simple favours. I am not sure how many of these visiters are finally rewared by favours or most of them just end up wasting their time. During one of recent visit the famous lines of great Poet Abdul Rahim Khankhana struck my mind and then my mind kept on working on the reason why Rahim Khankhana must have written these two great lines;

Rahiman wo nar mar chuke, jo kahin mangan jai
unse pehle wo mue, jin mukh niksat nai

As we all know, Rahim Khankhana was a poet warrier in the court of Akbar the great. He was one of his Navratnas. I suppose he must be observing people begging for favours from the Emperor and his ministers every day. I have a very strong feeling that Rahim Khankhana wrote his above famous lines under these circumstances. Rahim Khankhana got totally disillusioned with his life in the court of Akbar and started spending good deal of time in Chtrakoot with Tulsi Das.

Rajendra