PDA

View Full Version : Pagers are back!!

satyeshwar
June 4th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Paging all Jatland members! Hullo Hullo! :)
Folks, the paging system is back. Now you can quickly send a pager to your buddies on Jatland, check whether they read it, and get a quick reply back from them! Just go to a member's profile and you will find a link to "Send a pager message to..."
Don't bother them too much though, coz if they put you in their ignore list, you won't be able to send them messages again. :p

One caveat though, this system is still in beta mode which means we have to test out how much load it will put on our server and if it's a bit too much, then we may have to remove it.

Enjoy and give us your feedback!
-Satyeshwar

cooljat
June 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Bhai Satya!!
yo to tune kati ND kaam karya hai!!
Awesome work...kudos to u!!

Thankooo!!

Rock on
Jit

VPannu
June 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Enjoy and give us your feedback!

Hi Satyeshwar,
First of all please accept my humble apologies for criticising your effort. Man, I didnt find any difference in this and a PM. I thought we would still be able to recieve a paging message even when we are offline. But it was not what I thought of. We still have to log on to see that message. Moreover, its more cumbersome to reply to a paging message as compared to a PM. To reply to a paging message we gotta go to that member's profile, click on "send pager .....". This certainly includes a lot of navigation and controlling problems.I can explain them to you whenever we meet up during chat. It could very well be possible that maybe only I didnt like it and others did. But still I congratulate you on your efforts for successfully amalgmating it with Jatland.com. Efforts are never wasted:).

ritu
June 5th, 2007, 04:07 AM
i agree with pannu sir.
Hi Satyeshwar,
First of all please accept my humble apologies for criticising your effort. Man, I didnt find any difference in this and a PM. I thought we would still be able to recieve a paging message even when we are offline. But it was not what I thought of. We still have to log on to see that message. Moreover, its more cumbersome to reply to a paging message as compared to a PM. To reply to a paging message we gotta go to that member's profile, click on "send pager .....". This certainly includes a lot of navigation and controlling problems.I can explain them to you whenever we meet up during chat. It could very well be possible that maybe only I didnt like it and others did. But still I congratulate you on your efforts for successfully amalgmating it with Jatland.com. Efforts are never wasted:).

dndeswal
June 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
It is found that pager messages are now saved like PM inbox, perhaps no need to save these like PMs. One more suggestion. The icon http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/kirsch/statusicon/vbpager_icon.gif (http://www.jatland.com/forums/#) should appear below the name of each member in threads and posts, where two more icons: http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/kirsch/statusicon/user_offline.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/kirsch/buttons/report.gif (http://www.jatland.com/forums/report.php?p=136681) are already appearing.

anilsangwan
June 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks Satyeshwar... I also agree with Vivek that reply option should be on same popu window and memmber should have an option to reply or not replying........

jitendershooda
June 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Satyeshwar... I also agree with Vivek that reply option should be on same popu window and memmber should have an option to reply or not replying........

OOO bhai Neele yo samjhaiye thoda khol ke pager ka istemal ... eeb ek aa rahya tha ... to mene wa window khol di ... usmein to reply karan ka koe scene konya ... delete delete kar sako ho .. ha ha ... pher mene reply karan ne us chorre ka id tohya ... ha ha ... er jib mene te us tahi private message ee kar diya .... bhai geriye prakash mada sa ... ek ke fayda hai iska ...

anilsangwan
June 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Bhai Hoods.....jaise hi aap ne kise ka pager aawe.... padh ke OK kar do... aar fer upper jatland forums aale link pe moossey ka baayan kaan dabao.... main page pe aa jaogey.... jaise hi main page pe aao... saare online users ke naam ke aage 2-2 gubbarey se bann re paawengey... jis tein pager karna sei... uss ke GUBBAREY pe moossey ka kaan daba dyo... aar nayee khiddki jo aawe... us mein bhaand dyo soudda.... ha ha ha

< Isi user manual aar help microsoft word ki bhi na paawe >...ha ha ha

jitendershooda
June 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Bhai Hoods.....jaise hi aap ne kise ka pager aawe.... padh ke OK kar do... aar fer upper jatland forums aale link pe moossey ka baayan kaan dabao.... main page pe aa jaogey.... jaise hi main page pe aao... saare online users ke naam ke aage 2-2 gubbarey se bann re paawengey... jis tein pager karna sei... uss ke GUBBAREY pe moossey ka kaan daba dyo... aar nayee khiddki jo aawe... us mein bhaand dyo soudda.... ha ha ha

< Isi user manual aar help microsoft word ki bhi na paawe >...ha ha ha

O ho bhai theek bataya tene yo te ... mein te maka le aacha rassa banaya pahelyan us member ne toh-vo er pher uska profile dekh ke message karo ... bhai satte ya cheej bhi likhva ho thi ... baki iska fayda ke hai? private message ka pop up intimation bhi aa jya hai ...

Bhai Satyeshwar

1) ek to mene attachment bheji hai is post ke sath ... that is the error occuring frequently ...

2) Also the popup of the pager is shown on all the pages that are open ... ek be band karo ... pher doosra karo ... so its irritating sometimes ...

satyeshwar
June 9th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Fresh hot from the oven, reply buttons for everyone! :)

Bhai Jitender, I haven't had any complaints about the error that you have seen. Perhaps you can send me a PM next time you see it.

vijay
June 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM

It's very handy and quick after adding reply Button :)

shweta123
June 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Pager matlab................. :):)

P :mad:pareshan kar do kisi ko kabhi bi........
A :confused:aage aakar tapak jao..........
G :eek:gaye hone par bi msg chipka ke chod jaana!hmmmmmmm.......
E :Deeeeeee paka dete hai !!.........
R :cool:Ram bachaaye bewaqt ke pager msgs se!!!

wssheokand
June 14th, 2007, 10:35 AM
i have joined jatland recently, so i m understading about this site and i will write more after that.

thanks
regards

jitendershooda
June 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Bhai Jitender, I haven't had any complaints about the error that you have seen. Perhaps you can send me a PM next time you see it.

Bhai Satyeshwar, this time it really nice ... aadmi ne kam te kam reply karan ka to mauka de hai ... its nice and also it is not occuring on every opened page now ... Good Job bhai ...carry on ...

jitendershooda
June 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
i have joined jatland recently, so i m understading about this site and i will write more after that.

thanks
regards

Wazir ji Namaskar ... swagat hai aapka is site pe ... aacha hai kae din lao padhan mein purane post ... pher likhiyo aachi aachi baat ...