PDA

View Full Version : Has the term "Love" lost its meaning ?

shweta123
June 6th, 2007, 11:30 AM
:confused: :eek:

DISCLAIMER : :p Its not a sequel of any other thread !!

Well !! the term "love" is a very subjective term & has at its disposal innumerable interpretations of innumerable types & kinds !! yaaaa......simply speaking, it means that the word has different meaning for different persons ...... for some its a real platonic feeling!! ....... for some others.... its just a "fake" term they use having regards to the fact that they might be able to impress someone whom they want to !! But still ....... i feel the term has a very indepth meaning but it has lost its true value coz its being used just to flatter someone.....or just like that........ without even knowing wat it exactly means or something even near to that !! To sum up it can be said that its being used in a very loose sense!! So, i would like to invite anyone who wanna enlighten us a bit over the subject........ or anyone who wanna share anything !!

shweta123
June 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I inadvertantly wrote this is not a sequel of any thread........ coz i knew a thread named "Love" do existed..... but I, being new to JL & more so to the posting thing I was not aware that the abovesaid thread was the centre of many controversies in the recent past............ I had read just 2 or 3 posts there......... but today.......I came across the thread once again & got shocks!! ............... Freedom of expression of opinions can be so dangerous!! ..... i just learnt that!!..............& also got to knew why ppl look down at jats many a times as arrogant & hot blooded ppl who just believe that only GUNS symbolises GUTS & POWER........... !!!!! Gun & guts r made for jats ........... but wat abt harmony......respect...........sensibility........ healty talks & the likes!!!

The thread had to be closed.................... thanx to all the "JUST GUN MINDED" fellow Jaats........ who can talk for hours on senseless humour...
but find themselves unable to contribute any healthy comment on any issue ...... Now........I think that I have put up this question at a wrong place...............

shweta123
June 6th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I just move forward........... so I will not stop the thread........but the moderators can if they wish............ I can understand the burden they carry......... more so......... here............. between so many guns!!!!

yatinder19
June 6th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Hi
This is free for u
"Patience is the biggest friend....
Frustration kills creativeness....."
You seems to have some problems with the guns or guts.....These are biggest assets and it takes generations to develop them...

yatinder19
June 6th, 2007, 07:33 PM
This is from Sri Krishna
"Kshma Shobhti us bhoojang ko
Jiske pass garal ho!!!"

dndeswal
June 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I just move forward........... so I will not stop the thread........but the moderators can if they wish............ I can understand the burden they carry......... more so......... here............. between so many guns!!!!

The dictionary meanings of the word “Love” are given as under:

i. An intense feeling of deep affection

ii. A deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.

iii. A great interest and pleasure in something

iv. Affectionate greetings

v. A score of zero (in tennis, squash etc.)

Yes Shweta, this word has perhaps lost its meaning at least in Indian context, mainly because of Bollywood’s folly – too much of boiling has spoilt the broth !

The popularity of a thread lies in the hands of members, not moderators. Indian word “Prem” is perhaps more attractive or English words “kiss” or “hug” etc! Title also attracts readership. See the case of thread - Your Say: To kiss or not to kiss (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13892) - amazing responses on a useless topic !

shweta123
June 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hi
This is free for u
"Patience is the biggest friend....
Frustration kills creativeness....."
You seems to have some problems with the guns or guts.....These are biggest assets and it takes generations to develop them...

Well freind! I dont have any problem with anything! If a person has guts......... & he buys a gun.............so he is now gun with guts........... wat a big deal........... ye to koi bi ho sakta hai............ aur kuch isse acha kuch nahi bana ja sakta kya................ ya bas ise age soch nahi ja sakti hai!!

WELL I AM RECEIVING MANY NICE PAGER MESSAGES.............FROM MANY LEARNED PEOPLE........ NO COMMENTS!!

shweta123
June 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
:)
The dictionary meanings of the word “Love” are given as under:

i. An intense feeling of deep affection

ii. A deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.

iii. A great interest and pleasure in something

iv. Affectionate greetings

v. A score of zero (in tennis, squash etc.)

Yes Shweta, this word has perhaps lost its meaning at least in Indian context, mainly because of Bollywood’s folly – too much of boiling has spoilt the broth !

The popularity of a thread lies in the hands of members, not moderators. Indian word “Prem” is perhaps more attractive or English words “kiss” or “hug” etc! Title also attracts readership. See the case of thread - Your Say: To kiss or not to kiss (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13892) - amazing responses on a useless topic !

Thanx Sir :) for atleast one positive response!! ya sir i do agree ....... but Bollywood is not at that much folly as the youth of today is, I suppose !.... distractions & wrong things to learn r scattered in this form or the other...... but the sense to perceive what is right & what is wrong has to be strong & it depends on person to person how he or she takes the good & bad things coming their way!! Ya I agree that the word is being used like anything for everything !!........ but point is who is responsible for this & why it is being used in rotten sense!

nmalik121
June 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Talking about love is difficult because so much has been said about "love". People have a tendency to put their minds in neutral when it is discussed. They have heard everything they want to hear about love.

Love means to cherish, hold dear, and treasure. We do not hurt, harm, or cause pain to those we love; rather, we seek to relieve their suffering. Also, love is liberating because it is the absence of fear. It frees us from suspicion, hostility, envy, and resentment. It rejoices in the achievements of others. It is not about wanting people; it's about wanting people to be happy. It's not about wanting to possess or control others; it's about wanting to set them free.

Love is not about feeling good; it is about doing good. A perfect example of love in action is Mother Teresa. But how did such a tiny woman, barely five feet tall, find the energy to work so tirelessly?

Mother Teresa also exemplified one of the fruits of love, which is RESPECT for others. When asked by a reporter if she tried to convert those she helped, she replied, "Of course I convert. I convert you to be a better Hindu or a better Muslim or a better Protestant. Once you've found God, it's up to you to decide how to worship him."

nmalik121
June 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
:)Although this discussion has an ending, love does not have any, it is eternal.:)

shweta123
June 9th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Thanx Nitin ji for putting a torch on the wall of Love :p So we must never......never.......give up putting such torch lights I suppose may be one day we might be able to see beyond the wall !! :)

Jokes apart.......... Yaaa love has many definitions..... u gave a worthwhile explanation but woudnt u agree that people talk a lot over the topic....... use it a lot......... now & then.......... but dont know what it is all about.......is love always lifelong?.......& if not................then can it be called love!!............... :confused::rolleyes::confused: Confusinggggggg hai!

navingulia
June 9th, 2007, 11:27 AM
True Love means when you care for someone without wanting anything in return.

shweta123
June 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM

ya...ok........ but is it possible........... why & how? ....... i mean there has to be something strong behind the lifelong care....... whats that & how it develops ........ ye sach hai bi ya bas kehne ki baat hai? :confused:

mamtadg
June 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM
hi shweta,
if ask individual opinion then on my front i will say love does not hold any meaning coz people change its term and meaning as per there time and convenience.........eternal and life long to bilkul hi nhi hai
everything in this world comes with and expire date Love specially:)

shweta123
June 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM
hi shweta,
if ask individual opinion then on my front i will say love does not hold any meaning coz people change its term and meaning as per there time and convenience.........eternal and life long to bilkul hi nhi hai
everything in this world comes with and expire date Love specially:)

Yes ok Mamta........ thats why I think its meaning has changed.........lost to an extent & so it becomes too hard to identify that wat a person is posing in this regards is correct or not and if yes then to what extent !! Love do exists........ no doubt........... the thing is it has become ever hard to identify whether it is just a play of words or actions or it is something really meaningfull!! :confused:

mamtadg
June 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM
it might be both play of words and action but for sure its is the most bitter thing wraped in sweetest package

shweta123
June 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
it might be both play of words and action but for sure its is the most bitter thing wraped in sweetest package

Mamta ji, it may be a bitter thing many a times but not always ........ I have come across some lucky ppl & witnessed this being turning out into the most sweetest thing too ...................... depends on some issues like mutual understanding, sensibility & will not to succumb to situational disturbances:) and keep on going together whatever might be the direction of the winds of life !! Keeping this sweet forever doesnt mean that there r no difference of opinions or misunderstandings etc. ......... but it means the existence of an everlasting desire to face each problem......each hardship ........ everything........ TOGETHER............. ya this word "together" has to be there even if there r the hard times.........

rohit62
June 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM
love cannot be discussed it has to be felt . you cant look at the meaning of love in the dictionary an say you know what love is all about. love is the most wonderful experience a human bieng can have (i am only talking of humans here).being in love gives an entirely different meaning to your life.your personality undergoes a total change. you feel like living every moment of your life,you pick up certain mannerism you try to improve every facet of your personalty .love can do wonderful things to you.
love could be devastating when after experiencing love you come out of it. soooo always be in love it wil make you not only you a woderful person but this world a beter place to live in

nmalik121
June 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
It is an endless discussion because everyone views love as different as his/her own experiences in life. So...no point in just discussing it...it needs to be felt, experienced.

sjakhars
June 9th, 2007, 10:59 PM
"Love can not be described in words" was the first thing came in my mind when I saw this thread, But let me try to put my thoughts.
You can not know the exact meaning of "love" until you experience it and as soon as you experince it you find it as hard to explain as impossible. This can be felt only and can not be described in words so just feel it and only feel it.
Love is an everlasting divine feeling of affection that ends nowhere if it does exist. If it ends than its not love, its only infatuation.This feeling of love changes you in a better human, a better thinker and a better world around you to live as said by Rohit. You become more polite, more responsible, your thoughts get wider, you see positive aspects of all the things around you, you always want to give happiness, you do not expect anything, you believe in giving only.

One more thing I want to say is, love does exist, it existed since the humanity/world and will exist forever. This feeling has no boundaries of age, race, time, color, sex and geographical differences.

sjakhars
June 9th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry! overlooked the actaul question.
The meaning of "Love" did not change but the people has changed a lot so the thinking of people. More and more people are driven by brain and not by heart today. Dont be a scientist here :) , I am talking about emotional aspect of human behavior. In my opinion brain and heart always try to take control of humans, specially brain always tends to discard your emotional, spiritual feelings. Its your heart that keeps you make feel always that you exist otherwise brain works as a robot, again dont be a scientist. :)

vijay
June 9th, 2007, 11:40 PM
'LOVE' never loose it's meaning.

Love can't be defined in words or terms because it's a feeling and actual feelings can't be expressed in words. This so called "NextGen' just use this word 'Love' according to their lifestyle and leisure, hence degradation of the real meaning and feeling behind this word.

Reality doesn't bites love but most of the times todays 'love' bites reality. Nextgen just believe what they gained in love instead of achieving a sacred feeling which is beyond any profit/loss calculations.

Love is not physical or practical but spiritual and must be considered accordingly if you know the actual meaning of spirituality.

Real LOVE starts with faith, cherished with hope and achieved with a sacrifice. :)

sunillathwal
June 9th, 2007, 11:55 PM
yes Nitin, i too feel that everybody has different notions abt 'love' depending upon his/her own experiences, some ppl have bitter experiences and some are staunch believer in 'love'. Sometime circumstances compel ppls to put an end to a relation but that doesn't mean he/she was playing with emotions of the other person. 'love' has not lost its meaning... its still very much relevent. love is unconditional, no boundation whatsoever... love never dies and if does then it was not 'love', it was a mere infatuation... physical lust...

nmalik121
June 10th, 2007, 01:17 AM
I am unable to understand one thing that why people expect love to be forever...lifelong...........and ask not what! On one side...you want love....on another side....you are putting conditions also....this is not fair Shweta.....answer my question: You light a candle....First its light is sparkling, spread the light properly in a dark room...now would you expect this candle to light with same fire, same light, which it did in the begining? The answer is soild NO.

Same way...how can we expect to have the same intensity from other person in a relationship....it is simply not possible yaar...reasons may be different like: infiedility...infatuation...physical...financial.. .emotioanl...circumstances...and many more! Love evolves with time and changes into something more solid or dissolves completely...still we should not stop LOVING.

woudnt u agree that people talk a lot over the topic....... use it a lot......... now & then.......... but dont know what it is all about.......is love always lifelong?.......& if not................then can it be called love!!............... :confused::rolleyes::confused: Confusinggggggg hai!

ritu
June 10th, 2007, 01:49 AM
only parents can do this.

aabhisheksirohi
June 10th, 2007, 02:22 AM

DISCLAIMER : :p Its not a sequel of any other thread !!

Well !! the term "love" is a very subjective term & has at its disposal innumerable interpretations of innumerable types & kinds !! yaaaa......simply speaking, it means that the word has different meaning for different persons ...... for some its a real platonic feeling!! ....... for some others.... its just a "fake" term they use having regards to the fact that they might be able to impress someone whom they want to !! But still ....... i feel the term has a very indepth meaning but it has lost its true value coz its being used just to flatter someone.....or just like that........ without even knowing wat it exactly means or something even near to that !! To sum up it can be said that its being used in a very loose sense!! So, i would like to invite anyone who wanna enlighten us a bit over the subject........ or anyone who wanna share anything !!

Just a crotchety reaction to a word that is used so often, and in so many different contexts, that it has become almost meaningless.

What is Love?

1: You hate them but couldnt live without them in your life.
2: Everytime they are around your heart drops to your feet.
3: And every touch between them sends chills up their spine.
4: And everytime you part even for a moment you feel as if you will die.
5: And when you hate to admit it, you know that it is definatly true.

So this gives the understanding that one shouldn't say that you love someone unless your heart burns with a passion of desire as to bequeath them their every whim...

shweta123
June 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Oh oh oh.......... thanx for ur well thought out thoughts:) Well..... i would agree that love is a very very pious feeling & is never selfish!! It believes in giving........ giving in this case I suppose is far more cherished than taking and it fills the heart with more content & happiness.......... but I wld like to add that though Love loves to give.........and must be devoid of any expectation of getting anything in return.........as Nitin ji very well pointed out.......... but if we look at this practically......then I think their has to be something (love i mean to say!) that must be there which has to be got in return........... A one sided feeling of love, however pious & string it may be, tends to lose its serenity under the fire of the ever present worldly desire to be loved by a person.....for whom u have been always their.......... unconditionally !!

True Love may not want anything in return.......... but a somewhere deep inside the heart it has a strong urge to get some love in return.......atleast..............

nmalik121
June 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I Agree with Shweta Whole heartedly!

shweta123
June 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I Agree with Shweta Whole heartedly!

ha ha haaaaa........ Thanx whole heartedly:p kahi to agree kiya!!

nmalik121
June 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM
nahi yaar Shweta..aisi koi bat nahi hai...actually "Love' is a kind of topic where there is nor right or wrong definitions or perceptions. So being agree or disagree really don't matter much. Everyone to his/her own!:)

ha ha haaaaa........ Thanx whole heartedly:p kahi to agree kiya!!

pnauhwar21
June 11th, 2007, 11:43 PM
For some people love is :

L - Lake of Sorrows
O - Ocean of Tears
V - Valley of Death
E - End of Life

So beware :rolleyes:

shweta123
June 12th, 2007, 10:37 AM

L - Lake of Sorrows
O - Ocean of Tears
V - Valley of Death
E - End of Life

Ohh......... thanx for the advice!:p Freinds pls beware!!

deepakchoudhry
June 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
And when he sees me in all and sees all in me,
Then I never leave him and he never leaves me.
And he, who in this oneness of love
Loves me in whatever he sees,
Wherever this man may live,
In truth, he lives in me...

Bhagavad Gita, VI:30,31

shweta123
June 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
And when he sees me in all and sees all in me,
Then I never leave him and he never leaves me.
And he, who in this oneness of love
Loves me in whatever he sees,
Wherever this man may live,
In truth, he lives in me...

Bhagavad Gita, VI:30,31

Thanx for the bhagvad Gita thoughts in English :)

dreamer
June 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I read somewhere, actually in a book (nice one really ... Road less travelled )
and really i liked it .... It Said Love is not a feeling (as most people call it ) ... Because feeling dies as time passes .... But love never does !! Love is Work continuous Work and one has to do lot of labor in this ... To keep it in shape you have to do things for the person .. whom you call your 'so called lover' ...

All Caring is Work ... You will have to pick up the phone to say 'I love you' to show only that ""You really do ""... You will have to call your mother on mother's day to say that .. you care for her ... Its all work n work .....

Agreeeeeeeeeeeee ???????????????? Na ho toh mera ke logay .:p. dekh liyo aapne aap ... As time passes .. you will lose the attraction (so called love now) and who will work for it .. will stay forever lovers ....because

Love's Labor does not get lost !!:cool:

sumitsehrawat
September 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
All it requires is a true soul to love truly.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3058&d=1222415167

only parents can do this.

shweta123
September 26th, 2008, 02:37 PM
BTW, who got the thread opened ....... :rolleyes: . open karaaya to kuch bolna bhi chahiye tha na .....

sumitteotia
September 27th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Has the term "Love" lost its meaning.?
naaa ji naaah...aise thodi na..

So, i would like to invite anyone who wanna enlighten us a bit over the subject........ or anyone who wanna share anything !!

AAANKE KHULI HO YAA HO BAND DEDAR UNKA HOTA HAIN KAISE KAHUU MAIN OOO YAAARA YEH PYAR KAISE AUR KYA HOTA HAIN:p

ritu
September 27th, 2008, 02:20 AM
hehehe........ha sumit bilkul nahi.:)
Has the term "Love" lost its meaning.?
naaa ji naaah...aise thodi na..

AAANKE KHULI HO YAA HO BAND DEDAR UNKA HOTA HAIN KAISE KAHUU MAIN OOO YAAARA YEH PYAR KAISE AUR KYA HOTA HAIN:p

mittu
September 29th, 2008, 01:29 AM
"Love" is not losing anythin, its just evolving :D
its just a feeling, like jealousy, fear n all....and rahi baat defination ki, they are era dependent, it can be sacrifice[70s] care[80s], passion[90s], lust[now]...next definition can be "fun" :p

arvind1069
October 6th, 2008, 02:28 PM
yahan hum kaun se love ki baat kar rahe hai? romantic love or general love?

prem ka arth hai niswarth bhawna se doosre ka bhala chahna. iske alawa love ka koi matlab nahi hai.

about romantic love: ye ek prakaar ka moh (aasakti) hai. ise shastron main "kaam" bhi kaha gaya hai. ye prakriti ne sirf isiliye banaya hai ki srishti aage chal sake. kyunki jab tak purush aur stri main kaam bhawna paida nahi hogi tab tak srishti nahi chal sakti. but its not prem or real love. ye sirf ek prakaar ka aakarshan hai jo hame ek specific vyakti ki taraf hota hai. baad mai ye aakarshan pheeka ho jaata hai

yes love has lost its meaning due to rising materialism and consumerism

Nishantrathi82
October 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM

Hehehehe Types of Love :D

shweta123
October 6th, 2008, 03:49 PM

prem ka arth hai niswarth bhawna se doosre ka bhala chahna. iske alawa love ka koi matlab nahi hai.

about romantic love: ye ek prakaar ka moh (aasakti) hai. ise shastron main "kaam" bhi kaha gaya hai. ye prakriti ne sirf isiliye banaya hai ki srishti aage chal sake. kyunki jab tak purush aur stri main kaam bhawna paida nahi hogi tab tak srishti nahi chal sakti. but its not prem or real love. ye sirf ek prakaar ka aakarshan hai jo hame ek specific vyakti ki taraf hota hai. baad mai ye aakarshan pheeka ho jaata hai

yes love has lost its meaning due to rising materialism and consumerism
Well I dont agree to your contention regarding this so called 'romantic love' existing just for the sake of taking this 'shrishti' forward by giving birth to children! :confused::rolleyes:

Also this love doesnt turns 'pheeka' it just changes its type and nature over the passage of time. On the contrary, this is a bonding of the most special kind which is full of love, respect, understanding, compromises, sacrifices, fun, adventure, adjustments, compassion, sharing and caring, and a lot more ......

arvind1069
October 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Well I dont agree to your contention regarding this so called 'romantic love' existing just for the sake of taking this 'shrishti' forward by giving birth to children! :confused::rolleyes:

Also this love doesnt turns 'pheeka' it just changes its type and nature over the passage of time. On the contrary, this is a bonding of the most special kind which is full of love, respect, understanding, compromises, sacrifices, fun, adventure, adjustments, compassion, sharing and caring, and a lot more ......

u also seem right.... may be it doesnt turn pheeka... it changes its nature. i dont know i m not married..so not sure abt that...but duniya ko dekhkar aisa lagta hai.

but there is surely some difference in romantic love and non romantic love. dont u feel the love bw husband and wife is of different nature as compared to love bw mother- son, brother - sister, or love of a patriot to his country.

shweta123
October 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
u also seem right.... may be it doesnt turn pheeka... it changes its nature. i dont know i m not married..so not sure abt that...but duniya ko dekhkar aisa lagta hai.

but there is surely some difference in romantic love and non romantic love. dont u feel the love bw husband and wife is of different nature as compared to love bw mother- son, brother - sister, or love of a patriot to his country.
Yeah obviously its all together different ! :rolleyes: Its a bonding which involves multiple shades and some of the shades are peculiar to this relationship :) ...

But nowadays love has changed shape....... I think it has become 'convenient love' instead of 'selfless/true love' ..... though exceptions are always there....

rinkusheoran
October 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM

L - Lake of Sorrows
O - Ocean of Tears
V - Valley of Death
E - End of Life

bhai rrr
kasuta ye dikh dega tanne yo love
baki mila ya nahi?:)

arvind1069
October 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah obviously its all together different ! :rolleyes: Its a bonding which involves multiple shades and some of the shades are peculiar to this relationship :) ...

But nowadays love has changed shape....... I think it has become 'convenient love' instead of 'selfless/true love' ..... though exceptions are always there....

rightly said...convenient love