PDA

View Full Version : Have Selectors been fair to Sehwag

raj2rif
June 14th, 2007, 06:42 AM
The Indian team to England has been selected. Sehwag missed out on both forms of game. I personally feel, that he was just returning to form and did deserve a chance ahead of some of the players slelected.

It looks to me that his exclusion has some thing more than Cricketing abilities. Sharad Pawar's shop has more politics and less of game. Mr. Ford gave a befitting reply to them by refusing the job.

I guess, they could give this task to some Army Officer, with full authority to sack any one not behaving or playing to the team's requirement.

MS Dhoni's interview was good, he did give out the exact psychology of a young player trying to make his place secure.

Wasim Jaffar's case is a clear example of making one big score at the time when place in team is at stake.

I hope the selected bunch of players do well there.

sunildhanoa01
June 14th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Sehwag ke saath sahi hua....akhir kitne chance denge hum sehwag ko....after multan...tell me a single inning in which he z full of confident level...???

yes after selection of sharad pawar as a head ....board ki activities , meetings , coach selection sab kuch poltical ho gaya hai...lyk our sansad bhawan....

in my opinion indian coach shoud b an indian ....if and if players don't want indian coach then there z a best option.....john right.

yatinder19
June 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM
There is syaing
"Shaadi ke baad Jat kissi kaam ka nahin rahtaa"
Exactly this happened with Sehwag.
Jokes apart this was right decision to drop Sehwag.Selection should be on performance and this should be the sole criterion.But Tendulkar was dropped and again included in one day squad is still not understandable.

kunjean3605
June 14th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I agree with u Yatinder Chhikara that our national selectors r right in droping Sehwag from national cricket team.He was not playing to his potential.He should rediscover cricket form to get into Indian team.I also agree with u that Sehwag's form has gone down after marriage.Our national selectors should select those players now who can serve our country in 2011 cricket world cup.

nmalik121
June 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Dear Yatinder, Sachin was not dropped, but rested. yehi to farak hai sachin and Sehwag me...anyways...if ganguly can make a come back in spite of having almost whole world against him (caption, coach, players, board etc.) then sehwag has certainly far better chances to make it again to the national side. Sourav is the prime example of not loosing heart even when one is down and completely out. Though, he has never been my favourite cricketer, yet, his strong determination and will-power is worthy enough to emulate in common life of everyone. Sehwag should also do the same and he will be regain the title of "Sultan of the Multan.":)

jitendershooda
June 14th, 2007, 04:06 PM
It looks to me that his exclusion has some thing more than Cricketing abilities.

Tevatia ji ... It looks to me that his inclusion till now in the team has some thing more than cricketing abilities.

Jitne badbolle interview is admi ke sune hein ... utne mein to aadmi ne ke bera ke kar dena chahiye ... wo ek punjabi mein kahavat hai ...

"Aucha jatt .... katora labhya .... panni pee pee afaria ..."

Means auche jatt ne katora paa gya ... er pani pee pee ke afaar gya ...

To yo Sehwag likadya aucha jat ... iske safalta hajam na hui ... he should prove his metal in the domestic and then make a come back .., he was in the team for so long even not performing ... isse pata chalta hai ki isne bhi koe goti sahi fit kar rakhi hai iss Sharad pawar ki dukan mein kahin na kahin ... aur agar aacha karega to phir aa jaega team mein ... kisse nae balak ne aan dyo ... kyun boodhe khagad ne tang karo ho ... apne balak padha lega najafgarh mein ...

MS Dhoni's interview was good, he did give out the exact psychology of a young player trying to make his place secure.

Apne India mein yahe to dikkat hai ki ek balak kime theek karega to usne itna de denge ek uske afara aa jya ... hajam na hoti inke ... er yo chora theek khele tha ... improve na karan dein ... suna hai VC bana diya ... marenge adh maut isne bhi ... he should concentrate on game rather than extra curricular activities :)

jitender_singh
June 14th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Hi,

mere khyal main sehwag ko abde hi planned way main bahar kiya hai..
pehle usey test team se nikala aur fir one day team , vaise uska test main record jyaada better hai...

tendulkar ka toh yeh scene hai chahe woh next 10 match main bhi run na banaye toh team main rahega...

yeh sab lobby ka chakkar hai ... bombay ki lobby bahut strong hai BCCI main...

agarkar ko hi le lo 10 saal se team main hai par ball abhi bhhi fenkne nahe e aaye usne...ussey toh apna nehra badiya...

Cheers
Jitender

raj_rathee
June 16th, 2007, 01:21 AM
"Behind every doomed cricketer is a very pretty woman"! :eek:

Isn't it after marriage that Sehwag went downhill? Can you blame him?
With such a pretty wife the writing was pretty clear :D

Aur Col. Chacha...ha ha ha...jab full authority he deni hai kissi ko,
toh army officer ko hi kyun. Full authority ke baad toh koi
bhi sher paak ja! Civilian challenges are quote different in my honorable
opinion.

raj2rif
June 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM
"Behind every doomed cricketer is a very pretty woman"! :eek:

Isn't it after marriage that Sehwag went downhill? Can you blame him?
With such a pretty wife the writing was pretty clear :D

Aur Col. Chacha...ha ha ha...jab full authority he deni hai kissi ko,
toh army officer ko hi kyun. Full authority ke baad toh koi
bhi sher paak ja! Civilian challenges are quote different in my honorable
opinion.

Dear Mr . Rathi,

1. I think Sehwag is not the only one who got married? So, is Laxman and Dravid. Laxman has made it to the team while there is hardly any place in the middle order for him to bat with Ganguly, Tendulkar and Dravid already there and Yuvraj is in waiting. Laxman played only one good innings in SA.
Sehwag has been a successful opener, and have shown the signs of return to form. He is one player who is capable of changing the course of a game in one session. He is also a useful bowler. I think he certainly deserves a chance ahead of Wasim Jaffar and Karthik for that slot. Gautam Gambhir has been playing well in domestic circle, but in all probability would have to sit out. Jaffar has been making one big score after several low scores and thus while he is a good player, his consistency is questionable.

Regarding Army Vs. Civil, I would not get into debate on this. US olympic team did exceedingly well under Gen McArtur's supervision. Army officers are trained to motivate a bunch of people to give out their best in adverse situations, and hence may be better suited to train and monitor these guyes. Our civilan counterparts career are affected by the whims and fencies of the Politicians. It is because of this reason, I would prefer an army officer as against a civilian officer.

dreamer
June 19th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Bhai bhya kai shir na howo thum ... Bhya hoya paachai mera promotion hoya sai ... bhya hoya paachai mannai ghar ki roti millan laagi sain ... hotlan ki kha -2 kai bean sa ban gya tha ....

As far as Sehwag is concerned ... i think its fair to drop him .... bhai jib tanhi crease pai khra sai humnai dar laagta rah sai .. out hoya .. out hoya ... woh mera matta out hoye ja sai ....

amitchhikara
June 20th, 2007, 08:42 AM
you can make a case that none of the candidates they are planning to replace sehwag have done anything in the past. Both Jaffer and Gambhir have been tried previously and have not come through and i don't understand why they keep trying the same people over and over.
At the same time i must admit looking at Sehwag it does not seem he keeps himself in the best possible physical condition. He did need a kick in the butt to sort of wake him up but seeing who replaced him does not make sense. Then again nothing the indian selectors do ever makes sense.

raj2rif
June 21st, 2007, 04:11 AM
you can make a case that none of the candidates they are planning to replace sehwag have done anything in the past. Both Jaffer and Gambhir have been tried previously and have not come through and i don't understand why they keep trying the same people over and over.
At the same time i must admit looking at Sehwag it does not seem he keeps himself in the best possible physical condition. He did need a kick in the butt to sort of wake him up but seeing who replaced him does not make sense. Then again nothing the indian selectors do ever makes sense.

Dear Amit,
You made a good observation about Sehwag's physical fitness. I had written earlier on some this. Sehwag is a reflex player and hence a little extra weight any where in the body is going to make a difference in the performance. He really needs to keep fit.
His replacement has been Dinesh Karthik. A good youngster and very hard working player, but not as yet in Sehwag's league/ or as talented as Sehwag is. The selectors gave numerous chances to Sehwag, but dropped him when he had shown the signs of regaining the form. He should have been played in test matches in Bangladesh and definitely should have been in squad for England specially for the test team. His test record speaks for it and he has done well.
Another advantage Sehwag brings is his Off Spin Bowling. It just gives and additional option to team management to play an extra batsman or extra pace bowler.
We have four wicket keepers in the team. That really does not make sense to me.
Suresh Raina is another case of ignoring a good talent. After he came back from SA he did well in domestic cricket. If performance is the only criteria, then Robin Uthappa is there based on one odd performance and so it Wasim Jaffar. Robin Uthappa is definitely a very good talent and thus I have no objection to him being there. With Sachin, Saurav and Dravid being in the test team, either Yuvraj or Laxman or may be both will sit out.
Let us hope they do well there.

yatinder19
June 21st, 2007, 10:49 AM
Dear Amit,
You made a good observation about Sehwag's physical fitness. I had written earlier on some this. Sehwag is a reflex player and hence a little extra weight any where in the body is going to make a difference in the performance. He really needs to keep fit.
His replacement has been Dinesh Karthik. A good youngster and very hard working player, but not as yet in Sehwag's league/ or as talented as Sehwag is. The selectors gave numerous chances to Sehwag, but dropped him when he had shown the signs of regaining the form. He should have been played in test matches in Bangladesh and definitely should have been in squad for England specially for the test team. His test record speaks for it and he has done well.
Another advantage Sehwag brings is his Off Spin Bowling. It just gives and additional option to team management to play an extra batsman or extra pace bowler.
We have four wicket keepers in the team. That really does not make sense to me.
Sir
Sehwag has been given so many chances...He was in world cup squad because of Rahul Dravid...And as we have seen from his past record,Form dont have any meaning for him.He score 100 in one match and very low score in next matches...So your saying he was gaining his form is not correct for Sehwag.
Fitness is basic thing for a player.Sehwag can take a peice of mind from Kumble in this regard.
He was dropped for very good and correct reasons for Sehwag and for Indian cricket.
If he has talent and attitude,he will make come back...

mann123
June 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Sir
Sehwag has been given so many chances...He was in world cup squad ..

Bhai his World Cup Average was much better than Sachin and Dravid.

yatinder19
June 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Bhai his World Cup Average was much better than Sachin and Dravid.
Bhaai I mean...U cant say when he is in form or out of form...In one match he will play well but in next match he will not score...He lacks consistency...

jitender_singh
June 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Yatinder bhai,

maan liya sehwag lacks consistency... tell me one indian player who is thoughout consistent in last 1 year...

tendulkar ki umar nikal gayee cricket khelte khelte ussey 1 triple century na banee...

aur world cup main kaunsa indian batsman thaa jo consistent raha ho...

sehwag fir bhi theek khela tah sri lanka ke against...

aur yeh tendulkar toh manee kabhi bhi khelta anhee dekha .. jab jaroorat ho tabhi fail ho jaata hai...

bas aur kuch nahee BCCI main maratha lobby kafee strong hai..

Cheers
Jitender

Bhaai I mean...U cant say when he is in form or out of form...In one match he will play well but in next match he will not score...He lacks consistency...

ranvirsingh
June 22nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
He is at the right place.

jitendershooda
June 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Yatinder bhai,

maan liya sehwag lacks consistency... tell me one indian player who is thoughout consistent in last 1 year...

tendulkar ki umar nikal gayee cricket khelte khelte ussey 1 triple century na banee...

aur world cup main kaunsa indian batsman thaa jo consistent raha ho...

sehwag fir bhi theek khela tah sri lanka ke against...

aur yeh tendulkar toh manee kabhi bhi khelta anhee dekha .. jab jaroorat ho tabhi fail ho jaata hai...

bas aur kuch nahee BCCI main maratha lobby kafee strong hai..

Cheers
Jitender

Jitender bhai ...kadh dyo saryan ne jo perform na karte ... tendulkar apwad kyun ... jo bhi dheela dikhe team mein te bahar kar dyo ...thoda dekh ke thoda time deke .... ke wo team ke byah diya ...

Sehwag nira bakwadi ho liya ... iske jodan mein dard rahe hai dikhe eeb er dimag satvein asman pe ... to behtar hai ki he should go to domestic ... perform and make his place in the team ... and this should be for every other guy who dont perform even after too much chances given ...

jitender_singh
June 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Jitender Bhai baat toh solah aane sach hai par sehwag ke bina cricket dekhene ka maza naa hai...
tendulkar ne dekh lo thushh ho liya pehel match main hi...
I wish sehwag come back soon..

Jitender bhai ...kadh dyo saryan ne jo perform na karte ... tendulkar apwad kyun ... jo bhi dheela dikhe team mein te bahar kar dyo ...thoda dekh ke thoda time deke .... ke wo team ke byah diya ...

Sehwag nira bakwadi ho liya ... iske jodan mein dard rahe hai dikhe eeb er dimag satvein asman pe ... to behtar hai ki he should go to domestic ... perform and make his place in the team ... and this should be for every other guy who dont perform even after too much chances given ...