PDA

View Full Version : Pratibha Patil!!!......Rashtra PATNI...?!?!?!?!?

uditnhe
June 18th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Hey,

I was sitting in the audiance of "We the People" the debate show on NDTV 24x7 yesterday and the hot topic of discussion was Mrs.Pratibha Patil.
Can or should India have a female President???? and besides that where did she suddenly spring up from???

Someone yesterday went as far as saying she is a "gal pal of Sonia Gandhi" and will be very a pliant President. There seemed to be a divided house on the topic, but a great majority was in a uproar about the need for a symbolic if not meritorious representation of women in her.

Should the biggest if not the greatest democarcy have the head of the state only a symbolic figure for the empowerment of a cause???

Can she be as inspirational as her predecessor???

Finally my last question, towards the end one of the chairs Mrs.Renuka Chaudhary said that if it was a man in the place of a woman with the CV and situation then there would be no debate about it. Do you agree????

samranwa
June 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I wonder if in India the post of President needs to carry an Inspirational tag with it? Despite some discretionary powers, the President of the Republic of India is more or less a rubber stamp in the hands of the Government of the day.

What difference would it make if it is a Tom, Dick or Harry? or may be Tomni, Dickni or Harryni?

Yeah but sure, it would send a strong message to the world that rights of women are well protected in this country, which has always been in focus for practices like sati, and female infanticide! What Mrs. Pratibha patil, Mrs. Sumitra Singh, and Mrs. Vasundhra Raje trio spread as a message among people all through the country, will now be apparently distributed through out the world.

Ms. Renuka Coudhary was probably right in stating, that had there been a male with the same CV, there would have been no chance for you to sit among the audience of a TV debate and then publish it!

May be now in the 60th year of Independence, India must show the west a bit more maturity, through this highest constitutional post being held by a woman!

Regards,

Sam.

satyeshwar
June 19th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Bhai, baaki baat saari, par "Raashtra Patni"!!!! :eek: :eek:
That just sounds too funny!! :D :D

sidchhikara
June 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Well, here is my suggestion. Since Pratibha is in the race because she is Sonia Gandhi's personal aaya and also happens to be a woman. The gender card is being dealt here because if the NDA objects to it, they can be labelled as anti-women. I think they should ask Mallika Sherawat to be the president. This will be good for the image of the country worldwide. Mallika would also keep the attention on India with her tantrums and her obvious physical assets. We will have amazing 5 years. We dont need some old servile hag, aunty like Pratibha or whatever the f*&k her name is. I am for Mallika.

dahiyarules
June 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Best "MAN" for the job. So,let the best "MAN" win.

If women were really superior to me, we would have been living in a "women dominated society."

Stop being politically correct. It was men who responded to women's calls to have the freedom to fget out of aprons and put on the pants.

It was men (majority of voters are men) who voted for Sonia Gandhi's party.

It will be men in the Indian parliament who will put the next women president in the Rastrapati Bhawan, if it did happen.

So, all you feminazi (Feminist+Nazi) women out there stop being paranoid that every man out there is trying to get in your pants or trying to get you out of your pants and get you back into aprons.

rakeshujjwal
June 19th, 2007, 12:01 PM
i think who ever be the president of India .... he/she must have a personality which people can trust on and give proper respect .....(prathiba patil doesent seems good in that ) ..... if president of India is going to some other country ... then he/she must be able to fetch enough respect for his/her self from his counterpart in that country .... it must not be like no body is there to receive him/her at airport (which has happen several times in past). if president is some world famous scientist or economist ... then he/she will be respected more than any other ....

i am not agree with samiksha ... that president is just a rubber stamp in hand of govt. .... that depends solely on the person himself .... like in the case of APJ Abdul Calam ... he has played a very important role in several decisions of govt. .... the major one being the Reservation Bill ... which he refused to pass (three times ... and not passed yet) even when the parliament has already passed it. in several other cases he has done it ....
it was only because he is an intellectual person .... i dont believe any politician can ever do that ...... so i believe that president should be from different background .... other than politics .... be it scientist, economist ... or any other ....

uditnhe
June 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I wonder if in India the post of President needs to carry an Inspirational tag with it? Despite some discretionary powers, the President of the Republic of India is more or less a rubber stamp in the hands of the Government of the day.

What difference would it make if it is a Tom, Dick or Harry? or may be Tomni, Dickni or Harryni?

Yeah but sure, it would send a strong message to the world that rights of women are well protected in this country, which has always been in focus for practices like sati, and female infanticide! What Mrs. Pratibha patil, Mrs. Sumitra Singh, and Mrs. Vasundhra Raje trio spread as a message among people all through the country, will now be apparently distributed through out the world.

Ms. Renuka Coudhary was probably right in stating, that had there been a male with the same CV, there would have been no chance for you to sit among the audience of a TV debate and then publish it!

May be now in the 60th year of Independence, India must show the west a bit more maturity, through this highest constitutional post being held by a woman!

Regards,

Sam.

I strongly disagree with the opinion that the President of India is only a rubber stamp, especially after Mr.Kalams term. I think the President of India has been and can be a very strong inspirational figure. It was Mr.Kalam that gave us the "India 2020" vision and many similar inspirations to the the youth of the nation.

Politically he has also been the most active President and his decisions have made a difference and then we also have to remember that he has only executive powers and cannot overwrite the Democratic decisions.

uditnhe
June 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Best "MAN" for the job. So,let the best "MAN" win.

If women were really superior to me, we would have been living in a "women dominated society."

Stop being politically correct. It was men who responded to women's calls to have the freedom to fget out of aprons and put on the pants.

It was men (majority of voters are men) who voted for Sonia Gandhi's party.

It will be men in the Indian parliament who will put the next women president in the Rastrapati Bhawan, if it did happen.

So, all you feminazi (Feminist+Nazi) women out there stop being paranoid that every man out there is trying to get in your pants or trying to get you out of your pants and get you back into aprons.

Cheers to you to be so clear abt your point of view and I might even agree with it to some extent.

Especially like this one "feminazi"..............hahaaaaaaaa and the whole pants analogy.

satpaldalal
June 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Well Said Rakesh, President should be one who is intellectual, has done some good work in life in any sector and who can be independent from party lines. A person gifted with a post cannot do justice with the post. He / She will be always loyal to the giver than to the post.

Pratibha has already not signed some anti conversion bill in Rajasthan just to show that she is secular. Everbody know christain missionaries are doing all welfare kind of activities, which they claim, to increase there number. And Pratibha has refused to sign kind of bill that would have discouraged such activities. Is that right ?

sidchhikara
June 19th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Well Said Rakesh, President should be one who is intellectual, has done some good work in life in any sector and who can be independent from party lines. A person gifted with a post cannot do justice with the post. He / She will be always loyal to the giver than to the post.

Pratibha has already not signed some anti conversion bill in Rajasthan just to show that she is secular. Everbody know christain missionaries are doing all welfare kind of activities, which they claim, to increase there number. And Pratibha has refused to sign kind of bill that would have discouraged such activities. Is that right ?

Sir,
She is not secular, she just panders to the special interests - in this case Christians.
Here is the definition of secular according to the dictionary.....

1 a : of or relating to the worldly or temporal <secular concerns> b : not overtly or specifically religious <secular music> c : not ecclesiastical or clerical <secular courts> <secular landowners>
2 : not bound by monastic vows or rules; specifically : of, relating to, or forming clergy not belonging to a religious order or congregation <a secular priest>

Indian politicians have turned the definition of secularism on its head to blow smoke in people's eyes. They use the word to appease ALL religions equally. Secular means NOT to appease to any group of people based on their religion.
she is infact being non-secular in the process of appeasing Christians because apparently you donot like it - am I right?

parveendahiya
June 20th, 2007, 02:47 AM
in my opinion it is no where a question of gender as discussed earlier at length. it is purely a data game and at present upa has the data and undoubtly sonia gandhi is the ring master of this circus. for congress nehru-gandhi family is god on earth. and sonia gandhi is at present avatar, so no question of mummering. it is also true that every one wnts to play the safe game, then why not sonia gandhi. we all know why congress has rejected their own earlier candidate. even the main portfolios to govern the biggest democratic country of the world (including prime minister) were given to those " yes man " who were not even the choise before the voters. they even didnt contested elections when they were offered these crowns. more surprising, yesterday i was reading the news that the cm haryana was telling the news reportors that only sonia gandhi will tell abt the names of person(s) who will be added to the ministry of haryana to increase the strength. i was so much ashamed that the son whose father was the only jat member in the constituent essenbly (when the constitution was written and addopted) and at present the only alive member of that essembly, he himself many times mp of rohtak and at present mla and more over cm of the state, and whose son won mp elections with records margin ,needs that MAHA MAHIM SONIA GANDHI will direct me how to run the govt. so my brothers it is democracy. here nothing prevails except democracy. "DEMOCRACY OF MAHA MAHIM"

amitchhikara
June 20th, 2007, 08:38 AM
what difference does it make? It is only a ceremonial post.

uditnhe
June 20th, 2007, 04:18 PM
in my opinion it is no where a question of gender as discussed earlier at length. it is purely a data game and at present upa has the data and undoubtly sonia gandhi is the ring master of this circus. for congress nehru-gandhi family is god on earth. and sonia gandhi is at present avatar, so no question of mummering. it is also true that every one wnts to play the safe game, then why not sonia gandhi. we all know why congress has rejected their own earlier candidate. even the main portfolios to govern the biggest democratic country of the world (including prime minister) were given to those " yes man " who were not even the choise before the voters. they even didnt contested elections when they were offered these crowns. more surprising, yesterday i was reading the news that the cm haryana was telling the news reportors that only sonia gandhi will tell abt the names of person(s) who will be added to the ministry of haryana to increase the strength. i was so much ashamed that the son whose father was the only jat member in the constituent essenbly (when the constitution was written and addopted) and at present the only alive member of that essembly, he himself many times mp of rohtak and at present mla and more over cm of the state, and whose son won mp elections with records margin ,needs that MAHA MAHIM SONIA GANDHI will direct me how to run the govt. so my brothers it is democracy. here nothing prevails except democracy. "DEMOCRACY OF MAHA MAHIM"

Very well written as far as the Maha Mahim is concerned, it is a sad state of affairs i agree.

rakeshujjwal
June 21st, 2007, 10:12 AM
look at the public opinion ..... in the Times Of India ..... about 60% in favor of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam :), about 34% in favor of Bharo Singh Sekhawat ... and only 6% in favor of Pratibha Patil ........ but the real chances seem to be quite opposite ......:mad: