PDA

View Full Version : jats in movies!

sheetalahlawat
June 29th, 2007, 10:57 PM
My father used to watch every dharmendra movie first day first show.The motivation?......chora jat ka hero hai.so how many of you people go to a movie just because it is having a jat hero. i know i can't stand mohit ahlawat.(no grudges to my in laws:D)

amitchhikara
June 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
At least Dharmendra was good at acting. None of the current group of heroes are good enough to carry on a movie by themselves. The positive thing is that atleast we are seeing more of them in movies.

shweta123
June 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Well........ Mallika seems to be doing well :p:)

prashantkdelhi
June 30th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Randeep Hooda........got gud personality, acting skills...n overall he is a jaat
all he needs is a gud script.. I think jaats in film inustry are meant for a particular kinda role like angry young man (Dharam paaji , sunny ) n bhai type (oops i forgot about Mallika .......sorry to Mallika fans.

sheetalahlawat
June 30th, 2007, 04:12 PM
randeep hooda has got personality and famous ex girlfriend but i should disagree with u prashant, about his acting skills.he emotes only one expression....perennial constipation:D.dharmendra is my all time fav.

rohit62
June 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM
if randep hooda has got personality,then probably ill be leaving fr mumbai very shortly to try my luck. we are forgeting mahima chaudhary she too is a jat i think

dndeswal
June 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Just to mention that Jatland Wiki has got a special page attributed to Jat actors. Click the following link for reading their profiles etc. : The Actors (http://www.jatland.com/home/The_Actors).

sheetalahlawat
June 30th, 2007, 10:00 PM
thank u sir.i was thinking of making such a list myself.u saved me the effort.:)

RaviDhaka
July 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
I am big fan of Sunny......but very sad this guy gives only one movie in two years....

prashantkdelhi
July 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Ravinder ji I will recommend u to watch "Apne" latest release n believe me u will like this . Lot of jats have been casted in this one n more imp there is again Sunny paaji's "dhai kilo ka haath" jab kisi par padta hai to wo...........??????? u know better than me

shailendra
July 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Sheetal, have you seen 'Khosla ka Ghosla' yet? (If not; I highly recommend that movie!)...
And well, to also answer your query on the thread; there is this guy Pravin Dabas in there who has done an equally wonderful job and holds his own (among other excellent actors in there) as the younger son of Mr. Khosla (Anupam Kher).....

Plus, you might even get the Bollywood view of how Jats are popularly perceived as, in there too......make your own opinions if you like that portrayal or not!

sheetalahlawat
July 2nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Sheetal, have you seen 'Khosla ka Ghosla' yet? (If not; I highly recommend that movie!)...
And well, to also answer your query on the thread; there is this guy Pravin Dabas in there who has done an equally wonderful job and holds his own (among other excellent actors in there) as the younger son of Mr. Khosla (Anupam Kher).....

Plus, you might even get the Bollywood view of how Jats are popularly perceived as, in there too......make your own opinions if you like that portrayal or not!
Yes i have seen the movie and liked it.Praveen Dabbas started with T.V. He did an episode with ashutosh pande (secretary in KKG) for Star Plus' saturday specials.I think he was in monsoon wedding too.
He is ok but I like sushant singh, he is a very good actor indeed.i didnt know that he was a jat.i saw his name in the list provided on jatlandwiki.now i like him even more.

sumeetmalik
July 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
I had mentioned about a bunch of Jat friends who are doing well for themselves in Bollywood Diaries (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19621).
Here's a quick update.
Vinod can be seen as a rally driver and an expectant father in a Relaince Netconnect ad.
Amal is sizzling the small screen in Kailash Kher's video 'Sainyaa' playing throughout the day on all music channels.
Dhruv is still shooting for UTV's new channel's flagship show. And guess what he will be playing a haryanvi! Based on Sukhi's character in 'Rang de..'

RaviDhaka
July 3rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Ravinder ji I will recommend u to watch "Apne" latest release n believe me u will like this . Lot of jats have been casted in this one n more imp there is again Sunny paaji's "dhai kilo ka haath" jab kisi par padta hai to wo...........??????? u know better than me

I was eagerly waiting for sunny movie....thanks prashant for telling about "Apne".