PDA

View Full Version : Finding posts from search engines

satyeshwar
July 1st, 2007, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone,
We are experimenting with a new feature where no one will be able to find the content of Jatland threads through search engines like Google or Yahoo. One of the main reasons is due to privacy concerns of some members, who don't want their posts to be found by potential employers. The flip side is that many people who may find our site after searching for Jat related queries on Google will not be able to find it anymore.
So bottom line is more privacy but potentially fewer new members.
As always, feedback is welcome!
Satyeshwar

dahiyarules
July 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
One must be proud of their opinions. If one feels insecure about their opinions being judged by someone, then he or she must reinvestigate what they feel about issues.

I have been denied opportunities due to my opinions, while I have denied other opportunities because they conflicted with my opinions. I even got some opportunities because I have certain opinions.

At the end of the day, I feel satisfied that I am on the side of truth an morality.

I do not mind others finding out about what I think. Do not forget that it was the other person's opinions that propelled him or her to the position from where they can judge our opinions.

satyeshwar
July 3rd, 2007, 03:47 AM
One more thing! Even when we hide stuff from Google/Yahoo, if people were to still find Jatland somehow, they can still read your comments without having to register. However, the chances of future employers knowing about Jatland and then coming here are remote.

ranvirsingh
July 3rd, 2007, 09:11 AM
If you are hiding something, from future employers or who ever it might be, you probably are not honest. If you cannot stand behind what you say then your opinion is just for the sake of argument and to counter others, but definitely not a part of healthy discussion with constructive approach. I donot find any harm if posts can be searched by google or yahoo, thats how I feel. There are many person on Jatland who write against govt policies, how are you guys going to hide that when you have active politicians and MP as members of Jatland.

On one hand you guys feel proud of being JAT. Hiding Jatland from search engines will be like feeling ashamed of your culture and society. Feel proud in what you say and do, improve yourself but donot hide.

jitendershooda
July 3rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
If a person feels to be so insecure by any reason then he can participate here with nick names instead of original ones and also dont reveal your personal details ... making the site opaque will not be a good idea ...

I agree here with Ranvir ... Sumit and Satyeshwar ...

lrburdak
July 4th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I also feel that we should not hide the things. If a member expresses opinion that may damage him then he should restrict himself as per the norms of the society. Alternately moderators can keep a watch. If things are for good cause we should not feel shy. If posts are useful we may note hide them.

Regards,