PDA

View Full Version : Army Intelligence Core

ajayshokeen
July 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I just want a general information regarding officers serving in the Intelligence Core of Army. I mean their Key responsibility areas, life style, postings and how good it is from a career point of view. My father is in the final stages of finalizing a groom for my sister.....Am from a non-army background, therefore don't have much idea about it......

Since I have the privilege of sharing the same with my fellow jatlanders, am expecting a detailed information on the subject......

Regards
Ajay Shokeen

sirohiraghu
July 9th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Dear Ajay,
Im a Colonnel in the organisation that you are interested to know about. My Name is Colonnel Raghuvinder Singh Sirohi, SM.
First of all let me tell you the the organisation is called the Corps of Military Intelligence, in short M I and not Army intelligence, in short A I. A I in military parliance means Airforce Intelligence.

As far as life in my organisation is concerned it is quite cool. Carrier wise an officer can reach upto the rank of Major General at the moment. Very Shortly we will have the rank of Leiutinant General who will be our Director General. At present our DG is from the balance of the Army.

Life of a wife of an Int Corps (that is the slang for organisation) Officer is many times more comfortable than any other Army officer's wife of the same rank.

As far as risk factor is concerned if the officer has compleated 06 years of service than it is negligiable. Before that little risk is there but we in the fauj are pretty well trained for facing the same.

I can not tell you much about our job as it is classified but a hint for sure that we do every thing which R&AW and I B does.

I hope I am not late in providing this information to you. In case you want more details you can talk to my wife giving my reference and this communication of ours. Her mobile No is 09871116780. (Delhi). In case you want me to find out any thing about your to be brother in law do send me an e mail with his name and address and i will get you his personel details. Must tell me his unit. My e mail address is sirohiraghu@yahoo.co.in.

My telephone no is 03783 223742 and mobile is 09436412250

jitendershooda
July 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Colonel ji ... gajab ka reply diya ... dikhe shokeen bhai ki sari problem solve ho jyangi ... good to see such a nice response ....

rajdahiya111
July 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
dear ajay
short comings of mi are- very very slow promotion,one odd becomes maj gen. no adm bck up, like other arms.field potings in sensitve areas,though risk is not very high fr mi offr but risk is there.

ajayshokeen
July 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Colonel.

The information provided by you is of immense help...I will definitely call you in case i need your further help......I wouldn't have got such detailed information from anywhere else. Thank you very much.

Regards
Ajay Shokeen

bls31
July 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks Colonel.

The information provided by you is of immense help...I will definitely call you in case i need your further help......I wouldn't have got such detailed information from anywhere else. Thank you very much.

Regards
Ajay Shokeen

All corps in the Army, MI ,ASC , Signals etc have their own culture, but one thing is common, to all ; some thing extra is required in one to love Army and enjoy the army life it is not everyones cake ,The Army wifes also need to have some thing else in them to enjoy the perks ,privileges and the privations , that are all built in.

I still miss my uniform after donning it for thirty years,My late wife when I asked her about my changing over to Education Corps, we were married two years and I was posted 2000 Miles away from her, she wrote back "I have married a soldier Not at teacher"

Though nothing wrong in being a teacher even now i inter act with students of Management ant IT. Best Of Luck Brig lakshman Singh VSM BLS