PDA

View Full Version : half-naked fakir

ssindhu
July 11th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Winston was so known for his slapstick remarks. He used to address Mahatma Gandhi as "half-naked fakir". I loveeeeeeee his candidness and selection of words.

yashbeniwal
July 11th, 2007, 04:21 PM
gd info seema,,
keep posting,,

Winston was so known for his slapstick remarks. He used to address Mahatma Gandhi as "half-naked fair". I loveeeeeeee his candidness and selection of words.

puniamanoj0810
July 11th, 2007, 04:21 PM
seema, i think you dont know that once winston visited delhi. he visited purani delhi station to new delhi station in train in the morning time. while he was speaking to press, he said delhi is a big latrine.

dndeswal
July 11th, 2007, 04:45 PM
In 1998, Time magazine had published a nice article on Churchill. If anyone is interested in reading, it is available on the following link (Time magazine’s website) :

http://www.time.com/time/time100/leaders/profile/churchill.html (http://www.time.com/time/time100/leaders/profile/churchill.html)

Though a hero of WW II, Churchill was rejected by British masses in the election after the War, on the plea that it is not necessary that an expert in war matters should be equally expert in rebuilding the war-torn nation.

rajendersingh
July 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
ya seema,
churchill was very witty...... a few more from him.

when winston was asked on his 75th birtday if he was afraid of death
he replied''i am ready to meet my maker. whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

winston churchill who on being told by a young lady sitting next to him that he was drunk and neglecting her, said; ma'am i am drunk and you are ugly. but, in the morning i will be sober.

once a young lady pointed out to churchill that his fly was open. churchill replied without any embarrassment;
don't worry young lady. dead bird does not come out of its nest

ravinderdahiya
July 11th, 2007, 05:10 PM
:D, The second one is really good. I have one more :

George Bernard Shaw once sent Churchill two tickets for the opening night of a new play with a note which read: 'For you and a friend — if you have one.' Churchill replied: 'I can’t make the first night but I’ll be there for the second — if there is one

ya seema,
churchill was very witty...... a few more from him.

when winston was asked on his 75th birtday if he was afraid of death
he replied''i am ready to meet my maker. whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

winston churchill who on being told by a young lady sitting next to him that he was drunk and neglecting her, said; ma'am i am drunk and you are ugly. but, in the morning i will be sober.

once a young lady pointed out to churchill that his fly was open. churchill replied without any embarrassment;
don't worry young lady. dead bird does not come out of its nest

ssindhu
July 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
thnx rajinder sir. u r welcome 2 share more such things

ssindhu
July 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
thnx a lot. plz share more

ssindhu
July 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
yup ravinder tht was really awesome. i read his bio long time back. and GB Shaw was also no less. u read hsi man and superman? fabulous book. and i love his political critics

rajendersingh
July 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Winston although a tory, argued against tory policy, the colonel called him a "traitor".Churchill answered:

I have noticed that when political controversy becomes excited, persons of choleric dispositions and limited intelligence are apt to become rude.

Churchil said of the Baldwin-Chamberlain governments:

They are decided only to be undecided, resolved to be irresolute, adamant for drift, solid for fluidity, all powerful for impotence.

As the man whose mother-in-law had died in Brazil replied, when asked how the remains should be disposed of:
Embalm, cremate, and bury. Take no risk.

ssindhu
July 11th, 2007, 05:52 PM
winston was very fond of 9 inches, all imported cigars. he had a 24x7 secy alwz in his bedroom and he hated so much tht type-writer's tapping noise tht a low-key modest typewriter was specially made 4 his secy. hw was so fond of women and wine, that people used to call him a man of "fine tastes".

dahiyarules
July 11th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Sixty years on, the half-naked fakir is more loved and respected than the fully clothed idiot (Churchill).

60 years from now, the half naked fakir will be even more loved and respected as a world torn apart by conflict will look for answers in the half naked fakirs message of love and peace. But, the world will realize what an idiot Churchill was for sowing the seeds of a 150 year conflict by creating helping create Israel and splitting India to carve out a terrorist camp the size of an entire country which for the moment the world knows as Pakistan.

puniamanoj0810
July 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Seema there is one interesting humor of chrchill. one woman said to churchil that if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. Winston Churchill immediately replid that Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. :D:D:D:D:D

sidchhikara
July 12th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I am surprised - Churchill seems to be a big hit in the Jat community.........where have I been!!!

poonam
July 12th, 2007, 10:53 PM
one woman said to churchil that if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. Winston Churchill immediately replid that Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. :D:D:D:D:D

Hehehehhhee......good one there....:D:D:D

devdahiya
July 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Once someone asked Bappu ji," What do you eat to servive...you are so thin." Bapu said," I eat the PAINS of my countryman.

Once Abraham Lincon was going to white house.Enroute he saw a pig struggeling in the mud.He immidiately got out and jumped into the deep thudd and pulled out the poor creature.His secretary asked," Mr president afterall this all just for a pig." Lincon said,"If i wouldn't hve done that....I could have been a bigger pig....and moved on."

ssindhu
July 13th, 2007, 10:06 AM
gud one kaka

ssindhu
July 13th, 2007, 10:08 AM
After his escape from capture in the Boer War, the twenty-six-year-old Churchill won a seat in Parliament. To make himself look older, he grew a mustache. A woman acquaintance who was not enthusiastic about his independent political views encountered him at a dinner party.
"Winston," she scolded, I approve of neither your politics nor your mustache."
"Madam," replied Winston, "you are not likely to come in contact with either."

ssindhu
July 13th, 2007, 10:31 AM
During a speaking tour in Canada, Churchill attended a reception and found himself seated next to a stiff-necked Methodist bishop.
A pert young waitress appeared with a tray of sherry glasses. She offered one to Churchill, which he took, and then one to the Methodist bishop. The bishop was aghast at the alcoholic offer, saying, "Young lady, I’d rather commit adultery than take an intoxicating beverage."
Thereupon, Churchill beckoned the girl. "Come back, lassie; I didn’t know we had a choice."

ravinderdahiya
July 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
hahahhaah, this one is wonderful
Had churchil been a Jat, We could have put this one in the humor section.
hass-2 ke lot pott:D:D:D:D:D

During a speaking tour in Canada, Churchill attended a reception and found himself seated next to a stiff-necked Methodist bishop.
A pert young waitress appeared with a tray of sherry glasses. She offered one to Churchill, which he took, and then one to the Methodist bishop. The bishop was aghast at the alcoholic offer, saying, "Young lady, I’d rather commit adultery than take an intoxicating beverage."

Thereupon, Churchill beckoned the girl. "Come back, lassie; I didn’t know we had a choice."

ssindhu
July 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM
je jat hota ravinder te, main te uske chore gal byah karue. lol

VPannu
July 13th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Had churchil been a Jat, We could have put this one in the humor section.
Bhai yaa to apne haath ki baat sei, jyukar log Lindsay Lohan, Matt D(h)illon, Tony Blair(Balhara) ne JAT bataave sein nyu e Winston Churchill ka Winston Chhillar bana de arr kar de post humor mein:D

dreamer
July 13th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Bhai yaa to apne haath ki baat sei, jyukar log Lindsay Lohan, Matt D(h)illon, Tony Blair(Balhara) ne JAT bataave sein nyu e Winston Churchill ka Winston Chhillar bana de arr kar de post humor mein:D

Chillaran ka naas na nariye bhai pannu :confused:

dndeswal
August 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
(Times of India - August 19, 2007)

Blood, tears & sweat to offer

Noted orator, politician and writer, Winston Churchill was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. This was his first speech to the British Parliament where he prepares the nation for a protracted war against Nazi aggression.

I say to the House as I said to ministers who have joined this government, I have noth ing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat We have before us an ordeal of the most griev ous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering.

You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lam entable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Vic tory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival. Let that be re alised. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal. I take up my task in buoy ancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. I feel en titled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all and to say, “Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength.