PDA

View Full Version : When Two Strangers Met! - III

nmalik121
July 14th, 2007, 02:08 AM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8396/rainas8.jpg

Both settled in their own quilts.

Sanjeev was very happy. He always waited for this magical moment, when he could be with an angelic beauty for whole night all alone. He was ready to give his all for this night. He’d imagined this moment a thousand times back in his open-eyes dreams. He could feel the bond as if they had always been together.

Somehow, she had caught him with a wide grin on his face.

"What are you grinning at?” she asked, looking at him through narrowed eyes.

“…Oh…no…nothing,” he thought to answer, but cut himself off.

He studied her as if she was a work of art. No words to explain her beauty.

There was complete pindrop silence for a moment.

“Do you have any girlfriend?” she asked him suddenly but his mind seemed to be pre-occupied in his own thoughts.

"Sanjeev," she hushed a bit loudly second time. This brought him back to the reality.

"Huh?" he reacted, as he regained his composure.

She just smiled at him and said, "You must be thinking of something."

“No…Nothing, what you ask?” Sanjeev said looking into her eyes again. He just loved to do that.

“Do you have any girlfriend?” she repeated her question.

“No…no girlfriend,” he answered with a smile. He hadn’t smile so much in single day ever before.

“Your…boyfriend?” this time Sanjeev put the ball in her court, albeit with some nervousness. In a way, he was enjoying every bit of tension too.

“What you think?” she teased him.

“How I know?” Sanjeev blushed visibly.

She did not answer at once. Her dark hair spilled out on the sides of her face. She paused for a moment and sighed. Fiddling with her little finger ring, she looked at the ceiling and tugged the hair into a tiny ponytail. And then the response came.

“Well…I don’t believe in this ‘boyfriend-girlfriend’ thing, so I don’t require one,” she explained her reason with the answer.

“Hmmm…common excuse,” he shrugged his shoulders with a leg-pulling smirk on face.

She laughed loudly throwing her head back to the pillows. She pulled the quilt closer to her body. In between, light drizzling began. Within few moments, raindrops got heavier. Both could hear the music of raindrops falling outside.

“I just love rain, feeling like dancing right here, right now,” she giggled with a note of happiness he could hear in her voice, “I can sense the music of rain, drops falling on leaves, beautiful clouds in sky,” she continued spreading her arms with closed eyes.

“Do you like rain?” she asked again, probably reminding herself that there is another person was sitting in the room.

“Yes...Me too,” he replied.

“Let’s play a game,” the next moment she came down from the bed and sat on his mat. For Sanjeev, it was totally unexpected move from her.

“You’re joking, right?” he blinked his long lashes.

“Of course not,” she was enjoying his stunned face expressions.

“Not this time,” he ineffectively negated the idea.

“Playing a game in the mid of night in a cold January night, isn’t it cool?” she resisted.

“What game?” he asked.

“Let’s focus into each-other’s eyes and see who blinks first?” she said enthusiastically.

“Okay,” he readily agreed. How could he loose the chance of looking in those beautiful emerald eyes! They were full of innocence and depth. His heart missed a beat when she came closer.

Both sat face-to-face first time. Sanjeev didn’t know exactly what expression he should have on his face: joy, surprise, innocence, love….????????

Eyes met…with butterflies in stomach…. he just tried to hide his feeling.

Her eyes were so deep, like a blue ocean. Dreams were coming true one by one. Sanjeev couldn’t have asked for more. There is only a limit to which one can resist the ultimate pleasure.

She was smiling sweetly and amazingly focused at the same time. Her smile had the power to make him fall in love, not only with her, but with life too. He wanted this to go on forever. If possible, he’d love to gather all the moments in his hands forever.

Moments then passed away in silent contemplations. Sanjeev couldn’t sustain the focus and blinked his eyes.

“I won…I won…I won,” she stood up and began celebrating her win making funny faces towards him. It was her turn to blink now. The deep sound was weaving its spell around him.

Sanjeev felt the real happiness first time, the strong effect of pure bliss in simple and small things.

“Switch off the light, its too late,” she said with sudden seriousness on her face and moved back to her bed. He follwoed her words.

Lights were switched off and darkness was singing its own sound of silence.

Sanjeev buried his head in the pillow and tried to make some meaning out of this song of silence.

TBC...(To Be Continued)