PDA

View Full Version : **~ Face of Women Power ~**

shweta123
July 18th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Women Empowerment, Women Emancipation, Women Liberation & the likes………… these are just a few terms coined many a times, by many a persons for many a reasons, and most of the times the reason is selfish rather than being an honest move, powered by a genuine concern towards the ever degrading status of women at large !

Many a moves are being made, many a governments have came & gone boasting of their works for the upliftment of the status of women, many a NGO’s have popped up, many a policies have been enforced, and they have helped to an extent too, but the fact is real upliftment of women cant be made until & unless the mindset of the people changes! The scenario in this regards is changing though, but on the other hand bigger evils against women are creeping in! They are doing wonders on the work front too, but when a women returns home from the whole day of intense mind application, then also she is expected to come home with a smile, cook food, give a fair room to the in-laws, take an account of what the kids did in the day, greet the husband with a sweet smile, etc etc……….. and above all no complains! This is just a face of women power amongst many…………..

A recent incident I wanted to quote………… last week I was traveling in a bus, it was packed to the full due to the Blue line bus problem & less number of autos. I could just manage to get on the stairs, then I had to stand near the gate of the bus as there was no way to pass on towards back. A few more girls were standing there but the people who had to get out were posing a great problem for us. I managed to get backside but still a few girls were standing near the door and the remark that came from the driver………. "Kuch logo ko jaan bujhkar darwaaje pe khade hone ka shauk hota hai……………." & one of the girls just shouted ….."yaha tumko jagah dikh rahi hai kahi andar jaane ki……….shauk hai hame yaha khade hone ka ! aree naukri karni hai to khade bi hona padega….” & the driver replied “ kya jarurat hai naukri karne ki ghar nahi baitha jaata aaram se……….. hamari bi ma behne hai izzat se ghar baithti hai !!” Ab koi kaise samjhaaye unko ki shayad isliye hi aaj wo sirf driver hai ! Kabhi kabhi bahut jaruri ho jaata hai ki striyan bhi ghar ki sukoon bhari zindagi tyaagkar bahar aaye aur apne avam apne parivar ko ek sammanpuurn jeevan dene ke liye prayas kare ! Aisa na kare to samjhauta kar le zindagi se aur samjhauta na kare to kya ye sune! Ye to bas ek choti si baat thi jo bas ye darshaati hai ki logo ki manosththi abhi bi sankuchit hai.........

The face of women power is very pale indeed..................

anilsinghd
July 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Women Empowerment, Women Emancipation, Women Liberation & the likes………… these are just a few terms coined many a times, by many a persons for many a reasons, and most of the times the reason is selfish rather than being an honest move, powered by a genuine concern towards the ever degrading status of women at large !

True to the core , if at all such terms are put into practice , they are mostly not for altruistic motives ! :)

Many a moves are being made, many a governments have came & gone boasting of their works for the upliftment of the status of women, many a NGO’s have popped up, many a policies have been enforced, and they have helped to an extent too, but the fact is real upliftment of women cant be made until & unless the mindset of the people changes!

To add on the mindset of the females itself needs an upgradation , Start believing in yourself and your abilities !:)

The scenario in this regards is changing though, but on the other hand bigger evils against women are creeping in! They are doing wonders on the work front too, but when a women returns home from the whole day of intense mind application, then also she is expected to come home with a smile, cook food, give a fair room to the in-laws, take an account of what the kids did in the day, greet the husband with a sweet smile, etc etc……….. and above all no complains!

Tired ??? Hmmm.... Women epitomise grace , love , care ,affection , caress and all wondeful human feelings and emotions ! :) Not to underestimate the Men's role !
So what do u suggest ? How should things be carried ?
I guess everyone has to work together in a cohesive manner !

This is just a face of women power amongst many…………..
A recent incident I wanted to quote………… last week I was traveling in a bus, it was packed to the full due to the Blue line bus problem & less number of autos. I could just manage to get on the stairs, then I had to stand near the gate of the bus as there was no way to pass on towards back. A few more girls were standing there but the people who had to get out were posing a great problem for us. I managed to get backside but still a few girls were standing near the door and the remark that came from the driver………. "Kuch logo ko jaan bujhkar darwaaje pe khade hone ka shauk hota hai……………." & one of the girls just shouted ….."yaha tumko jagah dikh rahi hai kahi andar jaane ki……….shauk hai hame yaha khade hone ka ! aree naukri karni hai to khade bi hona padega….” & the driver replied “ kya jarurat hai naukri karne ki ghar nahi baitha jaata aaram se……….. hamari bi ma behne hai izzat se ghar baithti hai !!” Ab koi kaise samjhaaye unko ki shayad isliye hi aaj wo sirf driver hai !

No one, can make you feel inferior without your consent. Never give it.
I guess the confidence within yourself should allow you just to dispose off the incident and yes we cannot mould all at an instant of time , times are changing and the change is for everyone to see. It will take time but yes the educated ones see the status and role of ladies in a much positive way these days.
Waise Shweta Ji by saying that " isliye woh aaj driver hai " are not you giving the similar treatment he offered you ?:)
A smile should settle such minor incidents i believe ! and even make the other person realieze within his heart that yes he was at fault .

Kabhi kabhi bahut jaruri ho jaata hai ki striyan bhi ghar ki sukoon bhari zindagi tyaagkar bahar aaye aur apne avam apne parivar ko ek sammanpuurn jeevan dene ke liye prayas kare ! Aisa na kare to samjhauta kar le zindagi se aur samjhauta na kare to kya ye sune! Ye to bas ek choti si baat thi jo bas ye darshaati hai ki logo ki manosththi abhi bi sankuchit hai.........

The face of women power is very pale indeed..................

:)

Yes the mentality has not touched great highs but slowly and surely the awareness and the respect for the fairer gender is inceasing.
It is your responsibility to keep faith and have confidence within yourself and infuse that to others as well !

Lows should not make one feel bad but instill in the energy to conquer great heights ! :)

shweta123
July 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well, the women who are aware about their inherent power can find a way everytime, but what about the women who are exploited either physically or mentally every now & then but they dont even think of retaliating coz they take it as their fundamental duty to do as they are told to do by the men !They have no idea of their own individuality........coz they have only learnt to be governed by the men........they are not aware that woman is a human at par with a man! Anything of the sort of 'women power' can never come to them even in the wildest dreams!

And about the rest........... many who know wat it means, they just end up succumbing to the male domination, either just for the simple reason of avoiding displeasing anyone, or due to the unbearable pressure they have to face!

crsnadar
July 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Very true,

Middle class girls/women have to suffer most.
They have to face hurdles every day in day out.
Home to Office. Husband to Children. Career to Responsibility......everywhere.

js123india
July 21st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Dear Shweta,
I remember, I was taught the scriptures in which, the woman was accorded the highest respect, that of the creator - the mother. People who have been through such education, still appreciate and respect womanhood, everywhere.

These days, our children read comics and serials more than the scriptures. They can hardly realize the traditions and rules of the social fabric.

In my opinion, this particular "sanskar" is supposedly imbibed into the children by the motherfolk. It has slowly and slowly gone out of sight of the mothers. and now the situation is so grim, that the new mothers do not relish following the traditions and discard them as old fashioned .... "rudhiwadi" things.

So what can we expect from their sons !!

The sons of these new mothers, will have to be taught to respect the mother, their own and of others. It is easy to teach a blank child, but it takes considerable effort to teach an adult.

We have to bear with the situation, as of now, but we can hope of an early transformation, thanks to the hipe of women empowerment everywhere.

Regards.
JS