PDA

View Full Version : luck...? lucky...?

ritu
July 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
what is luck and who is lucky.....for some winning a lottery ticket ... for some getting a beautiful wife..and for some luck is in everything they do not have..

navingulia
July 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM
long back i had written something on luck, here it is

Dear Friends, In another forum, we happened to be discussing 'luck factor'. I am putting my thoughts here too, for purpose of sharing.

1. Luck can not make you smile, luck cannot make you happy; luck cannot give you satisfaction.

2. How many times can luck stop you? Once? Twice? Thrice? Luck cannot stop you every time.

3. Luck cannot give you the happiness which hard work can. Ask a man working in the sun for hours what a glass of cold water tastes like. On the other hand there is a group of so called 'lucky people' in 5star hotels/bars having a cocktail of best drinks in the world and not enjoying the drinks, fed up with life or even suicidal.

4. How many 'Lucky' children of celebrity parents you want me to name, who are into drugs, crime and broken lives?

5. Another thing – people often consider those who achieve the goal as ‘Lucky’. I feel people who enjoy the work they do, are lucky. Every successful man has reached where he has because he loved doing what he did.

I don’t know whether it is appropriate to give my own example but I think I will -

I achieved some amount of the so called success and I would be lying if I say that I didn’t enjoy the appreciation but how can I express the 11 years of hard work that went into it and how much I enjoyed it. How do I express how I felt when I was successfully able to wheel my wheelchair 200m in one hour to reach my computer class, how can I express the feeling when I revolted against everybody and took to driving, the drive alone at night to the lakeside with the starlit sky and the lights reflecting in the waves, (people always felt I was crazy driving alone to the lake and mountains at night but trust me it was worth it every bit), how can I express how I felt when with aching arm muscles I drove to a mountain top sat in a wheelchair and had my hot cup of tea from a flask, driving through the Himalayas in an 18yr old car, getting stuck in streams of freezing water, landslides, spending sleepless nights shivering inside a flying tent in snow, my student and partner in expedition making a sad face and saying ‘sir, I don’t think we will get out of this alive’. We laugh like hell every time we remember it. There is only one word which can describe my feelings about all the difficulties and life ‘WOW!’

I always say “Life is like a game of football, you enjoy it only when there are 11 players to oppose you”.

Bad luck, difficulties and challenges are the opposing players who make the game interesting. We all want to win but enjoying playing the game is the key.

I feel lucky are not those people who get easy success, lucky are those people who enjoy what they do and who enjoy the hard work that goes into it.

Most people don’t believe this statement of mine but it doesn’t make a difference whether they do or not. It wouldn’t prevent me from making this statement time and again whenever required. – I feel I am lucky to have faced every single difficulty and challenge in my life, including my injury. It has made me discover life at a plane and in a way, I am so glad about.

By the way, I haven’t got carried away. I do feel so strongly about it, about life. It is such a beautiful and empowering feeling for the soul, the heart and the mind.

Some people consider accidents and injuries and ill health as being unlucky, some people consider failure at work as unlucky, some people consider death as unlucky. But we don’t realize, Life has the importance it has, because death is there, victory has the importance it has because failure is there, good health has importance because ill health is there, good is important because bad is there.

Let us enjoy every moment of this miracle that is life. After all, that’s what we want. Don’t we?

Have a beautiful day

Regards,

Navin Gulia

ritu
July 26th, 2007, 07:36 AM
naveen bhai bahut hi accha jawab diya aapne mere is zigayasa ka.
thanks
ritu

dreamer
July 26th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I think ... the thing called Luck exists in this world ...

Biggest example is Arranged marriages !! You know if You are LUCKY .. then u will get a partner who can make your life heaven .... and if UN-LUCKY ... then bhagwaan bee nahin bacha payega life ko !!

This seems almost a joke ... but jokes apart ...

--- Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet.

So When luck is not with you (as it seems many times ... ) keep patience and be ready enough to welcome Luck ... as it comes unexpectedly ....

Agreeed ???????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

amitchhikara
July 27th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I tend to think that so called LUCK always seems to be more on the side of people who work hard and make things happen.

Ever think how many times a person who wins the lottery has gone without winning one? First time players or people who only go buy powerball tickets when stakes are high almost never win it. The winners are habitual players who have been playing lottery for years before they ever hit the jackpot. So you can say they have been patient and working hard for all those years prior to winning.

mamtadg
July 27th, 2007, 08:43 PM
luck ...........................it works , it exist only what differs in my perspective is the ratio between luck and hardwork . i feel it is 90:10 ration and if missing out on any one of it ...........................things can change:)

ritu
July 27th, 2007, 09:01 PM
hard always pays in the end but i have seen a lot of non-hardworking people doing very well .
I tend to think that so called LUCK always seems to be more on the side of people who work hard and make things happen.

Ever think how many times a person who wins the lottery has gone without winning one? First time players or people who only go buy powerball tickets when stakes are high almost never win it. The winners are habitual players who have been playing lottery for years before they ever hit the jackpot. So you can say they have been patient and working hard for all those years prior to winning.

ritu
July 27th, 2007, 09:03 PM
hi:)
i do not know about the ratio but i am certain about the fact there r phases in life accha and bura.however hard u try in ur bad phase but outcome will be always against u.but good thing about the bad phase is that mostly it is followed by the good one.

luck ...........................it works , it exist only what differs in my perspective is the ratio between luck and hardwork . i feel it is 90:10 ration and if missing out on any one of it ...........................things can change:)

pnauhwar21
July 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Luck is a very good tool to satisfy your ego..When you don't get success in a specific thing in spite of your hard work, you can blame it on your bad luck..when someone having less caliber (in your view) achieves the same thing, you can again blame it on his good luck :) Its synonymous to God whom you can blame for your hardships while simultaneously praying him for some good luck!!

Totally agree with Naveen bhai's viewpoint but its tough for everyone to have that kinda heart..everybody wants good life without any hiccups even though its not an easy path

addy
July 29th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I feel the only time when luck plays a part in a person's life is "Where he/she is born"..Bcoz abt that the individual just can't do anything...Rest all is the story of their lives..what they make it out to be..
Thn it all about Going for it and Not giving it up until u reach thr..

zigyasa
July 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
lucky r those who get happiness & peace in their life
luck matters to acheive everything ..................

chhillar
July 29th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I feel the only time when luck plays a part in a person's life is "Where he/she is born"..Bcoz abt that the individual just can't do anything...Rest all is the story of their lives..what they make it out to be..
Thn it all about Going for it and Not giving it up until u reach thr..

What about no man landers?

cooljat
July 30th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I wonder why do ppl always wish some body goin for exam/game/interveiw by sayin like 'Best Of Luck' why dont say best of hard work??!!

I strongly believe luck n hard work are couplimentry .... luck makes sense..... I guess there is no coincidence.....all r predestined, prefixed......but still Hark work Conquers all cuz in the end if u dont get success u dont regret....than u can on say Hard Luck!!!

Luck exists!!

one more point to add -

I believe Luck kaa faisla to bachhe ke paidaa hote hi ho jaata hai....u can see koi bachha gareeb ke ghar paida hota hai.....aur saari zindgi 2 waqt ki Rotti ke struggle mein gujjar deta hai......aur wahin dusra bachha kissi ameer ke ghar paida hai Born with silver spoon types....aur saari zindgi aish karta hai??

If human race is same n there is no Luck what is the fault of poor child?????

think about it........

Rock on
Jit