PDA

View Full Version : Masti Ki Paathshala - IX

nmalik121
July 28th, 2007, 02:22 AM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3771/monkeyszu5.jpg

Masti Ki Paathshala – IX

“Hmmm…Hmmm,” me and Sachin made the sound looking at him and laughed at full volume. The passengers around began staring us.

“Slow guys…” Prashant made his hands and eyes talk more than his words in low volume.

“Waise…tell us whether you had any girlfriend in past?” I asked curiously.

“Of course he must have yaar, what inane question you are asking?” Sachin chided me like I had asked the silliest thing and continued, “He seems to be an experienced guy, not like us, losers.” His eyes slandered while saying the last word.

“Losers? So you mean to say that a guy is a loser if he is not having any girlfriend?” I retorted strongly.

“It’s not only about having a girlfriend yaar, it is about being confident in day-to-day life, and it’s about power of communication,” Sachin expressed his opinion bit aggressively.

Prashant was enjoying this sweet mild tussle between us.

“Still, I don’t agree with you, does power of communication or so-called confidence come only after talking to a girl or having someone as your girlfriend?” I too persisted with my stance.

“You are not getting what I mean to say…the main idea is to impress someone with one’s convincing power,” Sachin tried to made his point clearly, this time in a calmer tone.

“That I too agree with,” I too step back announcing the truce and brought Prashant in the conversation, “Let Prashant answer my question!”

He thought for a moment, licked his lips, then words flew down like drops of water, “Well…I have been affairs with the girls in past in my hometown but nothing worth to remember, cherish or even think about, all of them were typical ‘out of sight-out of mind’ relationships.”

“Okay…so there lies the secret of expertise,” Sachin laughed giving a taaligoogly, “Accha ye btao…what is the basic funda of impressing a girl?” on my palms and hurled another

“There is no such funda yaar,” Prashant was talking like a ‘LOVE-GURU’ in top gear, “it depends on person to person and situation, but YES, a healthy mix of decency, humor, philosophy, and haajir-jawabi would work in favor of you, not against you.”

“And no doubt, practice makes you better with time,” I too added my sound-bytes to Prashant’s words of wisdom.

“aaawww…dost, I think, practice makes one perfect, if I am not wrong,” Sachin said.

“I don’t believe in the words ‘Best’ or ‘Perfect’, I just believe in being better and better with time,” I replied.

“That sounds interesting, how come so?” Prashant was the questioner now.

I looked both of them and examined their face-expression for a moment ensuring they are really interested in knowing the reason.

“Well, perfection is a word that looks good only in dictionary, not in life,” I began speaking measuring my words, “ If God’s creation, this earth, is not perfect, then why to expect perfection from people, relationships or objects, look around,” gradually I was lost in the sea of my words, “there is so much poverty, diseases, war, terrorism, hatred, this is not the ideal place to live a perfect life. One can make this world better but just forget about achieving perfection. So ‘being better’ is my mantra,” I was saying all this with explicit intensity in my voice.

Both Prashant and Sachin kept looking at me almost spell bounded for one second without saying anything.

“What?” I broke the silence spread among three minds with a ‘I didn’t do anything’ tone.

“Wow man…” Sachin exclaimed.

“We never saw this side of your persona; you are passionate about all the right thing one sensible man should be in life, you would make a good ‘politician with meaningful purpose’ who can make some difference to the life of common people,” Prashant’s eyes shining, “the hidden side of your individuality really makes you unique, I am sure I have got a genuinely caring and nice-hearted friend.”

“And what about me?” Sachin made his face like a pouting kid.

“Hahahah…You are always there yaar,” Prashant laughed loudly this time and both of us were smiling.

“Slow guys…slow,” Me and Sachin said with a naughty smile at Prashant. Now, it was our turn to tell Prashant to laugh at low pitch. The bonding was explicitly visible.

“But every single word I said about you, I really mean it,” Prashant said with known confidence in his eyes.

“That’s a very high praise yaar, Thanks a lot, in any case, please don’t insult the word ‘meaningful purpose’ by adding it with politics,” I put my hand over his shoulders smiling.

“Ab apni tasreef ka tokra uthao or seat khali karo, our stop is about to come,” Sachin He shrugged his shoulders and announced the arrival standing up from his seat. This journey was etched in my memory forever with every moment leaving its lasting foot-prints in my mind.

The beginning of a lifelong friendship, probably!!!

Three of us moved towards the front door of the bus. The cool air was blowing quietly. The sun, sliding down in the sky had also become gentle.

We got down at Ajadpur bus Depot. A vast pool of dirty water scattered in the middle of the small depot smelled like hell. The area was congested, tucked away from any urban-development. The potholes underfoot were enough to show the apathy of local administration towards the area.

Prashant tried to say something but his voice drowned out under the heavy bus-honking around. We had to take another bus from here for Pragati Maidaan.

TBC....