PDA

View Full Version : God - the battle ends

navingulia
July 31st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Your life ends the day you think you have discovered the whole truth. There is no more quest for knowledge, no more questions asked. Life is a quest. Dont take the well to be the whole knowledge, there is an endless ocean out there. I want you to believe in God but not one that has been defined by man to suit his needs.

The day you start discovering God you wouldnt need even the alphabets G O D to refer to him leave aside any of the numerous names given my man. It is an eternity, it doesnt bind you, it lets you free. Dont suffocate, dont bother, just Live. every breath is yours, every feel is yours, every realisation is yours.

God is not as specific as 'God is this and he wants this'. He is everything, everything that you can imagine and everything you cannot. And he wants nothing from you.

Some people tell me, i believe in god because that makes me morally upright. I ask, Do you need a God to force you to be a good human being? Do you need God to tell you what a Good human being is like? If yes, then you better be bad.

God wont come here to sort out things for us. If we cant sort them out ourselves, forget it. We deserve to be in a mess.

God is everything and he wants nothing. Don’t suffocate. Live.

shailendra
July 31st, 2007, 08:33 PM
...Hmmm, interesting...

In addition and part of what you are saying also somewhat boils down to as it's sometimes popularily said, "What are you really in the end? Someone who is 'GOD-fearing',...or if it is someone that is 'GOD-loving'?" [because obviously there is a HUGE difference here, and what you do or choose to be as a human being could (and mostly is) driven by either of these two scenarios, or options of faiths...and that in itself says a whole lot!]

sidchhikara
August 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Navin bhai,
Here is an interesting take on religion by the unshutupable George Carlin from the point of view of the earth.... I think you might be interested in stuff said after the 7:00 min marker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IET1uKHPqc8

This one is purely on religion..... especially christianity ...funny stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uBAPbOWLxc

navingulia
August 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
God in todays religions exists only as a figment of mans imagination meant to help him deal with his psychological insecurity and inability to face harm and death.

Rightly said by george carlin, these religions were meant for people with low IQ. In his words 'primitive, illeterate people'

If someone queries about God, i ask him only one question "Why do you need God?" - the answer about God lies in the answer to this question.

jitendershooda
August 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
God in todays religions exists only as a figment of mans imagination meant to help him deal with his psychological insecurity and inability to face harm and death.

Rightly said by george carlin, these religions were meant for people with low IQ. In his words 'primitive, illeterate people'

If someone queries about God, i ask him only one question "Why do you need God?" - the answer about God lies in the answer to this question.

इस बात मैं तंत लाग्या भाई साब ...

rkumar
August 3rd, 2007, 08:42 AM

Correct. However, what you say is only half of the story. Let us go now otherway round. How would one expect these so called low IQ people to handle their insecurities? Can these so called high IQ people push their low IQ to near perfect levels ? How many people on this Earth are born with perfect IQ? Religion/ GOD was the invention of HIGH IQ people to address the day to day problems of so called low IQ people. With the passage of time cunning brains learned how to use GOD/ religion to exploit not only the low IQ but even high IQ people. Like any other human invention, God/ religion is also a dual use invention. Inventing GOD/ religion has been like mining Gold whereby one creates lots of debris and polution also. We don't seen to know how to handle this religious polution. Why religious, we don't know how to handle any type of polution.

RK^2

navingulia
August 6th, 2007, 11:30 AM
RK Sir, I agree with high IQ and low IQ people but the high IQ people didnt make religions to help low IQ people deal with their insecurities. They made these religions to rule the low IQ people. Because ultimately these high IQ people hadnot evolved enough to break the diktat of their genes which were programmed to make them strive for power of numbers and quantities.
If these high IQ people dont learn and realise the importance of making this world a better place, they will only live and die as what they were born as 'animals'
Till now the wrld has not been able to produce an effect which can shake them out of their ignorance. The hope for this world lies in producing that effect somehow.

Correct. However, what you say is only half of the story. Let us go now otherway round. How would one expect these so called low IQ people to handle their insecurities? Can these so called high IQ people push their low IQ to near perfect levels ? How many people on this Earth are born with perfect IQ? Religion/ GOD was the invention of HIGH IQ people to address the day to day problems of so called low IQ people. With the passage of time cunning brains learned how to use GOD/ religion to exploit not only the low IQ but even high IQ people. Like any other human invention, God/ religion is also a dual use invention. Inventing GOD/ religion has been like mining Gold whereby one creates lots of debris and polution also. We don't seen to know how to handle this religious polution. Why religious, we don't know how to handle any type of polution.

RK^2