PDA

View Full Version : shape up chest

ravinder108
August 14th, 2007, 03:37 PM
can any one tell me best exercises of chests that can b done at home........................

jitendershooda
August 14th, 2007, 04:05 PM
can any one tell me best exercises of chests that can b done at home........................

Dand maar bhai chik ke kati ..... mandya rahe ... pahele kuchek din te tere kandhe er kaakh dookhengi ... par pher gyan aan lag jyaga .... er badhata jaiye .... baki kae bhai gym mein bhi mande rahya karein loh gail loh hon .... to wo to kade karke dekhya nahi ghana sa .... usmein kaiyan ka dekhya se ek dheela ho jya se gaat thode din pache ....

So better to go for the evergreen and without any extra expenditure of yours .... DAND ..... in this your chest will not go loose even when you leave the exercise like that in gym ... and some more issue with gym is that sometimes people do im-proportional exercise and that leads to bad shaped and plumpy chest. Ek tha dahiya chora mhari gail .... usne hum nue kahya karte ek bhai tun kurta kadh ke mat aaya kar mhare aage .... :)

chintu
August 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
hii jitender bhaiya...
remember me amit sheoran,,,from ramaiah college bangalore...aaree aaj kal kaha ho..m in delhi doin mba ,,so aap aajkal kaha ho...whts ur contact no....mine is 9899979588...amit sheoran

shailendra
August 15th, 2007, 10:36 PM

...aer 'Ghee' khaate rahiye! :D;)

Just kidding, push-ups is the simplest and most gainful excercise without doubt!

Make sure about the pacement of the spacing of the hands; in order to target your chest (if the hands are placed slightly wider than your shoulder width; then you are targetting the chest the most...)

Also, the key is never to become comfortable of the routine and get into a pleateau of rut.... so when you are able to easily squeeze out your sets of push-ups doing it with both feet and hands on the ground; then it's time to make it more difficult--- by for example putting up your feet on something raised like the chair or a stool. The hands are still flat on the ground...This would bring in the additional pressure and make you work even harder to raise yourself up.

The form (like Jeetu mentioned) is important in any excercise you do...with weights, machine,..or even when doing it with your body weight like these push-ups for that matter.
So, Make sure that the back is straight at all times when doing the push-ups, and that you are lifting yourself by the hands and not getting undue leverage by an arched back (unlike that typical 'phelwaan' comical guy in the movies cranking it out in a swinging like back and forth motion)...

...Happy gains! (and yeah still....try and keep the Ghee handy!) ;)

satpaldalal
August 17th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Dand maar bhai chik ke kati ..... mandya rahe ... pahele kuchek din te tere kandhe er kaakh dookhengi ... par pher gyan aan lag jyaga .... er badhata jaiye .... .... :)

Jeetu -- Marwavega isne.
(.... er badhata jaiye .... )

Nalle bhi ho jyaya karain. Air Pet saaf na ho to Peeliya aur Liver bhi kharab ho jyaya karai sai.

sumeetmalik
August 20th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Bhai although Shailendra has told you the best exercise(Push Ups) for shaping up the chest(and Shailendra looks like the right guy to tell you this with his Superdhoti persona:)) I would say get a rod and a couple of weights to do some exercises at home. Push Ups are great for generally shaping up the upper body porton but if you would like to work on a certain chest muscle then weights is a better idea. Along with push ups of course.
I will try to attach some pics or diagrams if I can find on the net.

I was in the same dilemma a few months ago. I liked to play but I didnt enjoy going to the gym. I think it was an inferiority complex because of a thinner body. So I started push ups at home. And I was pathetic. I couldnt even do five! But over time I improved a lot and now I can do 125 in five sets or so. This helped me gain confidence in doing other exercises with are very helpful. Fortunately I was living with a model who used to work out two hours a day. And his coach back from Gurgaon made me(a very nice guy) a card which had diagrams with frequency of exercises. And its very easy! Just four or five exercises a day.

So keep out half an hour for some exercises. And be religious about that for at least three months and you will see a substantial difference in your body. You would actually start admiring your body in the mirror in a couple of months. And the tees would fit better. And the girls will talk more to you...:)

If you want I can scan and send my exercise car to you. Just leave your email.

Cheers and so much for good living!

shailendra
August 20th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Bhai although Shailendra has told you the best exercise(Push Ups) for shaping up the chest(and Shailendra looks like the right guy to tell you this with his Superdhoti persona:)) I would say get a rod and a couple of weights to do some exercises at home. Push Ups are great for generally shaping up the upper body porton but if you would like to work on a certain chest muscle then weights is a better idea. Along with push ups of course.
I will try to attach some pics or diagrams if I can find on the net.

I was in the same dilemma a few months ago. I liked to play but I didnt enjoy going to the gym. I think it was an inferiority complex because of a thinner body. So I started push ups at home. And I was pathetic. I couldnt even do five! But over time I improved a lot and now I can do 125 in five sets or so. This helped me gain confidence in doing other exercises with are very helpful. Fortunately I was living with a model who used to work out two hours a day. And his coach back from Gurgaon made me(a very nice guy) a card which had diagrams with frequency of exercises. And its very easy! Just four or five exercises a day.

So keep out half an hour for some exercises. And be religious about that for at least three months and you will see a substantial difference in your body. You would actually start admiring your body in the mirror in a couple of months. And the tees would fit better. And the girls will talk more to you...:)

If you want I can scan and send my exercise car to you. Just leave your email.

Cheers and so much for good living!

That's right, basic push-ups can help you get the ball rolling onto bigger and better things...(but since you obviously wanted something to start off at home...they remain to the mind the most effective excercise)

Also strongly believe that Push-ups are something that should always be part of a good excercise regimen even if you graduate on to the free weights/machine etc. They continue to be really the best warm-up excercise for starting off the upper-body weight training...

Something else that I got reminded about while reading Sumeet's post here; He mentioned about the number of push-ups one can squeeze out initially...remember that since one is basically pushing their own weight in this excercise- how many or how long also depends a lot on your own weight... so for example a bigger guy is probably not gonna be creating some push-up record per say while a lighter person can probably beat him in the number of repetitions.... so do what is really your own peak, immaterial of the number (but something that makes you work for it!!!)

Usually a set of three in any excercise is the best and should be done in a reverse pyramidical fashion [you squeeze out the most in the first set; (for example let's say the number 25), then slightly less in the second; (around 20), and in that fashion the last set could be probably not more than 12-15 repetitions...when you are really feeling the burn and rasining yourself up with difficulty]

Always finish with giving good enough time to stretching...

gaganjat
August 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
and just a general suggestion , which is very helpful and imporatant in body building :

Its really important to contract the parts /muscles you are working out.

Suppose if you are doing barbles and you are keeping your biceps loose (uncontracted) it wont affect your biceps much.

So always keep the body parts you exercising contracted (in simpler language 'hard') and pose too. Posing is really effective.

You will feel the blood pumping that part of the body.

shailendra
August 21st, 2007, 10:51 PM
Suppose if you are doing barbles and you are keeping your biceps loose (uncontracted) it wont affect your biceps much.

!!?!! Wow, if one is using the Barbell and still manages to somehow keep the Bicep muscles 'loose' (uncontracted) it would be quite an amazingly rare feat indeed! (What muscle would he be using to lift the Barbell from???) :D

gaganjat
August 23rd, 2007, 04:48 AM
!!?!! Wow, if one is using the Barbell and still manages to somehow keep the Bicep muscles 'loose' (uncontracted) it would be quite an amazingly rare feat indeed! (What muscle would he be using to lift the Barbell from???) :D

dont worry bot it smart a**

shailendra
August 23rd, 2007, 05:25 AM
Heh! :D...why the Cat got your tounge!?!
Of course I am not worried 'bot' it...Oh, in fact I can possibly start doing exactly that ONLY once after I have stopped laughing!!!...;)

ravinderdahiya
August 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Hey Shail, I am sure that now almost everybody will be quite curious to know the way of doing barble curls in which your bicep actually remains uncontracted.:D:D

shailendra
August 23rd, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Shail, I am sure that now almost everybody will be quite curious to know the way of doing barble curls in which your bicep actually remains uncontracted.:D:D

My sentiments exactly brother!... ;)

gaganjat
August 24th, 2007, 05:16 AM

pahalwaaan tere tai biceps nue ae paatan nai ho rhe sai :D

U already quite contracted my bro, dont even think about weights !

gaganjat
August 24th, 2007, 05:19 AM
My sentiments exactly brother!... ;)

tere sentiments ! haiiiiiiiiiiiii bete !