PDA

View Full Version : Ae mere watan ke logon....

dolly2003
August 17th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Hi......,

From listening to Ae mere watan ke logon..to see Indians in top positions abroad..Its really great feeling and proud moment to be an INDIAN...

Like for me,I come from Army background and i was born patriot.I guess there have been moments in every one life that must have given an extra shiver of excitement.I have been seeing brave people in the armed forces putting their lives at stake so that others can live safely.The larger -than -life acts of each and every Indian makes me feel proud of being an INDIAN.

As we complete 60 long yrs of Independent India..so let me ask my fellow jatlanders to share wid us their moments when they felt most proud of their country.

WHEN WERE YOU CHOKED WITH EMOTION FOR INDIA????

shailendra
August 17th, 2007, 12:58 AM
This is quite a good thread starter...and I have absolutely no doubt that there would be many moments to be mentioned by not only me but others, and all in good time....

But let's start with the latest one; I think for me the most recent one was the deserved crowning of the Taj as one of the seven wonders!
This great Architectural monument, an achievement of ancient Mughal India, a well known ode to love, a inspiration and an unparalleled building-and-construction feat..........
Well, when the presenters disclosed out it's name- providing the well deserved seat among the seven wonders....I think I must have jumped up miles from that sofa infront of the TV......

Why??? It was very difficult to say... I have no clue!
Was there or has been there any doubt in anyone's mind that the Taj Mahal is a great monument? No, ...well, then do the people of this world don't know about it? Not even that....Is it some recent achievement of modern India? Nope!....BUT then STILL....it belongs to MY INDIA! ...And to think there it was, being regailed as the jewel it is, infront of the whole wide world on an equal but such a HUGE international platform! WOW!
What a crowning glory moment!... was a lil' choked, happy and proud all at the same time!!!...

dolly2003
August 20th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Really surprising ...No one from so many members sharing there views for INDIA.....!

dreamer
August 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Really surprising ...No one from so many members sharing there views for INDIA.....!

Winning Test Series in England was the last thing ... which gave me shivering of heavenly pleasure .... That was really sweet feeling :cool:

sjakhars
August 20th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I felt proud to be Indian when LN Mittal bought Arcelor, one of the biggest steel company in the world.
Apart from this one, there are many ocassions but this one is the recent and came into my mind when I read this thread.

shailendra
August 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM

...??? Well, then maybe I was probably in my invisible mode right back up there... :rolleyes:

dolly2003
August 20th, 2007, 09:21 PM
...??? Well, then maybe I was probably in my invisible mode right back up there... :rolleyes:

No no..u r very much in visible mode..i shud hv written except for u.. no one turned up with there views..Thanks for reminding me..

chhavi
August 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
10 August 2007 at 11:30 a.m. when I visited Pietermaritzburg railway station in South Africa. I was standing next to the pillar which stated that, it was point where Mahatma Gandhi fell after being kicked out of the train on the 7 Jun 1893 while travelling from Durban to Pretoria. The waiting room of the station is closed for every one and it has only Mahatma Gandhi's photograph inside.
That was a real emotional moment for me.

bhamboo
August 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I felt proud to be Indian when LN Mittal bought Arcelor, one of the biggest steel company in the world.
Apart from this one, there are many ocassions but this one is the recent and came into my mind when I read this thread.

N jakhar sir...he belongs 2 our shekhawati.....but these billonier.....ignorin there mothrland.....nt duin much for it..

bhamboo
August 24th, 2007, 09:30 PM

madam ji....

i'll keep dis thred on top...

ranvirsingh
August 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I was travelling with a Thai person who has been to India many times. While talking about his experiences in India, he told something that really made me feel proud.

In 1983,he was trying to get railway ticket from Bombay to Puna He could not get the reservation but one person on the station assured him a reserved seat in the train for Rs.70. In hurry this Thai person gave him Rs 200. When the middleman gave him ticket and balance he was impressed by the honesty of that person. He narrated this story and told me that Indians are very honest people. It really made me feel proud but I wished all were honest like that middleman and also if that middleman could improove a little more.

gaganjat
August 25th, 2007, 10:16 AM
When India carried out Nuclear tests !

gaganjat
August 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Recognition India is getting in the world these days. Something big about India is in news everyday, from trade to arms.

mukeshkumar007
August 25th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I felt proud to be Indian when American Persident said that " We can't compare India with other country, India is a responsible and special country and it deserve a better deal " somewhere during the long two year negotiation on 123 Agreement.. Lakin afsos bi huwa jab yeh deal politicians ke beech maie football ban kar reh gai.. sometime I wonder can we ever work together to safeguard our national interest ?

devdahiya
August 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
1]When Sardar Bhagat Singh was hanged [and he was shouting Inqelab zindabad]for protecting the honor of mother India.

There are no matching moments of deshbhakti than this in the history on India.

gaganrana
August 26th, 2007, 05:00 AM
I feel proud of India being a largest democracy in the world.... I feel proud of our culture, which is so diverse but still unite.....I feel proud when some gora (Angrez) talk about India is becoming a great power in the world.....

How ever there are other things which we have to sort it out before we FELL Proud ALL THE TIME BEING AN INDIAN..... The corruption, Illetracy, Prejudice, terrorism and bad politics.

Jai Hind.

prashantacmet
August 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
1]When Sardar Bhagat Singh was hanged [and he was shouting Inqelab zindabad]for protecting the honor of mother India.

There are no matching moments of deshbhakti than this in the history on India.

strongly agree .....................