PDA

View Full Version : Straight Talk VS Diplomacy

devdahiya
September 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
Worthy members this topic needs discussion in length.Generally we might have heard people saying.....' I don't mins words....truth is thats what i speak'....like it or lump it.Then there is a catagory of people who practice diplomacy[Some call it an ornament of weaklings] in most of the situation.Does these practices have something to do with the real personality of an indvidual and how important is the diplomacy in day to day life and where does the straight talk stands.Do ponder over and give your inputs.

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Trust me , :p i am not at all being diplomatic :D in saying that i will write my views at a later stage , let mne read some of the posts here !:cool:

On a s erious note , a topic really worth discussing !

Dev ji , kahan se laayo so aise kasoote topic ???:confused:

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 10:39 AM
In my view people who are BEST DIPLOMATS fail to show the courage to ACCEPT it reason might be many as 1. Not to hurt anyone as sometimes being blunt and straight forward hurtsomebody 2. Not to show your REAL-SELF to all around you 3. To get a false soul-satisfaction thinking we are SUPERB 4. Diplomacy definitely flows from your personality and INNER SELF but then their are some extremely good actors/actresses who save their skins. 5. when straight talk can leave you ALL ALONE MOST OF THE TIMES DIPLOMACY SURROUNDS YOU WITH FALSE FRIENDS because the person who is not his/her real self can't be LOYAL in any relationship hence diplomacy might enable you to GET AWAY in some circumstances SOMETIMES but NOT ALWAYS 6. Diplomacy can't get you appreciation when discovered....if it's in negative sense....it's digested if by any chance it has done SOME GUD TO SOMEBODY which is a rare case:) AT TIMES ignoring/postponing a CUMBERSOME situation can be TERMED AS HYPOCRISY:D;) MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:o
Worthy members this topic needs discussion in length.Generally we might have heard people saying.....' I don't mins words....truth is thats what i speak'....like it or lump it.Then there is a catagory of people who practice diplomacy[Some call it an ornament of weaklings] in most of the situation.Does these practices have something to do with the real personality of an indvidual and how important is the diplomacy in day to day life and where does the straight talk stands.Do ponder over and give your inputs.

ssindhu
September 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
u judged right, i personally feel diplomacy is a weapon of timids who r scared of showing their true beings just mindful "what people will say". secondly, diplomacy is used to deceive others...to mislead.

yup, both diplomacy or straight talk are a reflection of d real being.

straight talk is d jewell of courageous beings...only a strong fellow cn say he's hurt. only a strong cn put forward his weird opinion, nt frightened of ppl's reaction 2 it..., lot more 2 discuss. bt dearth of time dosnt allow. bt i guess i conveyed my point...

bt at times diplomacy is d need of hr...bt never ever use it 4 deception...if it has a benevolent cause, just practice it.

navingulia
September 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Dev Sir always has a soothing and calming effect on Jatland activities. That is the kind of diplomacy I will stand for.

'Diplomacy' - like any other term is defined and accepted differently by different people.

A big NO NO for me
'presenting a lie as a truth'
'as a tool for backstabbing'
'harming someone or taking advantage'

Yes and fine
'Avoiding hurting unnecessarily'
'Avoiding undesirable elements/people'
'presenting your 'real' work and self better'
'conveying a message to have a desired effect'

You cant be a bad person and present yourself as good, people will know sooner or later. Being a good person is the only way to be known as a good person or for having the joy of being a good person.

Dev Sir, these words also are diplomatically used -> ' I don't mins words....truth is thats what i speak'....like it or lump it.'

Dictionary meaning ->
1 : the art and practice of conducting negotiations between nations
2 : skill in handling affairs without arousing hostility

Diplomacy doesnot have a negative meaning at all.

navingulia
September 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
deceiving
lying
not having courage to speak out

The above donot come under diplomacy

Not speaking out for truth and justice - is cowardice
Speaking at the right time and place to have best effect - is diplomacy

---
:) see for undiplomatic replies in reasons for editing my two posts

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Naveen it might not have negative meaning but i believe that in changed literary form of words or rather say in SLANG its taken in negative sense? Where is this negativity derived from if it's in Positive sense?

P.S.-Naveen HYPOCRISY ka bi matlab batayiyo....aaj tai DICTIONARY kholle raakhi sai tai....arr nyu bi bata dyo mai HYPOCRITE su akk na
Dev Sir always has a soothing and calming effect on Jatland activities. That is the kind of diplomacy I will stand for.

'Diplomacy' - like any other term is defined and accepted differently by different people.

A big NO NO for me
'presenting a lie as a truth'
'as a tool for backstabbing'
'harming someone or taking advantage'

Yes and fine
'Avoiding hurting unnecessarily'
'Avoiding undesirable elements/people'
'presenting your 'real' work and self better'
'conveying a message to have a desired effect'

You cant be a bad person and present yourself as good, people will know sooner or later. Being a good person is the only way to be known as a good person or for having the joy of being a good person.

Dev Sir, these words also are diplomatically used -> ' I don't mins words....truth is thats what i speak'....like it or lump it.'

Dictionary meaning ->
1 : the art and practice of conducting negotiations between nations
2 : skill in handling affairs without arousing hostility

Diplomacy doesnot have a negative meaning at all.

navingulia
September 3rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hypocrite
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
---in plain anguage, double standards

Bebe Sunita, tu hypocrite ar dplomatic laagti tai koni par ke bera bheetar ai bheetar mannai chhitwaawan ke plan banaa rahi ho.

"skill in handling affairs without arousing hostility" - we jats need to learn it. And me stating it bluntly in a Jat forum is undiplomatic. :D

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 12:01 PM
P.S.-Naveen HYPOCRISY ka bi matlab batayiyo....aaj tai DICTIONARY kholle raakhi sai tai....arr nyu bi bata dyo mai HYPOCRITE su akk na

main bata doon soon :D

Hypocrisy :

* Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have.

* An expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction.

Naveen bhai nyun bata denge ki aap hypocrite ho ya na sunita ji :) kyunki main tai naya naya soon !

WAise whatever i have learned about you ( obviously from your posts ) , i dont feel lack of conviction in whatever you say ! :) So for me , u are not a hypocrite !

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
@ Naveen Bhai :

:mad::mad: ya galat baat sai :mad::mad:

pehle to aap ne mere se pehle post kar ke mere ideas likh diye ( coutesy merii power supply problem , light bhaaj gi thi :confused: )

ibb fer hypocrite ka matlab pehle likh diya ! maka kimai likhne doge ya nahi !:D

navingulia
September 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Bhai bijli ka batti bill dyun suun, ghar aalaan nai seperate meter laa raakhya sai mere kamre pai, pahlyaan tai meri e post chappaigi, kar le ke karaiga.
Undiplomatic answer

Bhai kuchh nahin hota, aagli bai tu likh liye pahlyaan.
Diplomatic answer

m

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
Supaari dee jaa chuki hai:D hmm....mai iss thread mai OFF-TOPIC na hona chahti:p
Hypocrite
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
---in plain anguage, double standards

Bebe Sunita, tu hypocrite ar dplomatic laagti tai koni par ke bera bheetar ai bheetar mannai chhitwaawan ke plan banaa rahi ho.

"skill in handling affairs without arousing hostility" - we jats need to learn it. And me stating it bluntly in a Jat forum is undiplomatic. :D

satyeshwar
September 3rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Diplomacy and Straight Talk are not really antonyms. Meaning that you can be honest yet try to solve a matter diplomatically without getting extremely aggravated. Ek kahavat ki sacche ko gussa aata hai, I don't think this is true. If you are right, you can communicate your thoughts in a peaceful manner as well.

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Well i was writing my reply and tabhi meri power supply ud gai thi :mad:
And after that there are many posts now !
And might sound like arepetion of some of the views already put in these posts.

But for the sake of originality of my thoughts and completeness purposes , let me put it in brief :

There are two points raised by DAhiya Ji , and as far as i get it , these are :

1. Does these practices have something to do with the real personality of an indvidual ??

2. How important is the diplomacy in day to day life and where does the straight talk stands ?

My answer is :
I dont believe that in all cases , the practices of diplomacy or straight talk shows one' s real self or personality. As Sunita ji got it dead right , there are some wonderful artists here ! There is a two liner i guess which goes like this ::
har kadam par mil jate hain hamdard hajaron , lagta hai is shehar mein kalakar bahut hain :)

Also i personally dont believe in being your true self always and as Naveen Bhai put it ( meri light ke kaaran woh pehle likh gaye :confused: ) Diplomacy is a positive quality and indeed in todays world it is one to be possessed and cherished :) Its an art ! :) And i dont find the case that it is a weakness , infact to me it is one of your strong qualities and one which is hard to practice .

If u r dealing with an emotiionally unstable friend , can u be blunt enough ! Would nt that really get him/her down ! And would it be a better idea to console and comfort rahter than be blunt !
:)

And regarding Sunita ji's question of that in Slang sense it is a negative quality , well i can only say : That negative interpreaion is an origination of constrained mentality of people :) And for that matter there are a lot of terms that are misconstrued these days !

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
AT TIMES ignoring/postponing a CUMBERSOME situation can be TERMED AS HYPOCRISY:D;) MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:o

Well true Sunita ji , but in such situations , i believe the best thing is to sit down calmly and ask yourself whether u were really being a hypocrite or you let the matter cool down just because there was no point in igniting the things further.

U will get the answer for yourself.

My philosophy is that no one can be untrue to his / her own self ! :) and real satisfaction and appreciation comes from one's own self .
So if u r convinced enough yourself , there is nothing like it :)

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 12:38 PM
[quote=satyeshwar;144689. Ek kahavat ki sacche ko gussa aata hai, I don't think this is true. If you are right, you can communicate your thoughts in a peaceful manner as well.[/quote]

so true of you Bhai , There is a school of thought and lots believe in it that being peaceful is either being diplomatic or being hypocrite :)

In showing rage and anger , one can off course for the time being be in an illusion of being on the top , but his/her inner self knows what is the underlying reality.

Ek doha hai : ( exactly to yaad nahi :confused: )

sheel vant sabse bada , sab ratnan ki khaan
teen lok ki sampada rahi sheel mein aan ! :)

Just to give u all a example :
See the kind of soothing influence Dev ji and Satyeshwar Bhai possess , see the aura ! :) Is it because of their show offs ? No ! It is because of their peaceful and calming personality !

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Agree with you on this but then it might be an Illusion cuz Dev Ji is mature n our elder too and Bagh is a MODERATOR;) jokes apart they both have charismatic personalities( sachi mai):) Even if someone shows rage or anger but deep within they know that its a show off to deviate attention and get sympathy but illusions are not realities and so is Diplomacy be it in a positive sense or negative. I feel i'm the BIGGEST ENEMY OF MY FRIENDS WHOM I DONT GIVE STRAIGHT FEEDBACK in case i'm asked to as it'll be keeping them in dark and be injustice to them.

Din bhar ke kukarmo ke baad insaan apni aatma se aankhey char karta hi hai is liye bhala hai ki baatein ghoomaney ki bajaye 2 took baat karo:):D
so true of you Bhai , There is a school of thought and lots believe in it that being peaceful is either being diplomatic or being hypocrite :)

In showing rage and anger , one can off course for the time being be in an illusion of being on the top , but his/her inner self knows what is the underlying reality.

Ek doha hai : ( exactly to yaad nahi :confused: )

sheel vant sabse bada , sab ratnan ki khaan
teen lok ki sampada rahi sheel mein aan ! :)

Just to give u all a example :
See the kind of soothing influence Dev ji and Satyeshwar Bhai possess , see the aura ! :) Is it because of their show offs ? No ! It is because of their peaceful and calming personality !

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Agree with you on this but then it might be an Illusion cuz Dev Ji is mature n our elder too and Bagh is a MODERATOR;)

ar sunita ji aapne saachi maan li key :D main tai majaak karoon tha;)

jokes apart ! Post or power has nothing to do with my discretion and there are other ones too with post and power ! And everybody will agree with me on this ! :)

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I feel i'm the BIGGEST ENEMY OF MY FRIENDS WHOM I DONT GIVE STRAIGHT FEEDBACK in case i'm asked to as it'll be keeping them in dark and be injustice to them.

AGain Sunita ji u r being preoccupied in your mind by emphasising only the negative aspects ot the term DIPLOMACY.
And you will agree with me on this that anything has both the faces , a positive one and a negative one ! :)

And u gave a great example in terms of the feedback to friends . Even i believe that a true friend will always term your right actions as right ( with a modest intensity ) and your wrong ones as wrong ( should be with a high intensity) .
But to me there are situations in which one has to be clever with the choice of words . And that is the essence of being diplomatic and infact the true and the positive meaning of diplomacy .:)

Just to substantiate :

Shabd barabar dhan nahi , jo koi jaane bol
heera to daamon mile , shabd hi mol na tol :)

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
:)Sachi laagi....par manne tai pehley kehdi thi AKK MANNE MAANAS KI PICHHAN KONYA:p;):D i also didn't relate it to their Posts or Power i said n agreed cuz i have met both personally so not only me but most will agree to this Fact:)
ar sunita ji aapne saachi maan li key :D main tai majaak karoon tha;)

jokes apart ! Post or power has nothing to do with my discretion and there are other ones too with post and power ! And everybody will agree with me on this ! :)

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Nope i'm not as in my previous posts i've mentioned it in negative n positive forms and i'd an incident in my mind My friend for 10-12 years once said to me that i'm way too BLUNT n BITTER....n later she realised that i was right as i don't confuse her whether its about appreciation or critism:) N i really dont know how to dip bitter words in HONEY:p
AGain Sunita ji u r being preoccupied in your mind by emphasising only the negative aspects ot the term DIPLOMACY.
And you will agree with me on this that anything has both the faces , a positive one and a negative one ! :)

And u gave a great example in terms of the feedback to friends . Even i believe that a true friend will always term your right actions as right ( with a modest intensity ) and your wrong ones as wrong ( should be with a high intensity) .
But to me there are situations in which one has to be clever with the choice of words . And that is the essence of being diplomatic and infact the true and the positive meaning of diplomacy .:)

Just to substantiate :

Shabd barabar dhan nahi , jo koi jaane bol
heera to daamon mile , shabd hi mol na tol :)

deepshi
September 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
e manney bi..:mad:

:)Sachi laagi....par manne tai pehley kehdi thi AKK MANNE MAANAS KI PICHHAN KONYA:p;):D i also didn't relate it to their Posts or Power i said n agreed cuz i have met both personally so not only me but most will agree to this Fact:)

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
dikhe sai kaiyyan nai koni pichaan maanas ki :confused::confused:

manne hi sikhaani padegi key ?:p:D:o:o

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
N i really dont know how to dip bitter words in HONEY:p

Yeah , that is why i said it is an art ! :)

And trust me there is nothing better to be straight forward if the other person is good enough to appreciate things and construct them in positive and right way :)

but yes i personally have come across situations where there needs to be some encouragement given to the intended party before really trying to tell them something substantial.

Sometimes the psyche and mental makeup of a person is not in a state to accomodate bluntness and it can really aggravate the already grieved situation ! That is the time where u need to be careful about one's choice of words ! :)

sunitahooda
September 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Par mai tere jitni bi bawlitaredd konya:D:D:p:p

yashbeniwal
September 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
bas kilkiiiiiiiii e maari jaa sakai sai is baat pai,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

yaa bhi ghani maachi maachi feere thi,,,,,, eb isi baat sun li naa thaayi jaa er naa dhari jaa,,,,,

Par mai tere jitni bi bawlitaredd konya:D:D:p:p

devdahiya
September 3rd, 2007, 05:43 PM

eeeeeeeeeee.....mannei bi....sachchehein!

neels
September 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Anil... Now what I do.....??? Jo kuch bacha khucha tha bhi mere likhne k liye after naveen n satyeshwar's posts....you have written that...:(. Now whom I shud blame for being late here.......????:p:D

satyeshwar,, yes there's this kahawat,,, but well,there's one more... "Truth needs no explanation".:)

Well Dev Sir has raised a topic which ve confronted us sometimes earlier also here on JL, but not so directly.
well as the fellow members have cleared it very aptly, diplomacy is an art of using right words at right times. It shud'nt be mixed with hypocrisy n double standards. If a patient is very serious n the chances to save are rare, would it be right to tell him very straight forwardly that you abt to die, why wasting money now on treatment. so I guess there are many situations in life, where we need to play with our words very artisticly, so that other person may not be hurt by our words.At such times, one need to be empathtic, rather than being sympathetic or staright forward.
Of course one shud nt be hypocrite, n shud nt b using double standards.. tht definitely becomes obvious and bring differences amongst people.
Well at times one need to be assertive also, has to put one's foot down, and shud have the courage to call a spade a spade..... but I personally feel that this all also can be done politely, rather than being agitated.
But here comes the last point,,, persoanlity differences.... individuals differ largely on various personality traits. Being cool or hot tempered is ones temperament, which is mostly inherited. On a no. of other traits also, One person can be Forthright, while other can be shrewd, one can be affected by feelings n hence reactive, while other can be emotinally stable. One may be tough minded, other being sensitive,, similarly Self assured- apprehensive; uncontrolled-controlled; reserved-outgoing; trusting-suspicious;;;; etc etc... are various traits of personality set on a continuum. one may stand at any level of any given particulat trait. And these personality traits definitely influence one's ways of behavior.

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Now whom I shud blame for being late here.......????:p:D

Doctor Sahiba ji aap navin bhai ko blame kar sakti ho ! :D I dont mind :p Infact i do not mind at all !:p:D:o

anilsinghd
September 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
If a patient is very serious n the chances to save are rare, would it be right to tell him very straight forwardly that you abt to die, why wasting money now on treatment. so I guess there are many situations in life, where we need to play with our words very artisticly, so that other person may not be hurt by our words.

Awe , so beautiful a example to sum it up ! :)

neels
September 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I forgot to add one thing, some people have this tendency to uselessly manipulate whatever they say, they ll be alws be telling things differently to different individuals;; and I cud never make it for what reason they do so? Perhaps they try to please everyone with their false loyality, while they are loyal to none! And I guess everyone faces such individuals in their lives, and this is where we start hating this word diplomacy. This kinda useless manipulation will lead a man no where except disliking from everyone in the end.
But for such reasons also I strongly feel, one can show one's clear picture to him/her, no need to disgrace it publicly with heated words. I mean it can be handled at one's own hand only.
As well If some people keep their calm, speak politely to all, then its not necessary that all are diplomatic, or they are timid or coward and are trying to be diplomatic to save their poor souls; nor it should be taken as that they are decieving or misleading others, nor they are afraid of showing their real selves,,,, rather that's their real self. If some people think that either you should be audacious OR you are hypocrite n timid, then I wud say, IT'S A MYTH.
People genuinely can also be good, not to all but certainly to a good extent. Audacity is not the only tool to be honest, straightforward, and inside out.

devdahiya
September 4th, 2007, 08:02 AM
well as the fellow members have cleared it very aptly, diplomacy is an art of using right words at right times. It shud'nt be mixed with hypocrisy n double standards. If a patient is very serious n the chances to save are rare, would it be right to tell him very straight forwardly that you abt to die, why wasting money now on treatment. so I guess there are many situations in life, where we need to play with our words very artisticly..................QUOTED Dr NEELAM;

So very true Doctor sahiba........You know the difference very well.Thanks for the inputs!

Straightforwardness defined: Simple,Honest and Frank Behaviour without tact or twisting of the tongue.......Here SUBJECT is in focus[but may have an indirect message/good for the object or might have been propelled by the very habit of standing by the truth irrespective of the consequences for either the SUBJECT or the OBJECT] Here OUTCOME is not pre-concieved.

Diplomacy defined: Tactful handling of affairs,a skill to help deal with others importantly in delicate situations.In other words it is an art of public behaviour where in the INTUTIVE PERCEPTION to say/do right thing at right time as per the demand of the situation in the larger interest of a few or many,irrespective of what the personal opinion of the SUBJECT on that particular matter might be.............HERE OBJECT/OUTCOME is in focus and the prime concern here is not the truth or standing by it but the larger interest of a group percieved to be in focus and as such diplomacy can take the shelter of lies or truth whichever suits the sitution in that given scenario.Here OUTCOME is very much pre-concieved/well thought out.

anilsinghd
September 4th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Here comes the expert comments and the precise definitions :)

And pretty elaborative definitions as well !

Thanks Dev ji for enlightening us :)

Maniisha
September 4th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Straightforwardness defined: Simple,Honest and Frank Behaviour without tact or twisting of the tongue.......Here SUBJECT is in focus[but may have an indirect message/good for the object or might have been propelled by the very habit of standing by the truth irrespective of the consequences for either the SUBJECT or the OBJECT] Here OUTCOME is not pre-concieved.

Diplomacy defined: Tactful handling of affairs,a skill to help deal with others importantly in delicate situations.In other words it is an art of public behaviour where in the INTUTIVE PERCEPTION to say/do right thing at right time as per the demand of the situation in the larger interest of a few or many,irrespective of what the personal opinion of the SUBJECT on that particular matter might be.............HERE OBJECT/OUTCOME is in focus and the prime concern here is not the truth or standing by it but the larger interest of a group percieved to be in focus and as such diplomacy can take the shelter of lies or truth whichever suits the sitution in that given scenario.Here OUTCOME is very much pre-concieved/well thought out.

In my opinion straighforwardness is being what you are or to say just being oneself where the outcomes are not well planned rather they are instantaneous and the end results doesnt matters much.Whereas being diplomatic needs taxing of brains and talking in favour of situation so that it works positively for us.

neels
September 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Very well Defined n Explained Sir.

cooljat
September 6th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Very well enlightened Neels :) I agree with u here! :)

Well, You can be fortright as well as soft-spoken, this is the diplomacy according to me...One should solve the issue or convey the message being gentle first, it often helps n saves ur enegery too!!

But sometimes when Diplomacy tend to get unsuccessful.....than u gotta be frank n forthright that too in Jats way ... it always helps ;)

Read some where ... Jats way : When All Fails Latth Prevails!! :cool: :cool:

so matter of the fact....Jats shud learn diplomacy!! it'll certainly be benifitial for the commuity in a big way....so be flexible be verstaile in approach :) :)

Rock on
Jit

satyeshwar,, yes there's this kahawat,,, but well,there's one more... "Truth needs no explanation".:)

well as the fellow members have cleared it very aptly, diplomacy is an art of using right words at right times. It shud'nt be mixed with hypocrisy n double standards. If a patient is very serious n the chances to save are rare, would it be right to tell him very straight forwardly that you abt to die, why wasting money now on treatment. so I guess there are many situations in life, where we need to play with our words very artisticly, so that other person may not be hurt by our words.At such times, one need to be empathtic, rather than being sympathetic or staright forward.
Of course one shud nt be hypocrite, n shud nt b using double standards.. tht definitely becomes obvious and bring differences amongst people.
Well at times one need to be assertive also, has to put one's foot down, and shud have the courage to call a spade a spade..... but I personally feel that this all also can be done politely, rather than being agitated.
But here comes the last point,,, persoanlity differences.... individuals differ largely on various personality traits. Being cool or hot tempered is ones temperament, which is mostly inherited. On a no. of other traits also, One person can be Forthright, while other can be shrewd, one can be affected by feelings n hence reactive, while other can be emotinally stable. One may be tough minded, other being sensitive,, similarly Self assured- apprehensive; uncontrolled-controlled; reserved-outgoing; trusting-suspicious;;;; etc etc... are various traits of personality set on a continuum. one may stand at any level of any given particulat trait. And these personality traits definitely influence one's ways of behavior.

devdahiya
September 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Very well enlightened Neels :) I agree with u here! :)

Well, You can be fortright as well as soft-spoken, this is the diplomacy according to me...One should solve the issue or convey the message being gentle first, it often helps n saves ur enegery too!!

But sometimes when Diplomacy tend to get unsuccessful.....than u gotta be frank n forthright that too in Jats way ... it always helps ;)

Read some where ... Jats way : When All Fails Latth Prevails!! :cool: :cool:

so matter of the fact....Jats shud learn diplomacy!! it'll certainly be benifitial for the commuity in a big way....so be flexible be verstaile in approach :) :)

Rock on
Jit

Valid point made.Jat should learn a bit of Diplomacy and start indulging in community work as that is the best situation to use diplomacy.Aapas mein ek dussre ke saath na karo tou achha...wahan tou imandaar akka Straightte theek se...Nahin jeetu?

cooljat
September 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Bilkool Theek Kaka [:)]

aapas main to frank n forthright hi rehna theek ss.....waise bhi Jats ne sidhi aur sachi baat hi samaj main aawe ss :cool: :cool:

Lekin kintu parantu, Diplomacy ka baan bhi tarkash main hona hi chaiye....cuz its wild n wicked world out there....n to survive in the world full of genle evils, hypocrates, opportunists, mitthi chhurris we need to learn diplomacy but not on the cost of the fundamental principles like Honesty, kindness, truthfullness etc!!

wat u say kaks??

Rock on
Jit
Valid point made.Jat should learn a bit of Diplomacy and start indulging in community work as that is the best situation to use diplomacy.Aapas mein ek dussre ke saath na karo tou achha...wahan tou imandaar akka Straightte theek se...Nahin jeetu?

anilsinghd
September 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Lekin kintu parantu, Diplomacy ka baan bhi tarkash main hona hi chaiye....cuz its wild n wicked world out there....n to survive in the world full of genle evils, hypocrates, opportunists, mitthi chhurris we need to learn diplomacy but not on the cost of the fundamental principles like Honesty, kindness, truthfullness etc!!

wat u say kaks??

Rock on
Jit

With due regards , i have a few objections to make Jit :)

Your words " Diplomacy ka baan bhi tarkash main hona hi chaiye....cuz its wild n wicked world out there " and " to survive in the world full of genle evils, hypocrates, opportunists, mitthi chhurris we need to learn diplomacy "
defeat the very essence of the discussion we have had on this thread.
As mentioned by Dr. Neelam . Dev ji and myself , diplomacy is an art and is not really only for the purposes that u r conveying through this post of yours :)

The example of the patient by Dr. Neelam , i guess shud have clarified the whole thing but i believe u did not happen to read that or pay enough attention to it :)
There is a lot of positivity about Diplomacy and we all must appreciate that !

And yours words " but not on the cost of the fundamental principles like Honesty, kindness, truthfullness etc!! " again defeat the efforts of the posts of the worthy members.
There is nothing like a second or third overtone about Diplomacy ! It si also a very fundamental concept and a positive one too.
Let us not confuse the popular menaing with the acual one. If at some point in future many start saying that honesty is the worst policy then surely we are not gonna agree to it ! Or would we ?
So the way diplomacy is contrued these days is surely not right !
The whole purpose of the discussion is to put back the actual sense and hope now u r clear in your mind , else we can discuss it further :)

cooljat
September 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hi!! Anil bhai :)

Objection Sustained ;):p:)

I'm kinda sorry but really had no intention to defeat the very essence of the discussion :)

My views here bout the very discusson was only in Jat context.....I agree to the fact that Diplomacy is an art n appreciate ur views but u replied here in broad spectrum n I somewhat shrinked it to Jat context only!!!

Ab Jat ko to sidhi aur sachi baat hi samaj main aawe ss....aur mere dimag main jitna gyaan tha Diplomacy ke baare main vo sab kimme likh diya urre!!

It was all my view n u have right to disagree with me :)

Thanks for enlightening....its kinda learnin exp to read all ur thoughts!!

keep risin':)

Rock on
Jit

With due regards , i have a few objections to make Jit :)

Your words " Diplomacy ka baan bhi tarkash main hona hi chaiye....cuz its wild n wicked world out there " and " to survive in the world full of genle evils, hypocrates, opportunists, mitthi chhurris we need to learn diplomacy "
defeat the very essence of the discussion we have had on this thread.
As mentioned by Dr. Neelam . Dev ji and myself , diplomacy is an art and is not really only for the purposes that u r conveying through this post of yours :)

The example of the patient by Dr. Neelam , i guess shud have clarified the whole thing but i believe u did not happen to read that or pay enough attention to it There is a lot of positivity about Diplomacy and we all must appreciate that !

And yours words " but not on the cost of the fundamental principles like Honesty, kindness, truthfullness etc!! " again defeat the efforts of the posts of the worthy members.
There is nothing like a second or third overtone about Diplomacy ! It si also a very fundamental concept and a positive one too.
Let us not confuse the popular menaing with the acual one. If at some point in future many start saying that honesty is the worst policy then surely we are not gonna agree to it ! Or would we ?
So the way diplomacy is contrued these days is surely not right !
The whole purpose of the discussion is to put back the actual sense and hope now u r clear in your mind , else we can discuss it further :)

anilsinghd
September 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hi!! Anil bhai :)

Objection Sustained ;):p:)

I'm kinda sorry but really had no intention to defeat the very essence of the discussion :)

My views here bout the very discusson was only in Jat context.....I agree to the fact that Diplomacy is an art n appreciate ur views but u replied here in broad spectrum n I somewhat shrinked it to Jat context only!!!

Ab Jat ko to sidhi aur sachi baat hi samaj main aawe ss....aur mere dimag main jitna gyaan tha Diplomacy ke baare main vo sab kimme likh diya urre!!

It was all my view n u have right to disagree with me :)

Thanks for enlightening....its kinda learnin exp to read all ur thoughts!!

keep risin':)

Rock on
Jit

Thanks for taking it in the spirit of the discussion :)

I truly appreciate that !

LEt me say your favos :)

Rock on ! :)