PDA

View Full Version : India are the Twenty20 World Cup Champs!!!

shailendra
September 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Alrighty, people (minus Jeetu, heh! heh! ;))… the first 20-20 world cup tournament has started in South Africa, with the hosts playing West-Indies even as we speak (those of you who are watching live can probably see how exciting this new form of the game is!)
India and Pakistan are in the same group-D, and the best thing about this new style is that there are absolutely no favourites! It is more like winning the lotto!]

I can tell you that pretty much this new style of game has taken some of the cricketing world by storm. It is a whole new ball game, an enhancement of the one day game to make the game fast, furious and instant (most important; instant gratification is the name of the game) really to compete with the other popular and faster sports versions like Football, Baseball and soccer.
I guess the intent is also to effect the brining a new audience to the sport that have traditionally viewed cricket as ‘boring’ and too slow of a game (last’s a day? Last’s FIVE days???).

There is absolutely no doubt that this version is full of action and appealing to the younger crowd. The purists of the game don't like it, but if it brings large crowds to watch cricket, it has to be good for the game overall.

For those of you who are not too familiar with the rules, here is a quickie summary…

20-Twenty Cricket Rules
By the way, and just so that you know; These are general rules, which are being modified over time and there might be some small variations that could be used in this tournament in South-Africa. (other members that know more on the rules, please feel free to add update!)

· Twenty overs per side.
· Bowlers are restricted to 4 overs each.
· Fielding restrictions in the first six overs - 2 fielders outside circle with a minimum of two stationary fielders.
· Fielding restrictions for overs 7-20 - maximum five fielders allowed outside of circle.
· A 'no-ball' is worth 2 runs, and the batsman gets a free hit after a no-ball.
· Each side has just 80 minutes to get through their 20 overs. There is 15 minutes between innings.
· There are run penalties for each over which hasn't been bowled in the allocated time.
· The next batsman has 90 second after the fall of a wicket to get to the crease

raj2rif
September 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Dear Shailendra Ji,

Thanks a lot for posting the rules. Where is it available live?

What is a "STATIONARY FIELDER?",

I am sure it is going to be exiting. However I feel, it might be just to favorable to batsman. Bowlers might have to come up with some thing special. I only hope that most younger people don't start avoiding bowling.

Keep posting.

shailendra
September 12th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Dear Shailendra Ji,

Thanks a lot for posting the rules. Where is it available live?

What is a "STATIONARY FIELDER?",

I am sure it is going to be exiting. However I feel, it might be just to favorable to batsman. Bowlers might have to come up with some thing special. I only hope that most younger people don't start avoiding bowling.

Keep posting.

Col saab, in these times you don't really need to wait for the Dish or Direct TV networks to beam it live for you...there are a whole bunch of online sites that will stream the video live!
But of course they are pay-per-view and most of them will charge a sum (not exoribatant at all) for watching it.

I personally have been watching these matches on www.willow.tv and quite staisfied by the live streaming that they have to offer. All you would need to do is log on, register and then pick any of the matches they have to offer (which is pretty much everything that is going on anywhere)...

Of course there is a little test video on there that you would be prompted to click on and try first to make sure that your computer system supports the streaming video they have to offer.
Believe me the video is pretty good, and even better than TV for some.

The best thing is that when you buy a match, it also allows you replays etc. and you can pretty much drag the mouse and watch stuff later at any point of the game.

As to that 'stationary' fielder thingy; I am guessing it is to do with how much area they can cover, meaning probably just move back or towards the pitch maximum and not sideways, allowing the batsman to hit in the gaps.... (I think! those rules I posted from a website... so it is an educational process for me too... I hoping to catch more of these matches to get a better understanding)

I agree that the new twenty-20 format does look more batsmen friendly (but seriously; when was it not?...) and frankly I think people do come to see high scoring matches, and even though some baller friendly pitches will create amazing bowling and bowled-outs, swinging and catching... 'audience' in general tend to go dissappointed if there are no hard hitting sixes and fours...
SO in any case please so remember that the very first reason this format was created was to draw in the crowds! (and to even create the support and viewing for the game in non-playing nations; especially here in America etc.)... and hence sponsorship, and MONEY!

...But Man, if today's match was anything to go by....it is mayhem out there...there was supposedly a carnival atmosphere (was just reading the live text updates) with the crowd going wild! and I don't even have statistics on how many fours, and sixes were hit!!!...
The West-Indians made 204 or something (in 20 overs! That is like an average of 10!) and the South Africans overtook that score!!! :eek:

rahul_malik23
September 12th, 2007, 06:02 AM
I think 'stationary' fielders are those who can't move once the bowler starts run-up. (For ex - Fwd Short-Leg/Silly point or Slip fielders).
The rule is that these Stationary fielders should be in 15 yards from batsman crease.

cooljat
September 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM
hehehehehe:p:D;):cool::rolleyes::):D
Super Shail bro...I like ur sense of humor!!! :)

Enjoy!!!

Rock on
Jit

Alrighty, people (minus Jeetu, heh! heh! ;))…

deepakchoudhry
September 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
20/20 is great, This is ECB's invention.

It has revived cricket in England.

Normally organised in the evenings as it will people encourage people to go after work.

I have been to couple of games (don't live far from Rose Bowl) and its fantastic.

Shail come down to UK, we can certainly organise something.:)

shailendra
September 13th, 2007, 01:09 AM
...Amazing! this is what I am talking about!
Zimbabwe beat Australia!!! by five wickets!...

... They bundle Australia out for 138!...more specially so because Australia who had batted first were actually made to be down 19 runs for 3 wickets, with all the big guys back into the dug-out (the concept of the whole team sitting in this covered bench area at the edge of the field; just like a soccer game is so cool....why? because the next batsman has to get on the pitch within 15 seconds!) One can see the coach's walking around with the worried look like in all these other sports.....
Guys, I mean.... this is historic! To imagine we are right there when something big is happening and new, path-breaking rules about a great game is being re-written!!!.........

Anyways, back to my point about the great Australians having to bow down to the (poor dark horses) Zimbabwians; that is one for the twenty-20 game!!! Cheers!!!....

shailendra
September 13th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Shail come down to UK, we can certainly organise something.:)

I know man, yhaan USA mein to jaise kisi ko es great game kae baare mein pata hi nahee hai....... saari aan Football-football kara karein... (wa game jis mein 'ball' kae upar 'foot' ka estemaal bus kade-kade hi hua kare! Go figure! :rolleyes:)

shailendra
September 13th, 2007, 01:19 AM
hehehehehe:p
Super Shail bro...I like ur sense of humor!!! :)

Enjoy!!!

Rock on
Jit

Ha! Ha! Ha! :D :D :D
Aare per Jitu, tu ude kar kae rhya sai??? Tannae bera sai 'cricket' aale thread pae tera aana ban sai (tera aer Poonam ka bhi!)... ;)

Dekhya? Mannae bera tha, ake 'cricket' padhe pachche tu zaroor check karnae aawga....isileye tera naam phele hi likhh diya tha ude!... bera sai tu saangh nae gali mein roz cricket hi khela kare bakiyaan kae saath....ude buss yunhee es game nae badnaam karan laag rhya sai, kyun!?! :D

shailendra
September 13th, 2007, 01:36 AM
...But i will tell you something more... let not the Zimbabwe victory fool you as a flash in the pan, they did it by some accurate bowling BACKED by some SUPER FIELDING!!!...that people, is the key!

That is what worries me about India!!! The fielding!...

Agreed that this 20-20 is more a batsmen's format, but if you don't field well, you might as well not play!
Sure, You can have the best hitters and could even somewhat control the onslaught of opposing hitters with accurate bowling (yeah, as if we are safe in that department by any long chance!) but it is getting obvious that definitely good fielding, taking the catches (from the batsmen trying to hit sixes) stopping the four's and two's is also mucho important!

raj2rif
September 13th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Dear Members,

What a finish. Zimbabve stuns Australia. 20/20 format may give any team a chance to win on a given day, for margin or error is little.

With that in mind, who should play in first match for India. My choice would be as follows:

Sehwag,
Uthappa
I K Pathan (All Rounder)
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Rohit Sharma (All Rounder)
Joginder Sharma (All Rounder)
Y K Pathan (Spinner)
Piyush Chawla (Spinner)/ Harbhajan
RP Singh
Sreesanth
12th Man: Karthik

cooljat
September 13th, 2007, 11:06 AM
hehehe....eib Super Shail likhe aur chotta bhai naa pade ye kimme possible ss???:confused:
Nyways, Gali main 5-7 saal pehle ghanni Cricket khela karta main...I was a gud fast bowler then aur manne to team aale Walsh bola karte...:cool:;)

manne koi personal grudge naa ss Cricket se....lekin urre India main yo game jyada hi HYPED hai aur log sab kimme chhod ke Cricket-Cricket japne lag jaaya kare:rolleyes:

aur ye News Channel to kati RUN-BHUMI si bana diya kare hai matchs ke time....saara din cricket n its talks....fed up with all this crap!! :mad:

Nyways, 20-20 Cricket match is certainly a gud welcome step by ICC...isse atleast time to waste nahi hota aur excitment bhi bana rehta hai!!:):)

kaal thodi haan dekhya Zimbawbe-Australia ka match....kimme intresting sa laagya aur mazaa bhi aaya:D:p

Waise Im supporting New-Zealand team....lets see who wins !!

Rock on
Jit

Ha! Ha! Ha! Aare per Jitu, tu ude kar kae rhya sai??? Tannae bera sai 'cricket' aale thread pae tera aana ban sai (tera aer Poonam ka bhi!)... ;)

Dekhya? Mannae bera tha, ake 'cricket' padhe pachche tu zaroor check karnae aawga....isileye tera naam phele hi likhh diya tha ude!... bera sai tu saangh nae gali mein roz cricket hi khela kare bakiyaan kae saath....ude buss yunhee es game nae badnaam karan laag rhya sai, kyun!?!

deepshi
September 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
'baseballisation' of Cricket:),,hehe,,,more suited 4 d guys low on patience( (yours truly included:D)

Sans Shoaib Akhtar:(:(:(,,m totally besotted to him-since d earliest days-when he was a nobody,,irrespective of his conduct:D,4 me-biggest draw to dis game!!
wonder ---was dis only d perfect occasion 4 him2 hit d bat-on a fellow team player,,yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......???????????

il miss u.........:o

shailendra
September 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
'baseballisation' of Cricket:),,hehe,,,more suited 4 d guys low on patience( (yours truly included:D)

Sans Shoaib Akhtar:(:(:(,,m totally besotted to him-since d earliest days-when he was a nobody,,irrespective of his conduct:D,4 me-biggest draw to dis game!!
wonder ---was dis only d perfect occasion 4 him2 hit d bat-on a fellow team player,,yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......???????????

il miss u.........:o

Shoaib Akhtarrr??? Naheeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... yeh kya ke raye o Deeps!!!...

Ek to bigdael manas, upar sae 'Paki'!?!... Heh! Heh! Just kidding there!
But on a serious note: I think he has bigger problems then insubordination; the fact that he was accused (rightly or wrongly) of sports drug abuse to my mind is a bigger 'kalank' whichever way you look at it... sports personality once associated with such charges can seldom replace their lost reputation in the real sporting world.
I mean now how many times now when he thundering down the run-up (if he does manage a comeback after what is happening with him right now) would the opposing teams not snigger and smirk..."is he doped right now/ is he not???"

Yeah, I think "baseballization" is such an appropriate term for this new format of Twenty20.... whatvere it may be, I think it is here to stay! The excitement of these matches is worth watching!...

And to think that now BCCI itself went ahead and unveiled a 'Indian Premier Leauge' which has to do with the twenty20 style of games, domestic and international.... :rolleyes:

deepshi
September 14th, 2007, 06:36 AM
naheeeeeeeeeee......
well, v r nt here 2 award charc. certificates--r we?:)
its jus dat hes a fireball,,thunderin storm,,mesmerising, captivating, trance-inducing,,sweeps n blows me off!:cool:
aint dat enuf 4 me?
haha

well,,the series is turnin out 2 b full of surprises--minnows rulin till...

Shoaib Akhtarrr??? Naheeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... yeh kya ke raye o Deeps!!!...

Ek to bigdael manas, upar sae 'Paki'!?!... Heh! Heh! Just kidding there!
But on a serious note: I think he has bigger problems then insubordination; the fact that he was accused (rightly or wrongly) of sports drug abuse to my mind is a bigger 'kalank' whichever way you look at it... sports personality once associated with such charges can seldom replace their lost reputation in the real sporting world.
I mean now how many times now when he thundering down the run-up (if he does manage a comeback after what is happening with him right now) would the opposing teams not snigger and smirk..."is he doped right now/ is he not???"

Yeah, I think "baseballization" is such an appropriate term for this new format of Twenty20.... whatvere it may be, I think it is here to stay! The excitement of these matches is worth watching!...

And to think that now BCCI itself went ahead and unveiled a 'Indian Premier Leauge' which has to do with the twenty20 style of games, domestic and international.... :rolleyes:

itsnavin
September 14th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Just read the new...Dravid has resigned as Indian captain..

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/310880.html

What's up? Who's in the line? Decks cleared for Yuvraj?

vairesatendra
September 14th, 2007, 02:28 PM
A bit surprised over the resignation of Dravid...

But surely Yuvraj is not the next...Probably Sachin may be the Front-Runner for the Post...Lets c wht develops...

shailendra
September 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM
naheeeeeeeeeee......
well, v r nt here 2 award charc. certificates--r we?:)
its jus dat hes a fireball,,thunderin storm,,mesmerising, captivating, trance-inducing,,sweeps n blows me off!:cool:
aint dat enuf 4 me?

Oh then you must be mistaking this thread for 'Cricket's pin-up boys gone wild!' ;)

Of course yaar Deeps, this is sports discussion after all... that too arguably about the most gentlemenly of all sports; CRICKET! Fortunately-Unfortunately Character does play a huge role in one's standing in this mother of all sports, at least among the genuine cricket lovers.....

The guy is supposedly a performance enhancer drug abuser! Period...so he can now be a fireball, thundering storm, some Rawalpindi express, for all one cares... if all he just had had was a big shot of steriods up his...few minutes before he is 'thundering' down the run-up!!!...:rolleyes:
[But then again, I may be quite bajaoing a faltu ki been here; of course you see, I am just a guy myself and rate him as a sportsperson, nothing else.... rest of course everyone else is free to get their highs on any thining, long haired, dope-eyed Paki if it does it for them! :D]

I gotta warn you though, this guy is a goner...would be very surprised if he makes a come back from here on... in any case; you and me.. we shall continue this discussion for that time, watch out for the space!

How's Aussie land; so have you switched loyalties to them or still rooting for the boys in blue!?!

shailendra
September 14th, 2007, 09:11 PM
A bit surprised over the resignation of Dravid...

But surely Yuvraj is not the next...Probably Sachin may be the Front-Runner for the Post...Lets c wht develops...

Yes, Dravids resignation was a little out of the blue; but maybe not so surprising...The dude was going down the tubes on his much vaunted batting skills, so maybe this would help him shrugg off the extra responsibility and get back on his game!

Plus come on; with all due respect the guy was just an okay captain to my mind in fact...his inability to enforce the follow-on on down on the matt England proves my point, not to mention his lack of killing extinct that is so much needed (more so on the one day format)...
So maybe this is actually a blessing in disguise for everyone; him, the team and the Indian fans!

Of course the discussion about finding the right successor would be an interesting and difficult one... though maybe BCCI and selectors should think of going down the route of the other nations and their successful model of appointing actually a Test match and One day captain seperately (just like the teams are also different for either nowadays)...because after all it is a different 'ball' game altogether!

shailendra
September 14th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Pakistan is making mince-meat out of us right now! just 9 runs- for 2 wickets already!!!... this is not good at all... Shewag (yeah, so he used to be considered a master blaster at some point in time) is clean bowled after hitting a four off his first ball, same useless gifting away and so much so for getting a shocker of being left out of the Test and one day teams! Some people never know how to take the opportunity into their hands!!!....vey sad indeed!

shailendra
September 15th, 2007, 01:12 AM
A Tie! A tie! Everyone, it's A tie with Pakistan!!!... Can you believe that? We just made 141, and then actually held the Paki's to a tie of the score on the LAST BALL!!!?!!!
My goodness gracious! Oh my giddy aunt! Blue Blistering barnacles! Rumbing Red-riding Hood!... I am certainly gonna have to eat my words here!!!...This was the most exciting match I have ever seen! A Twenty20 tie!??! Gosh, what are the chances of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... ....

To think team India would actually have it in them to be such cut-throats to hold the other team (like Pakistan) to a tie!?! This young side is making me eat my words (and gosh, am I happy for that!)

We now have something called a 'BOWL-OUT'....have to see what this is all about! [something to do like a penalty shoot-out in soccer) or something.... five bolwers from each side shall bowl on the stumps (?) and the side with the most hits, wins??? Can't sure if I wanna watch this.... oh this is heart-numbing!

Wonder who is gonna win???????????????? :confused:

YES!!! We Win! We Win! All our bowlers (including Utthapa, Shewag) hit the stumps while none (read that again, none) of the first four ballers from the Paki's hit!
Amazing.... there gotta be some news of heart-attacks from the sub-continent...You can't beat that rush!

See the pictures below from the tricolour COLORS on the ground, and the team going estatic after the tie (the Bowl-out is yet to start in this picture)

sjakhars
September 15th, 2007, 01:21 AM
and India wins "bowl out
India is still unbeaten by Pakistan in cricket world cups, may it be ODIs or Twenty20. :)

Congrats to team India and well done Dhoni for choosing nonregular bowlers. Dhoni did not choose his fast bolwer as its hard to bowl without rhythm and his decision was proven excellent. Shoab Malik choose his fast bowlers and lost it.
It was an thrilling match I have ever seen. A great match and this is why India-Pakistan matches are so popular all over the world. They are capable of losing won matches. At one point Pakistan was on the top when India was tottering at 36/4 and then India was on the top when Afridi was out but still more drama was to come. Agarkar gives away 17 runs in second last over and two boundaries by a bowler not by a batsman. Misbah-Ul-Haq could not make 1 run out of last two balls.
What a finish by Sreesanth.

deepshi
September 15th, 2007, 04:51 AM
yeah exactly,,,discussion was jus off-topic!
bt stil it lent sum chutzpah 2 dis thread:D

n well, yes, still rootin 4 men in blue-forever will!:)
Oh then you must be mistaking this thread for 'Cricket's pin-up boys gone wild!' ;)

Of course yaar Deeps, this is sports discussion after all... that too arguably about the most gentlemenly of all sports; CRICKET! Fortunately-Unfortunately Character does play a huge role in one's standing in this mother of all sports, at least among the genuine cricket lovers.....

The guy is supposedly a performance enhancer drug abuser! Period...so he can now be a fireball, thundering storm, some Rawalpindi express, for all one cares... if all he just had had was a big shot of steriods up his...few minutes before he is 'thundering' down the run-up!!!...:rolleyes:
[But then again, I may be quite bajaoing a faltu ki been here; of course you see, I am just a guy myself and rate him as a sportsperson, nothing else.... rest of course everyone else is free to get their highs on any thining, long haired, dope-eyed Paki if it does it for them! :D]

I gotta warn you though, this guy is a goner...would be very surprised if he makes a come back from here on... in any case; you and me.. we shall continue this discussion for that time, watch out for the space!

How's Aussie land; so have you switched loyalties to them or still rooting for the boys in blue!?!

raj_rathee
September 15th, 2007, 05:20 AM
I think this bowl-out business is silly.
I'd much rather prefer extra overs to be played instead.

VPannu
September 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Cricket is not much more than time wastage for me so I refrained myself from posting in this thread. But couldnt anymore after what happened last night. Wonder one would ever be able to surpass or even emulate this feat. After a small tussle with Flintoff before the start of 19th over Yuvraj thought that let my willow have a word with the English and bang with the first ball untill the last it was Yuvraj all over the ground. Boy oh boy, what an over that was. For those who missed the action I have link for video here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bob85WbW8cU
Lets hope they come home with the Cup. Jai Hind:)
(PS: Dont forget to watch the face expressions of Broad, you'll see how a bowler would like after being hit for 6 sixes in an over. He is sooooo yava):D

devdahiya
September 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Cricket is not much more than time wastage for me so I refrained myself from posting in this thread. But couldnt anymore after what happened last night. Wonder one would ever be able to surpass or even emulate this feat. After a small tussle with Flintoff before the start of 19th over Yuvraj thought that let my willow have a word with the English and bang with the first ball untill the last it was Yuvraj all over the ground. Boy oh boy, what an over that was. For those who missed the action I have link for video here :
(PS: Dont forget to watch the face expressions of Broad, you'll see how a bowler would like after being hit for 6 sixes in an over. He is sooooo yava):D

TODAY it was Sehwag and Gambhir who shaped things for them..ofcourse Yuvi made the best of it...But Sehwag was delight.

deepshi
September 20th, 2007, 09:30 AM
hahaha
yava Broad!:(
well, actually 'Roniyaa',,,bt must say had sum guts- nyone else wud hv given in!;)
yeah such a treat it was watchin him blow the English!:):cool:
Gosh! it was mind-bowlin...err..blowin!!

andyjat
September 20th, 2007, 02:07 PM
It Was Treat To Watch

kabir
September 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Ek mard he cheh chhakke maar sakta hai;):p. Waisey courtesy Yuvraj, ab ham jatland pe cliched "men/women" talk ke bajayee, for a change, Chhakkon ki baat kar rahe hain. :D:D

shailendra
September 20th, 2007, 11:13 PM
That's it!?! End of India in this inaugral twenty20 cup, I guess!!?!!...
The top order again failed to deliever when it mattered!..(well, no use cribbing about spilt milk now...)
Surely 153 can't be enough to beat in 20 overs by the formidable South-Africans!...... I guess the thing to see would be about what margin do they thrash us by (and deposit us out of the tourney unceremoniously!)

Is it the end?... :(
I guess I head to the 'men get depressed' thread straight after this...........

shailendra
September 21st, 2007, 01:02 AM
I EAT MY WORDS! I eat my words!...Oh God, do I love eating my words like this......

Unbelieveable! Do you love this format, or DO YOU LOVE THIS FORMAT!!?!!

South Africa! On their home ground!.... Bolwed out for a paltry 116!!!! Imagine, we made a hardly even semi-respectable 153 against the formidable South Africans and they get bolwed out for 116 in 20 overs! Can there be any end to miracles on this format??? eh?....

YAAAAAA!!!

The South Africans not only lost this match, but (get this) are out of the Tourney! YES! We the Indians have thrown the South Africans (hosts) out of the World Cup!!!...
They needed a minimum of of 125 to make in their 20 overs to stay in the cup, and WE BOWLED THEM OUT for 116!!!

Side notes for interested parties; India were a paltry 33 for 3 in the fifth over (Shewag 11, Gambhir 19 and Karthik 0)! Yuvraj never played in this match due to injury, and Dhoni had a back injury apparently and Uthappa was wicket-keeping instead (and stumped two batsmen!)

neels
September 21st, 2007, 01:11 AM
That's it!?! End of India in this inaugral twenty20 cup, I guess!!?!!...
(and deposit us out of the tourney unceremoniously!)

Is it the end?... :(
I guess I head to the 'men get depressed' thread straight after this...........

NO NO.. No end... Dhoni guys made it to semi finals... wow a game worth watching it was... thrashed SA by 37 runs.... BRAVO>.. LOUD CLAPPING for them.....
KEEP IT UP GUYS !!!

vairesatendra
September 21st, 2007, 02:13 AM
I EAT MY WORDS! I eat my words!...Oh God, do I love eating my words like this......

Unbelieveable! Do you love this format, or DO YOU LOVE THIS FORMAT!!?!!

South Africa! On their home ground!.... Bolwed out for a paltry 116!!!! Imagine, we made a hardly even semi-respectable 153 against the formidable South Africans and they get bolwed out for 116 in 20 overs! Can there be any end to miracles on this format??? eh?....

YAAAAAA!!!

The South Africans not only lost this match, but (get this) are out of the Tourney! YES! We the Indians have thrown the South Africans (hosts) out of the World Cup!!!...
They needed a minimum of of 125 to make in their 20 overs to stay in the cup, and WE BOWLED THEM OUT for 116!!!

Side notes for interested parties; India were a paltry 33 for 3 in the fifth over (Shewag 11, Gambhir 19 and Karthik 0)! Yuvraj never played in this match due to injury, and Dhoni had a back injury apparently and Uthappa was wicket-keeping instead (and stumped two batsmen!)

Hey bro...Just hold on...Hold your nerve...:eek::D

deepshi
September 21st, 2007, 05:01 AM
1st six by Uthappa..wow..
n dis Graeme Smith is such a poor fielder...pivotal misses! two in a row!
didnt even 'pretend' to dive!
haha

deepshi
September 21st, 2007, 05:40 AM
Jonty Rhodes was literally banging his head against d pavilion wall:eek::p
haha watchin n squirming 4 d poor display of fielding!
n well, India sort of carried away NZealand in its arms!2 d semifinals!;)

kabir
September 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM
It's anybody's game. I m for an India-Pak summit clash though. After their debacle in the West Indies, the two sides need to atone themseleves.

itsnavin
September 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM
No comments till IND-AUS semifinal meet.

It's really a special thing about Aussies in the crunch games..they just intimidate the other team. The same happened with SriLanka the otherday. And many more times earlier. If Indians could hold their nerves, no wonder Aussies would be falling like the South Africans...Good luck India!

RP's bowling was beyond anything...Stunning catch by Kartik..great run out by Rohit...and never forget Smith's thobda.

deepshi
September 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
well, 2 key matches 2day--plannin 2 catch-:)-bt actualy they r telecast here at such an odd hour-2a.m.(2 catch it Live)
na din k rahey na raat k! its alwaz so:(
i donno their fixation wid dis 2a.m. !!

devdahiya
September 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
well, 2 key matches 2day--plannin 2 catch-:)-bt actualy they r telecast here at such an odd hour-2a.m.(2 catch it Live)
na din k rahey na raat k! its alwaz so:(

BEBEY nyu karriye KOFFI ke 2 jug bhar liye arr saari raat chusski liyein jaiye arr Ball by ball match dekhiye...hey-2-2...batta diya na rasta?

VPannu
September 22nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
Time chaahe kuchh bhi ho, aapne dekhne te fer bhi sein.;) kyu bina baat bahaane maaro ho:p.
arr 2 AM te saanjh hoya kare, ak galat kahi?:rolleyes::D

deepshi
September 22nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
haha
Pannu buddy tanne te mere saarey schedule ka bera sai!!:D
hehe
well, i was cribbin jus 4 d sake of criibin!;)
2a.m. jus suits me well! arr aajkaal tu na thyaata--uu din pacchey:p:D

n welll Dev kaku-maine coffe kaafi fail kar rakhi sain--inbuilt coffee machines hain!haha:D

Time chaahe kuchh bhi ho, aapne dekhne te fer bhi sein.;) kyu bina baat bahaane maaro ho:p.
arr 2 AM te saanjh hoya kare, ak galat kahi?:rolleyes::D

yashbeniwal
September 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
deeps,,,,

kyun bakhawai sai tane aur kaam bhi k sai ,,,,,

thaali nai kaatde mundai er khaali nain thikane dhondai,,,:eek::confused::p

dekh le dekh le match ,, dekhan nai kaun naatai hai,,hahahha

haha
Pannu buddy tanne te mere saarey schedule ka bera sai!!:D
hehe
well, i was cribbin jus 4 d sake of criibin!;)
2a.m. jus suits me well! arr aajkaal tu na thyaata--uu din pacchey:p:D

n welll Dev kaku-maine coffe kaafi fail kar rakhi sain--inbuilt coffee machines hain!haha:D

deepshi
September 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Pak wins...
was an easy one!

kabir
September 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Seems we're heading for a 1999 world cup encore. Oz Vs Pak in the final. I am having this hunch that we are gonna get a big-time thrashing tonight.

deepshi
September 22nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
tumhaarey muu sey gossey hi niklengey-:p:(-hehe
vesey i calld up my bro at India--he was jokin--aaj to tera match hai!:D
i askd bata tu jeetega ya main!!
haha

orr tum-bitoddey---supportin Aussies-vesey tumhe kabhi 'hunches' nahi hotey!:rolleyes:

Seems we're heading for a 1999 world cup encore. Oz Vs Pak in the final. I am having this hunch that we are gonna get a big-time thrashing tonight.

kabir
September 22nd, 2007, 10:46 PM

Yum yum..burp...burp (I am busy eating my words).

deepshi
September 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
hehe
i fear ul hv 2 eat a lot of them!
India 188. Yuvraj again on fire...gone berserk;):D

lets see now--u never know!!
n well, thnx:)
Yum yum..burp...burp (I am busy eating my words).

neels
September 23rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
CHAK DE INDIA............

Dhoni n team made it to Finals.... Greattt !!!

This win was must.. nt only for the team India only.. but to outcast the monoply of Aussies also in Cricket

Ohhhh M so happy.... :):):)

CONGRATS INDIA...!!!

deepshi
September 23rd, 2007, 12:49 AM
India won:)
bowlers were jus over d top
its rare 2 c hvin so much control on d wickets in d last overs!!

neels
September 23rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Now its turn of Pakistan.

pnauhwar21
September 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
For those outside india, watch 20-20 online for free (India Pakistan only now) :

http://www.123onlinemovies.com/2007/09/watch-live-cricket-online-free-link2.html

You will have to download TVU player - this link is in the page itself.. Not perfect streaming speed but free mein badhiya hai :)

shailendra
September 23rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
Biff! Bang!! Boom!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
TAKE THAT... England! South-Africa!! Australia!!!... and Men in BLUE moving on! Next!!! ;)

vairesatendra
September 23rd, 2007, 01:55 AM
Now I am dead sure...India will be lifting the T20 World Cup this time !:)

vairesatendra
September 23rd, 2007, 01:56 AM
For those outside india, watch 20-20 online for free (India Pakistan only now) :

http://www.123onlinemovies.com/2007/09/watch-live-cricket-online-free-link2.html

You will have to download TVU player - this link is in the page itself.. Not perfect streaming speed but free mein badhiya hai :)

Thanks for the link Bro !:)

VPannu
September 23rd, 2007, 02:28 AM
India won:)
bowlers were jus over d top
aapne issa kaam kar raakhya hai ak Eyes glued to the TVset, hands to the keyboard:D Ravi Shastri ki dhaala ball-by-ball commentary kar di katti;). par sach bataao 1 baar te mann mein dukkh jaruur hoya hoga AUS ki haar ka:o:p
All the best to team India and many congrats for the win. Hope they will repeat this when they come over here:)

shailendra
September 23rd, 2007, 03:09 AM
...some brief words inbetween all the insanity (and do I love this insanity! Let's just go completely crazy! ;))... and that is-

MS Dhoni is turning out to be a good choice as a Captain for the short version of the game! ...If you haven't noticed people...This young team India seems to be suddenly playing 'his own' brand of cricket; FEARLESS and gutsy!

I am sure you would say that it is just easier said after the result of the game, but tell me if I am wrong in saying that it was real change to see the team's attitude going in as they were against the World Champs; the Indians looked totally unfazed, unintimidated, and almsot carefree... concentrating on their game, playing good cricket, and keeping their nerves and the body language positive even when being hit around the ground (or having lost wickets when batting)....so really- THAT was quite A PLEASANT change from what we have really got used to recently!

That's the way guys, just do your stuff out there; reputations are nothing if you stick to your game!!!...
(and well, I am sorry to say this; but Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Kumble...you are not really being too sorely missed! In fact, I love this young team and their attitude!!!)

...and so to close this off really, I bow to thee Mr. Dhonee for bringing in the new attitude!!! :)

deepshi
September 23rd, 2007, 06:45 AM
altho its too early to say dat--bt till nw its been jus perfect!n yeah u r quite right-
during the presentation he said 'wen Bhupinder was about 2 bowl the last over, i was bit anxious n doubtful, bt i told him-luk buddy giv it ur best shot-dnt b apprehended ,duznt matter if v win or loose!'
this jus lifted off the pressure frm him( n obviously similarly he wud hv dealt wid others)

moreover, he turned out 2 b most blunt n honest in his comments:D, totally unlike the same monotonous, boring, diplomatic comments of his predecessors!:rolleyes:
...some brief words inbetween all the insanity (and do I love this insanity! Let's just go completely crazy! ;))... and that is-

MS Dhoni is turning out to be a good choice as a Captain for the short version of the game! ...If you haven't noticed people...This young team India seems to be suddenly playing 'his own' brand of cricket; FEARLESS and gutsy!

I am sure you would say that it is just easier said after the result of the game, but tell me if I am wrong in saying that it was real change to see the team's attitude going in as they were against the World Champs; the Indians looked totally unfazed, unintimidated, and almsot carefree... concentrating on their game, playing good cricket, and keeping their nerves and the body language positive even when being hit around the ground (or having lost wickets when batting)....so really- THAT was quite A PLEASANT change from what we have really got used to recently!

That's the way guys, just do your stuff out there; reputations are nothing if you stick to your game!!!...
(and well, I am sorry to say this; but Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Kumble...you are not really being too sorely missed! In fact, I love this young team and their attitude!!!)

...and so to close this off really, I bow to thee Mr. Dhonee for bringing in the new attitude!!! :)

shailendra
September 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
...Wanna share these two pictures with you all...

Both these 'symbolic' images from this Great Semi-Final with Australia just say it ALL!

It's like both team men seem to be going for the prized seat (in the FINALS), and watch the body language in either and both; Aussie's have the tense, worried look probably seen for the first time in a key match, and almost look desperate in each of the images... while in the same shot, same moment and same situation the Indian athletes look like some clinical 'Men in Blue' with an intense zeroed-in look that says "I know you may have the edge, but I am going for it Mate!"...

...so ENJOY the moment people and take a bow, know that the CRICKET WORLD is in awe of you at this very time!!!...

Immaterial of the 'suspense' leading to the Monday Final, when the battle axes come out again, and frankly that's shouldn't make a difference at least not right now...cause make no mistake- right now, right here, this is a moment to celeberate and savor!...

We just beat the favoured Champs at a world stage on a historic first cup twenty20 format, (immediately after knocking out the highly favoured Hosts South-Africa!) and by gosh no one is gonna take that away from us EVER!
Cheers!!! :)

neels
September 23rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Agree with Shailendra and Deepshi.

The best part to see in these 3 matches was that Indians didn't let the pressure overshadow n damage their game. Bowling always have been worst for them in the last overs wid runs overspilling.... here thou' it wasn't a very difficult target for aussies to reach even in the last overs... i mean it was just possible... but this Young Indian Team showed the best game,,, bowling, fielding, n everything very well balanced, with perfect combination of stress n performance... the optimal level.
Motivation n attitude are the most important for any success, and this spirit was obvious in team India n their Skipper.

ranvirsingh
September 23rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
What a Match! What a match! Wonderful! Just Wonderful! Can not ask for more!

Last three matches really took everyone with surprise. The team believes in itself and the results are coming.

Dhonee is a great captain...I was really happy the day he was chosen to lead India even in ODIs. Dravid was a useless defensive leader with timid and cautious approach. Well done Team India!

BTW- the so called favorites got a good feast in the twenty20, first Bangladesh, then Pakistan and in the end India, defeating the Aussies and showing them the door to go back home. I wonder how they were rated favorites till the semi final!!!

abhimanyusindhu
September 23rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Proteas for brkfast, Kangaroos for lunch

n

now Bakra for dinner :D:D

mukeshkumar007
September 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM
pata nai kyo aisa lag reha hai ki india haregi aaj :confused:

stokas
September 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM
"Pappa, poora match dekhne do naa aaj!!" (from 9.30 pm to 1 am or so!). This was the line from my elder son and the occasion was India-England T20 match! He was very much concerned about India that day! Although, being his 'Half Yearly' these days in school, I said, "Theek hai!". When England were playing their last overs, he said (being irritated), "England ko to harna hai, yeh hamein bhi marwaegi" "Why?" "NRR (Net Run Rate) ki problem ho jayegi India ko agle match mein!". I said "leave it yaar! aaj jeetne to de, baad ki baad mein dekhenge!"

Now, India-South Africa!! Being allowed to watch the full match again, my son asked, "Pappa, Yuvraj chhai (6) chhakke maar sakta hai?" (after he hit 4 sixes) "Sure, he will" and that's it! I wished two more things in that match 1) Rohit Sharma's Half-Century and 2) One good over from Joginder Sharma. One was fulfilled in the last over of Indian batting but not the other one:o I wanted this because both of them are newcomers and these wishes will highly motivate them. "Pappa, mae chahta hoon ke India-Pakistan ka final ho, aapko kya lagta hai??" "Hoga yaar, chinta matt kar".

Actually, my son is so much apprehensive during the matches that I have to support him every now and then (and sometimes - khamkhah)! (My 'this' son - who is wholeheartedly with Indian team and knows all the records etc. of cricket - is barely 16 years and in 11th std.)

Again, here's the mini-judgement day - India-Australia match. Whole of my family is watching! He asked me after 5 overs of Indian batting, "Aap ko kya lagta hai - India ke 150 ban jayenge?" My innerself said, "170 bete, chinta matt kar". While Australians started batting, I said "Lakshay, mujhe Australians last over mein 'struggle' karte dikh rahe hain!" (only to support my son and be himself 'tension' free!). "Pappa suno - Gilchrist aur Hassy bahut khatarnak player hain inke, hamare bowlers ko 'dho' ke rakh denge". I simply said, ''Dhone ke liye to 'Dhoni' hai - Gilchrist ki 'Gilli-Danda' bana denge arr 'Hansi tae Phansi'!! Again, "Inka to 'Brett Lee' bhi batting kar leta hai"! "Tension hai kya bete????"

Now - after the match was over - both of my sons (the other one is 11 years!) are trying to whistle, while one finger and the thumb in their mouths:D But haven't succeeded:( Why did they tried so?? Hey-Hey!! Just because I whistled it the same way!!!!!!!!!!:)

Yesterday, Mr. Lakshay again asked me, "Pappa, kal office jaaoge?" "Haan! Kyon?" "Kal 5 baje shuru hoga final aur waise bhi kal koi bhi office nahin jayegaa final ke chakkar mein" "Toh" "Aap bhi kal office matt jao naa!!!!!" "!!??????!!" "OK, Done bete" "Waise aap ko kya lagta hai - kal India jeet jayegi???" "Arrey, jitti padi hai - chinta manna karae!!!!"

Chak De India!!

stokas
September 24th, 2007, 11:07 AM

Haar-Jeet ki tension matt le Mukesh bhai!! Uske baare mein baad mein baat karenge!;)

The only thing here is - always be spirited, enlivened, gamey!!

cooljat
September 24th, 2007, 08:47 PM
India Has won the world cup
Hip Hup hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrray!!!!

India has done it!!!! Salutations n kudos to young guns of India!!!

Jai Hind!!! Chak de India!!!

But not to forget Indian Hockey Team they are also Aisan Champs!! :) :)

Rock on
Jit

neels
September 24th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Dhoni mader a history....
n it was very intersting match... thrilling.....

rst superman Shail will come with the heart capturing details....:)

deepshi
September 24th, 2007, 08:58 PM
breathtaking!!;):)

VPannu
September 24th, 2007, 09:01 PM
breathtaking!!;):)
Delete the above post please:p seems pessimistic to me
WE WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHAMPS, first ever , history is created.:)

deepakchoudhry
September 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world

shailendra
September 24th, 2007, 09:10 PM
....That's it! Six runs had been needed from four balls!...and they could not do it! The Paki's were made to choke on the last over! We got them ALL OUT!!! :eek:
(This should once and for all wipe the slate clean from the infamous six by the Paki's Javed Miandad on the last ball on Chetan Chauhan's bowling in Sharjah!) The Paki's choke again against India on a world format and when it counts the most! We are still the BETTER Team in the crunch ones against them!

Take a BOW, people! Take a bow!!!....We are the new Twenty20 Champs! The champions of a Historc first World Tourney in the Twenty20 style (and it is here to stay people, mark my words!) :D:D:D
So now we can boast of being the first ever on a Historic one, and like HOW! Beating everyone and then some...
...MS Dhoni can stand there right next to Kapil Dev on bringing a World Cup home!!!....

Dhoni and his boys kept their nerves! Oh my heart has to still stop thumping!!!

I wish I could change the title of this thread and instead of "Twenty20 Wrold Cup is on".....say "India are the Twenty20 World Cup Champs!"

Hey People, thanks to all of you who have been visiting this thread, posting their personal encouraging words, thoughts, discussions and simply keeping it live and real!!! ...and of course We shall continue the talks in days to come I am sure.... :)(but for now I need to go get some cold water to drink!!!).....

abhimanyusindhu
September 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM
finally Bakra for dinner:D:D:D

priti
September 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM
We watched the match sitting in the hotel lounge at High Street Kensington, an amazing site...all the indian and pakistani employees, all indian and pakistani guests...and some english cricket lovers....glued to the screen...and everyone else wondering whats the big deal!!

And the deal was PRETTY BIG!! At one point I almost thought that the poor lads are not going to have it (with all the sixes from the pakistani tailenders)...but then they did it...exceptional game and exceptional nerves....congratulations to all indian cricket fans and players.....

wonder where the oldies were when the young guns were blazin...:)

shailendra
September 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Of course I need to bring you some exciting pictures to top off a the great news of India beating Pakistan in the World Twenty20 final by five runs (to clinch their first major trophy since 1983!) Yaaaaaaah INDIA!

CHAK DE INDIA!!! (sorry Jit, but man...it applies here too bro!) :)

Imagine! To think that at one point we were really up against it when their main strike bolwer Umar Gul (3-28) completely restricted us to a hardly a fightable total of 157-5 in our alloted 20 overs, (in which of course needs to be said that the cool opener Gautam Gambhir's 75 well and truly dominated! Love the lad, he is one to stay around forever!)...

But man, then the amazingly resurgent India (after truly and well having beaten England, South-Africa and Australia) and a real intense RP Singh struck twice real early on and also (Man of this unbelieveable Final Match) Irfan Pathan took some key 3 wickets (giving away just 16 runs in his alloted four overs); as a succession of Pakistanis lost their nerves and then their wickets!!!... :D

But then again I was nearly having difficulty breathing freely when this Paki dude Misbah-ul-Haq (43) rallied with three sixes off one Harbhajan Singh over (the 17th one!) and then added another six in the dying moments of the final over when they needed just a platry 12 runs from the last six balls (this being the last and 20th over!), making the equation just six runs needed off the last four balls (also this was the last batsmen jodi in there)!!!... :o

But THEN HOLD on!!!........................... :eek:

...The Dude decides to go for another big one (looking for a six and trying to finish it off A la Miandad style) heaving it to fine leg where Shreesanth takes a superb key catch! [Thus falling to Joginder Sharma (oh what a superb dude to be balling the last over just like against Australia; is this new team a revelation or what!!?!!)] to end an absolutely tickler of an amazing game, and (the now going crazy) Indian team the well and truly deserving Champions for having played the way they did through out the tourney!!!... ;):D:rolleyes:

So anyways, people that is your friendly neighborhood (dang! That's Spiderman again) and 'out-of-breath' Shail reporting in! :cool:
Don't leave without first Checking these pictures... They say it all!!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

shailendra
September 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Listen, YOU need to go out now and celeberate!!! (okay maybe don't need to go out, even if you stay indoors; burst out some bubbly please...and really doesn't matter what time it is or where you are located right now...but when you read this- Please DO Have a blast for a sensational reason to celeberate!!!)...
[This is humoungous! (especially after that unceremonious exit from the one-day International world cup! :mad:).... and the whole cricketing world is standing up and clapping for the Indian win right now!]

Here's the picture of the winning team to help you get the celeberations underway, come on now...you need to have that beer, cocktail, champange or lassi, or orange juice or whatever it is that you need right now; in the name of these deserving sporting heroes!!!

ps. I will be checking...(this is your Jatland Cricketing police writing in) so don't dissappoint me!!! ;):D;)

pgrewal
September 24th, 2007, 10:46 PM

bhai pkistani jaise baat ke kardi
dekhlyeh ke hoga india ne kamallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll kar diya
history bana di
tane haran ke sapne aveh se.

shailendra
September 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
...Here's my lil' ode to the historic win, ...a win that is for sure gonna be written in golden letters in the Indian Cricket annals for ever! (drawn with a huge smile and a still fluttering heart on an office small yellow sticky-note!)... :D:D:D

dkumars
September 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM
...Here's my lil' ode to the historic win, ...a win that is for sure gonna be written in golden letters in the Indian Cricket annals for ever! (drawn with a huge smile and a still fluttering heart on an office small yellow sticky-note!)... :D:D:D

Superman... majja aa gaya boss...
Lage raho:)

gaganjat
September 24th, 2007, 11:26 PM
What a GANG!
Proud players with killing spirit !
These Indians were just ready to kill others!

They were holding Ak-47s (not bats) they were throwing hand granades (not cricket ball)
They had a body language of a soldier (not cricket player)

gaganjat
September 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
COLD BLOODED KILLERS!

gaganjat
September 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
f''''n Brutal ! Nasty Stuff !

I Am Hittin My Head On Wall......

They Should Get A Tank Not A 'cup'

cooljat
September 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Ha!Ha!Ha! Officer.....Hold ur horses!! cool it off with some chilled Beer!
war is over n our boys have won the battle!! :) :) :)

aaaah.....I need a Drink......time to celebration ppl :)

Rock on
Jit

What a GANG!
Proud players with killing spirit !
These Indians were just ready to kill others!

They were holding Ak-47s (not bats) they were throwing hand granades (not cricket ball)
They had a body language of a soldier (not cricket player)

cooljat
September 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Shaant!! Shaant!! Gadadhari Bheem.....Shaant!!!

Hv some Chilled Draught beer straight frm Tap.....n cool it off!!!

Let there be Beer!! ;) ;) ;)

Rock on
Jit

f''''n Brutal ! Nasty Stuff !

I Am Hittin My Head On Wall......

They Should Get A Tank Not A 'cup'

gaganrana
September 25th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Hats off for young guns on Indian Cricket Team :) and the special captian Mr. Dhoni.... :)

Hope every body is CELEBRATING :) TO THE MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shaant!! Shaant!! Gadadhari Bheem.....Shaant!!!

Hv some Chilled Draught beer straight frm Tap.....n cool it off!!!

Let there be Beer!! ;) ;) ;)

Rock on
Jit

kabir
September 25th, 2007, 12:24 AM
King Khan was there cheering for the Indian team but his demeanour was very different from the one in the movie Chak de India (Wot a word! Punjabi, Spanish, English all rolled into one?) -- one that has been re-enacted wonderfully well by a fellow celebrated Jatlander in another thread. Check it:
http://www.cricketnext.com/viral/viral.php

Coming to the topic, it was really heartening to see India triumph, a team sans superstars, a team which was actually a team. Time for the troika -- Sachs, Sourav and Dravid to get the message sounded loud and clear at the Wanderers: get your a$$ moving from Indian cricket, before it's kicked.

bharti
September 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM
....That's it!

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I wish I could change the title of this thread and instead of "Twenty20 Wrold Cup is on".....say "India are the Twenty20 World Cup Champs!"

Title changed :)

shailendra
September 25th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Wow cool Bharti, Thanks a lot!...

That really caps the whole thread in a nice way; symbolic of how Team India did in this tournament- started as the dark horses in the inaugural Twenty20 Cricket World Cup games (and hence too the starting introductory title to this thread; "The Twenty20 World cup is ON!") to finish off it in style (and no flash in the Pan, mind you...they did it convincingly against all the big teams; even the one they lost to New-Zeland was a close affair!)... to become the twenty20 Cricket World Champs! ...and hence the new title!

THANKS!!! :)

Hope everyone is celeberating!!! no excuses!

poonam
September 25th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Two thumbs up guys, ofcourse to the Men in blue (sawaal hi paida nahin hota..:cool:) but more importantly, a lil more to you all here!

Actually bow to you (and all those performing havans and pooja back home for the team India to win....what faith.!.)..Cool!! What spirits, passion, enthusiasm, zeal, ecstasy and energy you guys have displayed in the thread here. You truly are living this game.. I know I know, way more than a game...:) Hats off!

poonam
September 25th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Check it:
http://www.cricketnext.com/viral/viral.php

hahahaha....LMAO...the link was hilarious..:D:D

raj_rathee
September 25th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Absolutely fantastic!

It was such a delight to see an Indian side so confident and sure
of themselves...and that too so consistently! Match after match. Felt just so
damn good to see the spirit in this team.

As usual I promised myself I'll wake up late after the match was over
(yeah..I often wake up at 8AM :) ... short commute to work...). I just
can't bear the tension of these matches!!

And as usual I kept waking up every 30 minutes after 1AM. So, as always,
was at my laptop nice and early at 4am reading and re-reading every
thing on the web for the pre-match comments (and of course re-watching the
google videos of the India-Aus match).

Forced myself to go to the shower around the 17th over. I swear I would
have had a heart attack if I hadn't after those sixes off Harbajan.
I tell ya...that wasn't a very thorough shower I had!!

Anyways...victory is always so damn sweet despite all the political
BS (just a game...blah--blah). Our young team were true champions this
time around. Can't be more proud of this team.

Loved the sort of comments we got to hear from Dhoni. I've always
believed that lot of our misery is self-inflicted: all the hero-worship;
the media hype; the poojas and havens and all. All unnecessary pressure
on our players! We should let these guys just play! They are all pretty
talented and it does no one any good to create unrealistic expectations.
SO if Dhoni was able to get the "just play, have fun and put in your 100%
and screw the end result"..then that was a pretty impressive feat on his
part.

On the downside I was pretty saddened to hear the Pakistani captain
comments vis-a-vis his apology to all muslims for losing. How sad was that!!!
Such things truly make us proud of making our multi-religious and multi-culture
work. Its something we should be really proud of.

It was good to see Hooda's commentary and enthusiasm.
But what happened to Col. Tewatia chacha. He's the biggest cricket fan around.

devdahiya
September 25th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Absolutely fantastic!

It was such a delight to see an Indian side so confident and sure
of themselves...and that too so consistently! Match after match. Felt just so
damn good to see the spirit in this team.

As usual I promised myself I'll wake up late after the match was over
(yeah..I often wake up at 8AM :) ... short commute to work...). I just
can't bear the tension of these matches!!

And as usual I kept waking up every 30 minutes after 1AM. So, as always,
was at my laptop nice and early at 4am reading and re-reading every
thing on the web for the pre-match comments (and of course re-watching the
google videos of the India-Aus match).

Forced myself to go to the shower around the 17th over. I swear I would
have had a heart attack if I hadn't after those sixes off Harbajan.
I tell ya...that wasn't a very thorough shower I had!!

Anyways...victory is always so damn sweet despite all the political
BS (just a game...blah--blah). Our young team were true champions this
time around. Can't be more proud of this team.

Loved the sort of comments we got to hear from Dhoni. I've always
believed that lot of our misery is self-inflicted: all the hero-worship;
the media hype; the poojas and havens and all. All unnecessary pressure
on our players! We should let these guys just play! They are all pretty
talented and it does no one any good to create unrealistic expectations.
SO if Dhoni was able to get the "just play, have fun and put in your 100%
and screw the end result"..then that was a pretty impressive feat on his
part.

On the downside I was pretty saddened to hear the Pakistani captain
comments vis-a-vis his apology to all muslims for losing. How sad was that!!!
Such things truly make us proud of making our multi-religious and multi-culture
work. Its something we should be really proud of.

It was good to see Hooda's commentary and enthusiasm.
But what happened to Col. Tewatia chacha. He's the biggest cricket fan around.

Thanks for such a great summing up.Jab tahin terre jisse ND iss desh ke karrandhharr sein jib tahin kisse ne bi chinta karran ki jarrurat na se.It was a delight to see you throwing a TOKKRA of patriotism out here.

Arr jadde tahin uss Pakistan ke KAPPTAAN ki baat se...jei ussnein appne Dada-tauwaan tein galti maangg bi li tei ke hogya....Tnnei berra nahin wei ke sein..CHILL MAN.........Terre disapointment nei bi samjhuun suun[call downside].........ibb appna IKTARRA thha le arr wa dhuun chhedd de kassai...WAHE.............................AI MERRE WATAN KE LOGO JARRA AANKHKH MEIN BHARLO PAANI...JO SHAHEED HUWE HEIN UNKI JARRA YAAD KARRO KURBANI...arr humm TALLI peettangge.......HO JYA SHURRU.....HEY-2-2.

amitchhikara
September 25th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Great win for India and the best part they did it as a team. Different players delivering in different games. Incredible match and i must say that 20/20 is here to stay.

ranvirsingh
September 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Well the last over was too much too handle after few sixes in the previous overs. I was traveling in a bus and it was quit & calm inside except me who was probably the most nervous person, I think the white man sitting by side probably could hear my heart beat. After the six in last over, the hilly area affected the signal quality and iPhone browser got jammed, I was almost sweating and suddenly when the page refreshed Misbah had gone and India had won. I could not control myself and literally shouted Yeeeeeeeeeee Yeeeeeee. Goron ko samajh nahin aaya ki mujhe kya ho gaya, that was a momemt probably I would never forget.

Well done team India! Thumbs up to new guys on the field. They have energy, enthusiasm and desire. And well history repeated itself...India still unbeaten by Pak at the world cup stage.

Hoooooo Hoooooooo YYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

shailendra
September 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM
...it is nice to see everyone coming back and adding all those useful comments and observations! There is still so much to talk about here on that, ain't it? and yes, it ill continue for a while... the craziness too is still lingering; still unbelievable to enliven the historic moment for Indian Cricket and Indian Sports!...

BUT woh sabb hota ravega;....tham saare ya batao kae dhangg tae celeberate kiya kae na??????????? Dekho , mannae kahee thee, es tarah celeberate karo ake sabnae yo din yaad raveh!....
[I do know for a fact that one good friend here really burst out the bubbly and had a well deserved Champagne to mark the big occasion!...:rolleyes:! Alright!!! :D]

Anyways, I too for one did have a good time tinkering some glasses to celeberate this momentous day; and here is a picture of me in an old Indian Team t-shirt (sorry, but that's all I have on a short notice) early today, to prove my own joyous joining in the festivities with some...(well, fill that part in with whatever you like! I left that out of the frame on purpose ;))

Yaaaeeee! Team India! The Champions!!!....

Yea baby, Take that Pakistan; you still can't put one across to us on a major key game! ;)

jitendershooda
September 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
(This should once and for all wipe the slate clean from the infamous six by the Paki's Javed Miandad on the last ball on Chetan Chauhan's bowling in Sharjah!)

Bhai yo Chetan Sharma tha shayad.

Er aapne sketch ghani gajab ki bana di hai le .... well summed up too...

All that is clear from this series is that this has gone a game of young. Elders should leave a space for the young guns now. Their enthu and fighting spirit was the main factor behind this victory.

Aaj ke akhbar mein Viv richards ne kahi hai .... ek bera nahi mein ke kar deta isse game mein :) .... also he added ...yo game unka hai jinki haddi na toot li hein ....er quick responses hein dehi mein.... :)

That is why even Ausies were beaten.

ssindhu
September 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
well congrats to all. n cheers to jogi n shrisanth...infact shrisanth won d match 4 us else it was lost...gud 2c one world cup while alive. lol

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
its one of lifes gr8est pleasures watchin Paki players replyin durin d presentation!;):D
their accents, their bluntness, their gullibilty---hahaha
uffffffffffffff.
as Shoaib malik said'i wish to thank all the muslims, the world over..':eek:
n Afridi-such a senior player- wid 'all d indian nations":eek::eek:
n 'i wish they hv world cup every 2 yrs!':p

dreamer
September 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
its one of lifes gr8est pleasures watchin Paki players replyin durin d presentation!;):D
uffffffffffffff.

Foolish illiterate people they are .. muslims .. Bull **** .. Irphan pathan is not PAKISTANI he is ours ... In fact .. There is everybody Hindu muslim sikh isai in ours ....

Bravo India ... Chak de Fatte

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 11:38 AM
haha--foolish , illiterate
dats y i swoon 4 them;):p:cool:
in-ney katii sahuur na sey bollan ka...:p
katii e te...
hahahahhahahaha:D
Foolish illiterate people they are .. muslims .. Bull **** .. Irphan pathan is not PAKISTANI he is ours ... In fact .. There is everybody Hindu muslim sikh isai in ours ....

Bravo India ... Chak de Fatte

VPannu
September 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM
haha--foolish , illiterate
dats y i swoon 4 them;):p:cool:
in-ney katii sahuur na sey bollan ka...:p
Imagine the scene if Injamam Haq was captain:eek: HE would have started like this "ladke kaafi achha khele,,,,,,bla bla" and Shastri bhi Hindi me.oops i mean urdu me..
ek be te jee likad liya tha jibb bhajji ka bakkal taarya:D

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 11:53 AM
marr gey Pannu aaj tey...
:D:D:D:D
arr mharey gharaan kasuut gaal bakki gayin sein joginder har tein-akk inkey ghraan mein aag sey:eek::p
kimmey bi ho-Raam ne achhi rakh lii inki:phahaha

arr nuu khveijn they akk adhey te indianaan :p k hearta taack hogya hoga-khusii ki maarii-arr adhey paakiyan k , dhaakey te!
:D
Imagine the scene if Injamam Haq was captain:eek: HE would have started like this "ladke kaafi achha khele,,,,,,bla bla" and Shastri bhi Hindi me.oops i mean urdu me..
ek be te jee likad liya tha jibb bhajji ka bakkal taarya

VPannu
September 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM
marr gey Pannu aaj tey...
:D:D:D:D
arr mharey gharaan kasuut gaal bakki gayin sein joginder har tein-akk inkey ghraan mein aag sey:eek::p
:Djoginder ka munh te chakka lagte e issa ho jyaa tha ak janu te bus me without ticket pakda gaya ho:eek:, ar wo kaale hippy(cheerleaders) suwaad leve the naach naach ke:p

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM
saachi...haha
uun te MISHBAA bi karmaa ne romta hoga--lollypop Joggi k haaton suuli pe chadd k!:eek::p
eeb te Mishbaa ne hazz pe jaakey prayaschitt karna padegaa
hahahaha:D
joginder ka munh te chakka lagte e issa ho jyaa tha ak janu te bus me without ticket pakda gaya ho:eek:, ar wo kaale hippy(cheerleaders) suwaad leve the naach naach ke:p

VPannu
September 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
saachi...haha
uun te MISHBAA bi karmaa ne romta hoga--lollypop Joggi k haaton suuli pe chadd k!:eek::pMisbaah......aaah, issa naam hai janu te koye nayi toothpaste aayi ho:Djoginder pe sabte ghani haansi aave hai, hum te nyu kahvein the ak yo match khatam hote e boundary pe beedi chaassega ar maatthey pe haath dhar ke kahvega "hey raam, aaj te laaj raakh li, na te pakka kaless tha."Rohtak aale uske ghar pe nirra kaala paint kar dete:p

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
thikk khvey se Pannu..."joginder ne to seedhi ball fenkni bhaaarya ho ri thi. le ar bagga de kitte hohttp://www.orkut.com/img/i_bigsmile.gifwaa te batsman ki daya thi jo bat bhidaa de tha uske"

arr hippiyan ki kadd tuut li hogi naach naach bhajji k over main!:p:D:D

sjakhars
September 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Arre koi adhe bhi bhej dyo beer ke 10-20 cartoon. mujhe nahi mil rahi yahan..............

Congrats team India and all the Indians.
A great win over the pakis.
They deserve a grand welcome when they arrive back home guys.
All who are in India must go to the airport...........

rahultokas
September 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Misbaah......aaah, issa naam hai janu te koye nayi toothpaste aayi ho:Djoginder pe sabte ghani haansi aave hai, hum te nyu kahvein the ak yo match khatam hote e boundary pe beedi chaassega ar maatthey pe haath dhar ke kahvega "hey raam, aaj te laaj raakh li, na te pakka kaless tha."Rohtak aale uske ghar pe nirra kaala paint kar dete:p

killlllllllllkiii pey killlkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... pannu... maaregaaa k hansaa hansaaa kai:D

VPannu
September 25th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Arre koi adhe bhi bhej dyo beer ke 10-20 cartoon. mujhe nahi mil rahi yahan..............
ohho..bhai saab, aap fun miss kar rahe ho..jee to kare hai eeb bhej dyu kayi petti.:p

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM
katii Rahulley--main te maar geri inney aaj hassan hasaan
arr meri coffee nyaari fukwaa di:rolleyes::D--brew karni dharr bhuul gi:eek::p

chaalun haand kaaun maadi haan--tam te nuu e bawla banaao so!
hehe
killlllllllllkiii pey killlkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... pannu... maaregaaa k hansaa hansaaa kai:D

rahultokas
September 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM
katii Rahulley--main te maar geri inney aaj hassan hasaan
arr meri coffee nyaari fukwaa di:rolleyes::D--brew karni dharr bhuul gi:eek::p

chaalun haand kaaun maadi haan--tam te nuu e bawla banaao so!
hehe

coffeee???? hahahahha.. aaj tai tadkey tadakk ek Patiyaala maarann kaa dinnn sai... hang over ho rhaa sai..:D... mai tai karr aayaaa yo kaaam...:p

VPannu
September 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
katii Rahulley--main te maar geri inney aaj hassan hasaan arr meri coffee nyaari fukwaa di:rolleyes::D--brew karni dharr bhuul gi:eek::p
yo le bhai Rahulllll,,,, in ne chaah coffee ki aag laag ri sei arr aadde rukkey maar maar desh jitvaaya tha ar eeb gala baitth liya.;)

deepshi
September 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM
uuthi eeb suun-4.30 bajey:eek:
tham beer k petti paardo-arr mhari coffi te dikkat sei:D

park mein jaaun--aaj ka te dinn bhaaj gya nuu ki nuu
kuch tamm itnii baat foddo so--main bi laa li:rolleyes::p:D
yo le bhai Rahulllll,,,, in ne chaah coffee ki aag laag ri sei arr aadde rukkey maar maar desh jitvaaya tha ar eeb gala baitth liya.;)

itsnavin
September 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
uffffffffffffff.

Malik's comments really amazed me...aweful paki speakers!
Indians were not playing against All Muslim team..There were couple of muslims in our team as well. Aisa lagta hai unhone saarey world a muslims ka theka le rakha hai. poor fundamentalists!

sjakhars
September 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Listen what he says if you have missed......... Even he did not congratulate India, also listen to Afridi, agressive always but showing the game spirit.. and yes, forget the grammar. :D ;) :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQUMkOvSr8

Indians were not playing against All Muslim team..There were couple of muslims in our team as well. Aisa lagta hai unhone saarey world a muslims ka theka le rakha hai. poor fundamentalists!

cooljat
September 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Really Bhaisaab,
It was disappointing to hear Malik's comments...indeed awful paki fundamentalists!!:(:mad:

Ya Pathan bros r gems of Indian team.....even Irfan Pathan was the man of the match yesterday!!:):)

nyways, let them be, forget them....its time for celebration here!!:):):cool:

Rock on
Jit

raj_rathee
September 26th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for such a great summing up.Jab tahin terre jisse ND iss desh ke karrandhharr sein jib tahin kisse ne bi chinta karran ki jarrurat na se.It was a delight to see you throwing a TOKKRA of patriotism out here.

Arr jadde tahin uss Pakistan ke KAPPTAAN ki baat se...jei ussnein appne Dada-tauwaan tein galti maangg bi li tei ke hogya....Tnnei berra nahin wei ke sein..CHILL MAN.........Terre disapointment nei bi samjhuun suun[call downside].........ibb appna IKTARRA thha le arr wa dhuun chhedd de kassai...WAHE.............................AI MERRE WATAN KE LOGO JARRA AANKHKH MEIN BHARLO PAANI...JO SHAHEED HUWE HEIN UNKI JARRA YAAD KARRO KURBANI...arr humm TALLI peettangge.......HO JYA SHURRU.....HEY-2-2.

Ha ha ha...Patriotism mein ko kami na sae Chacha. Infact those of us
who live outside probably have a lot more than those back home...despite
our firangee passports....

Vaise as an aside..what exactly does "Chak De India" mean. I thought
"Chak De" mean "to throw"...but that doesn't seem to make sense....

Anyone???? Or is it just a cool phrase?

kabir
October 20th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Oops they did it again....reaffirming the fact that the WorldT-20 win was no fluke. Yuvi was majestic, so were Uthappa and Gambhir, Pathan bowled well. Sadly, Sehwag came a cropper.

And after the ODI disappointment, as the saying goes, All's well that ends well

deepshi
November 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM
wrong thread...bt dont hv the desire/will 2 start a new one!

well, the ongoing India--Pak series..
v r ahead by 2-1 :)

but the run-out by Yuvraj was plain amazing,,,hes brilliant--with wotever he does!!!!!:cool:
as d commentator said--Zaheer had done his best to spoil d run-out by puttin his hands b/w the throw n wicket,,n it was a blessing dat he missd it:p

Butt had 2 b kicked bit earlier,,, was turnin dangerous..n a revelation-all his one day centuries have been against India:eek:,,,must b alwaz lukin fwd to series against India:D

I wonder how cum Akhtar has mellowed so much,,sans his aggression,trademark tantrums n spread-winged flyin gestures after takin d wickets..
(nyways..wid or widout agression,,m still fallen headlong4 him!):);)

i watch it on Internet-had to subscribe thru SkySports, as Fox nt covering--so takes the pleasure away,,but the ball is still very much visible on the crease.:D

deepshi
November 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnf32_wxZnc

kabir
November 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnf32_wxZnc Ye kaisa Pakistan prem hai?:mad:

deepshi
November 12th, 2007, 05:04 PM
knows no boundaries...
http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/cricket/shoaib%20akhtar/sho11a.jpg

kabir
November 12th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Have seen him in flesh and blood. His hairline has receded far more than that.:p

deepshi
November 12th, 2007, 05:10 PM
the better...:cool:
now lay ur hands off him..
kuchh kehne ka ho to kaho:rolleyes::D
Have seen him in flesh and blood. His hairline has receded far more than that.:p

VPannu
November 12th, 2007, 05:36 PM
kuchh kehne ka ho to kaho:rolleyes::D
His a CHUCKER:p

deepshi
November 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM
'congenital' hyperextension..he cnt help it much..!:rolleyes:

orr kuch nahi tha tere dhore kehn ne?:D
His a CHUCKER:p

kabir
November 12th, 2007, 06:39 PM
'congenital' hyperextension..he cnt help it much..!:rolleyes:

orr kuch nahi tha tere dhore kehn ne?:D

Thats probably explains your Shoaib Akhtar fetish....His "genital hyperexpansion"! :D:D:D

Forgive me, I m dyslexic:p

crsnadar
November 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM
When INDIA goes outside to play cricket.......we quickly slate opponents of their little misbehave or misconduct or sledging
.......very little

But when it be reverse............we reveal our aggression boosted with some flowed activities........sometime at the level of stupidity......sometimes

Example: Shri Shant
Recently Gautam Gambhir also

If we have to show our aggression show it with Bat or Ball

Not by vocal conversations

deepshi
November 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
But still they can prove 2 b dangerous
u never know!

i had given up watchin coz it had becum pretty predictable

but nw m jus anticipating.........
nevertheless, it duznt matter it nymore..