PDA

View Full Version : How to Promote?

raj2rif
September 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I just wanted to share my views with fellow Jatlanders on the issue of promoting some thing.

Recently, I was invited by a group of people promoting Hindi in USA. The kind of work they are doing is remarkable. They are holding Hindi classes in middle and high schools free of cost to the students. There are 47 schools in NJ where these classes are being run on each Friday. This is a not for profit organization. They chage a little fee to the students to pay for the facility provided by the schools to hold these classes. Great so far.

To communicate with each other they have a yahoo group. So, I was invited to become member of this group and I became the member. While I am doing my best to help this organization, I am little disturbed about the method followed by this organization. Some time I find the same thing here on this site too, and that is the point I want to share.

All the emails I receive (and let me tell you tonnes of them every day) are biased. The contents are kind of fanatic in nature some time. We really don't have to condemned other religions to promote our own. The worst part of these emails is that hardly there is any email targetted to promote Hindi language (the purpose of the group). I am a firm believer, that all religions and all communities have good things as well as bad things. None of us is perfect. We really don't have to create hatered for some one else to promote ourselves. Let me assure you, people across the globe are much more informed these days than they were couple of decades ago.

Promoting ourself by creating hatered for others acts as a negative campaign.

We must talk positive without beating our own drum to praise ourself. Having pride in our heritage is totally different than beating the drum.

We need to create a culture of respect to all societies as well as religions. These are my views, may be outdated.

I would like my fellow members to share their views on this.

mukeshkumar007
September 29th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Promoting ourself by creating hatered for others acts as a negative campaign.
.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Very true sir, because in this way we are generating a kind of curiosity about others, which ultimately helps others instead of us. Since nothing is perfect on this planet we should focus only on positive side by respecting others while promoting ourself..