PDA

View Full Version : The paradox of time and life

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways but narrower viewpoints.
We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.
We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment,more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much,love too seldom, and hate too often. We've earned how to make a living, but not a life.We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less. These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

ssindhu
October 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
hm bro you had this side too...elating to know this facet of yours. good read bhai

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
hm bro you had this side too...elating to know this facet of yours. good read bhai

This is for fact check for every one including me and you and everyone around thats why i wrote WE. Feel good that your bro have world tallest temper.

ssindhu
October 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
This is for fact check for every one including me and you and everyone around thats why i wrote WE. Feel good that your bro have world tallest temper.

dumppo i ddnt mean any cynic in that. i meant to appreciate this thoughtful avatar of yours.

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
dumppo i ddnt mean any cynic in that. i meant to appreciate this thoughful avatar of yours.

I got that didi
just finding the way to laugh with you. hahahaha

sunitahooda
October 3rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Nice contradictions to wake up our souls....if we take THAT CHANCE BY ANY CHANCE:) felt so good reading it
The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways but narrower viewpoints.
We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.
We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment,more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much,love too seldom, and hate too often. We've earned how to make a living, but not a life.We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less. These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I request all jatlanders to add/share something related stuff.

ssindhu
October 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
the biggest paradox i wonder at is people celebrate life and grieve death.

devdahiya
October 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Ibb tei bhai paradox ke sandwitch chal rhe sein........You have brought out very valid point.BHUNDDI MAATTI PATT RHI SE SAB KYAHEIN KI...KEHEN KI KOE JARRURTTE NA...SAANGG DEKHTE JAO AAGE-2.

kabir
October 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM

I congratulate you for starting such a thought-provoking thread.

However, the highlighted words in you post give me the impression that they were yours. If they were, well...congratulations once again! Coz you've got some very flattering company. Great American comedian George Carlin happens to concur with your views, in toto.

Sometime we should give the credit where it is really due.

kabir
October 3rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
We write/talk too much and think little. (Me included)

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 05:57 PM

However, the highlighted words in you post give me the impression that they were yours. If they were, well...congratulations once again! Coz you've got some very flattering company. Great American comedian George Carlin happens to concur with your views, in toto.

Kabir Bhai
thankx for your praise of tis thread. there is nothing such that i am so great like George Carlin but i felt to share with my jatbrothers/sisters. It is about all of us thats why it is written WE. There is nothing just about me or you.

Just enjoy and share if you have some thing related with .
I welcome people here to share more here.
Regards

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM

Mr kabir
Read this link and do not forget to read the last line.(By Dr. Bob Moorehead (http://www.snopes.com/language/document/paradox.htm)
(NOT written by George Carlin) (http://www.georgecarlin.com/georgecarlin/home/dontblame.html)

http://www.xdude.com/paradox.htm

Thankx

kabir
October 3rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
Kabir Bhai
thankx for your praise of tis thread. there is nothing such that i am so great like George Carlin but i felt to share with my jatbrothers/sisters. It is about all of us thats why it is written WE. There is nothing just about me or you.

Regards

I quite liked the way you reacted, mate. Maybe we (AND I MEAN I) can learn a thing or two from you. Take Care:)

deepakchoudhry
October 3rd, 2007, 06:10 PM

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

May you live in interesting times.....

Paradox it maybe but it is an exciting opportunity if we decide to choose it, to leap into another level of Human evolution.

Never in our Human History we have reached such technological and material heights.

This advancement has forced us to think, for what is more important.

Ask questions which are only asked by elite in the past.

Massive change on the human consciousness is taking place.

exciting times indeed.

kabir
October 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Mr kabir
Read this link and do not forget to read the last line.(By Dr. Bob Moorehead (http://www.snopes.com/language/document/paradox.htm)
(NOT written by George Carlin) (http://www.georgecarlin.com/georgecarlin/home/dontblame.html)

http://www.xdude.com/paradox.htm

Thankx

Not sure, buddy. The followin link attributes it to Carlin:

http://media.www.lugazette.com/media/storage/paper816/news/2007/09/26/Opinion/The-Paradox.Of.Our.Time-2993208.shtml

Regards

pgrewal
October 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM

Paradox it maybe but it is an exciting opportunity if we decide to choose it, to leap into another level of Human evolution.

Never in our Human History we have reached such technological and material heights.

exciting times indeed.

Hi deepak
Great work thanks thats what i was expecting from jatlanders.
this thread is related with thoughts and let it be soo.
Sukaryia esko apne kuch age badhaya.
keep moving

deepakchoudhry
October 3rd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Hi deepak
Great work thanks thats what i was expecting from jatlanders.
this thread is related with thoughts and let it be soo.
Sukaryia esko apne kuch age badhaya.
keep moving

To discuss serious questions is always a pleasure.:)

By sharing thoughts we can progress, even if it has been discussed nth times.

deepakchoudhry
October 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Pls refrain from going off the topic - Hey-2 :D

chhavi
October 3rd, 2007, 11:57 PM

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Because we are growing materialistic and yearns for the best by decieving ourselves and assinating the moral values and philosphy of life and existence.

Its no more simple living and no more high thinking. In a life where Patience has been buried and wisdon has been creamated, we should not expect peace at all.

Life is an absolute Matrix!

Best wishes for starting the thread

sidchhikara
October 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM

shoutout!!

poonam
October 4th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Thus spake Nobel laureates:

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. (Mother Teresa)

How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress. (Niels Bohr)

Aint it so true and wise? Well, I’m failing to recall who said but there is another interesting one: Take out paradox from a thinker and you get a professor....:D

Well, life is nothing but paradoxes we confront at every step. During childhood we crave for growing up and when grown up, crave for being a kid. Catch- 22 either way.. Someone truly said “ Life is a paradox, you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t”...:D (My interpretation is: take it easy if you wanna go a long way!..:))

Biggest paradox, unfortunatelty, is our very own existence. "Me... mine", the root cause of the horrendous face of life and we don’t get tired of bragging “ its my life” ....when we have no darn control over our own genesis!!

How cool it would be: Its my life, I chose to be born...:cool:

rkumar
October 4th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Interesting thread indeed. Depends how one looks at it, as Physicist I find no paradox in life. Life is like a swing where two ends might appear paradox, but in reality they are the most important components of the swing process. This swing acts like a pendulum in a cloak. Problem comes when we try to define a point on the trajectory of this swing and call it the right point for us to be. There is no such point. Every point on the trajectory brings its own thrills and anxities. swings for individuals and for group of individuals have different momentum and can not be worked out by simple multiplications. What I think will work well when I am alone on the swing but not when there are others also sitting with me. May be there are swings on the swings how the socity works and now wonder why we find ourself differently located. These are nothing but perturbations if looked from outside. Let us keep pushing our swings harder and harder. Let life remain like a Teej festival ...

RK^2

sunitahooda
October 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Please omit

sunitahooda
October 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Life is a paradox- More it leaves us more we want to catch it.
More it goes out of our hands more we want to catch it
More we shed the TEARS more our lips SMILE
More we LEARN more we want to FORGET
When its with us we ignore it and when LIFE want to ignore us WE RUN BEHIND BREATHLESSLY:)

ssindhu
October 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Kabir Bhai

Regards
jatbrothers/sisters???????????

bro don't b a universal bro...where wiil i look for a gal for you then? you are generating trouble for me. ha ha ha

ssindhu
October 4th, 2007, 10:22 AM
well kabir and PG, does it really matter too much whom it should be contributed to? after almost four centuries, people doubt shakespeare's works to be of Sir Neville's and Harward is working on it. people have this habbit of blurring things

cooljat
October 4th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Beautiful Lines, one more paradox of Life :rolleyes: :)

We make them cry who care for us,
We cry for those who never care for us,
and we care for those who never cry for us!!
This is the truth of life!!

Rock on
Jit

ssindhu
October 4th, 2007, 10:24 AM

exciting times indeed.

whom you are bestowing this curse? ha ha.

vikasgulia
October 4th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Just to add, a few more lines on the paradox of Life

Har khushi Hai Logon Ke Daman Mein,
Par Ek Hansi Ke Liye Waqt Nahi.
Din Raat Daudti Duniya Mein,
Zindagi Ke Liye Hi Waqt Nahi.

Maa Ki Loree Ka Ehsaas To Hai,
Par Maa Ko Maa Kehne Ka Waqt Nahi.
Saare Rishton Ko To Hum Maar Chuke,
Ab Unhe Dafnane Ka Bhi Waqt Nahi.

Saare Naam Mobile Mein Hain,
Par Dosti Ke Lye Waqt Nahi.
Gairon Ki Kya Baat Karen,
Jab Apno Ke Liye Hi Waqt Nahi.

Aankhon Me Hai Neend Badee,
Par Sone Ka Waqt Nahi.
Dil Hai Ghamon Se Bhara Hua,
Par Rone Ka Bhi Waqt Nahi.

Paison ki Daud Me Aise Daude,
Ki Thakne ka Bhi Waqt Nahi.
Paraye Ehsason Ki Kya Kadr Karein,
Jab Apane Sapno Ke Liye Hi Waqt Nahi.

Tu Hi Bata E Zindagi,
Iss Zindagi Ka Kya Hoga,
Ki Har Pal Marne Walon Ko,
Jeene Ke Liye Bhi Waqt Nahi.......

dkumars
October 4th, 2007, 11:25 AM
jatbrothers/sisters???????????

bro don't b a universal bro...where wiil i look for a gal for you then? you are generating trouble for me. ha ha ha

Hahaha... i always take care of this aunty... even though my search domain is much bigger(not confined to jats only)... hehe

Even i feel ... mujhe aapko bhi aunty nahi bolna chahiye tha... hehe.. wink wink

dkumars
October 4th, 2007, 11:28 AM

Rock on
Jit

Beautiful lines yaar... i love this.
Aur shaitaan ke ghoslo ka kya haal hai ??? :)

pgrewal
October 4th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Rock on
Jit

Dhaabi Jit
Tune to pure light hi jalade es thread me bahut acha.
keep sharing.
Good day

neels
October 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

To continue from the same article---

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce; fancier houses, but broken homes. It's a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this stuff to you, and a time when you can choose either to read this insight or to just skip it.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::
Is this viewpoint claiming that we were better off 50 or even 150 years ago? That advances in science and changes in our life style have robbed us of values and an ability to appreciate things? Or is it saying that human beings are becoming narrow, even parochial, cut off from others, like islands in an ocean? Is it yearning for a lost golden age of virtue and innocence? Or is it proclaiming the onset of a new kalyug, a second fall, another banishment from the Garden of Eden ?

To come to point,,,,this kinda stuff says a lot but means very little; it's clear but it's not necessarily wise; it's well-written but not well-thought out and; it's fun to read but not rewarding leave aside enlightening. So don’t believe much on such stuff proclaiming wisdom. They trap you into feeling you've learned something profound when, in fact, you've just been spun round by smart tricks and slippery words.

P.S. I was also trapped into this loop of wisdom when i read it first..and kept the newspaper aside to share with all,,,, but as I proceeded towards the conclusive side,,, felt more assured by the second part. So pls don't get offended, nor applaud me with remarkable comments; these enlightening views not mine, quoted from the same article. I just, as usual, bringing both sides in front of you.

pgrewal
October 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
To continue from the same article---

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce; fancier houses, but broken homes. It's a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this stuff to you, and a time when you can choose either to read this insight or to just skip it.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::
Is this viewpoint claiming that we were better off 50 or even 150 years ago? That advances in science and changes in our life style have robbed us of values and an ability to appreciate things? Or is it saying that human beings are becoming narrow, even parochial, cut off from others, like islands in an ocean? Is it yearning for a lost golden age of virtue and innocence? Or is it proclaiming the onset of a new kalyug, a second fall, another banishment from the Garden of Eden ?

To come to point,,,,this kinda stuff says a lot but means very little; it's clear but it's not necessarily wise; it's well-written but not well-thought out and; it's fun to read but not rewarding leave aside enlightening. So don’t believe much on such stuff proclaiming wisdom. They trap you into feeling you've learned something profound when, in fact, you've just been spun round by smart tricks and slippery words.

P.S. I was also trapped into this loop of wisdom when i read it first..and kept the newspaper aside to share with all,,,, but as I proceeded towards the conclusive side,,, felt more assured by the second part. So pls don't get offended, these enlightening views not mine, quoted from the same article. I just, as usual, bringing both sides in front of you.

Dr. Neelam
Well done and thankx for sharing the remaining part.
Keep sharing.

pgrewal
October 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Read it in a book thought to share with

To think bad thoughts is really the easiest
thing in the world. If you leave your mind
to itself it will spiral down into ever
increasing unhappiness. To think good
thoughts, however, requires effort. This is
one of the things that discipline - training - is about.