PDA

View Full Version : Desire to fly

shashiverma
October 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM
As a child we come across many different stories and we all absorb them in our own way. One of them which really fascinates me is that of Caterpillar who was born to be a butterfly....remember...??
There was a child who was looking at the struggle of the caterpillar with the shells. With every passing moment the caterpillar was trying to break the shells and was trying real hard. After seeing this, child felt that he should help caterpillar in breaking the shell. But his father stopped him from doing this. The curiousity of child, ofcourse, deserve an explanation. His father told him that its the struggle and process of growth of caterpillar. Every caterpillar have to develop their own strength to break the shells and by doing so they make themself more stronger. This increases their possibility of their survival. Only after breaking these barriers one afer another they gain enough strength to be cocoon and then butterfly. So by helping them in breaking this barrier you will deprive the caterpillar of the strength they are capable of developing. And instead you will make them weak and their life shorter.
This was good enough for the child to understand that its not the breaking of barrier which help the caterpillar to grow but its the strength they develop in breaking the shell which help them grow.

Each one of us is like caterpillar who is born to be butterfly. Each one of us is capable of developing enormous strength but for that we have to break our barriers (be it social, emotional or physical) by our ownself. Each individual have to find their own strength and have to grow on their own to be stronger. By helping the other (be your kids or other individual) in breaking their share of barriers you make them weak. Do encourage them but do not underestimate their potentials and let them overcome their hurdles by themself. We all are capable of developing our own strength.
If they are weak then would never be able to enjoy the joy of living (what they were born for) and you deprived them by helping.

If we have the desire to fly we have to gather our own strength and we have to overcome all the barriers by ourself. This is the process of growth of each and every individual. Each one of us is capable of developing that enormous strength.

We have our own lessons and our own way to perceive them...

devdahiya
October 7th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Very true and practical thoughts Shashi bebey.Unless and until we develop ourselves constantly second by second, learning from the environment,struggling,slogging and analyzing...life will not be worth any thing.Thats why they say that a self made person is always more responsible,dignified and mature.This is a perfact lesson required to be imparted to the younger generation.Thanks for sharing the noble thoughts.God bless!

shashiverma
October 7th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Unless and until we develop ourselves constantly second by second, learning from the environment,struggling,slogging and analyzing...life will not be worth any thing.Thats why they say that a self made person is always more responsible,dignified and mature.This is a perfact lesson required to be imparted to the young generation.!

Very true Kaku...

Infact we all learn it as a child but in the race of life when we come across problems sometimes we start looking for others to help or try to help our dear ones....instead of letting that strength to be developed.... We all know it well and also do our best but we miss the basic idea of growing...so I think its no harm just to remind ourself once in a while.

chhavi
October 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
As a child we come across many different stories and we all absorb them in our own way. One of them which really fascinates me is that of Caterpillar who was born to be a butterfly....remember...??
There was a child who was looking at the struggle of the caterpillar with the shells. With every passing moment the caterpillar was trying to break the shells and was trying real hard. After seeing this, child felt that he should help caterpillar in breaking the shell. But his father stopped him from doing this. The curiousity of child, ofcourse, deserve an explanation. His father told him that its the struggle and process of growth of caterpillar. Every caterpillar have to develop their own strength to break the shells and by doing so they make themself more stronger. This increases their possibility of their survival. Only after breaking these barriers one afer another they gain enough strength to be cocoon and then butterfly. So by helping them in breaking this barrier you will deprive the caterpillar of the strength they are capable of developing. And instead you will make them weak and their life shorter.
This was good enough for the child to understand that its not the breaking of barrier which help the caterpillar to grow but its the strength they develop in breaking the shell which help them grow.

Each one of us is like caterpillar who is born to be butterfly. Each one of us is capable of developing enormous strength but for that we have to break our barriers (be it social, emotional or physical) by our ownself. Each individual have to find their own strength and have to grow on their own to be stronger. By helping the other (be your kids or other individual) in breaking their share of barriers you make them weak. Do encourage them but do not underestimate their potentials and let them overcome their hurdles by themself. We all are capable of developing our own strength.
If they are weak then would never be able to enjoy the joy of living (what they were born for) and you deprived them by helping.

If we have the desire to fly we have to gather our own strength and we have to overcome all the barriers by ourself. This is the process of growth of each and every individual. Each one of us is capable of developing that enormous strength.

We have our own lessons and our own way to perceive them...
Yes indeed! Shashi ji!

If I do not desire to fly, I will and I can not fly.

The strength to overcome the hindarances is in oneself and the important aspect would be to take action with courage and faith in ourselves.

The other factors would then be how much focused we are and and with what potential we work for our desire.

And in conclusion as a wise man said,
The greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up every time I fail.

devdahiya
October 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Yes indeed! Shashi ji!

The strength to overcome the hindarances is in oneself and the important aspect would be to take action with courage and faith in ourselves.

The other factors would then be how much focused we are and and with what potential we work for our desire.

Intelligent stuff indeed.......!

Life is like a toddler's walk.We all might have seen a baby try taking that first small step....he will take a step here and another one there....he will fall down many a time,cry and feel disgusted but wont hesitate doing it all over again till such time he proudly walks a toddler way.Like wise taking these baby steps in life over a concentrated period of time will surely result in a mission accomplished,sometimes even by breaking the missions in small steps when it appears a too much of a task to accomplish.

neels
October 7th, 2007, 10:23 PM

Very well said Shashi n Chhavi as well.

Support system is important for one in life to deal with stressors.... but that should not be made the lifeline. As old saying,,, God also helps those, who help themselves.

well about growth n flying high utilizing resouces within.... ll come later on it with more elaboration.

devdahiya
October 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Very well said Shashi n Chhavi as well.

Support system is important for one in life to deal with stressors.... but that should not be made the lifeline. As old saying,,, God also helps those, who help themselves.

well about growth n flying high utilizing resouces within.... ll come later on it with more elaboration.

Bebey support must not be sought for.One should treat it as bonus.....KHUDDI KO KAR BULLAND ITTNA KE KHUDDA BANDDE SE KHUDD PUCHHE.....BATTA TERRI RAZA KYA HEI.

neels
October 7th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Bebey support must not be sought for.One should treat it as bonus.....KHUDDI KO KAR BULLAND ITTNA KE KHUDDA BANDDE SE KHUDD PUCHHE.....BATTA TERRI RAZA KYA HEI.

main bhi yahi keh rahi hun Sir,,, ki support system ko zindagi k har kadam ka sahara nahin banana chahiye....its a boon if one has a gud support system, but the real strugggle shud be ones own to achieve aims.

trueblueindian
October 8th, 2007, 01:58 AM
two things

a. nature is nature lets not disturb it

b. nature gives us enough knowlidge and strength that we can impart in our individual life ... like in the case mentioned above

to be honest it feels great to be on your feets when nature demands (the right age for humans ) infact the trend in india is sickening that one needs to support a child till he completes his/her education (defined by parents)... till age of 30-35 in some cases ... a child becomes Man and Women at age 16 - 18 and thats the time one has to make them independent and responsible ... we indians in a way fund and support our children endlessly ... seldom we see an example where a child is asked to be on his own at this age ... we fund ... fund ... fund & ... protect ... protect ... protect ...

arent we a toooooo much proctecting socitey .... lets debate .... (just for our kids and not natin / socitey )

i take pride in saying that i was on my feets at a young age of 17 .. would be intreasting to know how many fellow jatlanders took the onous on them at that age

psgahlaut
October 8th, 2007, 02:35 AM
a child whose finger is always held will never learn to walk:)