PDA

View Full Version : Are we running short of topics ???

dkumars
October 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Hello Everyone,

Here for past few weeks we are creating a no of threads but in Humour and Time Pass section. Are we really running short of topics that we cant discuss something(worth) other than chutkale ?

Brothers and their Sisters... plz come up with some good topics where we can share our views and can learn from our intellectual worthy members(Our old members who are our knowledge treasure ).

This site is not a worth if it is meant only for time pass, i suppose.
All are requested not to reply(positive or negative) rather start some meaningful thread where can have a healthy debate.

Plz plz plz... dont mind if my language is rude.
All the best:)

Thanks to all

kabir
October 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Nice topic.

deepakchoudhry
October 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Here for past few weeks we are creating a no of threads but in Humour and Time Pass section. Are we really running short of topics that we cant discuss something(worth) other than chutkale ?

Brothers and their Sisters... plz come up with some good topics where we can share our views and can learn from our intellectual worthy members(Our old members who are our knowledge treasure ).

All are requested not to reply(positive or negative) rather start some meaningful thread where can have a healthy debate.

Thanks to all

You have started a couple...agay agay dekhiye hota hai kya.:)

prashantacmet
October 9th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all

"timepass section" is far better than controversial and disputed topics. Discussion is not the solution my dear until we take action . All the intellectuals of JL end the serious topics abruptly or moderator is compelled to lock the thread.....

dndeswal
October 9th, 2007, 09:31 PM
अरै देवेन्द्र, इतना गंभीर मत हो भाई । एक अच्छे विषय पर किसी भी फोरम में लिखा जा सकता है, वैसे "Time Pass" और "General Talk" में बहुत ज्यादा अंतर भी नहीं है, सिर्फ एक पतली रेखा है, जो हमारे ऊपर निर्भर है । Wiki में काफी रोचक विषय हैं पढ़ने वाले के लिये । मैने भी Wiki Section में जितना योगदान किया है, उतना इन forums में नहीं । इतने सारे सदस्यों में जरूरी नहीं कि सबका taste एक जैसा हो । इसलिये जो अच्छा लगे, उसे खूब पढ़ो और जो न लगे, उसे छोड़ो ।

मैं प्रशान्त से सहमत हूं कि "Time Pass" सैक्शन भी इतना बुरा तो नहीं है । "Current Affairs" फोरम में जाते हुए पहले मुझे करंट सा लगता था । उसमें एक थ्रैड चली थी -"Should a widow remarry or not" (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12509) जिस पर काफी बवाल मचा था, बात का बतंगड़ भी बन गया था - चाहे खुद पढ़ लो । मेरे द्वारा पुराने समाज में प्रचलित एक रिवाज ('नियोग') का जिक्र करने पर कईयों ने कुछ ऐसा रुख अपना लिया था जैसे कोई पहाड़ टूट पड़ा हो । इसका जिक्र मैने अपने धागे "वो खड़ी हो गई (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17877)" में भी किया ।

वैसे Topic कैसा ही हो, लिखने वाले पर निर्भर करता है कि वो उसको भी रोचक बना दे । कुछ और न मिले तो लिखने वालों और धागों के बारे में ही लिख दो । मैने एक बार कौशिश की थी – बेशक पढ़ लो मेरा धागा Dastan-e "Time Pass" (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19193) . हां, इतना जरूर हुआ कि इससे एक-दो लोग थोड़े समय के लिए नाराज से हो गए थे, पर ऐसा तो होता ही है - कोई गंभीर मामला नहीं । मुझे इतनी उम्मीद नहीं की थी कि मेरे दो धागे (ए-बी-सी-डी (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20615) और "दास्ताने टाइम पास (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19193)") टाइम-पास फोरम में भी इतने लोकप्रिय होंगे । सो, पढ़ते भी रहो और लिखते भी ।

dkumars
October 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
"timepass section" is far better than controversial and disputed topics. Discussion is not the solution my dear until we take action . All the intellectuals of JL end the serious topics abruptly or moderator is compelled to lock the thread.....

Although i asked others not to reply and myself is replying... sorry for that... but one post demands that....

Well said brother ... but i would like to say that for some time time pass is ok but not always... Mostly a debate is meant for a quarrel(not actually)... how u deal it... in that aruements also u can get a lot of worthy points... its upto individual how he takes it...

And i am fully agreed that discussion is not a solution....we need to implement... the only way to implement something is to implement on ourselves... start from i then can change others...

kisi ne kaha hai na... A clever(arguing debate) enemey is better than a dumb(time killing) friend... woh enemy bhi kuch na kuch sikhayega.

prashantacmet
October 10th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Although i asked others not to reply and myself is replying... sorry for that... but one post demands that....

Well said brother ... but i would like to say that for some time time pass is ok but not always... Mostly a debate is meant for a quarrel(not actually)... how u deal it... in that aruements also u can get a lot of worthy points... its upto individual how he takes it...

And i am fully agreed that discussion is not a solution....we need to implement... the only way to implement something is to implement on ourselves... start from i then can change others...

kisi ne kaha hai na... A clever(arguing debate) enemey is better than a dumb(time killing) friend... woh enemy bhi kuch na kuch sikhayega.

u seems quite willing to learn...but what??.. i appreciate ur attitude.......browse the net for ur kinda stuff......learning will be easier there..........;)

dkumars
October 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM
u seems quite willing to learn...but what??.. i appreciate ur attitude.......browse the net for ur kinda stuff......learning will be easier there..........;)

Brother no hard feeelings n no mood to fight... hehe
And yeah... i try to learn ... although don have a great hunger like a true scientist... if i see only for myself then what is the need to participate in this form... cant it run without me... am i so importnat ... nopppeeeee

But wt is harmful in this if we discuss something good...

Brother, for learning--- learning is not bookish knowledge... its not to omprove my general awareness... i consider it understanding others... their behavior... their attitude... their replies and lotta more...

And i learn from here that how i have to react... how i have to control and how i have to mould my language to get my work done...

In the starting i was quite agressive... i fought with a lady on some funny reason... now i am trying to reply most politely even if get a harsh reply post... so this learning is much better what i can learn on internet or thru books... i am trying to become a good manager in my personal as well as professional life... so i need ppl who slap me, who put cross questions, who are more intelligent than me... so that i can get something to imbibe...

isnt it brother ???? if m wrong, kindly correct me... tc:)

shailendra
October 10th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all

Yes, I do think that we are running out of...(or never really take the pains to) make the interesting threads more meaningful with a continuation of healthy discussions...

The most interesting ones simply peter out (without much wide sharing of ideas and thoughts; or simply because of non-participation as I suspect some don't even understand what the discussion is really about in the first place!) and/or the thread goes off into a tangent, completely highjacked by what I would respectfully call 'jokers' wanting just some random thread to pour out their senseless comments/blogs/instant messages!...

No wonder half of the well meaning, good, useful and interesting threads either lose the healthy 'discussers' (is that actually a word?) and they simply go away disgusted knowing that it is not worth their time, or promplty gets 'locked' by moderators (rightly so) for having completely gone off the tracks and becoming a case of one-up-manship on instant messages!...
[Then of course as one can see most of the time it becomes so super easy to just dump the whole problem on the doorstep of the moderators saying that it is their fault, they unneccessarily close off threads, and/or never write their own open thoughts etc. (yeah right, as if they would be patted on the back for being 'frank'!)]

The result is creation of a whole bunch of follow up useless threads that have no meaning and start off with asking some senseless, redundant questions- questions that are hoping it is controversial and fight/action provoking enough to get instant posts and 'blogs' from the crowd!...

That; to my mind is the answer (if one can look at in in complete objectivity) to all the queries regarding for example: "why do moderators lock a thread?", "why are we losing well meaning members?", "Are we running short of topics?" etc. etc.

cooljat
October 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Big bro strongly agree with u here :)

I guess we're perhaps not running out of the topics rather we're going off topic now & then...:rolleyes:

I believe members cant rather will not cooperate until Mods intervene & take some strong n strict step to make this online village better place :):):)

Rock on
Jit

Yes, I do think that we are running out of...(or never really take the pains to) make the interesting threads more meaningful with a continuation of healthy discussions...

The most interesting ones simply peter out (without much wide sharing of ideas and thoughts; or simply because of non-participation as I suspect some don't even understand what the discussion is really about in the first place!) and/or the thread goes off into a tangent, completely highjacked by what I would respectfully call 'jokers' wanting just some random thread to pour out their senseless comments/blogs/instant messages!...

No wonder half of the well meaning, good, useful and interesting threads either lose the healthy 'discussers' (is that actually a word?) and they simply go away disgusted knowing that it is not worth their time, or promplty gets 'locked' by moderators (rightly so) for having completely gone off the tracks and becoming a case of one-up-manship on instant messages!...
[Then of course as one can see most of the time it becomes so super easy to just dump the whole problem on the doorstep of the moderators saying that it is their fault, they unneccessarily close off threads, and/or never write their own open thoughts etc. (yeah right, as if they would be patted on the back for being 'frank'!)]

The result is creation of a whole bunch of follow up useless threads that have no meaning and start off with asking some senseless, redundant questions- questions that are hoping it is controversial and fight/action provoking enough to get instant posts and 'blogs' from the crowd!...

That; to my mind is the answer (if one can look at in in complete objectivity) to all the queries regarding for example: "why do moderators lock a thread?", "why are we losing well meaning members?", "Are we running short of topics?" etc. etc.

shashiverma
October 11th, 2007, 06:22 PM
We are not running short of topics.....but we are too much engrossed in our time pass, homurs and gup-shup that we do not realise its not the only thing. There is no harm in being part of it but do realise its only a part and not the only thing here at JL.
Read and enjoy what makes you feel good being here but there is no harm i guess if we can devote some time in reading some genuine efforts even if we can not contribute.

dkumars
October 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM
We are not running short of topics.....but we are too much engrossed in our time pass, homurs and gup-shup that we do not realise its not the only thing. There is no harm in being part of it but do realise its only a part and not the only thing here at JL.
Read and enjoy what makes you feel good being here but there is no harm i guess if we can devote some time in reading some genuine efforts even if we can not contribute.

Nice thoughts Shashi ji... kep it up ... thanks

deepakchoudhry
October 11th, 2007, 07:13 PM
If there is nothing to say then why say it for the heck of it. :D

Go with the flow...I'm sure something, bound to come up.

prashantacmet
October 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
so hectic schedule in KHASO organisation..... trainees are increasing day by day...........it's really mind-booggling to govern all of them & to teach them smthing noble about KHASO concepts.:p....i have just logged on to get some entertainment........ not 4 a serious thinking..............;)