PDA

View Full Version : Poverty of Soul

neels
October 9th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Poverty of Soul — Complete Self-giving, Self-emptying love without regard for oneself — Why this is the only valid path of austere n pure love?

Share your precious n enligtening views on the never-ending question---What's the nature of real love ?

dkumars
October 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Poverty of Soul — Complete Self-giving, Self-emptying love without regard for oneself — Why this is the only valid path of austere n pure love?

Share your precious n enligtening views on the never-ending question---What's the nature of real love ?

Neelam ji ... cudn get ur question properly... nature means ???
Are u asking about traits of true love... i mean its spectiality /characterstics ???
Please let me know so that i can express my views on the topic :)

neels
October 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Neelam ji ... cudn get ur question properly... nature means ???
Are u asking about traits of true love... i mean its spectiality /characterstics ???
Please let me know so that i can express my views on the topic :)
Yea the word nature is used to describe any concept's basic features, characteristics,,, in general,, wht its like.

rkumar
October 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
[B]..........

Interesting...Let me attemt to answer. In my view love is like a newly born baby which consumes us almost completely in the beginning. As this child grows, he demands attention and cries. How he gets attention, shapes its future course and attitude. He needs continuous attention and nourishment. I suppose love is also like this. Very beautiful in the beginning but demanding later on and fulfiling if we groom it properly.

RK^2

shashiverma
October 9th, 2007, 11:07 PM

Each one of us hold our own philoshphy. At some point of time or the other it knocks everyones life and we all treat it in our own way. Some try to control their emotions and have own set of rules for their behavior. Some believe that love brings suffering and this do not allow them to take this risk. Some listen to their heart and simply follow their instincts.

Kisi ne kaha hai....Love is a trap..when it appears we only see its light and not its shadow....
But whats the harm in that..we all know that light do bring shadows as well...but does that mean that we live in darkness.....No we grow in light...and we understand that shadows are also part of life....
It may turn your world upside down.....and it may bring sufferings and pain as well...But then its better to lose some of the battles in the struggle for your dreams than to be defeated without ever even knowing what you are fighting for....
May be I am deviating from your main question.....
Pyar ko sirf pyar se paya jaa sakta hai....sirf pyar se samjha ja sakta hai....You find love by the act of loving.....and it survives where there is trust and faith.

Nature of love.......Its very simple if one can feel it......but for love to grow one have to live love all the time....Although its very strong but as RK said its like child..very true....you need to nourish it for it to grow and survive..... Like any other relation it demand your efforts...may be effort is not the appropriate word.....sach pocho to love do not demand efforts it only want you to stay in love and live happily...
Well I do not see love as an act of self emptying without the regard to oneself....
You know what all teaching says about the mokhs or ultimate peacefulness or joy....watever ultimate kind of thing you belve in.....They all say onething that to achieve that peace...free your soul from everything....Apnee ko apnee Mai (I, me, myself, mine) se mukt karo..tabhee tum use mehsos kar paaogai...But one just can not do that......
But when you are really in love..your soul become free of all this......You are willing to give your everything for this one feeling....You find all those other desires of life to be superfical....and thats what make people to dance before god and thats the purity you feel when you listen to a sufi...... Its simply a wonderful feeling...
...But surely beyond words..
or shall i say its just as simple as the word love itself...

devdahiya
October 9th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Whenever one is selfless from deep within towards any thing....the true love will surface...where there are no conditions,no fears,no rewards,no penalties,no question asked,no answers given........True love thus can only be felt deep inside the soul......it is a rare commodity which grow deep inside all of us....it is free from malice and revenge.It is a virtue pure like daffodils.Selflessness and love are two dear friends....inseparable and uncompromising!

pnauhwar21
October 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM
To me love is a feeling in which you feel happier when do something for others whether its your parents, brother, sister, child, spouse or even strangers..There are various hues of love each mapping itself to the relationship of the other person with you..Love cannot be done by force, the feeling comes automatically..Many a times it happens that you feel more complacent & happy when you cut down on your own needs and spend all you have (money, time, etc) for someone else - this is love!!

dkumars
October 10th, 2007, 12:44 AM
This is a test

spdeshwal
October 10th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I would like to put it as “purity of soul” rather than “poverty of soul”
It’s pure, selfless, and undemanding. Expect nothing in return. No scope for any deception, greed, blame or blemish.

Niswarth Nishchhal Nirvikaar Prem

This kind of love is not poverty of soul but enriching and empowering of soul

Cheers!

shweta123
October 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Each one of us hold our own philoshphy. At some point of time or the other it knocks everyones life and we all treat it in our own way. Some try to control their emotions and have own set of rules for their behavior. Some believe that love brings suffering and this do not allow them to take this risk. Some listen to their heart and simply follow their instincts.

Kisi ne kaha hai....Love is a trap..when it appears we only see its light and not its shadow....
But whats the harm in that..we all know that light do bring shadows as well...but does that mean that we live in darkness.....No we grow in light...and we understand that shadows are also part of life....
It may turn your world upside down.....and it may bring sufferings and pain as well...But then its better to lose some of the battles in the struggle for your dreams than to be defeated without ever even knowing what you are fighting for....
Pyar ko sirf pyar se paya jaa sakta hai....sirf pyar se samjha ja sakta hai....You find love by the act of loving.....and it survives where there is trust and faith.

Nature of love.......Its very simple if one can feel it......but for love to grow one have to live love all the time....Although its very strong but as RK said its like child..very true....you need to nourish it for it to grow and survive..... Like any other relation it demand your efforts...may be effort is not the appropriate word.....sach pocho to love do not demand efforts it only want you to stay in love and live happily...
Well I do not see love as an act of self emptying without the regard to oneself....
You know what all teaching says about the mokhs or ultimate peacefulness or joy....watever ultimate kind of thing you belve in.....They all say onething that to achieve that peace...free your soul from everything....Apnee ko apnee Mai (I, me, myself, mine) se mukt karo..tabhee tum use mehsos kar paaogai...But one just can not do that......
But when you are really in love..your soul become free of all this......You are willing to give your everything for this one feeling....You find all those other desires of life to be superfical....and thats what make people to dance before god and thats the purity you feel when you listen to a sufi...... Its simply a wonderful feeling...
or shall i say its just as simple as the word love itself...

Very nicely explained Di !:) Really, love doesnt means that one has to try to be giving by nature, rather such giving instincts develops on there own & thats the real beauty & meaning of love. Giving becomes more cherishing than receiving! Anything can be changed for the positive & all seems new and opyimism sinks in !! :)

mukeshkumar007
October 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM
To me love is a feeling in which you feel happier when do something for others whether its your parents, brother, sister, child, spouse or even strangers..There are various hues of love each mapping itself to the relationship of the other person with you..Love cannot be done by force, the feeling comes automatically..Many a times it happens that you feel more complacent & happy when you cut down on your own needs and spend all you have (money, time, etc) for someone else - this is love!!

well explained bhai:)

vivekdh
October 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM
LOVE ????? :confused:

cooljat
October 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well, am kinda novice here :) but I must say very commendable answer by Great RK uncle...Truly Sensible reply!! Kudos to u uncleji!! :):):)

I got one more Question, Does Unconditional Luv exist in this stingy World???

As far I believe Mother's luv is very much close to unconditional luv...other's forms of luv are all demanding!!

Well, one more thing to add, -

Luv is food for soul and everbody longs for it cuz its basic necessity & in this divine feeling you feel contented in givin' n u get soul-satisfaction in reward!! :) what else u want/need????

Rock on
Jit

Interesting...Let me attemt to answer. In my view love is like a newly born baby which consumes us almost completely in the beginning. As this child grows, he demands attention and cries. How he gets attention, shapes its future course and attitude. He needs continuous attention and nourishment. I suppose love is also like this. Very beautiful in the beginning but demanding later on and fulfiling if we groom it properly.

RK^2

mukeshkumar007
October 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM

bhai aap bi confuse ho kya meri tareh... koi na padh lo itni sari definition and explanation hai love par... thoda bhoot to pale padega hi !! aur pher the bi thoda sa contribute kar do :)

sunitahooda
October 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Mukesh tum to rehney hi dena PLEASE...jab DIDI kehney pey itna bawaal macha tha to GF kehney pe kya hoga....we can imagine:) baaki Vivek ki aadat sai jaan-bawla banann ki arr acting maaran ki;)
bhai aap bi confuse ho kya meri tareh... koi na padh lo itni sari definition and explanation hai love par... thoda bhoot to pale padega hi !! aur pher the bi thoda sa contribute kar do :)

mukeshkumar007
October 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Mukesh tum to rehney hi dena PLEASE...jab DIDI kehney pey itna bawaal macha tha to GF kehney pe kya hoga....we can imagine:) baaki Vivek ki aadat sai jaan-bawla banann ki arr acting maaran ki;)

yeh baat hai to phir rehne hi deta hoo...thari hi baat manna teek rehega..

subhashbalhara
October 10th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Dr sahiba

Its impossible to describe the nature of love.Only a nice human can understand the love of another nice human. It can't be described in case of bad men/women as they have their own definitions of love.
Nature of love may be different for diferrent individuals but only a nice person
can feel it,describe it and may implement it without any discriminations of caste,wealth,status,profession.................... ........

SB:)
GJU,Hisar

subhashbalhara
October 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
[quote=shashiverma;150735] Each one of us hold our own philoshphy. At some point of time or the other it knocks everyones life and we all treat it in our own way. Some try to control their emotions and have own set of rules for their behavior. Some believe that love brings suffering and this do not allow them to take this risk. Some listen to their heart and simply follow their instincts.

or shall i say its just as simple as the word love itself...[/
quote]

hello
Pyar ko sirf pyar se paya jaa sakta hai....sirf pyar se samjha ja sakta hai....You find love by the act of loving.....and it survives where there is trust and faith
these above lines r really very good. reading these lines one may
understand the basic nature of real love

SB
GJU,Hisar

shashiverma
October 10th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I have already expressed on above but i guess there is something more for me to add.....
These incident speak for themself...and made me understand the faces of love....
After reading this thread....I asked my labmate sitting next to me.....Do you know the nature of love???..She looked at me ....with a bit confuse expressions...and then she said... u do not mean that.....I said..no i really want an answer......
Then she looked at other people in the lab...they all were simply absorbed in their work..someone listening to music and was doing something.....But none of them look stressed...they were enjoying themself.....and after looking towards all of them..she looked at me and passed a smile and said ....i think..you know it very well....
Yes...ofcourse I know the love......Responsibility may make ur brain work and keep you motivated..but love....make ur soul to work...
I recently read about someone here in JL..The lady says that there is difference between carrer and job...yes this is wat makes all the difference........

It reminds me of an incident.....I was given some new topic to work on...and i was telling one of my teacher that its totally new and there are too many things to learn..i can not expect my boss to teach me everything..this is simply too much for me......He said....its good to know that u do not expect your boss to teach you everything...but the only thing your boss need to do is to make you love your project....Then his job is done.....Then rest of things the energy of love will do.....
He told me..you know what a good teacher try to do..he simply try to develop love for the subject..if he can make his students love the subject..then their is nothing more he need to teach.....

If you have that passion..you will do everything to enjoy and live love...

This is the nature of love..Its simply wonderful feeling...and it has enormous energy......
Do you know why some of the sadhu mahatamas are so frustrated....because they all know this secret of living but unfortuate they are..that they can not feel that love.....

Have you seen the advertisment for armed forces.......it starts with something as ..those who have passion to.........
If you ask me I would say its only the love and passion which can make a soldier to stand before a bullet....duty can make you fight but its love which can make you challange the death.....
This is the nature of love....

shweta123
October 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Areee wohi, yaad karo jo roj din me 13 baar minimum hoya kare hai aapko:rolleyes: Yaad na aaya ibbe.......... lagta hai pichle 1 ghante se hua nahi hai!:p:D

ssindhu
October 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM

in my opinion true and real love is one which develops from infatuation. because in that one doesn't get to think of compatbility and others things. infatuation is instant and i personally believe most instant things are pure as a spontaneous thought. compatibilty and other adjusment things are merely other names given to convenience in a relation.

in infatutaion one doesn't think of pros and cons and hence it's real and pure.

but then infatuation can cost one heavily since it doesn't give one security at first. infatuation might not live long and the well thought relation might live forever. but then what dies is real and what doesn't die is unreal, you know the living and non-living difference. but such real love might give you wings but those wings will have wamth along with pinch of pinions

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks everyone for their enriching views.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I read this statement somewhere, and it made me think about the power of love. Here's my interpretation of the statement emphasizing on the meaning of poverty of soul.

Can two people love equally ? Is it possible for two people to feel for each other with equal intensity?
Lovers may lie to each other and get into stupid arguments like, 'I love you more' or 'I miss you more' . In life, the relative reality and equation between lovers is as - when two people are in love, one person will love the other more...and the one who loves less controls the relationship. That unfortunately is the starge fact of life. In all other spheres of life, you get more for when you give more.... you work more, you might get paid more.... you study more, you get better grades...and so more.

But you love more and you loose control of the relationship. The one who loves more will want the relationship more and will do more to keep it going...and sacrifice more in the bargain...bear more insults...are hurt more and even compromise more. One keeps on emptying oneself,,, giving oneself to the other to the ultimate. And the more you give, the less you get in return.

I say this is the poverty of soul... that we keep begging for the love, without any regard for the self. Why love makes one so weak ? The day you will renounce your beggage bowl and with it the capacity to be broken, you will be empty of guilt, of danger, of helplessness, even of compassion.

Some say love is pure, selfless, and undemanding. Expect nothing in return. No scope for any deception, greed, blame or blemish. "Niswarth Nishchhal Nirvikaar Prem". This kind of love is not poverty of soul but enriching and empowering purity of soul.

I would say this kinda love exists only in literature,, not in real practical life. No love is without expectations. How so pure n unexpecting your love may be,,,,,,But how long you can love someone n keep pouring everything, if you dont get any in return....???

They say love is the strength...but only if there's a balance...both the loves love on an average scale. Both need space, both need to stay away a bit, both feel suffocated with too much of love. (which is rare) . But if one person in the relationship feels that way and the other feels he/she loves more, wants the relationship more, wants more permanancy,,,,,then the real problem starts. We become helpless. We have no control over our own senses, our own emotions. Love or the demand of love makes us vulnerable. We are ready to do anything to get love. Like a begger, begging for the love from the person we love. And here we loose the control over the relationship and become a puppet in the hands of the person we love.

But when in love, we can not do much about this. It's not in our power to love more or less. We just love as we know how to. But the next time we are hurt, we compromise and bear the insult of being not loved the way we love,,,, bear it with a smile and remember the equation. It's not the power of our lover over us, it's the power of our love that makes us weak.

P.S. Those who have ever loved and felt helpless at times, just being at the mercy of the one whom they loved, will definitely understand it.

ranjitjat
January 2nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22202&highlight=love
Love of Jatland- soul ko rich banata hae
ak love jatland ka bhi hae
jo logo ki nind haram karta hae
jisko pane ko soul-Atma bhatkti rahti hae
love ka ras raat- deen tapakta rahta hae
aur poor soul uski bund- bund ky liye
nam badal kar aur vina nam ke ate rahti hae
love ky ras day-night tapakta rahta hae.
Kitni hi soul- love ky nashe mae mast rahti han
try and feel this is true love of life

rkumar
January 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
all of us have some sort of description of what the love is all about. Let me attempt to put my version ;

" Like eight notes in music, we human being have these basic traits of Kam Krodth, lobh, moh, irsha..etc. Like skillful mixing of notes produces the music, same applies to the mixing of human traits in right amount. Like playing music , it needs lots of training to mix hum traits as well. Love between two persons is a coninuous play of human traits. One has to be extremely smart to play it well all the time. When we talk of love between two persons, it becomes a very complex issue. Both of them should be either naturally alike ( very rare indeed) or both must know how to play human traits in "Jugalbandi" to last it forever. There is one more possibily I can think. Its not necessary that both have to be equally skillful. If one is extremely skilful and another is just natural ( not manupulative), things work equally well. Volmes have been written on love because permutations and combinations of human traits is almost infinite.

Infatuation is intoxicating indeed, but unfortunately does not last long in most of the cases. However, it leaves behind some strong experince to learn and explore the deeper meaning of love or for that matter any other human emotion. Unfortunately not all people undergo through infatuation in their life. Like one needs good ears for music, one needs a very sensitive heart for love and a strong brain to identify different levels of human traits to mix them in right amounts. Like everyone can not be a musician, everyone can not be a great lover. In my view this the art of love."

RK^2

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Infatuation is intoxicating indeed, but unfortunately does not last long in most of the cases.
RK^2

It reminds me one of of Oscar Wilde's quote -
"They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever".

rkumar
January 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM

It all depends on the mood and what one has gone through, when one writes something like this. Romance is like looking at a beautiful hill. Unfortunately one does not stop just at looking. Real trouble starts when one starts climbing. Lot many start having hard breath just in first 100 steps and either give up or ask for horse ride. Its only the harder ones who cross this barier and then start enjoying the climb. Those who make it to the top have the wholesome view of everything...Mind you its really worth all the troubles...

RK^2

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
It all depends on the mood and what one has gone through, when one writes something like this. Romance is like looking at a beautiful hill. Unfortunately one does not stop just at looking. Real trouble starts when one starts climbing. Lot many start having hard breath just in first 100 steps and either give up or ask for horse ride. Its only the harder ones who cross this barier and then start enjoying the climb. Those who make it to the top have the wholesome view of everything...Mind you its really worth all the troubles...

RK^2

Very well explained Sir :).
I agree its worth all the troubles.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM

The more you love is the more you hate; All dualities of love/ hate; good/evil happiness/ sadness etc are very western concepts based on duality. To go beyond love and hate and to transcend all dualities is the ethos of the Gita.As the gita says the wise man is sad only once at the time of the sad event later he realise the ephermal nature of everything and transcends his sadness.

To understand what the soul is very important. It is the only thing that is chetan or pure consciousness all other things including the mind are jard or material. You cannot define soul because it is only a feeling. Words cannot explain it because words are limited in time and space. Similarly love cannot be defined because it is only a feeling of harmony and being at peace with the self.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM

Love with yourself is the begining of an endless romance- Oscar wilde

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
The more you love is the more you hate; All dualities of love/ hate; good/evil happiness/ sadness etc are very western concepts based on duality. To go beyond love and hate and to transcend all dualities is the ethos of the Gita.As the gita says the wise man is sad only once at the time of the sad event later he realise the ephermal nature of everything and transcends his sadness.

To understand what the soul is very important. It is the only thing that is chetan or pure consciousness all other things including the mind are jard or material. You cannot define soul because it is only a feeling. Words cannot explain it because words are limited in time and space. Similarly love cannot be defined because it is only a feeling of harmony and being at peace with the self.

Very true.People make mockery of this word.

rkumar
January 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM

Depending upon the state of mind, one will give all sorts of names to love. Above statement by Oscar Wilde is nothing but one of them. Anyone who either fails in love with someone or incapable of reaching to someone whom he or she loves, will come with this sort of solutions. Loving oneself is the best one can do under such circumstances. As I have mentioned somewhere on Jatland, brain is a slave organ and will find solutions for all sorts of failures. In my view this statement on love by Oscar Wilde is nothing more than accepting failure.

RK^2

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 09:09 PM

Wont it be the most selfish form of love then...?

rkumar
January 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM

exactly... . . Weak people are often selfish also. Giving and loving others requires strength which weak people don't have.

RK^2

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Depending upon the state of mind, one will give all sorts of names to love. Above statement by Oscar Wilde is nothing but one of them. Anyone who either fails in love with someone or incapable of reaching to someone whom he or she loves, will come with this sort of solutions. Loving oneself is the best one can do under such circumstances. As I have mentioned somewhere on Jatland, brain is a slave organ and will find solutions for all sorts of failures. In my view this statement on love by Oscar Wilde is nothing more than accepting failure.

RK^2

Science is crude and life is subtle, you need literature to bridge tha gap between science and life. Happy reading:eek:

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
IF ONE IS NOT IN LOVE WITH SELF...IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN IMAGINE LOVING SOME ONE ELSE.IT STARTS FROM THE CONSCIENCE From deep with in.......Human brain is incapable of defying the basics of heart related ingradients.

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Science is crude and life is subtle, you need literature to bridge tha gap between science and life. Happy reading:eek:

Intelligent stuff this.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM

A man incapable of loving himself cannot love anyone else. Love is the coming together of two complete individuals, who are at peace with themselves. The self is the closet thing to dharam that I can think of in the english language.

rkumar
January 2nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
A man incapable of loving himself cannot love anyone else. Love is the coming together of two complete individuals, who are at peace with themselves. The self is the closet thing to dharam that I can think of in the english language.

Rarely I have come across a person who does not love himself or herself. Those who hate themselves, either hang or get reformed till they love themselves. Lovingoneself can be called illuson or mirror gazing also. Real test of a person is in loving others I suppose.

RK^2

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
LOVING ONE SELF MEANS UNDERSTANDING ONE SELF FROM DEEP WITH IN and to understand the very purpose of being around. This awareness comes with efforts,pains and true quality education.It is not every body's cup of tea.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 09:36 PM

Who doesnt love oneself.... rather loves more than anyone else.....thenceforth the selfish intersts cave in.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Rarely I have come across a person who does not love himself or herself. Those who hate themselves, either hang or get reformed till they love themselves. Lovingoneself can be called illuson or mirror gazing also. Real test of a person is in loving others I suppose.

RK^2

Mein vikhandvad mein nahin padta:p

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Mein vikhandvad mein nahin padta:p

Nice take this.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Then the question arises....whom the person loves more... himself or anyone else... and hence the selfish intersts would cave in.

Mam love is not a race abour more or less jitna bhi mil jaya bhoot hai. Baniya ke tool thode na chal rahi hai.love is about giving, and only he can give give who has something

crsnadar
January 2nd, 2008, 09:47 PM
Listen to your Heart...

...it always shows you the path.

But being a social creature there is some way of treading along the path.
Different people so different ways of treading.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Different people so different ways of treading.

Well said Rahul....n being a Psychologist I should understand the individual differences the most. Different people, different thought process, different opinions... Nothing Right, Nothing Wrong.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Mam love is not a race abour more or less jitna bhi mil jaya bhoot hai. Baniya ke tool thode na chal rahi hai.love is about giving, and only he can give give who has something

Didn't mean that Sir... but a question comes to mind,,,as they say love shud be selfless... if one loves oneself most... how can he love others selflessly.
I believe Love is being selfless, considering more of the interests, likings, happiness of the person one loves,,,, but when one is more directed towards self,,, for him his interests are above all.

Just a thought,,, not to offend your opinion.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Didn't mean that Sir... but a question comes to mind,,,as they say love shud be selfless... if one loves oneself most... how can he love others selflessly.
I believe Love is being selfless, considering more of the interests, likings, happiness of the person one loves,,,, but when one is more directed towards self,,, for him his interests are above all.

Neelam mai Sir nahin hu. You and me are saying the samething.You need to understand yourself only then you can do something for others. Man as they say is his own greatest enemy. Apne ko mar ke doosro ko khushi dena angrezi mein sadomaschoism kehta hai purane hindi filmo mein dekhte the

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Neelam mai Sir nahin hu. You and me are saying the samething.You need to understand yourself only then you can do something for others. Man as they say is his own greatest enemy. Apne ko mar ke doosro ko khushi dena angrezi mein sadomaschoism kehta hai purane hindi filmo mein dekhte the

Crisp and simple.GOOD ONE.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Neelam mai Sir nahin hu.

Sorry Mr Dalal.
Btw u also called me mam , never mind :).

shashiverma
January 2nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Its really gud to see a healthy and genuine discussion after a long time...

Well I feel that if one love oneself than they surely have lot more to offer others. Once you have experienced the feeling of loving yourself...nd by loving I do not think it means being selfish.....One should be true to oneself....and when you are in love you rarely think of what you are getting...What you get and what you don´t is probably something you look in relationships and not in love....
You feel the goodness and peace within you...and you want to share and spread that feeling to everyone around you. One just feel like seeing and making everyone else to be as happy as the person themself felt.....

devdahiya
January 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM

Well I feel that if one love oneself than they surely have lot more to offer others. Once you have experienced the feeling of loving yourself...nd by loving I do not think it means being selfish.....One should be true to oneself....and when you are in love you rarely think of what you are getting...What you get and what you don´t is probably something you look in relationships and not in love....
You feel the goodness and peace within you...and you want to share and spread that feeling to everyone around you. One just feel like seeing and making everyone else to be as happy as the person themself felt.....

So very true.This feeling is divine...very few have access to that as it requires a clear understanding of one's conscience and aatama.It is altogether a different awakening.It is simple for those who are kind but impossible for those who are polluted from with in.

pscil
January 2nd, 2008, 10:36 PM

Neelam loving yourself and loving others mein contradiction nahin hai. It is seeing reality from a dialogical point of view and not from a monological perspective. The monological pespective was the reason why Newton could not fully understand the complexity of nature, which Einstien managed to reveal. We use simultaneously the classical mechanics of newton and the relativity of Einstien. Both theories are true at the same time but not on the same level.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 10:44 PM

Well I feel that if one love oneself than they surely have lot more to offer others. ..

Well Said Shashi.... just afraid its nt alws like that.

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Neelam loving yourself and loving others mein contradiction nahin hai. It is seeing reality from a dialogical point of view and not from a monological perspective. The monological pespective was the reason why Newton could not fully understand the complexity of nature, which Einstien managed to reveal. We use simultaneously the classical mechanics of newton and the relativity of Einstien. Both theories are true at the same time but not on the same level.

Very True.

vijay
January 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Love is the spiritual self within us, where we feel peace of mind to see or make someone happy.
A person who loves oneself is the happiest one and only happy and contented people can see or make others people happy and hence can attain the sublime feeling of love.
Whenever there is such a spiritul bond, one can understand the feelings of loved ones without any word spoken out. Believe me, one can feel about someone being happy or sad even from thousands of miles away.:)

pscil
January 3rd, 2008, 08:33 AM

shashi u hit the nail on the head

pscil
January 3rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Sorry Mr Dalal.
Btw u also called me mam :).

good one one up for u on this one

cooljat
January 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Well, RK uncle Saluations n kudos to u! :)

Luv is a buzzword, n read thousands of articles about it but Uncleji this one was arguably the best explanation in very satisfying n simple words!! :)

You Rock uncleji!!

keep Guidin' & Enlighting' us with your wisdom!

Rock on
Jit

all of us have some sort of description of what the love is all about. Let me attempt to put my version ;

" Like eight notes in music, we human being have these basic traits of Kam Krodth, lobh, moh, irsha..etc. Like skillful mixing of notes produces the music, same applies to the mixing of human traits in right amount. Like playing music , it needs lots of training to mix hum traits as well. Love between two persons is a coninuous play of human traits. One has to be extremely smart to play it well all the time. When we talk of love between two persons, it becomes a very complex issue. Both of them should be either naturally alike ( very rare indeed) or both must know how to play human traits in "Jugalbandi" to last it forever. There is one more possibily I can think. Its not necessary that both have to be equally skillful. If one is extremely skilful and another is just natural ( not manupulative), things work equally well. Volmes have been written on love because permutations and combinations of human traits is almost infinite.

Infatuation is intoxicating indeed, but unfortunately does not last long in most of the cases. However, it leaves behind some strong experince to learn and explore the deeper meaning of love or for that matter any other human emotion. Unfortunately not all people undergo through infatuation in their life. Like one needs good ears for music, one needs a very sensitive heart for love and a strong brain to identify different levels of human traits to mix them in right amounts. Like everyone can not be a musician, everyone can not be a great lover. In my view this the art of love."

RK^2

crsnadar
January 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
A well know fact...

...We cann't always achieve all that we LOVE & wanna Possess.
LOVE doesn't accord you to Aquire what you LOVE.

Sometimes & Some situations in life enforce your larynx to LIE to carry out so many vital & ornamental changes in other's life. However denouements may spoil your life to some extent but...

...it's all up to you where you COMPROMISE & how far you COMPROMISE.
Isiliye Kabhi Kabhi Jhooth Bhi Bolna Padta Hai.......but samajhne waale samajh jaate hain.

shobhitdeshwal
February 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hi!

I read a story by Issac Asimov, named True Love, it was overwhelming and I myself being of a very impatient nature in life, know what it is to be loved and what it is to give?

The nature of love is based on evolution, it evolves in various phases. Anywhere, it starts with a desire, the mother loves her child initially for a desire, the father does the same, the child does the same. The child grows up and his/her desires shift from getting love from family.... The search for a companion is what a person fixes himself in.

Love exists in many other forms as well, from time immortal, people have been falling in love with nature and with other stuff, like someone might love going on shopping! Now that is TRUE love, wherein one gets what he wants! With no other human enggaged in the act.

In principle, we are all Narcissists, we all love each other more than we could ever love anything or any being! We love, and so we demand for the fulfilment, the soul does not get respite till we get what we want! And we want people to accede to our soul's demand, we put forth our expectations, we get attached to our expectations and we fail to understand the real mettle, that it is in giving not in recieveing that the soul will excel!

Love in actual sense is giving, giving to the nature might be termed as true love, giving to the lonely might be termed as true love. We do not Love in there as well, one who loves nature, wants his garden to bear fruits and flowers, one who loves a Dog, wants that dog to behave the way He/She wants, one who claims he loves God, wants his wishes to be fulfilled, One who loves his/her spouse and claims to have unconditional love is again fixed in conditions of expectations....

The moment we put forth our expectations, people, nature, God, all turn inimical....

There is a different school of thought, the more you hold, the fast it slips..... Love not, and you will receive it... Love and you will get nothing! And but, there are both needs, to give and to get! A person is able to give when he is able to get.....

The soul will be poor till one learns how to give without receiving......... And once a person learns this, it gets very late, and he has to live with the poverty throughout!

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal

sanjeetsparp
February 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Love is love, and its beautiful ... which happens .... and no one there to explain why it happens .....
Mere ko to din main 10-12 baar hota hai .. or her baar koi reason nahi hota.... meri taraf se to 100% i hota hai .... doosri taraf se hi hamesha .. no signal aata hai ....
Ab system to hai nahi jo server connectivity ping command se dekh loon....

per khabhi to hoga or tab bhi mere paas koi reason nahi hoga ki kyun huaa...

cooljat
February 28th, 2008, 10:17 PM
So Very True!...
Very well explained Bhai :)

Hi!

I read a story by Issac Asimov, named True Love, it was overwhelming and I myself being of a very impatient nature in life, know what it is to be loved and what it is to give?

The nature of love is based on evolution, it evolves in various phases. Anywhere, it starts with a desire, the mother loves her child initially for a desire, the father does the same, the child does the same. The child grows up and his/her desires shift from getting love from family.... The search for a companion is what a person fixes himself in.

Love exists in many other forms as well, from time immortal, people have been falling in love with nature and with other stuff, like someone might love going on shopping! Now that is TRUE love, wherein one gets what he wants! With no other human enggaged in the act.

In principle, we are all Narcissists, we all love each other more than we could ever love anything or any being! We love, and so we demand for the fulfilment, the soul does not get respite till we get what we want! And we want people to accede to our soul's demand, we put forth our expectations, we get attached to our expectations and we fail to understand the real mettle, that it is in giving not in recieveing that the soul will excel!

Love in actual sense is giving, giving to the nature might be termed as true love, giving to the lonely might be termed as true love. We do not Love in there as well, one who loves nature, wants his garden to bear fruits and flowers, one who loves a Dog, wants that dog to behave the way He/She wants, one who claims he loves God, wants his wishes to be fulfilled, One who loves his/her spouse and claims to have unconditional love is again fixed in conditions of expectations....

The moment we put forth our expectations, people, nature, God, all turn inimical....

There is a different school of thought, the more you hold, the fast it slips..... Love not, and you will receive it... Love and you will get nothing! And but, there are both needs, to give and to get! A person is able to give when he is able to get.....

The soul will be poor till one learns how to give without receiving......... And once a person learns this, it gets very late, and he has to live with the poverty throughout!

Cheers!!

Shobhit Deshwal

raj_rathee
March 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
So Very True!...
Very well explained Bhai :)

Jit tunnae pyar ke baare mein kyukar bera?
Tera err uss phat-phatiya ka ke chakkar sae? :eek::p

raj_rathee
March 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Love is love, and its beautiful ... which happens .... and no one there to explain why it happens .....
Mere ko to din main 10-12 baar hota hai .. or her baar koi reason nahi hota.... meri taraf se to 100% i hota hai .... doosri taraf se hi hamesha .. no signal aata hai ....

Din mein 10-12 baar???? Yeh tumhari kya haalat ho gayee hai! Hakeem
ko dikhwaaya? :eek::eek:

Are u doing something seriously wrong? Can't be that difficult bro!!!!

mamtadg
March 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM

RK^2
I am some one who never believe in this word Love.But what ever you said sir i completly agree . so beautifully u explained.

mamtadg
March 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hi!

Shobhit DeshwalAmazing and true..........

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 12:41 AM

RK^2

Sir do u also extend this analogy to the fact that when the child gets older , it demands independence and then a certain sense of deattachment starts to happen , ofcourse the interaction/attachment comes down to a lower level ?

And with concrete examples of lets say a guy and girl in love , would u like to be conservative on assigning the role of the child and parent ? !

Thanks !

I really must say this is a thought provoking post !

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
in my opinion true and real love is one which develops from infatuation. because in that one doesn't get to think of compatbility and others things. infatuation is instant and i personally believe most instant things are pure as a spontaneous thought. compatibilty and other adjusment things are merely other names given to convenience in a relation.

in infatutaion one doesn't think of pros and cons and hence it's real and pure.

but then infatuation can cost one heavily since it doesn't give one security at first. infatuation might not live long and the well thought relation might live forever. but then what dies is real and what doesn't die is unreal, you know the living and non-living difference. but such real love might give you wings but those wings will have wamth along with pinch of pinions

I agree with you Seema ji on this , I think this is one of workable definitions of love and the spontaneity/instantaneour nature of infatuation which can be termed as love if it lasts long ehough gives it enough gas to keep driving on. :)
=========================================
In chemical terms , Entropy driven mechamism :D :D

Awwweee..i love chemistry so much !:)

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
I read this statement somewhere, and it made me think about the power of love. Here's my interpretation of the statement emphasizing on the meaning of poverty of soul.

Can two people love equally ? Is it possible for two people to feel for each other with equal intensity?
Lovers may lie to each other and get into stupid arguments like, 'I love you more' or 'I miss you more' . In life, the relative reality and equation between lovers is as - when two people are in love, one person will love the other more...and the one who loves less controls the relationship. That unfortunately is the starge fact of life. In all other spheres of life, you get more for when you give more.... you work more, you might get paid more.... you study more, you get better grades...and so more.

But you love more and you loose control of the relationship. The one who loves more will want the relationship more and will do more to keep it going...and sacrifice more in the bargain...bear more insults...are hurt more and even compromise more. One keeps on emptying oneself,,, giving oneself to the other to the ultimate. And the more you give, the less you get in return.

I say this is the poverty of soul... that we keep begging for the love, without any regard for the self. Why love makes one so weak ? The day you will renounce your beggage bowl and with it the capacity to be broken, you will be empty of guilt, of danger, of helplessness, even of compassion.

Some say love is pure, selfless, and undemanding. Expect nothing in return. No scope for any deception, greed, blame or blemish. "Niswarth Nishchhal Nirvikaar Prem". This kind of love is not poverty of soul but enriching and empowering purity of soul.

I would say this kinda love exists only in literature,, not in real practical life. No love is without expectations. How so pure n unexpecting your love may be,,,,,,But how long you can love someone n keep pouring everything, if you dont get any in return....???

They say love is the strength...but only if there's a balance...both the loves love on an average scale. Both need space, both need to stay away a bit, both feel suffocated with too much of love. (which is rare) . But if one person in the relationship feels that way and the other feels he/she loves more, wants the relationship more, wants more permanancy,,,,,then the real problem starts. We become helpless. We have no control over our own senses, our own emotions. Love or the demand of love makes us vulnerable. We are ready to do anything to get love. Like a begger, begging for the love from the person we love. And here we loose the control over the relationship and become a puppet in the hands of the person we love.

But when in love, we can not do much about this. It's not in our power to love more or less. We just love as we know how to. But the next time we are hurt, we compromise and bear the insult of being not loved the way we love,,,, bear it with a smile and remember the equation. It's not the power of our lover over us, it's the power of our love that makes us weak.

P.S. Those who have ever loved and felt helpless at times, just being at the mercy of the one whom they loved, will definitely understand it.

Awweee .... absolutely gorgeous thought , i am unfortunate to read them after tow months of their iinception :)

Just to add a point , which u surely had in mind but just forgot to mention it.

--- Like a begger, begging for the love from the person we love.
Every time we are hurt , we think of moving out , but that literally is not an option , Our love+ego (and correct me if i am wrong , it is ego as well ) comes to the rescue of ours and prepares us for yet another assault to be taken calmly. The moments of deep passion and the smiling face of the beloved comes in the front of us and strengthens our resolve to begg till we get it again. The flashes of how much we have put into the relationship comes to the fore and weighs on us.
The decision is obvious : We think of the moment as a passing phase and are resolved to bear the heat in searh for wonderful time ahead.
We are happy to take any hurt.
And the vicious circle carries on.

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 12:59 AM

RK^2

Yes , true. Romance is like seeing an totally unknown smiling and laughing doing all sort of activities without his/her being conscious of your presence.
romance is like falling in love with a kid that just passed through and giving / getting a smile , and you know probably u are never gonan see him/her again.

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 01:22 AM

bhaaai aapne majaak mein hi kahi lekin bahut sahi baat ki hai !

nyun to pata na ki aapko aur mere ko similar types :D se love hota hai lekin mujhe bhi din mein 10 baar pyaar to ho hi jaata hai !!!!
:o

sometimes i fall in love ith a problem ! sometimes with my code , sometimes with a article.

sometimes asweet kid who just randomly smile at me ! sometimess.... well that is surely common :p:D

i remember i was chatting to my cousin sis last week : she was asking how much german i have learnt so far , she was like ich bin "her name" ! ich bin means i am.

I was very stressed out that time , randomly i wrote : ich bin kimai na aata !

and then i laughed over it for half an hour and she also told me that she ahd a good laugh.

Somewhere in the discussion somebody has said , its the perspective on which we define , i agree to this.

We need to define first the perspective on which we are attempting to make a definition.
We generally skip this hard work and a very subtle point.

WE try to be too specific and precise.

Human behaviour is not a software development , in which u can ty and write exact specifications , there are a lot of parameters involved.
Experiences do matter, the best thing one can do is to be accomodative on this , try and take other peoples view and experiences into account and then may be compare and contrast with your situations.

It is debatable on whether we should love ourselves more than anyone else and whetehr we already do it by default. It is also experience specific that love is about giving , recieving or maintaining an balance.
the balance can be intra realtionship or inter relationship. It is very much possible that you are recieving from someone and giving to someone else.

Different psychologists have put love in the category of love ( along with friendship and sexual intimacy) and belonging needs. The twist that can be made can be of many types. It is person specific on what he believes in.

My point is very simple , we still dont know what all comes in love : like so many people have so many strange things/activities which they will call love, so an exhaustive list of what is in love and wahts out is not feasible.

And since it is impossible to predict human baheviour ( at least in my opinion ) , it is difficult ( virtually impossible ) to define what is love.

But yes one obvious issue is the common misuse of the word these days but then again one can argue that people use it as per their beliefes and who are we to question other's belief ?

Such are the mysterious realms of human emotions and feelings ! :) I am in love with the "mysteriousness" ! I really am.

vijay
March 3rd, 2008, 04:59 AM

Pure love doesn't need an essay to write upon ........ it's just about the pure feelings in the heart for someone irrespective of any social boundations

neels
March 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Awweee .... absolutely gorgeous thought , i am unfortunate to read them after tow months of their iinception :)

Just to add a point , which u surely had in mind but just forgot to mention it.

--- Like a begger, begging for the love from the person we love.
Every time we are hurt , we think of moving out , but that literally is not an option , Our love+ego (and correct me if i am wrong , it is ego as well ) comes to the rescue of ours and prepares us for yet another assault to be taken calmly. The moments of deep passion and the smiling face of the beloved comes in the front of us and strengthens our resolve to begg till we get it again. The flashes of how much we have put into the relationship comes to the fore and weighs on us.
The decision is obvious : We think of the moment as a passing phase and are resolved to bear the heat in searh for wonderful time ahead.
We are happy to take any hurt.
And the vicious circle carries on.

First of all Thanks you liked it. It's the philosophy of love by a self-proclainmed philosopher;).
yes... thanks for adding the missing point...:)
it's somewhere the involvement of ego..which don let us walk out. we cant accept defeat(read rejection here) by nature... our ego is hurt in that.. n so we keep entrapped in this vicious loop. In Indian mentality there's one other very big issue.... failure of relationship... we consider it as our own failure... we blame ourselves... we could not handle/maintain a relationship... and just to avoid that failure,,, we keep suffering at any cost.... failing to understand that there are many other reasons which are beyond our limits and for which we are not responsible..nor are we failures.
Yes your point (in green) is very valid....with the flashes of those happy moments of the past.... its quite difficult to accept the present which may be different.

neels
March 3rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
sometimes i fall in love with a problem ! sometimes with my code , sometimes with a article.
sometimes asweet kid who just randomly smile at me ! sometimess.... well that is surely common :p:D

Well its a very positive sign to be in love with the different things you are associated:)

i remember i was chatting to my cousin sis last week : she was asking how much german i have learnt so far , she was like ich bin "her name" ! ich bin means i am.

I was very stressed out that time , randomly i wrote : ich bin kimai na aata !

and then i laughed over it for half an hour and she also told me that she ahd a good laugh.

Somewhere in the discussion somebody has said , its the perspective on which we define , i agree to this.

We need to define first the perspective on which we are attempting to make a definition.
We generally skip this hard work and a very subtle point.

WE try to be too specific and precise.

Human behaviour is not a software development , in which u can ty and write exact specifications , there are a lot of parameters involved.
Experiences do matter, the best thing one can do is to be accomodative on this , try and take other peoples view and experiences into account and then may be compare and contrast with your situations.

It is debatable on whether we should love ourselves more than anyone else and whetehr we already do it by default. It is also experience specific that love is about giving , recieving or maintaining an balance.
the balance can be intra realtionship or inter relationship. It is very much possible that you are recieving from someone and giving to someone else.

Different psychologists have put love in the category of love ( along with friendship and sexual intimacy) and belonging needs. The twist that can be made can be of many types. It is person specific on what he believes in.

My point is very simple , we still dont know what all comes in love : like so many people have so many strange things/activities which they will call love, so an exhaustive list of what is in love and wahts out is not feasible.

And since it is impossible to predict human baheviour ( at least in my opinion ) , it is difficult ( virtually impossible ) to define what is love.

But yes one obvious issue is the common misuse of the word these days but then again one can argue that people use it as per their beliefes and who are we to question other's belief ?

Such are the mysterious realms of human emotions and feelings ! :) I am in love with the "mysteriousness" ! I really am.

Well you ve explained the mysteries of Human Behaviour quite reasonably....so I don think need to explore it more from psychologist's point of view. but yea can surely add sthing to define love (Psychological concept).
Its an emotion ... which comes with lots of bodily changes-internal n external- like all other emotions. But undoubtedly more discussed than any other emotion. Sternberg, in his Triangular theory of Love, has described love by three elements- intimacy, passion and commitment. Each of these can be present in various degrees in a relationship resulting into diff combinations. and so Psychology, theoritically, describes following types of love -

-Liking or friendship (Intimacy)
-Infatuation or limerence (Passion)
-Empty love (commitment)
-Romantic love (intimacy+passion)
-Companionate love (intimacy+commitment)
-Fatuous love (passion+commitment)
-Consummate love (intimacy+passion+commitment)

neels
March 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Pure love doesn't need an essay to write upon ........ it's just about the pure feelings in the heart for someone irrespective of any social boundations

Hmmmm.. Well it's not necessary at all that everyone writes an essay...but surely if no one ll write,,how we ll ve those infinite no. of pages of information.:);):p

neels
March 3rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi!

Shobhit Deshwal

Thoughtful lines.... this is the real struggle.

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
theoritically, describes 6 types of love -

-Liking of friendship (Intimacy)
-Infatuation or limerence (Passion)
-Empty love (commitment)
-Romantic love (intimacy+passion)
-Companionate love (intimacy+commitment)
-Fatuous love (passion+commitment)
-Consummate love (intimacy+passion+commitment)

7 to be mathematically precise ! :D:o

Sorry could not resist myself !

Sternberg theory padhni padgi ibb to !! :confused:

neels
March 3rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
7 to be mathematically precise ! :D:o

Sorry could not resist myself !

Sternberg theory padhni padgi ibb to !! :confused:
Thanks to correct .... one shud..... n when one is mathematician,,, responsibility is more:).

anilsinghd
March 6th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks to correct .... one shud..... n when one is mathematician,,, responsibility is more:).

he he he he he :o