PDA

View Full Version : Worth making a note .. where are we heading

trueblueindian
October 14th, 2007, 12:14 AM
today i was watching television ... i was shocked to notice that SINGING COMPETETION contestants got over 10 Cr. votes in the final .... well thats all gud but the sad part is that in general elections this country has a voting stastics of around 40 Cr. (35-45 % avg. of total population).. is it that Indians now do not belive in elections or that it is considered a waste excersice ... well we know the answers also .. but the concern is the way we take things .... are we really concerned about the state and future of this nation or is it that entertainment takes an edge over the fate of nation ...

even as discussed earlier it was personel benefits and individual likes and dislikes that was the key factor for voting in this country now according to stastics " reach of TV and access to mobiles* is limited in comparison to electroral process"

*voting method

would love to hear views of members ... especially senior members

dkumars
October 14th, 2007, 01:10 AM
today i was watching television ... i was shocked to notice that SINGING COMPETETION contestants got over 10 Cr. votes in the final .... well thats all gud but the sad part is that in general elections this country has a voting stastics of around 40 Cr. (35-45 % avg. of total population).. is it that Indians now do not belive in elections or that it is considered a waste excersice ... well we know the answers also .. but the concern is the way we take things .... are we really concerned about the state and future of this nation or is it that entertainment takes an edge over the fate of nation ...

even as discussed earlier it was personel benefits and individual likes and dislikes that was the key factor for voting in this country now according to stastics " reach of TV and access to mobiles* is limited in comparison to electroral process"

*voting method

would love to hear views of members ... especially senior members

Hmmm... good question... but as u asked n me too would love to hear views of members ... especially senior members.

VirenderNarwal
October 14th, 2007, 03:56 AM
भाई सन्देश जी…….आज इस सा-रे-गा-मा ने तीन घन्टे में कम से कम 100 करोड रूपैया कमाया है….ओर baantya सिर्फ़ 50 लाख का इनाम और एक स्पार्क कार……भाई जनता का उल्लू गांठना ते कोए इनसे सिखे……।
10 Crore SMS means per SMS @ 6 Rupees…10x6=60 Crore and rest of 40 Crore from sponsors and from Advertisement. Gr8
बाकी प्रोग्राम अच्छा था……..काफ़ी नया पन था……Old songs..new songs…Sad songs, marriage songs..fok songs……love songs….कव्वाली……शुफ़ी गाने…har tarah ka mishran tha…aur ek badhiya mahol k sath.……|

Rahi baat vote daalne ki…bhai ji hame sirf dusre ko blame karma aata hai…. Ki....flani party sahi kaam nahi kar rahi hai….lekin jab hame vote daalne ka time aata hai…to ghar se nahi nikalte…arre koun jave……?
Ek aacha nagrik aur voter hone ke naate ham sab ka farz banta hai ke ham aapne vote ka sadupayog karte hue..kabeel logon ke hathon mein es desh aur samaj ko chalane ki bag dor sonpe.

satyeshwar
October 14th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Three interesting points to note:
1) The 10 crore votes were not all from India, they were from all over the world (I am sure that a significant portion of Pakistanis voted as well)
2) American Idol got more votes than the presedential elections. This Indian competition was only 1/4th. Think about where Americans are headed!
3) The voting mechanism is definitely easier than to stand in hours long line. Also, it appeals more to the youth.

One thing though, I read somewhere that Pakistanis watched this show as fervently as us. Perhaps it would be cultural/music programs like these that could bring us together some day or at least build a bridge?

devdahiya
October 14th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Three interesting points to note:
1) The 10 crore votes were not all from India, they were from all over the world (I am sure that a significant portion of Pakistanis voted as well)
2) American Idol got more votes than the presedential elections. This Indian competition was only 1/4th. Think about where Americans are headed!
3) The voting mechanism is definitely easier than to stand in hours long line. Also, it appeals more to the youth.

One thing though, I read somewhere that Pakistanis watched this show as fervently as us. Perhaps it would be cultural/music programs like these that could bring us together some day or at least build a bridge?

Dharti khattam ho jyaggi par yo nahin ho sakta........From that side of the border.