PDA

View Full Version : Kahani Deepa Kee

dahiyars
October 19th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Dear All

Deepa is a one of the 25 ladies interviewed in a case study.

Deepa was 24 years old and her husband was 30 years old . She had two abortions at two and half months, third was a 8 month girl who died. Chhora to chahiye jaroor. Then she had to have a fourth child to be a girl The girl was.one and half years old and at the time of interview. Compelled to have 5th baby who was a headless baby in 5th month term detected on USG. Medically advised to get abortion. Got aborted. The nanad had given her a tablet for son from Bahadurgarh for her last pregnancy. She was told not to see a woman for one hour after taking the tablet . . She has been married for 5 years and got pregnant within 2 months for the first time and since then she was under social stress to give birth to a boy. Lost in follow up. Donot know what happened next? Can we imagine what might have happened with her.?

R.S. Dahiya

shashiverma
October 19th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Do we need to imagine what happened to her??...We all know what happen in our society. We do not need to go too far to know and see such stories....we see them everynow and then. I will not be surprised if you tell me that she belongs to an educated family or she herself is well educated or may be a doctor herself...
Even after being so well educated we still live with these differences. Then there will be some educated people who will say that we are not against daughters but ek beta to hona hei chaiyee....and who cares what happen to Deepa or anyone. Is she anything more than machine....who cares for wat she goes through....
I do not understand why people just can not grow up as far as this subject is concerned. The only hope i can see is the youth....we need to understand that it does not matter whether the child is a boy or girl. But as long as the couple themself do not understand this, no one can help.
Her husband should understand that Deepa is just not a production machine but a humanbeing and apart from that deepa herself need to understand that.
They need to realise that the one whom they kill is their child and just not a piece of flash.

dharmender
October 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Dear Shashi,
you are 100% true that even in this time some families & husbands are so selfish that they dont care about the woman.
Things are worst when a mother (mother in law) also participate in such crime. I dont understand why such people forgets they they themselvs also got birth from a woman.
All we can say is only our youth can control such incidents

ssindhu
October 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Dear Shashi,
you are 100% true that even in this time some families & husbands are so selfish that they dont care about the woman.
Things are worst when a mother (mother in law) also participate in such crime. I dont understand why such people forgets they they themselvs also got birth from a woman.
All we can say is only our youth can control such incidents
boss youth also listens to mommies first. they dont have a brain of their own in india

trueblueindian
October 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
boss youth also listens to mommies first. they dont have a brain of their own in india

just curious to know ?? that youth defines males only ???/

yes the entire social structure has to be blamed for these unhuman activities .. and sadly as discussed time and again .. the biggest enemy of a woman is a woman only .. like in this case also ... MIL and Nanad ... god knows why ?? why do they forget that even they took birth ??? why do they forget they they were and will be mothers themselves also .... ?? and these husbands ... god knows why do they even marry for that matter ....

sad .. sad... very sad ... only time will tell whn these things will stop happening in our country ......

dndeswal
October 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM
just curious to know ?? that youth defines males only ???/

yes the entire social structure has to be blamed for these unhuman activities .. and sadly as discussed time and again .. the biggest enemy of a woman is a woman only .. like in this case also ... MIL and Nanad ... god knows why ?? why do they forget that even they took birth ??? why do they forget they they were and will be mothers themselves also .... ?? and these husbands ... god knows why do they even marry for that matter ....

sad .. sad... very sad ... only time will tell whn these things will stop happening in our country ......

I totally agree with this view Sandesh. I have highlighted this fact in other threads on this subject. But here on these forums, why to lock horns with our fellow Jatnis who are habitual of blaming the male society for all the evils on earth !

trueblueindian
October 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I totally agree with this view Sandesh. I have highlighted this fact in other threads on this subject. But here on these forums, why to lock horns with our fellow Jatnis who are habitual of blaming the male society for all the evils on earth !

truth will remain truth Sir, can we change that ?? by debating or scoring a point ... as in this casealso its a sad situatuion and it would remain so till the defining moment comes .... when ?? noone knows... i guess !!

infact i also agree to you that this has been discussed so many times ... it seems useless to respond now ... coz all it brings out isa broken heart and a feeling of helpnessness ....... afterall these butchers are not going to listen ... ata nahi yeh kaunsi duniya hai jahan yeah sabhotta hai ... shayd hum log uss duniya me reh kar bhi usse nahi jaante ... wot a strange thing !!