PDA

View Full Version : Jats working in Corporate world - A call for JJ

jitendershooda
October 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hello Friends,

This is in regard of JanJagriti, an NGO that was the thought of Navin Gulia ( http://www.NavinGulia.com ). Some more members joined through JatLand and we come up with a site (http://www.janjagriti.com).

We had several meetings for the same and now there are few active members and several silent members of JJ.

One thread is also dedicated to the JJ on jatland:
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11232

We took up village barhana near Sampla (Haryana) as the first base. We are conducting classes, established library, computer lab and organised sports events yearly etc.. For more details you can go through the site and its picture gallery.

This is to generate funds for the JJ.

As we all know that these organisations in corporate world have one department with different names but with the same motto of helping or returning to society. For this they adopt some NGOs and support them financially and with manual efforts also.

I am working with Xansa and I had followed them up to have a visit of VP CSR to the site. They have arranged some help and talks are in progress. For this the main hurdle is the location; that is too far away and they have a point that employees will not be able to visit these places and thats why they only pick NGOs from the NCR and nearby regions only. I had long discussions with them and asked them is it logical to pick only nearby ones only, if this will carry on who will listen or help to the organisations like JJ who are working in remote areas those need our help truely. Then they found it quite logical and agreed.

So you all also have to go by the same enthusiasm and following up them timely. One motto should be there, we have to get it registered in their list of NGOs, no matter how much they contribute. Hope fully out of our efforts; one organisation may pick JJ as full time and this will solve all our financial problems.

First of all you take your time and come up with any doubts about JJ. May be some questions or suggestions. I assure you that this is not like many other fake NGOs and this you will find by the JJ site too. Also you can call me at 9899246021 or Navin Gulia Bhai saab 9810245996 for more clarifications.

Its a matter of community help too as this was the idea of few jats, though we have now for the official registration reasons removed the word Jat from the documents. So Jat guys and gals come up with fair efforts and help towards this NGO of our people truely for the help of our society.

Please circulate this to other jat friends of yours who are working in some other organisations. In todays scenerio we must be having our people all around. So Members please come forward for this noble cause, this will not cost us much, only we need to do is some sincere efforts. This is the right time and opportunity to help a true NGO founded by our community friends. Please dont let these sincere efforts of Navin Gulia and others die only because of financial reasons, Navin Gulia have declined several job opportunities only for this social cause.

Good Luck, wishing to hear some good news.

Regards,
Jitender Singh Hooda

dkumars
November 20th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the information. I will try my level best and expect same from others.

All the very best Jitender Navin and group:)

stokas
November 21st, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hello Friends,

This is in regard of JanJagriti, an NGO that was the thought of Navin Gulia ( http://www.NavinGulia.com ). Some more members joined through JatLand and we come up with a site (http://www.janjagriti.com).

We had several meetings for the same and now there are few active members and several silent members of JJ.

One thread is also dedicated to the JJ on jatland:
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11232

We took up village barhana near Sampla (Haryana) as the first base. We are conducting classes, established library, computer lab and organised sports events yearly etc.. For more details you can go through the site and its picture gallery.

This is to generate funds for the JJ.

As we all know that these organisations in corporate world have one department with different names but with the same motto of helping or returning to society. For this they adopt some NGOs and support them financially and with manual efforts also.

I am working with Xansa and I had followed them up to have a visit of VP CSR to the site. They have arranged some help and talks are in progress. For this the main hurdle is the location; that is too far away and they have a point that employees will not be able to visit these places and thats why they only pick NGOs from the NCR and nearby regions only. I had long discussions with them and asked them is it logical to pick only nearby ones only, if this will carry on who will listen or help to the organisations like JJ who are working in remote areas those need our help truely. Then they found it quite logical and agreed.

So you all also have to go by the same enthusiasm and following up them timely. One motto should be there, we have to get it registered in their list of NGOs, no matter how much they contribute. Hope fully out of our efforts; one organisation may pick JJ as full time and this will solve all our financial problems.

First of all you take your time and come up with any doubts about JJ. May be some questions or suggestions. I assure you that this is not like many other fake NGOs and this you will find by the JJ site too. Also you can call me at 9899246021 or Navin Gulia Bhai saab 9810245996 for more clarifications.

Its a matter of community help too as this was the idea of few jats, though we have now for the official registration reasons removed the word Jat from the documents. So Jat guys and gals come up with fair efforts and help towards this NGO of our people truely for the help of our society.

Please circulate this to other jat friends of yours who are working in some other organisations. In todays scenerio we must be having our people all around. So Members please come forward for this noble cause, this will not cost us much, only we need to do is some sincere efforts. This is the right time and opportunity to help a true NGO founded by our community friends. Please dont let these sincere efforts of Navin Gulia and others die only because of financial reasons, Navin Gulia have declined several job opportunities only for this social cause.

Good Luck, wishing to hear some good news.

Regards,
Jitender Singh Hooda

I have to say a few 'words' about JJ!! Maybe, at a later stage!

I wish to contribute Rs. 2 lakhs to JJ!! How should I proceed??

Where is the need to involve "corporates" at this time!!

Regards and love to you Jitender bhai for your kindly help in developing www.janjagriti.com - along with other Jatland members for their kind help (monetary and otherwise!) provided to JJ!!

I love you all!!

Regards!

spdeshwal
November 21st, 2007, 06:21 AM
Dear Shailender

Jitender's call to seek help from people of the corporate world shouldn't be seen as a negative point. Various corporations donate to NGOs/ Charity organizatios and get Tax benefits. I don't know exactly, what are the tax implication of donations and it effects on the running of the organisation. May be some additional audit/ compliance etc.

I know JJ has volunteers like who support it with " Tan, Man Dhan" but to enlarge the sphere of the activities you need outside help.

I hope and believe that your offer should encourge other members as well to come forward and participate.

cheers!

stokas
November 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Dear Shailender

Jitender's call to seek help from people of the corporate world shouldn't be seen as a negative point.

I know JJ has volunteers like who support it with " Tan, Man Dhan" but to enlarge the sphere of the activities you need outside help.

I hope and believe that your offer should encourge other members as well to come forward and participate.

cheers!

Dear bhaisaab,

Seeking help from corporate world is never a bad idea and Jitender's call for the same is a simplistic approach and his enthusiasm for JJ - and I haven't took it as a negative one! He is doing his best and an honorary member of 'Team JJ'.

The thing is - JJ has been discussed and talked about a lot over the 'internet' and not on ground!!

I might be 'discussing' JJ over here at a later stage!

But, first things first!!

Regards!

desijat
November 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM
I remember last year around same time when i was working with Ericsson, i had suggested the same idea to Navin bhai but the trouble one has to face here is that the people who are into CSR already have their chosen fav NGOs which are generally owned or run by their friends.
Other reason for being Fav. is that NGOs like helpage India, being a big name can give them more leverage on PR activities... after all no MNC sees CSR as a step to give back to society but to earn more(Name and goodwill) by donations too.

nnature2007
December 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
U are doing great Job.
With warm Regards

jitendershooda
December 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I remember last year around same time when i was working with Ericsson, i had suggested the same idea to Navin bhai but the trouble one has to face here is that the people who are into CSR already have their chosen fav NGOs which are generally owned or run by their friends.
Other reason for being Fav. is that NGOs like helpage India, being a big name can give them more leverage on PR activities... after all no MNC sees CSR as a step to give back to society but to earn more(Name and goodwill) by donations too.

You are right Vikas, they have already chosen some of their own links NGOs and favour only them. In goron ko to jagah le jaenge kuch pata nahi chalega. But still I feel is that whatever is in our hands we should do if we dont get anything its fate and if get then its a bonus. We are loosing nothing in trying with our positive counts and real efforts done. We can say them to have a visit atleast without any helping hand. We will provide them home pick and drop.

Out of 100 efforts if one or two are succeeded then it will be much more to get our NGOs on track. These companies invest handsome amounts per year on such tasks. So lets try and hope for the best.