PDA

View Full Version : Common Hair Problems

Maniisha
October 5th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Hello frnds,
I came across with this hair care tips which i want to share with u all..:)

Good hair is not an impossibility - all you need to do is take care of it. Here are some pointers

1. De-frizz!

On weekends or once in a fortnight, dab an intensive conditioner or coat your hair with protein liquid (available at beauty salons as a power dose treatment for hair).

Applying good Jojoba oil at the ends of your hair or the frizziest parts of your hair is another good option.

Pin up your hair or wrap it in plastic and sleep on it. This will restore the absent moisture and control the frizz.

2. Ensure your hair is completely dry before you step out

When wet hair is exposed to direct sunlight, it can get damaged. It might result in hair fall and discolouration.

3. Avoid hair dryers and hot curling tools. Try a desi trick!

Hair dryers and hot curling tools heat up your hair and tend to make it dry.

If you really want to go for the curly look, braid your hair when semi-wet.

This will settle into beautiful waves when dry.

4. Be careful with those hair serums

Do not overuse shine products to control frizzes -- they often contain silicone that can coat your hair after just a few applications and can prove harmful.

5. Swim safe and use the sun to your advantage!

A summer swim can be blissful. But chlorinated water can play havoc with your hair.

To prevent damage, wet your hair with tap water before you swim. The more wet your hair before you swim, the less salt water and chlorine it will absorb.

After the swim, rinse out the chlorinated water. And comb a dollop of deep-conditioning treatment on your hair. Let the heat of the sun help the treatment penetrate.

6. Stay dandruff-free

Not washing hair properly, frequent use of hair sprays and gels, excessive use of hot curling irons, poor hair-friendly diet or even stress can cause dandruff.

So stay clean and nourished and steer clear off dandruff.

Dr Prashant K Palwade, a consultant dermatologist, reveals that dandruff not only leads to itchiness and irritation of the scalp, it can also cause problems like acne, skin rashes and hair loss.

He says, "It is not necessary to use an anti-dandruff shampoo if the dandruff is not excessive. Use a shampoo that is suitable for your hair, regularly, and keep your hair squeaky clean. That is good enough to drive dandruff away.

"Use an anti-dandruff shampoo only if the dandruff is excessive. Continue the use for two months after the dandruff is gone. Shampoos with lemon and olive oil extract are particularly good for dandruff-prone hair."

Sunsilk Anti-Dandruff shampoo (Rs 37, 100 ml); Clinic All Clear Dandruff Shampoo (Rs 125, 200 ml); Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Rs 122, 200 ml) are good bets.

Neutrogena Shampoo is a medicated anti-dandruff shampoo that works well as well.

Note: Anti-dandruff shampoos are harsh on your hair, so make sure you use a good conditioner after you shampoo it.

rohit62
October 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
manisha,,all shampoos an condionters are bad for hair, be it of any make they all contain chemicals.

some desi tips

1. apply curd mix with lemon,( shiny hair no dandruff)
2. apply egg yolk
3.avoid washing hair with warm water it destroys the roots.

straight an simple desi methods follow them ulll know the diff.

rahulkumar
October 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
what about dabur vatika hair oil? does it help

cooljat
October 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Well, gud info Manisha, thx :)

Btw, can anybody suggest me ny remedy for Grey hair???

My hair started turning Grey for last 12 months n so... :)

thou I hardly worried about my hair....cuz I keep fauzi cut & I dont mind if they keep turnin' grey n give sorta 'Richard Gere' look ;):p:D

but I wud surely appreciate if someone suggest me a gud rememdy to prevent it...btw, I used Dabur Amla Oil daliy n occasionaly use normal shampoo, I hardly use Heena;....I dont have dandruff either!

waitin ...

Rock on
Jit

Maniisha
October 12th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Stress only causes falling of hair. This affects only black hair,
which is how the grey begins to show more as the black hair decreases.
Greying, especially premature greying, is determined more by your genes.

You can apply Henna for this Jeet Ji..:)

devdahiya
October 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Stress only causes falling of hair. This affects only black hair,
which is how the grey begins to show more as the black hair decreases.
Greying, especially premature greying, is determined more by your genes.

You can apply Henna for this Jeet Ji..:)

Chhori yo phottu baddal hadde tein......nakkali matt lawei arr isse-2 tei kadde bi nahin...kadde tein thha ke lyai se?

devdahiya
October 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM

thou I hardly worried about my hair....cuz I keep fauzi cut & I dont mind if they keep turnin' grey n give sorta 'Richard Gere' look ;):p:D

but I wud surely appreciate if someone suggest me a gud rememdy to prevent it...btw, I used Dabur Amla Oil daliy n occasionaly use normal shampoo, I hardly use Heena;....I dont have dandruff either!

waitin ...

Rock on
Jit

Falttu jirrah baazzi chhodd ke rahi-2 chalnna shhurru kar de..saarre kaale ho jyangge.....Ibbe bhot kuchh karna se beera.

Maniisha
October 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Chhori yo phottu baddal hadde tein......nakkali matt lawei arr isse-2 tei kadde bi nahin...kadde tein thha ke lyai se?

manney badiya lagya Kaku ji.. :)
koi ni Aapne kahi te badaldiya.....

dkumars
October 12th, 2007, 03:00 PM

waitin ...

Rock on
Jit

Yeah tell me too... aur mein fauji cut bhi nahi rakhta.. mere hairs toh lambe hei and i apply sarso(mustard) ka tail... m having dandaruff too... a permanent friend... abb jata hi nahi hai toh dosti kar li hai... hehe

devdahiya
October 12th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah tell me too... aur mein fauji cut bhi nahi rakhta.. mere hairs toh lambe hei and i apply sarso(mustard) ka tail... m having dandaruff too... a permanent friend... abb jata hi nahi hai toh dosti kar li hai... hehe

Kalla tel oozz le appne NARIYAL pe.....kalle ho jyangge.

dkumars
October 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Kalla tel oozz le appne NARIYAL pe.....kalle ho jyangge.

kaka issi baat karkai nei bahoot hasa de hai tu arr pher aas paad log bujhaan laag ja sei ke hoyaa... hehehe

sudhakarsingh
October 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hello frnds,
I came across with this hair care tips which i want to share with u all..:)

Good hair is not an impossibility - all you need to do is take care of it. Here are some pointers

1. De-frizz!

On weekends or once in a fortnight, dab an intensive conditioner or coat your hair with protein liquid (available at beauty salons as a power dose treatment for hair).

Applying good Jojoba oil at the ends of your hair or the frizziest parts of your hair is another good option.

Pin up your hair or wrap it in plastic and sleep on it. This will restore the absent moisture and control the frizz.

2. Ensure your hair is completely dry before you step out

When wet hair is exposed to direct sunlight, it can get damaged. It might result in hair fall and discolouration.

3. Avoid hair dryers and hot curling tools. Try a desi trick!

Hair dryers and hot curling tools heat up your hair and tend to make it dry.

If you really want to go for the curly look, braid your hair when semi-wet.

This will settle into beautiful waves when dry.

4. Be careful with those hair serums

Do not overuse shine products to control frizzes -- they often contain silicone that can coat your hair after just a few applications and can prove harmful.

5. Swim safe and use the sun to your advantage!

A summer swim can be blissful. But chlorinated water can play havoc with your hair.

To prevent damage, wet your hair with tap water before you swim. The more wet your hair before you swim, the less salt water and chlorine it will absorb.

After the swim, rinse out the chlorinated water. And comb a dollop of deep-conditioning treatment on your hair. Let the heat of the sun help the treatment penetrate.

6. Stay dandruff-free

Not washing hair properly, frequent use of hair sprays and gels, excessive use of hot curling irons, poor hair-friendly diet or even stress can cause dandruff.

So stay clean and nourished and steer clear off dandruff.

Dr Prashant K Palwade, a consultant dermatologist, reveals that dandruff not only leads to itchiness and irritation of the scalp, it can also cause problems like acne, skin rashes and hair loss.

He says, "It is not necessary to use an anti-dandruff shampoo if the dandruff is not excessive. Use a shampoo that is suitable for your hair, regularly, and keep your hair squeaky clean. That is good enough to drive dandruff away.

"Use an anti-dandruff shampoo only if the dandruff is excessive. Continue the use for two months after the dandruff is gone. Shampoos with lemon and olive oil extract are particularly good for dandruff-prone hair."

Sunsilk Anti-Dandruff shampoo (Rs 37, 100 ml); Clinic All Clear Dandruff Shampoo (Rs 125, 200 ml); Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (Rs 122, 200 ml) are good bets.

Neutrogena Shampoo is a medicated anti-dandruff shampoo that works well as well.

Note: Anti-dandruff shampoos are harsh on your hair, so make sure you use a good conditioner after you shampoo it.

wat i do for dandruff ??????????????
m sffring frm dis prob. :confused:

nitika
October 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM
To avoid dandruff u have to apply these simple tips :

1. apply curd with a teaspoon of lemon juice then wash ur hair after 1 hr with a mild shampoo (avoid using dandruff control shampoo bcuz they contains harmful chemicals)
2. apply warm coconut oil with a teaspoon of lemon juice then wash after half an hour.
and also control ur hair fall and increase the length of hair.
These two are most effective tips as i have very long hair and these tips helps me a lot .

dkumars
October 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM

1. apply curd with a teaspoon of lemon juice then wash ur hair after 1 hr with a mild shampoo (avoid using dandruff control shampoo bcuz they contains harmful chemicals)
2. apply warm coconut oil with a teaspoon of lemon juice then wash after half an hour.
These two are most effective tips as i have very long hair and these tips helps me a lot .

hmmm.. it sounds good... thanks

Maniisha
October 14th, 2007, 11:03 PM

Hey Nitika..:)
Even the same thing m trying really it helps me too :)

vivekdh
October 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM
1 beer khairad ke le aao usne 10-15 din tai padi rehan do urr jab waa purani ho jaa to 1 din sar me ger lo orr fer dho lo kasute chamak jaange.Jit bhai this will not work for you. bcs tu 10-15 din padi rahan hi naa de khairad te hi chep dega tu :D

cooljat
October 15th, 2007, 02:54 PM
tu kasuti search le ke aaya ss bhai Dhankar :p

:D:D:D Yaani eib mere baal hamesa dholle hi rehenge :(:(

koi naa ustara firwa lenge....lekin beer ne waste na hone denge :cool::cool:

Rock on
Jit

1 beer khairad ke le aao usne 10-15 din tai padi rehan do urr jab waa purani ho jaa to 1 din sar me ger lo orr fer dho lo kasute chamak jaange.Jit bhai this will not work for you. bcs tu 10-15 din padi rahan hi naa de khairad te hi chep dega tu :D

aabhisheksirohi
October 16th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Cant say much about it but my granny used to wash her hair with Multani Mutti - Curd mix !!

itsnavin
October 19th, 2007, 05:48 PM
what about dabur vatika hair oil? does it help

yes..it really help. I've been using it for the last 10-12 years...aur abhi tak ganja nahin hua...;-) this is the proof!

indian4529
November 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
http://punjabijunktion.com/forum/images/icons/icon2.gif Common Hair Problems

Women and their hair. There are very few things in life we are more obsessed with. Styling, perming, straightening, highlighting - we spend an incredible amount of time and money on what lies atop our head. This is probably why we suffer genuine distress when something goes wrong with our flowing mane. Such things simply shouldn't happen... but they do. There's a of myriad of conditions lurking in the shadows locks but by far and away the most common are as follow:

Split ends
A split end is where the hair becomes dry and brittle, usually at the end, and begins to split. This is usually caused by:

- lack of conditioning
- over brushing/combing
- over perming
- over colouriong
- any insensitive use of heated hair appliances
Once a hair splits it cannot be treated or repaired. The only thing you can do is cut it off. The best way to avoid developing split ends is to treat your hair with care. It's a living part of you just like your skin so be gentle.

Dandruff
The true definition of dandruff is quite distinct from a itchy or flaky scalp. The white dead skin you see on your shoulder is due to a flaky scalp, not dandruff. Dandruff manifests itself in scaly particles which tend to remain at the root of the hair. It can be caused by a poor diet, slow metabolism or sometimes through an infection. It is also believed that stress may play a part in the development of this scalp condition. There are many products available to effectively treat dandruff but make sure you're not buying one for flaky scalp. Because of the common misconception that a flaky scalp is dandruff, manufacturers unhelpfully promote their flaky scalp products as dandruff products. Always read the label closely to ensure the product is a designed for your problem.

Flaky scalp
A flaky or itchy scalp produces those little white flakes of dead skin that many of us are all too used to seeing. The main causes of this condition are improper shampooing/rinsing, a poor diet lacking in essential vitamins and external factors such as central heating and air conditioning. The best thing you can do to help with this problem is use a good quality, moisture rich shampoo and conditioner.

Frizzy hair
Frizzy hair is generally caused by your hair follicles absorbing too much moisture from the air. This produces the dry, uncontrollable effect which many women are cursed with. However, some women's frizzy hair is caused by their natural moisture level dropping below normal levels. The condition can also be caused by too much brushing or simply through the genes passed onto us from our parents. They key to dealing with frizzy hair is to identify which of these potential causes is behind your frizziness. You can then choose which type of product to effectively address the problem

ritu
November 29th, 2007, 07:55 AM
this one is really effective.

suniljakhar
November 29th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Dev kaka, raah ki baat bata dee aapne jama, arr un b you thakar aaj ka thoda a se, umar ka b to kame tagaja ho se ;);), jite eb chinta karni chhhod de, chahe vo gandase aala kala tael la lae tu, jab b kaale na ho ye tere kesh :D:D

Falttu jirrah baazzi chhodd ke rahi-2 chalnna shhurru kar de..saarre kaale ho jyangge.....Ibbe bhot kuchh karna se beera.

waitin ...

Rock on
Jit

cooljat
November 29th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Datt ja tu ek be,
Tu mere Kaale na hone de kesh koi na !!:mad:
lekin mein thaari taat pe ustara jaroor phirwaoonga!! :D:p
Teri taat ko to mein jamma Banjar kar doonga dekhliye!! :D:D:D

Rock on
Jit

jite eb chinta karni chhhod de, chahe vo gandase aala kala tael la lae tu, jab b kaale na ho ye tere kesh :D:D

suniljakhar
November 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
aree tau naukri badal lee k tanne, yo hair cuttin saloon kad kholya tanne jo nare ustrae ar bala ki baat kare se tu :D:D:D:D

Datt ja tu ek be,
Tu mere Kaale na hone de kesh koi na !!:mad:
lekin mein thaari taat pe ustara jaroor phirwaoonga!! :D:p
Teri taat ko to mein jamma Banjar kar doonga dekhliye!! :D:D:D

Rock on
Jit

anilsangwan
November 30th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Jit aar Sunil... nyu e laagey rahe thamm donu... to kissey ne kaaley karaan ki jaruut koni... donu e ganjey ho jaogey... Jatan ke balak.. ladayee mein baal pakadd ke kheencha karein... :D

sandeeprathee
November 30th, 2007, 04:28 PM
bhai mere sir pe bhi pichle 1 saal se 2 dhole baal hain.........na badhte na ghat-te. main to in-ne padta bhi daroon soon......kade 2 ke 4 ho jaaven :confused:. kise bhai dhore 2 baal kaale karan ka ilaaj ho to bataiyo :).

sumitsehrawat
November 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM
bhai mere sir pe bhi pichle 1 saal se 2 dhole baal hain.........na badhte na ghat-te. main to in-ne padta bhi daroon soon......kade 2 ke 4 ho jaaven :confused:. kise bhai dhore 2 baal kaale karan ka ilaaj ho to bataiyo :).

Madras me jaake Idli Dose kha le 4 din .... baal ne chod ....saaare ke kaala ho jyaga.:D

cooljat
November 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Baawla hai ke tere taani HABIB se appointment liya hai...advance mein!! :D
aree tau naukri badal lee k tanne, yo hair cuttin saloon kad kholya tanne jo nare ustrae ar bala ki baat kare se tu :D:D:D:D

sunillathwal
December 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
maane suna hai ek.. dandruff ho rya ho naa balan mein to 1 jug paani mein thoda Detol:eek: daal kar dho lo.. bilkul chala jata hai... (dandruff.... baal nahii:D)..
P.S. i never tried...