PDA

View Full Version : Request: Sports forum

sumitsehrawat
November 23rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
Dear Administrator(s),

My greetings :)!!

We do it all here on Jatland. We have forums on Education, jobs and careers. We discuss current affairs, we talk history, crack a few jokes and even share pictures. Are we not missing out on another very important field: Sports?? I feel each n every one of us is, someway or the other, interested in sports. Some play, some watch on TV &/or internet, while others look to diversify and gain knowledge in some particular games as well.

Having so many things to discuss about in Sports, like - football, tennis, cricket, hockey, badminton, golf, boxing, athletics, etc etc, I particularly feel we will have loads and loads of things on sports to share and discuss. It is my belief, this step will help a lot of youngsters know about the games. And, as most of us fall in the youth category I anticipate it will be a huge hit here.

I would request you to consider putting a Sports forum too on Jatland.com. Looking forward to read from you.

Thanks,
Sumit

sumitsehrawat
November 28th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Dear Moderators,

I am still very curious to know.

Thanks,
Sumit

sumitsehrawat
December 11th, 2007, 11:35 AM
"haa" ya "na" likh ke bhi jawaab de sakte ho...dena chaho to. :(

jitendershooda
December 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM
"haa" ya "na" likh ke bhi jawaab de sakte ho...dena chaho to. :(

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... TRAST SUMIT ... SID bhai yo bhi jawab mange hai MODs se ..... ha ha .... Mods please jawab do .... Sumit bhai one suggestion ... ek poll thread chalo asking for members polls and also write down to mods instead of this thread only.

sumeetmalik
December 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Dear Administrator(s),

My greetings :)!!

We do it all here on Jatland. We have forums on Education, jobs and careers. We discuss current affairs, we talk history, crack a few jokes and even share pictures. Are we not missing out on another very important field: Sports?? I feel each n every one of us is, someway or the other, interested in sports. Some play, some watch on TV &/or internet, while others look to diversify and gain knowledge in some particular games as well.

Having so many things to discuss about in Sports, like - football, tennis, cricket, hockey, badminton, golf, boxing, athletics, etc etc, I particularly feel we will have loads and loads of things on sports to share and discuss. It is my belief, this step will help a lot of youngsters know about the games. And, as most of us fall in the youth category I anticipate it will be a huge hit here.

I would request you to consider putting a Sports forum too on Jatland.com. Looking forward to read from you.

Thanks,
Sumit
I second that whole-heartedly.
(and my kiss smiley suggestion;))

satyeshwar
December 11th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... TRAST SUMIT ... SID bhai yo bhi jawab mange hai MODs se ..... ha ha .... Mods please jawab do .... Sumit bhai one suggestion ... ek poll thread chalo asking for members polls and also write down to mods instead of this thread only.

Let's see if anyone else besides you is interested in this Sumit. The last thing we would want is to have a forum that no one else uses. I agree with Jitender on the poll. Other members should share what kindaa stuff would they put in that forum and not just respond to the poll.

sumitsehrawat
December 11th, 2007, 10:55 PM
main tey maka ebbay aur thode been bajaane padenge....magar chaale hoge mhaare JAT khumbkaran badi taawli jaag gye.....:)!!
"what kindaa stuff" ??? :eek::eek:!! This sounds a little silly to me.
Brother, thanks for responding. I guess I would see one Sports forum at Jatland before 2057(we work so fast)...

Anyways,could anyone guide me on how to conduct a poll here at Jatland?

dumbstruck,
Sumit
P.S.: No offence to anyone.

Let's see if anyone else besides you is interested in this Sumit. The last thing we would want is to have a forum that no one else uses. I agree with Jitender on the poll. Other members should share what kindaa stuff would they put in that forum and not just respond to the poll.

aabhisheksirohi
December 12th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Sports forums on Jatland !!

Not a bad Idea either !!

I am a big fan of Formula 1 , Rugby and Hockey !!

satyeshwar
December 12th, 2007, 07:23 PM
main tey maka ebbay aur thode been bajaane padenge....magar chaale hoge mhaare JAT khumbkaran badi taawli jaag gye.....:)!!
"what kindaa stuff" ??? :eek::eek:!! This sounds a little silly to me.
Brother, thanks for responding. I guess I would see one Sports forum at Jatland before 2057(we work so fast)...

Anyways,could anyone guide me on how to conduct a poll here at Jatland?

dumbstruck,
Sumit
P.S.: No offence to anyone.

You can post a poll in the following manner:
1) Create a new thread.
2) Click on the check box next to: Yes, post a poll with this thread
3) Select how many options you want for people to select.
4) Click on Submit New Thread button.
5) On the next page, you should find a form to fill in for thread questions and answers.

sumitsehrawat
December 13th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks Bhai. I will start a poll. Hoping for good.

You can post a poll in the following manner:
1) Create a new thread.
2) Click on the check box next to: Yes, post a poll with this thread
3) Select how many options you want for people to select.
4) Click on Submit New Thread button.
5) On the next page, you should find a form to fill in for thread questions and answers.

satyeshwar
January 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Folks,
Please read the voting results of this thread:
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22467

Close to 90 % wanted a sports forum. So here it is under Mauj Masti. Chak de! :)

Maniisha
January 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Folks,

Close to 90 % wanted a sports forum. So here it is under Mauj Masti. Chak de! :)

Gr8 Job Satyeshwar Bhai ..:)
Its a gr8 news to all Jatlanders we moved one more step ahead .... :)
Cheersss

anilsinghd
January 22nd, 2008, 12:37 AM
thoda late ho gaya dekhne mein !

waise haan meri bhi thi !!!:D

sumitsehrawat
January 28th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Bhai Satyeshwar...this is simply awesome. I appreciate this.

Many thanks,
Sumit

Folks,

satyeshwar
January 29th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Sumit,
Please look into the forum. There has been only 1 thread so far. One of the reasons that we don't jump on every suggestion of the members is whether those ideas will pan out or not. Granted that this forum has been opened only for a week, but if such a low turnout continues for a prolonged period (perhaps 1-2 months), we may have to close it.
Satyeshwar

Bhai Satyeshwar...this is simply awesome. I appreciate this.

Many thanks,
Sumit

sumitsehrawat
January 30th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Satyeshwar,

They say "A good product if marketed poorly has a high probability of failing". And I just hope the strategically placed "Sports forum" [in TimePass] doesn't prove the above statement true.

WE, mind you, WE all(atleast who voted in favour) are equally responsible towards it. Not that I am turning back, its just that I am just putting it straight and simple. It is OUR responsibility. About the closure of the forum, I agree with you -- if people (not just Sumit) don't write then it could be closed.

Thanks,
Sumit

sumitsehrawat
January 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Satyeshwar, the moderators have failed to move a couple of threads related to Sports forum and so just thought of bringing it to your notice.

1. The Game : Australia Vs India http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22710
2. Haryanvi Pehalwanon Ke Shaan Badana!! http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22712
3. Sonika Kaliraman & Geetika Jakhar http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22699
4. Australian Tour and Virender Sehwag http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22591

I am not sure why the moderators did not put them at the right place. Is it that they too cannot trace Sports forum at Jatland? Well, only they know.

It is my sincere request that we all participate.

Thanks,
Sumit

Sumit,
Please look into the forum. There has been only 1 thread so far. One of the reasons that we don't jump on every suggestion of the members is whether those ideas will pan out or not. Granted that this forum has been opened only for a week, but if such a low turnout continues for a prolonged period (perhaps 1-2 months), we may have to close it.
Satyeshwar

satyeshwar
January 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
These threads were not moved by mods as they were started before the sports forum was opened. Still, I have moved them there. Hoping for a positive response from all the members. BTW, Sports forum is not under timepass, it's under mauj masti.