PDA

View Full Version : The concept of "paying it forward" ....

anuchoudhry24
December 13th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hi friends,

I am new to this site and this is the first thread i am starting. I want to share with all of u the beautiful concept of "Paying it forward"

We all know about the concept of "paying back", paying back to the people who helped us in tough times n good times in some way or the other.

A few months back I saw a movie "pay it forward" which teaches a new concept of paying it forward. Its a very simple concept which can make a big difference.

Let me try to explain, People who helped us in life are mostly self sufficient and stable. So instead of trying to pay them back in some way, we should rather pay it forward and help some needful, making a positive difference to someone's life and some day they'll pay it forward and the chain keeps going on. In simple words , "we should pay forward what was once paid to us by someone else"

Might seem complicated and impractical to some but its pretty simple, all it requires is a "thought" and a "heart".

And for those of you who think this is all crap, by "paying it forward" , I dont mean give all your money or time to someone.... sometimes a simple act, a caring attitude and a few words of wisdom also make a difference.

Try to watch this movie "pay it forward". Its not a very great film but the idea behind it is one of the best that i have come across.

sumitsehrawat
December 13th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Hello Anupama,

Well honestly, I liked this concept of "paying it forward". Also, we we think logically then "paying it back" is a subset of "paying it forward".

Let's see when I get to watch this movie. Should be interesting:)!

Thanks,
Sumit

steotia
December 14th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I have seen the movie and the concept is indeed worth following.
My personal belief is that if possible, we should try to somehow give meaning to this life we have been given. Not just cruise along and just exist, but to try and make a difference. And you don't have to start by trying to move mountains. Perhaps just by giving someone a friendly smile or a helping hand you might change the course of fate for yourself or that other.
The Jews believe that a single man can save all of humanity. I think that’s true. If you start with yourself and touch others along the way, just imagine what we might accomplish.

asuhag
December 14th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Thanks for i did learn something new & beautiful.

Cheers!

neels
December 14th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Let me try to explain, People who helped us in life are mostly self sufficient and stable. So instead of trying to pay them back in some way, we should rather pay it forward and help some needful, making a positive difference to someone's life and some day they'll pay it forward and the chain keeps going on. In simple words , "we should pay forward what was once paid to us by someone else"

Thoughtful concept...which can be applied in life practically with li'lle planning and discussion. Here the most important aspect wud be to take the person, who helped you, in confidence...or it may be taken wrongly by that person as u never want to pay back.

cooljat
December 14th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Anupama,

First of all Warm Welcome on Jatland! :)

Indeed its kinda thoughtprovokng creative Concept u pondered here,
am deeply touched! Will try to implement it for sure...

Btw, looking forward for the movie as well!

Keep pouring sucha imposing stuff!

Rock on
Jit

anuchoudhry24
December 16th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I'm glad all of you liked the concept and look forward to implement it.

Well, as mentioned by Seema, we dont have to start by trying to move the mountains. I am sure everyone visiting this site is well educated and self sufficient and can contribute to the society in various ways.... So its on us to figure out how we do it.

Good luck :-)

asuhag
December 16th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I'm glad all of you liked the concept and look forward to implement it.

Well, as mentioned by Seema, we dont have to start by trying to move the mountains. I am sure everyone visiting this site is well educated and self sufficient and can contribute to the society in various ways.... So its on us to figure out how we do it.

Good luck :-)

You bet!
Improvement begins with the word I

-Ashish

vijay
December 16th, 2007, 03:06 PM
'Paying it forward' is a nice concept and worth implementation without any doubt.

Well, i have some different concept in this regard... don't know compliment to this, a step behind or step ahead or ....

I believe in doing something good and forget it, don't see back to get something in return. If you expect something in return then it becomes selfishness.

So just do whatever good you can do and move on.:)

Like to quote here some lines :

Do all the good you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.
- John Wesley