PDA

View Full Version : Jatland Communities

rkumar
January 2nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Dear Administrators,

Is it possible that like Orkut, we can have communities on Jatland ? I feel Jatland has grown to the point when we need such communities. Good intentioned threads are often hijacked because anyone can post anything. Freedom of reading any thread should be to all the members, but not the freedom of responding. Only community members should have the freedom of contributing to the thread. Any Jatland member can create a community on any topic and then invite only the members whom he thinks are serious.

Thanks
Rajendra Kumar

neels
January 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Dear Administrators,

Is it possible that like Orkut, we can have communities on Jatland ? I feel Jatland has grown to the point when we need such communities. Good intentioned threads are often hijacked because anyone can post anything. Freedom of reading any thread should be to all the members, but not the freedom of responding. Only community members should have the freedom of contributing to the thread. Any Jatland member can create a community on any topic and then invite only the members whom he thinks are serious.

Thanks
Rajendra Kumar

Good Idea.

vijay
January 2nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Great idea RK sir,

It's such a nice idea and i think it is need of the hour as most of the threads either hijacked or forcefully moulded into cheap humour and/or mudslinging show.

I remember the old time, when we used to see an option ( or whatever ) written as "user is not a member of any community or user group" (.....or something like that) in our profiles.

Can anybody tell me what was the significance of that and why we can't see that nowdays.

Satyeshwar ?

sumitsehrawat
January 2nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Rajendra Sir ...this is really a wonderful idea.

~Sumit

shweta123
January 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
We have witnessed lots many kind of happenings here on Jatland and that too of different tastes and kinds ! New people coming each day, newer controversies, newer challeges before the moderators and the likes, and so it seems that we have come of age here at Jatland .:)

Even when we talk about threads, some of the replies are really mind opening and present us with an alltogether new approach to look at the issue, some are mundane gossip type of replies, while some others are just the provokative type of stuffs.

Moreover, its an age old rule that old and morbid things die out giving way to new and fresh things, and so emerges the importance of innovativeness and a contant endeavour to dig out newer realms with newer dimensions each day. So, I agree with the proposal here in true spirit and it, infact is a very lucrative proposal and worth implementing soon to enhance some qualitative involvement of people. And these kind of changes are desirable in other aspects too, but to begin with, this is a great idea:)

mukeshkumar007
January 3rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Really good idea. !!!

submit karte time jaldi click na kare.. :)