PDA

View Full Version : The Game : Australia Vs India

vijay
January 7th, 2008, 09:11 PM
When Australian were playing on Indian soul, they encountered never seen before aggression in few Indian players and lot of 'meri gali mein aana.... tujhe dekh lunga' type threatenings were in air by Aussie Players.

Much hyped Indian tour of Australia started with a well-known Indian collapse on foreign soil plus a few bad decisions ( read human error ) by Umpires. So they didn't get any chance to implement their 'game'.

Now, when Indians tried to fightback in Sydney and were in commanding position (134/6), a lot of human errors started popping out one by one untill Aussies were in their comfortable zone. On 5th day, it felt that Umpires were beautifully programmed to commit human errors by default ( obviously against a particular team ).

Last but not least, the shameful conspiracy against Indian Players, by imposing ban on Harbhajan Singh. Is that their real Game what they were looking for ?

Just read Peter Roebuck's article in Sydney Morning Herald about Ricky Ponting and Company.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/arrogant-ponting-must-be-fired/2008/01/07/1199554571883.html?s_cid=rss_sport

What you think about this Game and what steps should be taken by White Elephant ( Read BCCI ) :

Should Team India pullout from the tour right now.
Should Team India keep playing cricket in "good spirit" and must respect the wise decisions by Bucknor and Associates. ( ICC denied to remove Bucknor from 3rd test )
.................................................. .. ( fill in the option :) )
.................................................. ...( fill in the option :) )
.................................................. ... ( fill in the option :) ) and so on.What say ?

devdahiya
January 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I think this game has lost its relevence.Emotions get charged for nothing and an EPHORIA gets created as if there is nothing else than cricket.Real madness of highest order.A very few handfuls get benefitted at the cost of millions of people who are in habit of wasting their precious time and money.

Too much of a hype....nothing else Vijay.Why this harbhajan singh was rolling in ground...wasn't that stupid?BUCKNOR hasn't done it first time and Australions are no saints either,don't we know that?

vijay
January 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Why this harbhajan singh was rolling in ground...wasn't that stupid?

Every player show their joy in a certain manner. Not only cricket ..... if you watch SOCCER, Hockey, Baseball etc .... maybe you have witnessed many gymnast out there ... i think that jumping or rolling on ground is much sophisticated than commenting or abusing.:)

If rolling on ground is stupid ... then what you say about Australians ... and almost every SOCCER player round the Globe :confused:

devdahiya
January 7th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Every player show their joy in a certain manner. Not only cricket ..... if you watch SOCCER, Hockey, Baseball etc .... maybe you have witnessed many gymnast out there ... i think that jumping or rolling on ground is much sophisticated than commenting or abusing.:)

If rolling on ground is stupid ... then what you say about Australians ... and almost every SOCCER player round the Globe :confused:

I have already said about Australions dear....They do it always which i condemn.Ever game has its rules and rules need to be followed in just manner by all.Soccer has more freedom for showing emotions than cricket.The code of conduct has to be followed keeping the emotions aside.But then some people get away with more stupidities while others buy it faster.That is the way this world is governed.

shailendra
January 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
...Frankly, I have mixed feelings about answering this! Tell you why-

Look, first things first! Everything else (all these controversies) pale into the distance if you actually talk thru your game, and excel in it... BUT guess what, we lost! Lost a game that we had been playing quite well, and were almost on top of, a lot of times- To lose from such a positive position (not even manage a draw, forget winning altogether!) and make complete heavy weather of it is something only an Indian Team can do!!!...

Having said that (although for me the above statement is still the most deciding factor out of everything else!) let's talk about gamesmanship! (not the umpiring decisions mind you, at least not yet...) and yes; the Australians are being arrogant, uncouth and all that...BUT frankly and disgustingly that is the least of the matters when they are actually committing the worst sin in cricket- being totally UNSPORTING about it!

It's a carnal sin in cricket when you know you nicked and got caught and don't walk (immaterial of the Umpire being blissfully unaware, giving you the benifit of doubt!), similarly if you take a catch that actually hit the ground first and the Umpire's have no idea; and they ask...you say NO, it was not a CLEAN catch...
and as everyone saw none of that happened- in this time and age when everything is caught on TV, the Australians are showing the world that they are Champs and want to be champs by whatever it takes!

FINALLY- Umpiring!?! WHATTHE@#*... this is cricket and agreed you don't question the Umpires decisions... but since when did the umpires (instead of referring it to the third umpire) start asking the players if the catch was taken clean or not??? ...AND if you are gonna do that, why not ask the opposing team too if they think it was taken clean? I mean this is not a 'was it a four' or 'was it a six?' kinda question you are asking afterall!

In a nutshell, and like I said at the very beginning- I think the Indian team should continue the tour and try and play up to their potential that we know they have, and not leave the situation where it seems akin to a loser on the ropes, down and out now trying to cry foul!

raj_rathee
January 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM
If Harbhajan is not cleared, then the Indians should walk out no matter
what. The palyers should stick together regardless of what BCCI
or Sharad Powar do. I'll respect and admire any player who refuses
to go on and stands by Harbhajan.

Regarding the umpiring, I like the idea of allowing each team 3 chances to consult the third umpire. And for each time the decision turns out in their
favor, they be allowed another chance. i.e if they were right they haven't
used up one of their chances.

This will prevent the need for significant change yet allow sides
to appeal bad decisions. Also, it will instantly put pressure on the umpires
to be careful about their decisions.

The Indians should ask for the removal of these two umpires for upcoming
tests...bad umpiring needs to be slapped on the wrist as well. Bucknor
is losing his sight and hearing capabilities it seems.

Baaki, Ponting should wear a bunny suit in the next game. I think he
along with Hanuman Symonds :eek: fabricated the "Monkey" allegations
to get rid of his nemesis.

Vaise bhi, Harbhajan ko shayad pata bhi nahi hoga ki "Monkey" ka racist
matlab nikala jaayega. We Indians use that word to say "silly", "dumbo"...

ANd if the game continues let Yuvraj and Jaffer sit it out. Lagta hai
Yuvraj ko ground mein bhi Deepika Phadkone he deekhti hai. Time
for Sehwag and perhaps Kartick to be given a chance.

deepakchoudhry
January 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I watched the game and what a waste of time.

Aussies were desperate to win this game come what may, use every dirty trick in the book.

They have set a new standards in this game.

whatever respect I had for them is gone.

They targetted Harbhajan, they know he is emotional type.

They fingered him and he responded.

And as for "Bucknor" the less I speak the better.

deepakchoudhry
January 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
India will loose 4-0 it is going to be impossible to come back after this.

vijay
January 7th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Look, first things first! Everything else (all these controversies) pale into the distance if you actually talk thru your game, and excel in it... BUT guess what, we lost! Lost a game that we had been playing quite well, and were almost on top of, a lot of times- To lose from such a positive position (not even manage a draw, forget winning altogether!) and make complete heavy weather of it is something only an Indian Team can do!!!...

Agree with you Shail !

Even India could have lost this game if Umpires were honest enough. They can loose a match at any given situation just like a superstar suddenly start reading the script narrated for a comedian. :)

But the point is they are playing it off the ground too. Like they definately have problem playing against Harbhajan and hence he is banned. Everybody knows for what and why ?

Harbhajan is not among first ...... in past the champs blamed Murlitharan, Shoab Akhtar, Shane Bond etc. for underarm action ( read chukkar ) and just on Australian soil like it is infectious to the visiting team's bowler only. :rolleyes:

In a nutshell, and like I said at the very beginning- I think the Indian team should continue the tour and try and play up to their potential that we know they have, and not leave the situation where it seems akin to a loser on the ropes, down and out now trying to cry foul!

Winning there in present conditions :) .... almost negative and even impossible when almighty TRIDEV ( read Umpires ) are playing for them. :rolleyes:

If Harbhajan is banned and Bucknor & associates are still on haunt, i don't see any reason for wasting any time to catch the next flight to India. :)

raj2rif
January 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Dear Members,

Good discussion prompted me to put my views on the subject.

I have following comments to make.

1. Harbhajan needs to be cleared of racist blame. BCCI must do whatever it takes to do that.

2. India should continue playing the series with best of their abilities without making an issue of the umpire in question. I am sure he would be under a lot of pressure now.

3. India / BCCI should try and find out if Buckner is on Australian pay roll or not or has been fixed by Ponting.

4. Nex match open with Sehwag and Karthik, followed by Dravid, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Laxman, Pathan, Harbhajan, Kumble, R P Singh and VRV Singh/ Ishant Sharma/ the other new bowler ( I am not remembering his name at this time) Karthik to keep wicket too. If India is batting second, then Ganguly should open (since he is in the finest form of his career) and Karthik comes down the order after Laxman.

5. After the series, India should not have any further Cricketing relations with Australia that has Ricky Ponting, Symonds, Gilchrist and Michael Clark in the team.

shailendra
January 8th, 2008, 02:50 AM
The thing that irks me about the Harbhajan banning epsiode is, how can they slap that ban on him by just what Symonds, Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke and their team manager Steve Bernardas said at the hearing, when both the on-field umpires Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson had gone on record as saying that they had not heard anything offensive being said!!?!!
WHERE is the proof???

And in any case even if we believe that something was said as part of the sledging, then even more intriguing is the fact that they say it was a racial slur against Symonds!
NOW How did Symonds feel that he was racially abused? Symonds is half black and half white... mix breed who was born in england to white mother and black father and migrated to Australia after playing major junior cricket in england. Racism is saying something against a particular race like white, black, hispanic, orientals, red indian etc?

Lastly but not the least; Mark my words .....we all know that the BCCI are a bunch of jokers, so don't be surprised if these spineless people bow down to everything happening there!

Frankly, unfortunately this is not cricket anymore... this has become a national issue for both the countries I think!
Whoever backs off is liable to loose face as a result!

Note: The good thing is and if the newspaper reports are to be believed supposedly even the Australian cricketing junta is a mite peeved at the way their own Cricketers have behaved throughout this unfortunate episode!

vijay
January 8th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Frankly, unfortunately this is not cricket anymore... this has become a national issue for both the countries I think!
Whoever backs off is liable to loose face as a result!

Shail, That's what i wanted to convey here from my first post :)

Even Australian Media is criticizing Umpire's decisions and the way Ponting and company playing the 'Game'. Australia's most famous sports critic Peter Roebuck concluded that Ponting must be sacked.

Check here to read the article in Sydney Morning Herald :

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/arrogant-ponting-must-be-fired/2008/01/07/1199554571883.html?s_cid=rss_sport

Ironically, it's a pity that even Australian Media is not backing up their players for the injustice while our White Elephant ( BCCI ) is busy in releasing political statements. Whatever BCCI has done in this issue ( appealing against Harbhajan's ban ) is not becoz they care about the Indian Players or National pride but just becoz they got loud and clear message from Indian Dressing Room that every player is with Harbhajan and they mean it.

Sharad Pawar is eyeing at the ICC chaiman's post and i wonder if he will take any firm stand for the National Pride.

BCCI is busy in meetings and don't have any time to release a solid statment against ICC or Australian Team while Australian media is asking for the head of their arrogant Captain.

Only good news is that our players are united and has taken a firm stand for their team mate ... Harbhajan.

sumitsehrawat
January 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I think Team India should abandon the tour even if the ban on Bhajji is lifted. Sure, BCCI would have to pay a penalty of around USD 2 million but then with similar calculations Australian Cricket Board is expected to lose USD 50 million. And that, according to me, is the way to answer them. It is not just Ponting or Bucknor or Clarke or Symonds....but the 'not-so-Mr.' Proctor too. Knowing the mounting tension between everyone in Sydney (Crowd included), he later banned based on NO evidence. Ugh! I think he himself should be banned for life.

In this regard, we should respect and follow Inzamam-ul-Haq's decision to lead his team out of the ground on some previous occasion. Our character and dignity should not be compromised. Fines we can pay but let's not sell our self-respect to the cheats. Aussies (present set of cricketers) are hypocrites, they live with false attitude.

Come back Team India.

Disappointed:(,
Sumit
P.S.: Hoping Bucknor is not the next Bhutto :D!

asuhag
January 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
We as a nation have long gotten into a habit of forgiving & forgetting things easily. We're so used to taking crap in the name of being peaceful, hospitable and all in the guise of our once golden history that we let everyone take us for a ride and yet, smile. And, worse... its just not on the cricket field!

On the contrary while the umpires screwed up bigtime, its shame on our batsmen that they couldn't last a day or score what even B'desh chases in a one day game! I think instead of cribbing & hiding under various pretexts or being goodie goodie, the Indians need to get bad on the field. That agression & desire to win is seriously missing in our folks!

My coach taught me that on the field it's a war. Winning is everything, for when the win shall be remembered, most would forget how the battle was won! What matters is - it was WON!

kabir
January 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM
A strong stance by the Board on the Harbhajan's issue notwithstanding, I strongly feel the tour must continue.

It's high time we take a leaf out of the Aussies' book. No I am not asking for stooping to the levels of Ponting & Co. but looking up to the Australian team of 1932-33.

During the infamous Bodyline series, as Anglo-Australian relations touched a new ebb, there were calls from all quarters for the Aussies to discontinue the series. But they carried on. And lost. But England, despite a 4-1 scoreline in their favour didn't win either.

If at all, the Indians have all the more reason to carry on. They have the ability to beat this Aussie side, and they amply showed it in Sydney before faltering at the final hurdle.

The spark that the controversy has provided should see the whole bunch taking their game to several notches above. We can't win the Border-Gavaskar series, but we can still, and I believe we will, make the it a healthy 2-2. There would be nothing like it.

Alright, I am getting too optimistic but even 2-1 (with one draw) will be a fair assessment of the strenghths of the two teams.

Let Sehwag and Pathan play, show the door to Jaffer and Yuvraj (they did the job well in India against Pak but tell 'em 'thanks but not thanks'). We are already getting zero for one, we can't be minus one for one. No harm in taking a risk.

asuhag
January 9th, 2008, 01:25 AM
And, nothing could be a more befitting reply if Team India could beat the ba$tards on field. It's high time we pressed on the offensive & played to the potential of a star studded team. If I could pass a message to the men in blue it'd be - "Come home like men & not whimps hiding behind some controversies & decisions going against you".

Afterall, we all learn that at the very grassroot level - Be prepared for the referees playing for the home team. It's every where! I so love the scene from Rocky IV - He takes on his opponent & the crowd and in the end, turns all of them around!

raj2rif
January 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
We as a nation have long gotten into a habit of forgiving & forgetting things easily. We're so used to taking crap in the name of being peaceful, hospitable and all in the guise of our once golden history that we let everyone take us for a ride and yet, smile. And, worse... its just not on the cricket field!

On the contrary while the umpires screwed up bigtime, its shame on our batsmen that they couldn't last a day or score what even B'desh chases in a one day game! I think instead of cribbing & hiding under various pretexts or being goodie goodie, the Indians need to get bad on the field. That agression & desire to win is seriously missing in our folks!

My coach taught me that on the field it's a war. Winning is everything, for when the win shall be remembered, most would forget how the battle was won! What matters is - it was WON!

I think the meaning of phrase “It is the War our there” has been understood wrongly. If a literally meaning of this phrase is implemented then it does not remain the sports and looses the very charm of it. I also told my players that “ There are no rewards for Runners Up” but runners up do get rewards. Another slogan that we used is “Winner takes it all”, that does not mean that the Winner takes all Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. The game needs to be played in the spirit of it and for entertaining the spectators.

I had played during my life at various levels and was lucky to be the part of the battalion that had excellent sports teams. We remained Regimental Champion from 1982 till I retired in 1998. We missed one in between after my retirement and again won it. The one we lost was not because we did not play the best, but the championship itself was designed to suit a particular team by including only events in which a particular team was good.

While we did train hard and played hard, we never indulged in unfair means. What has happened in the Sydney test is that a particular team had been benefited by grave umpiring errors. Since these errors favored only one team, that hurt the game most.

Regarding Harbhajan’s episode, while it shows the immaturity on part of the bowler, it could quite be a conspiracy by Australian players, because Ricky Ponting has not been able to last long against his bowling. That is one point the BCCI and the panel of Judges listening the appeal must understand.

I still feel that we must not entertain these Australian Players (Ponting, Symonds, Gilchrist, Michael Clark) on our soil. We don’t want to enjoy the game played by the cheats. If BCCI does not take stand we the public must organize protests and tell the Australians Cricket Body and BCCI that no one would watch their games.

Pulling out of Australian tour would also be a very good idea. We can absorb the loss of revenue while it might make Cricket Australia Bankrupt. That would actually be a befitting reply to an arrogant bunch of players who want to win the game by cheating.

msingh
January 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
their is a joke that came across......

Cricket Awards

2008 AWARDS:

Best Umpire: Ricky Ponting
Best Australian Players: Steve Bucknor, Mark Benson
Honest Team: Australia
Best Actor: Michael Clarke
Honest Player: Symonds

Ponting and Co

Procter: Did you call Symonds as Monkey?
Bhajji: No, I called a monkey as S ymonds.
Procter: So you did
Bhajji : (Silence)
Procter : How dare, you insulted a monkey.You are banned for 3 matches.
Bhajji : Sad
Ponting& Co : !!???
Ponting : hey, Symonds. What he said?
Symonds : Forget it; he is banned for next three matches .You can bat well next game.
Ponting : No, Anil is also there, ask match refree whether he can ban him also.
Symonds : We’ll see in next match, if he takes your wicket, we’ll complain.

(we need to find out another monkey in our team)
Ponting; Then ok. Come.

coolengineer
January 9th, 2008, 08:03 PM
HI frnds

Watch out the video of all the wrong decisons made in this test match and then decide who was fair and unfair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyaz0g0EBXc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyaz0g0EBXc)

shailendra
January 10th, 2008, 01:22 AM
With all the major hulla-bulla going on about this whole India-Australia series after the Sydney test it is just about such an interesting fact that despite losing two successive Tests the Indian captain Kumble is still respected by the scribes there, while even after creating a winning 16 Tests in a row now, there are calls in his own country for the Australian captain Ponting to be sacked!!! :rolleyes:

That goes a long way in showing and the lesson to be learnt here is that how a team (however great) plays their sport is very very important, (how it conducts itself)!
And so no wonder too that Indian players like Kumble, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid, are considered by everyone as men of such fine cricketing manners, and that their decency can never be overrated, and in Sydney it was more than amply evident.
The Indian team while down for the count in both these matches (let's not dilute it with Umpiring decisions too much at this point, cause the facts are facts), yet they have become worthy of support even by the host country simply because in the midst of all this madness they performed with dignity as was seen by all in Sydney.

Another thought though; I think the funny thing was when an utterly disgusted Kumble said "only one team was playing with the spirit of the game" after that infamour Sydney Test, the Australians probably have no clue as to what he could be talking about, and must be totally bewildered, as if to say: What??? I mean come on, we were just doing what we always do. :D:D:D

In the end to continue with the matches against Australia is a good decision after all- Cause in sport, you don't sulk and mop, you simply get up and play on like men.

asuhag
January 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I think the meaning of phrase “It is the War our there” has been understood wrongly. If a literally meaning of this phrase is implemented then it does not remain the sports and looses the very charm of it. I also told my players that “ There are no rewards for Runners Up” but runners up do get rewards. Another slogan that we used is “Winner takes it all”, that does not mean that the Winner takes all Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. The game needs to be played in the spirit of it and for entertaining the spectators....................

It's all in one's perspective & what satisfies you. I'm all up for "playing and winning fair & square" and "The better (team) on the day wins" but I'm also against letting the opposition take you for a ride!

What my coach & I meant by "It's a war out there (on the field)" is:

1) Winning is everything! You play to win.

2) It's not for entertainment. If you want entertainment, get into the stands or play in your own backyard.

3) You strategize & counter strategize as per the situation on the day, on the field but your objective is to win & only win.
[Ex: If the ref's decides to play for the home/other team, you elevate your own game that you beat the opposition & in that situation the opposition includes the bloody ref.; If the opposition plays rough, physical you do the same. Else they will break your legs and all you will win is sympathy. I don't play for sympathy!)]

4) In today's world, the sportsmanship has been redefined to off field tactics or when the whistle goes off - You're friends again! But when on the field, the only friend's you've got are your team mates.
[Ex: If you must need to commit a foul you do it. It's called a professional foul. It doesn't matter if you broke his legs or broke your own for the cause. For sportsmanship - You always shake hands & buddy up off the field. I've experienced this & have been on the recieving end too. This is understood worldwide now. If you still wish to ignore it under the pretext of the old school of thinking, you will only end up on the recieving side - bruised & bruised badly.]

There's a lot more to it why it's a war on the field but to keep the thread short, i'll put down one last & important one.....

5) Like in a war you dont wait for your enemy to shoot & miss, it'd be foolish to allow your opponent to draw first blood. 'Cuz if you're doing so you're throwing yourself to his & luck's mercy, expecting them to miss. What if they dont?

Doesn't this take us back to strategy?

In the context of the Ind vs Aus game, we were fools & are paying the price for being on the backfoot allowing the Aussies to draw first blood, despite knowing that they will always be up to something!

In the end, maybe I'm wrong. May be. But, I only play offense. The only way I know of winning is to score more goals than your opponent else you'd either lose or draw - both are not the options one should focus on. The objective is to WIN! <I play football :)>

The difference between the sport & the war is you socialize - shake hands & become friends (new/again) or whatever, once the final whistle goes off. That's what's left of the sportsman's spirit.

How many really remember Courtney Walsh for ending up on the losing side for showing the spirit in 1987? or How many really question the greatness of Maradona for the "Hand of God"?

My point is when one remembers the winners - for ex: of the World Cup 2006, they will not always blame the Italians for the head-butt controvercy against the French. The Italians will only be remembered as the side that lifted the covetted trophy!!!

ssindhu
January 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
aussie cricket ethics: buffaloe nationalism-love cricket and play war.

a joke from me:

Procter: you called symonds monkey?
bhajji: i admit i am a surd, but i have ability to discern not to call a marsupial a monkey

crsnadar
January 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
aussie cricket ethics: buffaloe nationalism-love cricket and play war.

a joke from me:

bhajji: i admit i am a surd, but i have ability to discern not to call a marsupial a monkey

please don't mind mam...

...but joke thoda sa tough tha..:)

shailendra
January 11th, 2008, 03:43 AM
A joke from me:

...Hmmmm! Well Seema, your joke inspired me to go ahead and try and think of one too...
But I am expressing it here for everyone in the only way I prefer I can- By going totally visual in the form of A Cartoon! :)

Go ahead, click on the attachment below! ;):D:rolleyes:

gaganjat
January 11th, 2008, 05:19 AM
LOL ! Awesome !

I should take it to the next test match in Perth !

vijay
January 12th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Excellent work, Shail

Your cartoons are always a pleasure to look upon.
So realistic and stirical when we read them .... i mean what they say :)

PS : How can I ever forget that CCJW ( hope you got it :) ), the best cartoon from you so far. I still laugh whenever i remember that fantastic piece of work :D

shailendra
January 12th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Yup, I had a lot of fun myself sketching this one... The best part was when trying to make Symonds look like a langur always on Bhajji's back!!!...

(I had even thought of just having Bhajji say, "Can't get this Monkey off my back!"... ;))

Gagan, Perth aale match mein to le jaa, but if they come after you for any reasons... remember: I don't know you! HAHAHA! :D

Vijay, I remember the Computer chair warriors very well, who knows maybe I shall have to resurrect it one of these days, considering we are getting a whole slew of them these days on jatland! :rolleyes::D;)

satveer41
January 12th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Bhajji was playing well...very well....best bowler....

satveer41
January 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Virender Sehwag (113) struck a scintillating century on the third and final day of the practice match against ACT XI here to push his candidature for the third Test in Perth, beginning next week. :D

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200801121040.htm

Jaffer out, Sehwag in.

vijay
January 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Vijay, I remember the Computer chair warriors very well, who knows maybe I shall have to resurrect it one of these days, considering we are getting a whole slew of them these days on jatland! :rolleyes::D;)

Exactly...... that's what i was thinking about :).

I wonder if you ever released that cartoon in Australia or somehow Ricky & company visited jatland as guests, as Aussies seems inspired by the enthu and team spirit of those warriors .... on and off the playground :)

vijay
January 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Here comes the gud news .... Sehwag is back in business :)

Inspite of all this on and off ground action Cricket is still alive. No matter how Aussie team is pretending to stand firm on their point of views but deep down they are at backfoot right now. Time to attack and Sehwag is the key, who can demolish Aussie pride within a couple of hours. Spare Yuvraj for some romantic duets :rolleyes: while Sehwag take on the Aussies. Dravid is handling the cherry gracefully at his own place. No confusion about rest of the squad ..... i suppose :)

anilsinghd
January 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I would Kumble needs to show some offensive strategies !!

Open with Sehwag.

I am a purist when it comes to cricket , but this time i wont mind a Dhoni coming in at 3 , the max he has contributed is nothing basically . Ask him to virtually slog.

Replace Yuvi with jaffer or karthik. i would prefer jaffer.

anything on stumps , hit out !! ( No cutting the ball ) !! just play in front of wicket shots !!! slogging , cross batted.

And i wish they can win the toss and put some 200 runs in a flash !!!!

That will put aussies in nice shape.

:)

gaganjat
January 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Gagan[/B], Perth aale match mein to le jaa, but if they come after you for any reasons... remember: I don't know you! HAHAHA! :D

Badde bhai !
Koi dikkat ae konya!
Aaapnae jisse 2-4 Jat team mai bharti karle BCCI aale
tai inki sari problem ae na solve ho ja !

spdeshwal
January 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Thode dhayan te bhai Gagan,

Saale saare ke saare Langooran ki ddaal Khir-khier karte haande sein, kade tere late paad giren!

Bahoot bhadiya cartoon bhai Guhandee!

Cheers!

kabir
January 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
anything on stumps , hit out !! ( No cutting the ball ) !! just play in front of wicket shots !!! slogging , cross batted.

And i wish they can win the toss and put some 200 runs in a flash !!!!

That way, they certainly will. Only, the score will be 200 all out just after lunch!

Just to jog your memory, a similar thing happened at the MCG in 2003-04; Sehwag raced away to 195 in not time. Soon as he was out, India crumbled, posting just 360-odd in their first innings. The tourists got some real-time thrashing from the Aussies in the match.

I still believe that Sehwag should slog, that's the only way he plays. But to ask Jaffer and others to come and try running amok, that will be suicidal.

Suprising you may find it, but Sehwag blazing at the top doesn't always help. The aforementioned innings was not the only time where the Delhi bat played a big innings and still India lost. In 2005, he scored 201 against Pakistan in Bangalore only to end up on the losing side.

My take is: everyone should have his task cut out. Jaffer must play the way he plays. Mind you it's the unforgiving WACA track. Shaun Tait and Brett Lee are literally going to keep the Indians on their toes, with the ball shaping in to their throat and helmet in no time after hitting the deck!

asuhag
January 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Everyone loves to play the coach!:rolleyes:

kabir
January 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
No harm until Gary Kirsten comes and takes charge.

anilsinghd
January 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM
That way, they certainly will. Only, the score will be 200 all out just after lunch!

Just to jog your memory, a similar thing happened at the MCG in 2003-04; Sehwag raced away to 195 in not time. Soon as he was out, India crumbled, posting just 360-odd in their first innings. The tourists got some real-time thrashing from the Aussies in the match.

I still believe that Sehwag should slog, that's the only way he plays. But to ask Jaffer and others to come and try running amok, that will be suicidal.

Suprising you may find it, but Sehwag blazing at the top doesn't always help. The aforementioned innings was not the only time where the Delhi bat played a big innings and still India lost. In 2005, he scored 201 against Pakistan in Bangalore only to end up on the losing side.

My take is: everyone should have his task cut out. Jaffer must play the way he plays. Mind you it's the unforgiving WACA track. Shaun Tait and Brett Lee are literally going to keep the Indians on their toes, with the ball shaping in to their throat and helmet in no time after hitting the deck!

I guess i only mentioned about Dhoni , I am not asking Dravid and co to slog.

I remmeber what happened at MCG last time , but that was not because we slaughtered aussies on the first day , but beacuse we batted poorly after Sehwag's blazing innings.

I am only asking strokemakes and poor technicians ( i count Sehwag , Ganguly , Dhoni , Yuvi in this category ) to blaze out keeping in mind that when they do take offensive strategies , generally they succeed.

vijay
January 14th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Time to move on - Kumble !

India withdraw charge against Hogg after a meeting between Kumble and Ponting while Harbhajan's case will be decided after the series.

Sportsmanship or Diplomacy (throwing the ball into Aussie court) ?

kabir
January 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Inspired by a fellow Jlander, known for her penchant for one-liners;), I've come up with mine, in Hindi albeit, for the Kumble's (or was it the BCCI's?) move:

थूक कर चाटना!

satveer41
January 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
sehwag is out aftr 29 :( i guess its better than Yuvi's 2 runs :rolleyes:

shailendra
January 17th, 2008, 03:31 AM
sehwag is out aftr 29 :( i guess its better than Yuvi's 2 runs :rolleyes:

Indian team nae kehna padega; maka 'gaali-galauch' aer susri ball nae bhoole paache, apna balla tha khud es andi Brett Lee nae hi seedha maro! :rolleyes: Bhaiyee re Na rahega baans na bajegee bansuri! ;):D

Aer kahun bhi kae....Bera na kae baat sai, aadhe time to ennae uski ball aanti hi konya deekhti!

amitchhikara
January 18th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I am not a great fan of Sehwag but his presence does make a difference in the performance of the Indian team.

First two test matches you saw Dravid crawl at a snails pace and try and block everything. He had his mind made up that he was going to block all deliveries. When this happens the bowler gets his tail up and has no fear of being hit and now instead of worrying about his line and length he starts to experiment. You see the variations, the stares and the speed goes up as well. This is exactly what happened in the first two matches.

On the other hand when his poor deliveries are being hit and even some good ones are going for runs, he begins to think more about his line and length. It is all about the approach and it was sehwag's approach during the last tour that put the Australians on the back foot and we could see it here again. He might not have scored as many runs but the impact of the brief innings was huge.

It is the same approach you see the Australians using all the time and it is nice to see someone take the same aggressive approach in the Indian team as well.

vijay
January 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Indians punched hard on Aussie pride ... an exclusive victory.

Well done Team India.

anilsinghd
January 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
yups i am proud of them and also proud that they played the game and dropping all charges and stopping crying was just to make everyone feel they will do the talking on the field !!!

And i agree with Amit , positive play surs each one !

And i count Sehwag and Pathan in these categories , they make all others to be in high spirits !

Well done team India !:)

And above all , this again proves ki jab tak sir pe danda na ho , india team kuch nahi karti !!! :D

vijay
January 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I am not a great fan of Sehwag but his presence does make a difference in the performance of the Indian team.

Me too.... but you are right here that Sehwag's presence makes a difference ( whether he is in form or not ). He played a short life at crease but that started the phenomenon while others make sure to continue that till end.

Who want to forget that Sehwag can do some jugglery with a ball.

First two test matches you saw Dravid crawl at a snails pace and try and block everything. He had his mind made up that he was going to block all deliveries. This is exactly what happened in the first two matches.

Dravid is the best test player India have in present scenario provided the fact that he must be used at right place and right time. :)

satveer41
January 19th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Sehwag, Sehwag, Sehwag, Sehwag...the man brings a confidence that this team severly lacked.

anilsinghd
January 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I will have my money on Indians in Adelaide !!!!

Sehwag is due , so is jaffer and dhoni , ( as per law of averages , they need to score some runs ) and batting looks more stable after pathan is in !

and as vijay said , my favo dravid will again grind the aussies !!!!
looks very positive for team india !

aussies will try to come out hard but they really dont have that much class they used to have !!!!!!

vijay
January 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM
and as vijay said , my favo dravid will again grind the aussies !!!!

My favourite ....... Dravid

Being a class player, having an exceptional team spirit ( everybody knows his sacrifices for the team .... except haters ) and a gentleman.

andyjat
January 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN 4th test after Dravid , saurav & laxman being droped from ODI TEAM.

ANDYJAT

vijay
January 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN 4th test after Dravid , saurav & laxman being droped from ODI TEAM.

BCCI never seems comfortable unless a few players have sleepless nights.:rolleyes:

asuhag
January 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
While their seems some logic in their decision (as told by TOI), i quite didnt understand leaving out Ganguly despite his fantastic performance of late.

Anyhow, BCCI is known for their screw ups & bad management. They should've atleast witheld the decision until the final tests. It's likely to deflate some of those players and can have an impact on the outcome of the test.

raj2rif
January 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
I think it is a fair selection. Firstly, the Captain has the team he wanted. Ganguly as a Captain always insited on the team he wanted and more often than not got it. So, he should not have disappointment about being dropped if the Captain did not want him.

Having slow runners between the wicket specially when the grounds are big and boundries are hard to come by, is like fighting a battle with one hand tied at the back. Similarly, a long chase in bigger grounds will help in preventing the boundries and the players who can perform that would be better suited for the game.

Fielding is an essential part of any professional team in ODI. I think it is a good step in right direction. The only problem is No 3 position in the team. Gautam Gambhir is likely to get that position. When you compare him with the former No3 players like Dravid or Laxman, I think the gap is too much both on techniques as well as temprament. Let us hope he matures at this position. I would prefer Robin Uthappa at that position or Sachin coming down at No 3. However Sachin's preference of opening is well known and I don't think any one would like to change that. My choice of playing 11 would be as under:

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Uthappa/ Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Pathan/Rohit Sharma
Harbhajan/Chawla
R P Singh/ Praveen Kumar
Sreesanth/ Praveen Kumar
Ishant Sharma/ Praveen Kumar
12th Man: Dinesh Karthik

Actually, I would like to give a fairly good run to Rohit Sharma.

vijay
January 23rd, 2008, 12:14 AM
I think it is a fair selection. Firstly, the Captain has the team he wanted.

Azharuddin needed some followers to execute his 'ideas'.

I wonder if a player needs just a Captains nod to stay in team instead of his performance on field.

Having slow runners between the wicket specially when the grounds are big

Pitch length remains the same everywhere .... :)

I think it is a good step in right direction. The only problem is No 3 position in the team. Gautam Gambhir is likely to get that position. When you compare him with the former No3 players like Dravid or Laxman, I think the gap is too much both on techniques as well as temprament.

Gautam Gambhir is a nice player but can't be compared with class of Dravid.... instead i see Robin Uthappa much mature than him at every place

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Uthappa/ Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Pathan/Rohit Sharma
Harbhajan/Chawla
R P Singh/ Praveen Kumar
Sreesanth/ Praveen Kumar
Ishant Sharma/ Praveen Kumar
12th Man: Dinesh Karthik

Actually, I would like to give a fairly good run to Rohit Sharma.

Rohit Sharma is a good bet but don't you think that Suresh Raina is given much importance..... performing in 2 matches out of 20 must not be considered as a criteria .... i suppose :)

Let's not talk about Yuvraj and his attitude problems ( previously Sehwag .... typical Jat mentality )

arunshamli
January 23rd, 2008, 07:04 AM
considering out of form Yuvraj, Dhoni and inexperienced Raina, Uthapa and Rohit, we do not have a very strong batting lineup. bowling looks ok. but most of the ODI's are won by the batsman and not the bowlers.

Lets hope Yuvraj and Dhoni will regain their confidence before the one day series starts and the new players will be able to adjust themselves according to the conditions there in Australia.

raj2rif
January 24th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Azharuddin needed some followers to execute his 'ideas'.

I wonder if a player needs just a Captains nod to stay in team instead of his performance on field.

Off course the performance on the field is the first thing. The question is, if the two players are bringing two different things to the table, the Captain should be able to pick one that suits his plans.

Pitch length remains the same everywhere .... :)
Thus when the ground is big a faster player will run 3 and not 1. If the ground is small, then off course one would be aiming to get 4 every time.

Gautam Gambhir is a nice player but can't be compared with class of Dravid.... instead i see Robin Uthappa much mature than him at every place

In the shorter version of the game, Uthappa does bring the ability to accelerate the run rate.

Rohit Sharma is a good bet but don't you think that Suresh Raina is given much importance..... performing in 2 matches out of 20 must not be considered as a criteria .... i suppose :)

Suresh Raina is extremely talented player and had played some useful knocks in the short career he has had so far. He was shown the door when not performing, which was fair. He has worked hard and has come back on performance.
Let's not talk about Yuvraj and his attitude problems ( previously Sehwag .... typical Jat mentality )

I think, fielding in the shorter version of the game is as important as batting and bowlings are.

When we are looking at fast paced cricket, light feet are always a bonus.

I remember Gavaskar scoring 33 not out in 60 Overs in the first World Cup India participated.

raj2rif
January 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
considering out of form Yuvraj, Dhoni and inexperienced Raina, Uthapa and Rohit, we do not have a very strong batting lineup. bowling looks ok. but most of the ODI's are won by the batsman and not the bowlers.

Lets hope Yuvraj and Dhoni will regain their confidence before the one day series starts and the new players will be able to adjust themselves according to the conditions there in Australia.

I think it is a misnormer that these young people are not as good as the stalwarts are. Remember all these stalwarts were also young at the start of their career. This reminds me of one of my favorite songs from Movie "Samjhauta" (I never saw the movie though)

Jo aaj hain mashoor kal woh bhi the naye
Ek mauka jo mila to woh age badh gaye
Mauka naye khoon ko agar diya na jayega
Kala mein nayapan kahan se aa payege?

And we have just seen a famous victory scripted by young bowling attack of R P Singh, Pathan and Ishant Sharma. Who could have thought of it before the game?

I think on their day, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina and Uthappa could be as effective as Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman. In any case these players are plus 30-40 runs when they enter the field purely on their fielding as against the players they are replacing.

I will put my money on youth. I am sure they would do well. In a competition, the biggest force multiplier is the "Surprise" factor. More effectively a captain uses it, better would it be for the team's success.

Sreesanth on the other hand should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his bowling.

I had been talking about inclusion of Sehwag in the test team inspite of him being out of form. I am happy to see him play and do well. Look at the confidence it brings to the team and discomfort to the opposition.

anilsinghd
January 24th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Sorry but even after being a big fan of Raina's fielding , i ddont bet on his batting abilities.

Rohit Sharma is a good bet from whatever he has shown.

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir ( he is maturing by the day )
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Rohit Sharma
Utthappa
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan
RP Singh
Ishant / SreeSanth

And i would make sure i bowl tendulkar , yuvraj ( not the slog overs though , sehwag , sharma ( if he can bowl , he can i guess ) consistently and fill up at least 15 - 20 overs per match. Sehwag being the most bowled as he is a good bowler , underutilized till now i guess.:)

shailendra
January 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
...the funniest and the most laughable thing is that after Australia's loss to India in Perth (aer mannae bera sai ya baat isleye hui hogee kyunkae Gagan mera cartoon ude le kar ke gaya tha! :rolleyes:)... there has already been much talk in the cricketing circles that it was really due to the fact that"The Australians were not playing in their usual 'aggressive' nature after the Sydney fiasco!" ?????????????....:confused:

raj2rif
January 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Finally, Sehwag got to his form. The good thing has been that he has scored his first century in second innings on the 5th day wicket. This should be a befitting reply to his distractors. He has shown the maturity and played for the team's cause under extreme pressure. His depature early would have meant a victory for Australia. He kept the innings together when his more distinguished and technically perfect collegues fell apart.

Congratulations to Sehwag. I hope his run of form continues for a very long time because with famous four inching towards retirement, he would have to take on a lot of responsibilities. My suggestion to Sehwag would be to let his bat do most of the talking.

Truely, I thought he deserved the "Man of the Match" award for his 151 and 63 and 2 wickets.

Let us hope he fires in one day series as well.

vijay
January 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Truely, I thought he deserved the "Man of the Match" award for his 151 and 63 and 2 wickets.

He is the Real Man of the Match without any doubt.

I had seen many a times where bigger name being declared as Man of the Match and the real and decisive performer were neglected :).

Sehwag's extra Half century and 2 wickets (as compared to Tendulkar ) says all and who don't want to admire his standalone inning of 151 when famous Indian Batsman were in a hurry to take comfortable seats in the pavalion

anilsinghd
January 29th, 2008, 10:49 PM
He is the Real Man of the Match without any doubt.

I had seen many a times where bigger name being declared as Man of the Match and the real and decisive performer were neglected :).

Sehwag's extra Half century and 2 wickets (as compared to Tendulkar ) says all and who don't want to admire his standalone inning of 151 when famous Indian Batsman were in a hurry to take comfortable seats in the pavalion

Well i would try to bring you back to the Kolkata 2001 test , and Laxman was given the MOM instead of Harbhajan , because its important who sets up the game.

Sachin set up the game on the first day , we all know , anything less than 500 in Adelaide in first innings would have been bad.
I would not say Sehwag didnt deserved it , but it was a 50-50 take with Sachins inning giving the confidence to all !

kabir
January 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM
You take out Sachin's innings, you are still left with something; You take out Sehwag's innings, you're left with nothing. Sehwag's innings was the difference between a draw and a defeat.

I like what Indian Express said about Viru: 'Sehwag on his day can keep the Aussies at bay'.

mukeshkumar007
January 30th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Sachin set up the game on the first day , we all know , anything less than 500 in Adelaide in first innings would have been bad.
I would not say Sehwag didnt deserved it , but it was a 50-50 take with Sachins inning giving the confidence to all !

Exactly :):)

sumitsehrawat
January 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
We as fans are fighting over who Man of the Match should have been. Ok. But who are we?? What about the players involved? What if they too argue the way we are doing here. Can we expect the unity in team then? Such awards don't really matter(unless ur a debutant) and should not be fought over for. Period.

Thanks,
Sumit

raj2rif
January 30th, 2008, 11:35 PM
We as fans are fighting over who Man of the Match should have been. Ok. But who are we?? What about the players involved? What if they too argue the way we are doing here. Can we expect the unity in team then? Such awards don't really matter(unless ur a debutant) and should not be fought over for. Period.

Thanks,
Sumit

Dear Mr. Sumit,

While, the players in dressing room may or may not be discussing the issue, one would think that the affected player would definitely be thinking about it, since it affects them professionally and more importantly "Financially".

The man of the match award is not a simple cup/trophy, I guess it also comes with a check. Further more award one has, he is likely to have his rates in advertising going up. In any case it is a thing to be proud off and does become a precious pieced of your Drawing Room.

There is no doubt, Sachin did play a wonderful innings, but I feel Sehwag did a wonderful all round job. His 151 in second innings was precious for getting a draw result. His 63 in the first inning was as crucial as Sachin's 153. And how can we ignore the two important wicket he got, whereas team's more distinguished and accomplished off spinner did not get even one.

So on "one on one" basis, probably his case was much stronger.

I think the psychology of not likely to see Sachin playing on that ground hereafter might have to do some thing for decision. Any way it was a wonderful performance.

And by the way, no one is fighting here. People have their views on the subject based on their own logic. We all see the things with different perception.

sumitsehrawat
January 31st, 2008, 04:53 PM
Dear Sir,

I am still unsure if it really affects them 'financially'. Secondly, I doubt the players perform on field thinking that better performance would help them achieve earn more through advertisements. I mean, come on, they are there to play and they just play. And, believe me, no sports-person likes to lose. Money would be the last thing they would think about while on ground.

Wish they both had shared the award. But then another one would have said why not me. :-)

As you rightly said Sir, we all have different perceptions.

Thanks,
Sumit

Dear Mr. Sumit,

While, the players in dressing room may or may not be discussing the issue, one would think that the affected player would definitely be thinking about it, since it affects them professionally and more importantly "Financially".

The man of the match award is not a simple cup/trophy, I guess it also comes with a check. Further more award one has, he is likely to have his rates in advertising going up. In any case it is a thing to be proud off and does become a precious pieced of your Drawing Room.

There is no doubt, Sachin did play a wonderful innings, but I feel Sehwag did a wonderful all round job. His 151 in second innings was precious for getting a draw result. His 63 in the first inning was as crucial as Sachin's 153. And how can we ignore the two important wicket he got, whereas team's more distinguished and accomplished off spinner did not get even one.

So on "one on one" basis, probably his case was much stronger.

I think the psychology of not likely to see Sachin playing on that ground hereafter might have to do some thing for decision. Any way it was a wonderful performance.

And by the way, no one is fighting here. People have their views on the subject based on their own logic. We all see the things with different perception.

arunshamli
February 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I think it is a misnormer that these young people are not as good as the stalwarts are. Remember all these stalwarts were also young at the start of their career. This reminds me of one of my favorite songs from Movie "Samjhauta" (I never saw the movie though)

I might be wrong but I still feel that we do not have enough batsman to play for 50 overs in the current team.

kabir
February 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM
I might be wrong but I still feel that we do not have enough batsman to play for 50 overs in the current team.

What are you talking about, Arun! I am sure you would like to reassess your statement. After watching today's game, I feel we don't have enough batsmen to play out even 20 overs.

I find this carving for youngsters completely bullsh*t. Hayden is about to turn 37 and he's still a vital cog in Australia's One-day scheme of things.

Comeon folks, this aint boxing, athletics or tennis where if you are over 30, you are over the hill.

arunshamli
February 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM
What are you talking about, Arun! I am sure you would like to reassess your statement. After watching today's game, I feel we don't have enough batsmen to play out even 20 overs.

I find this carving for youngsters completely bullsh*t. Hayden is about to turn 37 and he's still a vital cog in Australia's One-day scheme of things.

Comeon folks, this aint boxing, athletics or tennis where if you are over 30, you are over the hill.

ha..hhhaaa...you are right Kabir.

As I said in one of my earlier post, Yuvraj and Dhoni both are completely out of form. and leaving Lakshman, Ganguly and Dravid out of the squad, we are are left with two quality batsman only. Sachin and Sehwag and may be Pathan up to some extent. I agreed some of the older players are not great fielder but they are great batsman. and I think they were definitely needed against very good bowling attack of Srilanka and Australia. These young players may do well in fielding( I am not sure about that either?) but as far as the batting is concerned most of them fall in 20-30 range, which is not enough.

deepakchoudhry
February 1st, 2008, 05:24 PM
http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2007-08/IND_IN_AUS/icc_commissioner_decision_30012008.pdf

sumitsehrawat
February 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe you are right Kabir. But, in my opinion, T20 ain't for the 'Indian' 37s or 38s. The shortest version of the game is in its nascent stage and even though it is not going to grow at the rate ODI grew, and we need to groom youngsters for it. Obviously, we are wrong if we expect them to win all the matches they play. Just that we were outplayed comprehensively today.

Let's understand that the players never play to lose. And they are the best in India.

Just my opinion,
Sumit

sumitsehrawat
February 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Let's not forget that these 'old' experienced players too were given a chance in their 'young' early days. We need to make the upcoming players responsible too. And that's exactly how one experiences.
By the way, I was equally amazed when Dravid and Ganguly were 'thrown' (that is the word) out. But then, now that has happened, let's not crib about it. And, I do have faith in the youngsters for I believe that they are no less talented. It is just a matter of confidence. Ofcourse, talent is inborn but also it can be learned with sheer determination and hard work. Had this not been true we would still have had Kambli's services. As per their coach Mr. Ramakant Achrekar, Kambli was way superior than Sachin in terms of talent. But Sachin kept working hard and reached where he is today. Kambli, everyone knows, thought he was born-master and paid the price of complacency.

Thanks,
Sumit

Thanks,
Sumit

ha..hhhaaa...you are right Kabir.

As I said in one of my earlier post, Yuvraj and Dhoni both are completely out of form. and leaving Lakshman, Ganguly and Dravid out of the squad, we are are left with two quality batsman only. Sachin and Sehwag and may be Pathan up to some extent. I agreed some of the older players are not great fielder but they are great batsman. and I think they were definitely needed against very good bowling attack of Srilanka and Australia. These young players may do well in fielding( I am not sure about that either?) but as far as the batting is concerned most of them fall in 20-30 range, which is not enough.

spdeshwal
February 2nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
These were the words of a furious Jatni after watching the dismal performance of the Indian team yesterday at MCG Melbourne
Only consolation was that at least ten Jat families were seen after the Deewali get together.

Cheers!

anilsinghd
February 4th, 2008, 12:30 AM
These were the words of a furious Jatni after watching the dismal performance of the Indian team yesterday at MCG Melbourne
Only consolation was that at least ten Jat families were seen after the Deewali get together.

Cheers!

ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

nice one !!!!

it happens mostly with my father as well , when idian team plays poorly , he is like :

mere susraan ke baski kimai bhi koni :D

regarding the argument of man of match , i really believe , it is not that important for the players of that 1 man of match award , I still think , first inning 151 is more impressive, as it sets up the game !!! Sehwag really played well , and i would not have minded if he would have got MOM , but i dont mind if sachin got it !!

regaridng the young vs old brigade !! i really believe indian cricket is not that organised in this sense , there should be a sensible mix , i would always want dravid , laxman , ganguly with the team , invaluable experience , they are like second to a coach when it comes for a youngster !!!

but the idea should be to keep rotating , we focus too much on the hypes , if each player plays 80 % of times , we can have 125 % of team , i.e 15*1.25 = 19 players and then it makes more sense to do away with one senior with one youngster at a time.

just something totally different , lachhu ( laxman ) should always be in against aussies , whether it is test , 50 over , 20-20 !!:D He is so good against australia !!! :D:p

vijay
February 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Had this not been true we would still have had Kambli's services. As per their coach Mr. Ramakant Achrekar, Kambli was way superior than Sachin in terms of talent. But Sachin kept working hard and reached where he is today. Kambli, everyone knows, thought he was born-master and paid the price of complacency.

Sharjah Cricket Ground. Semi-final was India Vs Australia. India batting second and 1-2 overs left ( sorry can't remember exactly ) while India needed 22 runs. Shane Warne just got a wicket on first delivery of his fresh over. Next batsman was Vinod kambli. Kambli arrived at crease and took guard. Next five deliveries from Warne to Kambli and the result was 6,6,4,4,2 and match was over. Could Sachin show something like that EVER.

You are right that Kambli was far superior than Sachin but he was thrown out without any reason even when he was performing good. It was 1996 world Cup Semi-final match ( against Sri Lanka ... if i remember correctly ), when crowd became mad Kambli was at crease and playing well. The match was stopped and sri Lankan were declared winners. Kambli was into tears because match was lost without 'playing' it completely. Selectors throwed him out because of weak personality ( read his tears ). Was that weak personality or a regret that Indian fans accepted ( and reacted ) the defeat much before the result. Kambli's love for game ( for India ) was shaken at that time. He tried hard to came out of that. Rest selector played in and out game with him later on and a great player retired predatedly with an ordinary profile.

sumitsehrawat
February 4th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Well, I think Sachin can still better that 6,6,4,4,2 against Murali if Warne is unavailable. Of what I know Kambli's talent was appreciated throughout India but he lacked discipline. Anyways...

Thanks,
Sumit

Sharjah Cricket Ground. Semi-final was India Vs Australia. India batting second and 1-2 overs left ( sorry can't remember exactly ) while India needed 22 runs. Shane Warne just got a wicket on first delivery of his fresh over. Next batsman was Vinod kambli. Kambli arrived at crease and took guard. Next five deliveries from Warne to Kambli and the result was 6,6,4,4,2 and match was over. Could Sachin show something like that EVER.

You are right that Kambli was far superior than Sachin but he was thrown out without any reason even when he was performing good. It was 1996 world Cup Semi-final match ( against Sri Lanka ... if i remember correctly ), when crowd became mad Kambli was at crease and playing well. The match was stopped and sri Lankan were declared winners. Kambli was into tears because match was lost without 'playing' it completely. Selectors throwed him out because of weak personality ( read his tears ). Was that weak personality or a regret that Indian fans accepted ( and reacted ) the defeat much before the result. Kambli's love for game ( for India ) was shaken at that time. He tried hard to came out of that. Rest selector played in and out game with him later on and a great player retired predatedly with an ordinary profile.

vijay
February 17th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Well, I think Sachin can still better that 6,6,4,4,2 against Murali if Warne is unavailable.

I saw Sachin dispatching Akram's best yorker for a six towards mid on in his heydays and Sultan of swing just wondering that what is going on. Watched Sachin taking on Imran, Walsh, McGrath, Warne, Murli, Donald, Pollock, Shoaib, Akram, Waqaar and dominating them so many times ......... such a GREAT player.

But Sachin can't do that at this stage of his career ......... As he is not a Kapil, Richards, Gilchrist, Sehwag, Srikant, Afridi, Gibbs or Yuvraj.

vijay
February 17th, 2008, 01:07 AM
It seems that One Day games are just like one day wonders.

India beat Aussies easily and in the next game Sri Lankan hammered India comprehensively and followed by Aussies thrashing Sri Lanka.

What's next ?

anilsinghd
February 17th, 2008, 05:13 AM
India beating the aussies once again !!

would be ideal !!! :D

vijay
February 17th, 2008, 05:21 AM
India beating the aussies once again !!

would be ideal !!! :D

Same here ........

What say if the best of three finals played by India and Sri Lanka...... Aussie's out .......

sumitsehrawat
February 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
[B][COLOR=darkred]But Sachin can't do that at this stage of his career ......... As he is not a Kapil, Richards, Gilchrist, Sehwag, Srikant, Afridi, Gibbs or Yuvraj.

I am sure I can fly till Jupiter but still cannot understand this. What was that???

:eek::eek:,
Sumit

kabir
February 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sachin may or may not do a 6,6,4,4,2 a la Kambli but the comparision stops there. The li'l man went on to achieve a near-mythical status, lapping up almost every record up for grabs. And Kambli...sadly...is Kambli, who?

While the left-hander was said to be equally (if not more) talented as Sachin, he didn't have the temperament and the unwavered focus of the latter.

Coming to your post, watching Sachin slam three fours down the wicket in a Brett Lee over in the last match against Aus remains my moment of Team India's entire three-month sojourn Down Under. It was sheer delight to watch the Maestro stamp his class against the quickie who's the best in the business at this moment.

I saw Sachin dispatching Akram's best yorker for a six towards mid on in his heydays and Sultan of swing just wondering that what is going on. Watched Sachin taking on Imran, Walsh, McGrath, Warne, Murli, Donald, Pollock, Shoaib, Akram, Waqaar and dominating them so many times ......... such a GREAT player.

But Sachin can't do that at this stage of his career ......... As he is not a Kapil, Richards, Gilchrist, Sehwag, Srikant, Afridi, Gibbs or Yuvraj.

vijay
February 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Sachin may or may not do a 6,6,4,4,2 a la Kambli but the comparision stops there. The li'l man went on to achieve a near-mythical status, lapping up almost every record up for grabs. And Kambli...sadly...is Kambli, who?

While the left-hander was said to be equally (if not more) talented as Sachin, he didn't have the temperament and the unwavered focus of the latter.

Agree ... there is no comparasion NOW as the Liltle Champion have edited and re-edited records books so many times :)

Coming to your post, watching Sachin slam three fours down the wicket in a Brett Lee over in the last match against Aus remains my moment of Team India's entire three-month sojourn Down Under. It was sheer delight to watch the Maestro stamp his class against the quickie who's the best in the business at this moment.

And i remember his famous Six on a Shoab Akhtar delivery during India Pakistan match in World Cup 2003.

vijay
February 17th, 2008, 10:13 PM
And the bad news is that Aussie striked back ....... defeated India comprehensively.

anilsinghd
February 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
And i remember his famous Six on a Shoab Akhtar delivery during India Pakistan match in World Cup 2003.

and the off caddick off a pull was no less

i loved that one....:)

sumitsehrawat
February 18th, 2008, 08:58 PM
The one against Caddick....Oh yes....absolutely ...for me that was the shot of the tournament. Slapping right on face of the bowler's psyche. Awesome...!!

Thanks,
Sumit

vijay
March 2nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
SCG saved it since years for the last visit of the Master i.e. His first one day century on Aussie soil and one of the most memorable knock by the champion. Sachin was at his best today and played a inning of life that will be remembered for years. :)

A comprehensive victory on World Champs........ but just wait .... there is something more to feel proud of.

Indian Under -19 team won the World Cup 2nd time by defeating South Africa.

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 01:36 AM
SCG saved it since years for the last visit of the Master i.e. His first one day century on Aussie soil and one of the most memorable knock by the champion. Sachin was at his best today and played a inning of life that will be remembered for years. :)

A comprehensive victory on World Champs........ but just wait .... there is something more to feel proud of.

Indian Under -19 team won the World Cup 2nd time by defeating South Africa.

there are a few positives for indian cricket and also answer to my query of we doing so well in U-19 tournaments but not making it at the big stage !

I still have not seen Rohit Sharma bat , Ishant bowling , PRaveen Kumar bowl ( but i have read they are good ), thats a pity !!!

The young team is doing really well.

But a warning to every follower.

We all see Dhoni experimenting : are not we , today he played chawla for his first match of seriies and praveen opening bowling instead of Ishant ,

mind you both worked but we can imagine the criticism he would have got if that would have backfired.

I still dont find any faults with Greg Chappel experimentations , he was the one to bring us Pathan and dhoni and yuvraj as strong players. ( his idea of pathan as an allrounder , yuvi at no.4 and dhoni up the order as a pinch hitter ) !

I just wish Dhonis experimnent dont end up like Gregs :)

Kudos to the U-19 guys , they did a good job !

By the way , please anyone update on how u think on Ishant , Rohit Sharma , Praveen KUmar , thier styles and wehtehr they can carry on or not ???
Thanks

@ sumit : yes Six off caddick was shot of the tournament though it was so close with the cut off shoiab akhtar over point. awweee those two shots occupy my memory always !!!

And i remember a similar ferocious one by Shewag in NZ.

vijay
March 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
there are a few positives for indian cricket and also answer to my query of we doing so well in U-19 tournaments but not making it at the big stage !

Yuvraj, Kaif, Dinesh Kartik, Irfaan Pathan are the treasures of the last world cups win ( U -19 ) ......... rest depends on the selecters.

I still have not seen Rohit Sharma bat , Ishant bowling , PRaveen Kumar bowl ( but i have read they are good ), thats a pity !!!

Ishant bowling at more than 150 KM/h is a plaeasure to watch, Rohit Sharma seems so contented and dominating even in pressure situations, Praveen Kumar ( being a Jat ) sometimes loose temperament but i hope will learn with experience

The young team is doing really well.

But a warning to every follower.

We all see Dhoni experimenting : are not we , today he played chawla for his first match of seriies and praveen opening bowling instead of Ishant ,

mind you both worked but we can imagine the criticism he would have got if that would have backfired.

Politics will always remain there in Indian Cricket ...... since Pataudi, Gavaskar to Ganguly and Dhoni .......... How Dhoni is trying to avoid Sehwag these days ...... don't expect anything for Dhoni from Sehwag ..... only if time switches sides.

I still dont find any faults with Greg Chappel experimentations , he was the one to bring us Pathan and dhoni and yuvraj as strong players. ( his idea of pathan as an allrounder , yuvi at no.4 and dhoni up the order as a pinch hitter ) !

Indian cricket is not all about a team as a whole but it is all about A Patoudi, Bedi, Wadekar, Gavaskar, Kapil, Azhar, Sachin and ....... so on

Kudos to the U-19 guys , they did a good job !

And i remember a similar ferocious one by Shewag in NZ.

And i remember so many demolition type innings by Sehwag ..... poor guy having a bad time :)

fatehsingh
March 3rd, 2008, 04:59 AM

as on 31st january RECORDS HELD BY TENDULKAR

1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI’s
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI’s
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI’s
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI’s 87
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI’s 407
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100’s in test’s 38
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI’s most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the “Greatest Sportsman” of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named “Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations.[7] He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).[6] Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar’s 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI’s, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket

fatehsingh
March 3rd, 2008, 05:09 AM

THIS IS TRUE...THATS WHY HE IS SACHIN TENDULKAR...........OUT OF THE LIST OF PLAYERS YOU MENTIONED AS BATTING WISE ONLY RICHARDS IS THE ONE WHOM YOU CAN COMPARE WITH SACHIN.......afridi in class of sachin??????? are you on cannabies?????:rolleyes:

anilsinghd
March 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Yuvraj, Kaif, Dinesh Kartik, Irfaan Pathan are the treasures of the last world cups win ( U -19 ) ......... rest depends on the selecters.

Ishant bowling at more than 150 KM/h is a plaeasure to watch, Rohit Sharma seems so contented and dominating even in pressure situations, Praveen Kumar ( being a Jat ) sometimes loose temperament but i hope will learn with experience

Politics will always remain there in Indian Cricket ...... since Pataudi, Gavaskar to Ganguly and Dhoni .......... How Dhoni is trying to avoid Sehwag these days ...... don't expect anything for Dhoni from Sehwag ..... only if time switches sides.

Indian cricket is not all about a team as a whole but it is all about A Patoudi, Bedi, Wadekar, Gavaskar, Kapil, Azhar, Sachin and ....... so on

And i remember so many demolition type innings by Sehwag ..... poor guy having a bad time :)

Vijay , u seem to be passioante about Sehwag , but dhoni is not doing it deliberately. The point is that Sehwag raised to such a high in a short time , and he really have not done that big enough to be given chances as to someone like Tendulkar.

I dont think dhoni is avoiding Sehwag , its just that Sehwag is not performing when given a chance.

He need to perform !!!

When i was saying that we dont make it to big stage i was talking of team as a whole , we always win U-19 world cups , or reach the finals but have not win the world cup !!!!

hope the situation reverts.

arunshamli
March 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Vijay , u seem to be passioante about Sehwag , but dhoni is not doing it deliberately. The point is that Sehwag raised to such a high in a short time , and he really have not done that big enough to be given chances as to someone like Tendulkar.

I dont think dhoni is avoiding Sehwag , its just that Sehwag is not performing when given a chance.

He need to perform !!!

When i was saying that we dont make it to big stage i was talking of team as a whole , we always win U-19 world cups , or reach the finals but have not win the world cup !!!!

hope the situation reverts.

What about Uthapa and Yuraj?

sumitsehrawat
March 4th, 2008, 02:42 PM
What about them?
I mean what do you mean???[:)]

What about Uthapa and Yuraj?

arunshamli
March 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
What about them?
I mean what do you mean???[:)]

I was saying their contribution in this series is almost nothing.

scsheorayan
March 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Indian team has played extremely well this time and won second finals to-night. Parveen Kumar is Man of the Match.:):):):):)

sumitsehrawat
March 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hurrayyyyyyyyyy :)!

Good team effort. Sachin scoring in both the finals was a treat to watch. Entire team played splendid. It was so pleasing to see Bhajji doing up his best friends Symonds and Hayden in both the finals.

I think this was the best way this Indian tour to Australia could have ended. Awesome:)!!

Btw, news is that Symonds won't be charged.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/symonds-hits-a-streaker-for-six/2008/03/04/1204402461316.html

Thanks,
Sumit

vijay
March 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM

He need to perform !!!

It's not like that, Anil

Few months back when Sehwag was not selected in Indian Team, i was the first here who posted that he must overcome off his ego problem and let his bat do all the talking.

I suppose time taught him the good lesson about personal behaviour.

If we talk about his performance he did well in test matches and no wonder he could have performed well in ODI series ( if was given chances properly )

No doubt that Sehwag raised himself in such a short span of time and i saw at that time people comparing him with Tendulkar. But the comparasion is totally unfair for both of them. I hope you got my point about comparasion.:)

Regarding Dhoni ..... i read his statement when people asked him about poor performance of Yuvraj in this Australian tour few days back. Dhoni just concluded "Yuvraj is going to play in every match ?"

No doubt that Yuvraj is another star performer of Indian Team but i don't think he was performing upto his status.

It's good for Dhoni that India won the tournament otherwise it would have become an issue. As you know if we win nobody cares but if we loose there are so many post-mortam stages to happen.

In 80's, Kapil and Gavaskar were used to swich as caption after almost every series.

Hope Dhoni will continue the winning and aggressive attitude which was introduced by Ganguly in Indian Cricket in future. :)

sanjeetsparp
March 4th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Very nice statement by Ponting "There will be two finals only" .... sach main bas 2 hi final hue yaar ..... per bechaare ne socha kuch or tha ho kuch or gaya.

Better luck next time Mr. Ponting .... its a nice slap you got on your face also your team ... Agli baar phir haarna ho to phir bula lena India ko ....

vijay
March 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Someone asked Sachin that we want to see you playing in Adelaide and Sachin replied "We will finish the tour before that".

Don't whether Sachin was so confident or having intuitions but his commitment shows that he wanted to prove what he said :)

cooljat
March 4th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Congrats to Team India !! :)

They played like Champs!! :):):)

Btw, it was two men show again, both final belongs to Tendulkar & Praveen Kumar; thou it certainly was collective effort of the whole team! :)

I heard that Praveen Kumar is Jat from Meerut & belong to a wrestler family!
Plz! dont get me wrong here, am not spreading any castism, but it certainly doubles the happiness! ;);)

Rock on
Jit

cooljat
March 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hummmm, Intresting yet Amazing!!

Tendulkar is Genius, he is a true sportsman!!

He is god! period.

PS : thou am not that Cricket Crazy but I admire all True Sportsmen!

Rock on
Jit

as on 31st january RECORDS HELD BY TENDULKAR

1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 41
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI’s
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI’s
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI’s
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI’s 87
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI’s 407
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100’s in test’s 38
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI’s most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the “Greatest Sportsman” of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named “Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000 and 15,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999).
47. The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations.[7] He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).[6] Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 25,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar’s 25,016 runs in international cricket include 14,537 runs in ODI’s, 10,469 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket

sumitsehrawat
March 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Jai ho .... jai ho humare News channels ki :)!
ha ha ha :)

Thanks,
Sumit

kabir
March 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
My moment of the match was when Andrew Symonds floored a streaker who barged into the field. Since he is not having a ball with the bat, Symmo can try his hands in Rygby; he'll have a gala time there!

For all ye who missed it, here's an action replay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWOk6slU_Y
(Don't miss how, amid all the bad blood, Robin Uthappa and Dinesh Karthick admired Roy's effort!:))

Watch this one as well, a Bollywoodish love story of streakers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmdGMPgU7I&feature=related

crsnadar
March 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
However all the matter of cheers for all INDIA as All the Cricketers performed so well every around...but

What about PRAVEEN KUMAR...

I am not sure about his surname/gotra but

...I know it well that he is a JAT from Baghpat Distt near Meerut & Live in Meerut...

I know it because ...I had been to meerut so many times & lived there for 1 year...that time Praveen Kumar was shining in RanJi Matches...

It was once mentioned in a news paper also "A JAT bowler of UP" when there was a match between Delhi & UP teams...

Those who know about PRAVEEN KUMAR...please share information

I posted a relevant thread but by mistake I wrote Pradeep instead of Praveen because one more JAT Cricketer Pradeep Sangwan of delhi performed in under19 world cup.

bye

cooljat
March 6th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Gud catch!! :p Tum Sudhro-Gay nahi!! ;):p:D

My moment of the match was when Andrew Symonds floored a streaker who barged into the field. Since he is not having a ball with the bat, Symmo can try his hands in Rygby; he'll have a gala time there!

For all ye who missed it, here's an action replay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWOk6slU_Y
(Don't miss how, amid all the bad blood, Robin Uthappa and Dinesh Karthick admired Roy's effort!:))

Watch this one as well, a Bollywoodish love story of streakers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmdGMPgU7I&feature=related

arunshamli
March 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM
However all the matter of cheers for all INDIA as All the Cricketers performed so well every around...but

...I know it well that he is a JAT from Baghpat Distt near Meerut & Live in Meerut...

I know it because ...I had been to meerut so many times & lived there for 1 year...that time Praveen Kumar was shining in RanJi Matches...

It was once mentioned in a news paper also "A JAT bowler of UP" when there was a match between Delhi & UP teams...

Those who know about PRAVEEN KUMAR...please share information

I posted a relevant thread but by mistake I wrote Pradeep instead of Praveen because one more JAT Cricketer Pradeep Sangwan of delhi performed in under19 world cup.

bye

Yes, Praveen Kumar is Jat, but not from Baghpat. He is from Laprana village which is close to Shamli.
http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/uttarpradesh/4_1_4237243.html
http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/local/uttarpradesh/4_1_4240345.html

vijay
March 13th, 2008, 12:56 AM

He is a Jat from Meerut and belongs to a Family whose interest is in wresting only ...... i suppose i have posted that earlier ...... maybe few days back when India didn't had crushed Aussies yet.