PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

rixbelgium
January 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Dear Members

I think we should have a forum for new memebers where they can introduce themselves and we can welcome them and keep them with us.

Just a suggestion if suits everyone then we may have one forum like that . I came to jatland and i missed that so i suggested this here .

Jat

Maniisha
January 12th, 2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21418

Hello Arjun Ji..:)
You can review the above forum for the same ....
Hope u find this site worth sharing ur views !!
Welcome to Jatland.

anilsinghd
January 12th, 2008, 06:33 PM
mod sahiba ka sahi jawaab :D

dndeswal
January 12th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Manisha has just pointed to a thread posted by a member.

Those new members who want to introduce themselves, should do so in "Time Pass" forum. Read the following announcement which is posted at the top of forum-page "About Jatland.com" :

** Post in the correct forum only! (Please Read) ** (http://www.jatland.com/forums/announcement.php?f=10)

rixbelgium
January 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Dear Members

This is not what i meant i am a moderator on other forums also and thats why i suggested something like this that i liked this concept there also ..actually what i meant was ...A new member wont know that he has to go into timepass and introduce himself so it is best to have a BOLD forum in the home page with a heading like Welcome to Jtland or Introduce yourselves and then eveyone can welcome the new JAt ...

Thanks

neels
January 13th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Dear Members

This is not what i meant i am a moderator on other forums also and thats why i suggested something like this that i liked this concept there also ..actually what i meant was ...A new member wont know that he has to go into timepass and introduce himself so it is best to have a BOLD forum in the home page with a heading like Welcome to Jtland or Introduce yourselves and then eveyone can welcome the new JAt ...

Thanks

A worth considerable Suggestion.

asuhag
January 14th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Dear Members

Thanks

Makes all the sense to me & my vote is an AEY! ;)

rixbelgium
January 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Dear Members

I am glad that atleast there are people who understood me and the suggestion. I am sure once we have that forum new members will be motivated to introduce themselves and in return they will also know everyone also as we all will welcome them here on JATLAND.:)

Thanks ashish suhag ji and Dr Neelam ji

Regards

Arjun

asuhag
January 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM
... Thanks ashish suhag ji ...
Arjun

Just 'Ashish' would suffice :)
Cheers!

pnauhwar21
January 16th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Introduction should rather be made compulsory for every member with basic details like profession, village, gotra, location etc. This will help in curbing fake ids (especially Non-Jats).

Also, I believe login should be made compulsory to even read the posts on Jatland unless we want everyone (read Non-Jats) to read what we discuss.

shweta123
January 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Introduction should rather be made compulsory for every member with basic details like profession, village, gotra, location etc. This will help in curbing fake ids (especially Non-Jats).

Also, I believe login should be made compulsory to even read the posts on Jatland unless we want everyone (read Non-Jats) to read what we discuss.

Absolutely !! It is really wierd that people can read the username of any person along with his posts just without login ! I also strongly feel that posts must not at all be accessible for anyone without a login. More so, if the introduction in this way is made cumpulsory, then it will surely be beneficial because if anyone gives his basic details then his identification can easily be verified if need be.

mukeshkumar007
January 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Good suggestion !! Basic Introduction like name, village name, background etc, must be made compulsory!!

It is really wierd that people can read the username of any person along with his posts just without login ! I also strongly feel that posts must not at all be accessible for anyone without a login.

what is wrong in this ??

rixbelgium
January 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Come on other members also come forward and support this suggestion

sudheer166
January 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
There shd be some more fields like Gotra of mother and father , ancestoral village etc.then it will be easy to weed out non jat members.

cooljat
January 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I Second ur thought bro..

lrburdak
January 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
This is very good Idea. At times there come new members registered and go un noticed. This seems un courteous.

My suggestions

The first step should be that the new member will give all possible details about him in his fist post. The format can be designed here. These info can be put on user page of Jatland Wiki that is basically meant for it. That way info will not be lost and will always be there to see as a record.

Second step should be that As soon as new member puts his first post there should be automatically generated welcome message.

Regards,

dndeswal
January 20th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Although the list of newly registered members can be seen at members' list (if viewed date-wise), they remain more or less un-noticed by other members. If an "introduction" post is made mandatory for every member, none will have a 'zero' post-count. Now, more or less 50 per cent members have '0' posts !

rixbelgium
January 28th, 2008, 10:28 PM
finally who is gonna make efforts ?? :D