PDA

View Full Version : An experience.....lot more to do

shashiverma
January 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM
This is one of the experience during my Jan-jagriti visit and so I thought of sharing it with you all...

We (about 10-12 of us) were sitting in a classroom in the village to discuss about the possible ways to improve education in villages. Although being sunday there were some students as well in the class who were surely a bit more excited with the presence of possible hope in their class today. Amidst our discussion I noticed an old man sitting in the middle of door...probably he wanted to listen to the discussion and at the time did not want to be a part of it. During his stay he din´t even uttered a single word but his appearance and his eyes were speaking volumes.

I frequently turned towards him to listen to the unspoken words. I was thinking that probably I may find some confusion or excitement in his eyes...but to my surprise they were same all the time. I was wondering what was there in his mind which made him stay there for almost three hours without uttering a single word. Then I realised that the person who is sitting there at the door is a man who had spent his entire life working hard in the fields to make a living. He ia experienced but a bit tired. To him life means struggle and hard work. His experience says that there can not be a way to make life simple and comfortable although his hope earnestly desire some comfort. He is rigid. Life had been tough on him and so probably he wants to have a comfortable tomorrow atleast for his kids. His experience of life did not let him come inside the class but his hope at the same time did not let him just pass by.

I can possibly understand the struggle going in his world. There were many queries in his mind whose answers he was there looking for. In spite of his dilemma he was appearing to be strong enough to handle everything himself.

I was keen to talk to him but before I could have approached him he disappeared and I was left with so many ´perhaps´ in my mind. Possibly some day I may meet him in a different appearance and I just hope that day I may be in a position to convince him to sit inside the class. Possibly I may convince him that an educated farmer or educated humanbeing in whatever role is much better than an un-educated person....Possibly I may convince him to compliment the efforts of his body by the efforts of his mind for the sake of life he really deserves.

navingulia
January 27th, 2008, 09:17 AM
that old farmer is that person who has thousands of times stood and walked in rallies of political and religious leaders. He has shouted slogans at top voice hoping that there will be a change for the good and hoping to be part of that change.
he still wants to be a part of something more meaningful.
Despite failing everytime, he still doesnot want to lose an opportunity. Thats why he sits there.
he thinks maybe we city looking cleanly dressed people talking 'educated talk' wouldnot appreciate his muddy dress, rugged look, crude ideas and language amongst us.

pscil
January 29th, 2008, 03:52 AM
This is one of the experience during my Jan-jagriti visit and so I thought of sharing it with you all...

We (about 10-12 of us) were sitting in a classroom in the village to discuss about the possible ways to improve education in villages. Although being sunday there were some students as well in the class who were surely a bit more excited with the presence of possible hope in their class today. Amidst our discussion I noticed an old man sitting in the middle of door...probably he wanted to listen to the discussion and at the time did not want to be a part of it. During his stay he din´t even uttered a single word but his appearance and his eyes were speaking volumes.

I frequently turned towards him to listen to the unspoken words. I was thinking that probably I may find some confusion or excitement in his eyes...but to my surprise they were same all the time. I was wondering what was there in his mind which made him stay there for almost three hours without uttering a single word. Then I realised that the person who is sitting there at the door is a man who had spent his entire life working hard in the fields to make a living. He ia experienced but a bit tired. To him life means struggle and hard work. His experience says that there can not be a way to make life simple and comfortable although his hope earnestly desire some comfort. He is rigid. Life had been tough on him and so probably he wants to have a comfortable tomorrow atleast for his kids. His experience of life did not let him come inside the class but his hope at the same time did not let him just pass by.

I can possibly understand the struggle going in his world. There were many queries in his mind whose answers he was there looking for. In spite of his dilemma he was appearing to be strong enough to handle everything himself.

I was keen to talk to him but before I could have approached him he disappeared and I was left with so many ´perhaps´ in my mind. Possibly some day I may meet him in a different appearance and I just hope that day I may be in a position to convince him to sit inside the class. Possibly I may convince him that an educated farmer or educated humanbeing in whatever role is much better than an un-educated person....Possibly I may convince him to compliment the efforts of his body by the efforts of his mind for the sake of life he really deserves.

Upakshet kal peridt sathya udhayase se bhare ghambir matmale chare, Inhe ko dekh kar jine kuki karuna karne ke ma hai.