PDA

View Full Version : Delhi Guragon toll road failed totally and will not be success in future too.

solankilakshya
January 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Delhi Guragon toll road failed totally and will not be success in future too. the concept of BOT for this expressway is totally wrong and made to give benefits to concessionaire in stead of User.
How you can get out of this Jam when numbers of vehicle plying between Gurgaon and Delhi is too High . even if the vehicle take 30 second for toll payment their will be a line of 30-40 vehicle in a que . this road is internal road like other roads of Delhi and Gurgaon

1. They have constructed this expressway on the existing alignment as BOT between two city Gurgaon Delhi which is having more than 1.5 lacks PCU
2. why this section can't be constructed by Govt (without BOT) when we are investing thousands of crores for Common wealth Game
3. user of this highway are daily office goers/commuter and paying tax on petrol fro road development
4. Govts are constructing many flyover in Delhi without charging toll
5. people working in Gurgaon Delhi using this toll wasting Man-month hours in lacks
6. users are highly tax payer (income tax to Govt) to provide these facility
7. This is not a new alignment as DND toll road where people pay toll happily.
8. why they are charging from the person using service road only ( commuter of Dwarka, Jankpuri , Nagafgarh , Uttam nagar , Mahavir enclave , Dabri, Palam village /Colony, Bagdola etc . this nos may be more than 10-20 thousand per day )

I hope you will find much more lead to resolve the issue otherwise it will be a never ending issue. In my opinion toll within these type of condition should be constructed on new alignme

desijat
January 30th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Today while travelling from Gurgaon to Delhi during the rush-hour i was happy that the jam would no longer bother me and honestly it did not untill i hit the Toll Booth....

Toll booth had a KM long line(dont know if that is a usual picture) and we had to wait 15-20 mins to get to the booth. Funny part is, we found a lane which was free from toll and no one was charging money for toll there, our driver drove into the lane and we did not pay anything.

I thought that was it and no more jam... but just a distance of a few meters proved me wrong when we hit the Delhi Govt. Toll Tax booth, though it just took us 5 minz...

Surely the jam has been restricted, no more Palam, Mahipalpur and IFFCO Chowk jams but i guess toll booth needs a serious consideration....

skarmveer
January 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Taxes are not paid for public convineance, If we want any facility then we will pay for that. People who so ever paying their hardearned money on account of tax are the beggar and requesting for services and those who are not paying anything( not even Bill of electricity, water and house tax etc.) are the main concerned of the government becuase they only cast their vote. Government is very much concerned about muslims, only because of vote politics.

Delhi Guragon toll road failed totally and will not be success in future too. the concept of BOT for this expressway is totally wrong and made to give benefits to concessionaire in stead of User.
How you can get out of this Jam when numbers of vehicle plying between Gurgaon and Delhi is too High . even if the vehicle take 30 second for toll payment their will be a line of 30-40 vehicle in a que . this road is internal road like other roads of Delhi and Gurgaon

1. They have constructed this expressway on the existing alignment as BOT between two city Gurgaon Delhi which is having more than 1.5 lacks PCU
2. why this section can't be constructed by Govt (without BOT) when we are investing thousands of crores for Common wealth Game
3. user of this highway are daily office goers/commuter and paying tax on petrol fro road development
5. people working in Gurgaon Delhi using this toll wasting Man-month hours in lacks
8. why they are charging from the person using service road only ( commuter of Dwarka, Jankpuri , Nagafgarh , Uttam nagar , Mahavir enclave , Dabri, Palam village /Colony, Bagdola etc . this nos may be more than 10-20 thousand per day )

I hope you will find much more lead to resolve the issue otherwise it will be a never ending issue. In my opinion toll within these type of condition should be constructed on new alignme

sumitsehrawat
January 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Ever wondered why the same doesn't happen at the Nodia-Delhi toll station?? Price is Rs 20 flat and no receipt is given unless demanded. They operate real quick. I have heard the price here at Delhi-Gurgaon toll is Rs 16. I mean not 15 or 20 but 16. ugh!!
First step to solve this should be to revise toll to some round figure.

~Sumit

solankilakshya
January 31st, 2008, 11:22 AM
Dear all
Delhi -Noida Toll road constructed on new alignment .
2. Gurgaon -Noida constructed on Existing road alignment. it will better to construct a Toll Road b/w such city on new Alignment
3. People(60-70%) using this toll Road are Office goers in between Delhi & Gurgaon (they used their vehicle ).
3. This road should be treated as other road of Delhi
4.you can avoid jam even if you have to wait for 15 sec at toll booth because traffic density and volume is too high
5.Govt. have to think for new alignment on BOT and this Road should be Toll free. Toll booth is resulting into traffic JAM
6. Why govt can made this Road Toll free
7. why they have 3 toll plaza in a stretch of 25 Km

ssindhu
January 31st, 2008, 02:07 PM
Dear all
Delhi -Noida Toll road constructed on new alignment .
2. Gurgaon -Noida constructed on Existing road alignment. it will better to construct a Toll Road b/w such city on new Alignment
3. People(60-70%) using this toll Road are Office goers in between Delhi & Gurgaon (they used their vehicle ).
4.you can avoid jam even if you have to wait for 15 sec at toll booth because traffic density and volume is too high
5.Govt. have to think for new alignment on BOT and this Road should be Toll free. Toll booth is resulting into traffic JAM

smart cards, pre-paid cards, sold in every nook and corner like pan wala's, mobile shops or any other roadside shops will solve the clog...will take some time, but surely the most efficient method

trueblueindian
January 31st, 2008, 05:15 PM
smart cards, pre-paid cards, sold in every nook and corner like pan wala's, mobile shops or any other roadside shops will solve the clog...will take some time, but surely the most efficient method

thats allready there ... unfrtunately they havent distributed those
"TAG Recharges" at prominent locations before and after Toll booth..

Also my take is ammount of pollution and fuel cost .... if we calculate it that way .... the cost incurred on the project will be too less in comparison to wastage ... so why only think about inconveneince ... after all as some one said ... its tax payer's money and fuel subsidy is one of the major chunk of our annual budget ....

solankilakshya
February 1st, 2008, 09:32 AM

I think seema you are not understanding the issue. i think you will fight for the cause being a reporter when you understand it fully .

Toll Roads means free flow of traffic . Here i am getting delay by 25 minute every day after opening of this Expressway ( Delhi-Gurgaon).

seema please read thread carefully and come up with stron g view. i Know its not affeting your life being in Faridabad but its our social resposibility .am i correct ?

solankilakshya
February 1st, 2008, 09:35 AM
Ever wondered why the same doesn't happen at the Nodia-Delhi toll station?? Price is Rs 20 flat and no receipt is given unless demanded. They operate real quick. I have heard the price here at Delhi-Gurgaon toll is Rs 16. I mean not 15 or 20 but 16. ugh!!
First step to solve this should be to revise toll to some round figure.

~Sumit
dear Sumit
Noida -Delhi Toll Road constructed on New alignment. at this Toll road traffic diverted from Nizamuddin Bridge( reduce the load of nizamuddin Bridge NH-24). but Delhi-Gurgaon toll Road constructed on existing alignment

solankilakshya
February 1st, 2008, 09:38 AM
thats allready there ... unfrtunately they havent distributed those
"TAG Recharges" at prominent locations before and after Toll booth..

Also my take is ammount of pollution and fuel cost .... if we calculate it that way .... the cost incurred on the project will be too less in comparison to wastage ... so why only think about inconveneince ... after all as some one said ... its tax payer's money and fuel subsidy is one of the major chunk of our annual budget ....

very true
this road Should be toll free , reasons are many

I hope you will find much more lead to resolve the issue otherwise it will be a never ending issue. In my opinion toll within these type of condition should be constructed on new alignment

ssindhu
February 1st, 2008, 11:18 AM
I think seema you are not understanding the issue. i think you will fight for the cause being a reporter when you understand it fully .

Toll Roads means free flow of traffic . Here i am getting delay by 25 minute every day after opening of this Expressway ( Delhi-Gurgaon).

seema please read thread carefully and come up with stron g view. i Know its not affeting your life being in Faridabad but its our social resposibility .am i correct ?

i am no civic problems reporter...i am in a business paper

solankilakshya
February 1st, 2008, 11:42 AM
i am no civic problems reporter...i am in a business paper

but you can ask your friends to highlight the issue .

dndeswal
February 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Yesterday evening I happened to travel to Gurgaon, from Dhaula Kuan. Up to the toll collection booths, it was a smooth journey but just before those toll gates, it was a chaotic situation. Though the waiting lines were not so long, it took half an hour just to cross that point by paying 16-Rupee toll. The cars were changing lanes even at that point. Highway authorities have not earmarked proper lanes and the Indian drivers are notorious for violating traffic rules.

Amazingly, while coming back at around 9 p.m., it was ‘free for all’ – no toll was charged. Since the traffic was immense, perhaps the guys at the booths thought it fit to let the commuters cross freely – how long can they face the fury of road users?

trueblueindian
February 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yesterday evening I happened to travel to Gurgaon, from Dhaula Kuan. Up to the toll collection booths, it was a smooth journey but just before those toll gates, it was a chaotic situation. Though the waiting lines were not so long, it took half an hour just to cross that point by paying 16-Rupee toll. The cars were changing lanes even at that point. Highway authorities have not earmarked proper lanes and the Indian drivers are notorious for violating traffic rules.

Amazingly, while coming back at around 9 p.m., it was ‘free for all’ – no toll was charged. Since the traffic was immense, perhaps the guys at the booths thought it fit to let the commuters cross freely – how long can they face the fury of road users?

Interesting .... 9 P.M. seems to be pay back time for all the inconveniences caused by DND management ..... LOL

solankilakshya
February 2nd, 2008, 01:05 PM

Deswal SIr,

free for all because they are avoiding creticism at this stage. they are making it free 5 to six times in day. I am using this Toll Road every day. the solution of this expreesway is only one" toll gate should be remove- make it toll free". you can image the traffic volume on the road is too high , 15 sec stopping mean 30-40 vehcle in a que

solankimk
March 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Deswal SIr,

free for all because they are avoiding creticism at this stage. they are making it free 5 to six times in day. I am using this Toll Road every day. the solution of this expreesway is only one" toll gate should be remove- make it toll free". you can image the traffic volume on the road is too high , 15 sec stopping mean 30-40 vehcle in a que

dear all
we have to understand the problem caused by this