PDA

View Full Version : Going to states for MS

vilakshan_taank
July 25th, 2004, 03:39 PM
HI
I am going to Colorado State University, Fort Collins for MS in Electrical Engineering. I have been admitted to electrical and computer engineering department. I am interested in computer science with specialization in Artificial Intelligence. So I want to shift to computer science department. Has anyone done that? I need help in that regard. Also, is there anyone from Colorado near Fort Colins city?

jtsagi
July 27th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Changing majors is a common thing students do once they are here. Just talk to your Graduate Advisor and he/she should be able to help you in switching majors.

As far as knowing anyone in Colorado, I would suggest that you browse the Colorado State University site for the international student organizations and send email to Indian students who I am sure would be willing to help you once you are here.

vilakshan_taank
July 28th, 2004, 03:28 PM
hi Jatin
Thanks for the info. I am in contact with the indian student association also. I will talk to my graduate advisor in the same reagard.

Regards,
vilakshan

ravichaud
July 29th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Hello,
I am a Phd candidate in the Mechanical Engineering Department at CSU. However, I am attending Colorado State via distance learning. I will offer this advice. I don't ancipate you will have trouble in changing majors, as long as you stay in the college of engineering. However, that decision will vary from department to department. Your success in graduate school will go a long way towards making this a possibility. If you are planning a change to the college of business or liberal arts, it might require another application. Talk to you advisor and study hard! Best of luck at CSU and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Don't forget to enjoy the mountains! I recommend Winter Park for skiing!
Ravi