PDA

View Full Version : Indian Hockey...

mkm_jat
March 6th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Ram Ram Bhai Logo

Yahan koi hockey khelne aur dekhne wala hai kya??

koi hockey mein interested ho to please discussion start karo....

Vaise mein aapko batana chahta hun ki Bharatiya Hockey Olympic Qualifiers mein acchha khel rahi hai... Team k Beijing pahunchane k bahut achhe chance hain...

Please come forward and support our national game.

Cheers
Manoj

sumitsehrawat
March 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Bhai accha to khel rahi hai magar England se haar gaye hum. Ab batayiye England bhi koi team hai hockey me jis se hum haar jaaye... baat 18-19 goal maarne ki nahi hai Mexico ke saath... badi teams ke against jeetna hai consistently... England to koi team nahi hai... galat haare hum?

Haanji waise, in general, Indian hockey team is shaping good for the forthcoming tournaments.

Thanks,
Sumit

Ram Ram Bhai Logo

Vaise mein aapko batana chahta hun ki Bharatiya Hockey Olympic Qualifiers mein acchha khel rahi hai... Team k Beijing pahunchane k bahut achhe chance hain...

Cheers
Manoj

sumitsehrawat
March 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Kaha accha khel rahi hai bhai...We lost to England again. And, now our hockey team is not going to Beijing.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_fails_to_make_it_to_Olympic_hockey/articleshow/2850858.cms
India fails to make it to Olympic hockey
10 Mar 2008, 0544 hrs IST,PTI

SANTIAGO: Scoring twice in the first-half, Britain ended India's Olympic dreams (Watch) with a 2-0 win in the final of the World Hockey qualifying tournament at Santiago.

Barry Middleton (4th minute) and Richard Mantell (10th) struck for Britain who then showed the discipline and character to withstand intense pressure to emerge deserving winners while qualifying for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Eight time gold medallists India thus failed to make it to the Olympics for the first time since their debut in 1928.

While the Britain players celebrated to the accompaniment of the song "We are the Champions", the Indian, heads bowed, shoulders slumped, could only watch the jubilant scenes of a team that played smarter if not better hockey.

On the day, it was Britain who showed a lot of steel in dealing with the massive pressure they were subjected to by the Indian forwards. The difference was that Britain, who had beaten India 3-2 in the league, capitalized on the two early chances that came their way, while the Indians did not.

In contrast, India could never really settle down and the two yellow cards to their key players, midfielder Sardara Singh and forward Prabhjot Singh filled their cup of woe. It brought the number of yellow cards to five in three matches.

India also blew five penalty corners with neither Ramachandra Raghunath with his drag-flicks nor Dilip Tirkey with his direct hits able to convert. In fact, their set-piece drill in the second-half was rather pathetic, as the ball was not even stopped cleanly.

Ram Ram Bhai Logo

Cheers
Manoj

vikassheokand
March 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I think this is shame on us...... hockey is our national game and we are not going to play this olympics.....

we need to do changes at all levels of hockey federation.

sumitsehrawat
March 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Absolutely. Let's start from the top. KPS Gill has been killing Indian Hockey for quite sometime now.

Thanks,
Sumit

I think this is shame on us...... hockey is our national game and we are not going to play this olympics.....

we need to do changes at all levels of hockey federation.

sumitsehrawat
March 10th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Call for Gill's ouster as India fail to qualify for Olympics
Source: http://sports.indiatimes.com/Worst_day_for_Indian_hockey_Pillay/articleshow/2851330.cms

NEW DELHI, March 10: A heartbroken hockey fraternity on Monday reacted in anger and demanded the ouster of Indian Hockey Federation President KPS Gill following the team's unprecedented failure to make the cut for the Beijing Olympics.

India created a dubious history as they lost to England 2-0 to miss the bus for the quadrennial games for the first time in 80 years.

A disturbed Dhanraj Pillay, who could not sleep in the night after witnessing the team slumping to ignominy, said it's high time the top brass of IHF was overhauled.

"How much you speak about it is not sufficient. We have created a bad piece of history. It's the worst day for Indian hockey. It's time to replace the top officials of the federation. IHF never tried to take the help of players like me who have played for the country so long," Pillay said.

The four-time Olympian, however, said people who matter should look forward instead of criticising the players.

An irked Asian Games gold medallist goal-keeper AB Subaiah said not only Gill but the whole set up has to go after the debacle.

"People who are asking for Gill's head should also realise that people like (IHF Secretary) K Jothikumaran and (Uttar Pradesh association official) JN Tyagi should also go. It's very sad and unfortunate that we could not qualify for the Olympics," he said.

However, former coach Baskaran said now the team should be rebuilt keeping an eye on the important assignments in near future.

"We need to build a team in two years' time and should look ahead at Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and the World Cup," he said.

Olympian Gurdeep Singh blamed the lack of planning which pinned the team down.

"There was no plan. We have never been tactical. The body language of the players was not good. There were desperate signs which turned into a nightmare," he said.

"After Asia Cup we did not play enough matches," he added.

Former captain Viren Rasquinha said there was lack of composure and discipline in team in the final.

"It was a poor match. There was lack of composure and discipline. Two yellow cards in an crucial game like this speaks about it. We were lucky not to concede six more goals. The defence was poor, the half line non-existent and the forwards were invisible," he said.

Noted commentator Jasdev Singh called for a change in an IHF set-up for the revival of Indian hockey.

"It's the saddest day for Indian hockey, it will be very difficult to come out of the phase. It's a huge psychological blow and would be difficult to recover from. There should be a change in guard because only fresh ideas can bring about a turnaround," he said.

Pointing the finger at coach Carvalho (Watch: Coach steps down) , Olympian and selector Gurbaux Singh said Technical Advisor Ric Charlesworth's inputs would have helped the side in the crucial tournament.

"It's sad that Ric Chrlesworth's servicees were not utilised. He was not even allowed to go to Chile. Why? His advice could have helped. Only because of the ego of some people, he was kept out of the loop."

Expressing his helplessness, he said after picking the 30 probables, the entire selection was done by the coach and not the selectors.

sumitsehrawat
March 10th, 2008, 08:38 PM
IHF vice president Batra steps down, raps Gill
Source: http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200803101640.htm

New Delhi (PTI): Indian Hockey Federation Vice President Narender Batra, a bitter critic of chief KPS Gill's "autocratic" functioning, on Monday stepped down from his post and also asked the IHF's top brass to resign in the wake of India's failure to qualify for the Olympics.

Reacting sharply to India's 2-0 defeat against Great Britain in the Olympic qualifiers in Chile, Batra said all the top officials should take moral responsibility for the fiasco.

"I do not have words. It's a shame. I am disappointed. I tried my best but failed. My idea was to start an initiative to revive hockey. All the federation officials should resign," he said.

Training his gun at Gill, Batra alleged that coach Joaquim Carvalho's appointment was because of the IHF's policy to appease the Bombay Hockey Association.

"I am not talking about Carvalho's ability. But the way he was appointed," he said.

He also alleged that coaches who were vocal were changed and Carvalho continued as he was an "yes man."

Batra said it's unfortunate that a security person like Suresh Sharma worked as the chief of protocol.

"It's sad that Carvalho has to report to Suresh Sharma, a security person who was made chief selector," he said.

Batra said the Sports Ministry was not concerned about hockey and only government's intervention could revive the game.

mkm_jat
March 10th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I am also in favour of total overhaul of IHF n team.
Team India should be full with young guns and they should be trained keeping future in mind.

There are 2 big tourneys are coming in next two years... They should learn sth from this and should start preparing the forthcoming events.

Regards
Manoj

dndeswal
March 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM

No need to waste words - cartoon speaks itself !

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080311/edit1.jpg

shailendra
March 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Oh God!!! :eek:
This simply has to be the worst news in the Modern Sports History of India!!!... What utter shame and humiliation for a great traditional Hockey playing Nation!........

I simply have no other words to add here! Just shocked, dismayed and totally disillusioned,... can't seem to fathom- How, why....:(

cooljat
March 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Indeed Worst Day for Indian Sports History!! :(:(

but even worsen thing is nobody seems to taking responsibility!! :mad::mad:

Politics & Dictatorship of this bloody KPS Gill, certainly ruined our so called National Game; and this shameless Gill still saying I wont resign!! :mad::mad:

What to say more? after such humilation & utter shame if officials still dont open their eyes, then its the END of the game. :(:(

Rock on
Jit

vijay
March 12th, 2008, 04:50 AM
KPS Gill has been killing Indian Hockey for quite sometime now.

KPS Gill is doing that since last few years ...... and the shameless person says that he won't quit ......... typical Indian policeman ..........

How many among you know that he ( KPS GILL is former DGP of Punjab ) is an IPS.

He lost all the respect he earned during his service in Punjab ...... and let's not talk about Rupan Deol Bajaj :)

But i don't think that he got a Hockey stick and played there ....... politics is before and after the match only ........ inbetween..... it's just about the players ..... how they perform ...... AGREE ???

sindhu
March 12th, 2008, 08:32 AM
"I will respond to these things at a later stage. We do not have an instant coffee machine that you can get results instantly.” KPS Gill

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080311/sports.htm#9

Gentleman 10 years is still instant. You are sucker who could not perform and now saying it is not instant coffee machine.

You need instant kick at an instant place

sumitsehrawat
April 28th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Source: http://sports.indiatimes.com/Gill_sacked_IHF_suspended_by_IOA/articleshow/2991881.cms

Gill sacked, IHF suspended by IOA

NEW DELHI, April 28: KPS Gill's 15-year tenure as the hockey boss came to an unceromonius end with the Indian Olympic Association on Monday removing him by suspending the IHF and appointing an ad-hoc committee, headed by former Olympian Aslam Sher Khan.

The "unanimous" decision to suspend IHF was taken at an emergency meeting called by the IOA following the sting operation which caught secretary K Jothikumaran purportedly accepting bribe to select a player in the national team.

The ad-hoc committee will have hockey greats such as Ashok Kumar, Dhanraj Pillay, Ajit Pal Singh and Zafar Iqbal as the other members.

"It is a painful decision that we made today. But it had to be taken since there were corruption allegations. We have taken the decision after discussions with former Olympians, captains and all those who have played for India," IOA President Suresh Kalmadi told a packed press conference.

"Gill was there (meeting) throughout. It was a unanimous decision and no one spoke against it. We have great respect for KPS Gill and it is not personal.

"Jothikumaran did not come unfortunately, we wanted to hear him. It was an opportunity for him to present his case," he said.

Nishantrathi82
April 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Atlast something good has happened in Indian Hockey Gill to gull ho gaye .
Now we can expect some good performance from our hockey team.
Or even next hockey world cup is hosted by india only so for that also we have to improve our performance otherwise we can loose the tournament host status.
Let's hope for best

cooljat
April 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Agreed! Finally the right move by authority...Gill must be behind the bars for degrading our national game like this! :mad:

I wish & hope that glory days of our national game will roll back! Amen! :)

Rock on
Jit

Atlast something good has happened in Indian Hockey Gill to gull ho gaye .
Now we can expect some good performance from our hockey team.
Or even next hockey world cup is hosted by india only so for that also we have to improve our performance otherwise we can loose the tournament host status.
Let's hope for best

mkm_jat
May 19th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I hope you all are aware of Indian Hockey Team performance at Azlan Shah Cup. They got silver there. I think it was a good performance by team of guys whose avg age is around 20 yrs. They didnt play even a single game as team before the tournament. As they rebound back after loosing first two matches, it was a good a show till finals. Beating teams like Pakistan and other two olympic bound teams and then missing title clash by golden goal that was also not a good goal, I ll say it was luck of Argentina which awarded them the title.

Indian team performed very well through out the tournament, which shows we have good bunch of players for forthcoming competitions. As someone mentioned about worldcup. I wish if the team will keep on playing and improving like this, we can world champion also.

Wish them good luck.
Regards
Manoj

cooljat
May 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Ya! Bro, am aware n lil dejected as we deserved Gold, nyways hard luck this time! But on the contrary what a relief, this gud performance is kinda cool breeze after departure of evil Gill :)

Way to go boys...godspeed!!

Rock on
Jit

I hope you all are aware of Indian Hockey Team performance at Azlan Shah Cup. They got silver there. I think it was a good performance by team of guys whose avg age is around 20 yrs. They didnt play even a single game as team before the tournament. As they rebound back after loosing first two matches, it was a good a show till finals. Beating teams like Pakistan and other two olympic bound teams and then missing title clash by golden goal that was also not a good goal, I ll say it was luck of Argentina which awarded them the title.

Indian team performed very well through out the tournament, which shows we have good bunch of players for forthcoming competitions. As someone mentioned about worldcup. I wish if the team will keep on playing and improving like this, we can world champion also.

Wish them good luck.
Regards
Manoj

sumitsehrawat
May 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Yup...good performance. I hope in future we play better against teams that are immediately next to us in the rankings.
Good show, nevertheless.

Wish them good luck.
Regards
Manoj

sumitsehrawat
July 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Source: http://sports.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3223809.cms

NEW DELHI, July 11: Failure to get his outstanding salary arrears cleared and inadequate working conditions were the main reasons for India's hockey consultant Ric Charlesworth to abruptly resign from his high-profile post.

The Australian legend is extremely critical of the hockey establishment and its functioning while also threatening to take legal action against his Indian employers if his outstanding dues were not cleared.

In a strongly worded resignation letter, a copy of which is available with a news agency, Charlesworth said that he was convinced he could not effectively operate as an advisor as his recommendations did not carry any weight.

Charlesworth's dramatic resignation came to light only on Thursday, though he had put in his papers on June 25 after serving around seven tumultuous months in the position.

The former Australian captain also cited the "entirely unrealistic" expectations on him and the failure to give him a proper support staff as some of the other reasons for packing his bags.

"I have been working in India since 10th of December 2007, although SAI unfortunately has failed to recognise in contractual format my earlier tenure. On March 20th under duress I finally signed a contract that was far from adequate and from what was agreed earlier," Charlesworth said in his resignation letter.

"I did so in order to continue my work in the hope that things will improve in my working conditions and that I would have the opportunity to do what the original concept entailed," said Charlesworth.

"I also did so with the express promise of the IHF President and Secretary General as well as Executive director team sports that all outstanding invoices and salary arrears would be paid expeditiously. This has not proved to be the case. The history of the contract negotiations and the fact of so many unfulfilled promises is the great regret of my time in India," he said.

Charlesworth had been sent to India by the FIH, the game's world governing body, as part of a project to revive Indian hockey. However the previous IHF regime under KPS Gill did not allow him to coach the senior team and generally did not involve him with its activities.

But after India failed to qualify for the Beijing Olympics the IHF, under pressure from the FIH, formally signed the contract with Charlesworth in March.

"The expectations of my position have been entirely unrealistic. Given no support staff, impossible travelling and living arrangements, no tools of trade and freedom to act, the whole thing has proved very difficult if not impossible. All these things had been promised," he said.

"I am not crying foul as I knew India would be difficult... I just did not believe it could be this difficult. I still have no computer, no employer provided phone, no efficient capacity to plan and book travel and I remain unpaid for many months with considerable personal expenditure un-remitted," he said.

"If India believes it can resurrect its fortunes without matching the practices of successful nations it would be a remarkable feat," Charlesworth said.

Charlesworth said he would not shy away from dragging his Indian employers to court if his dues were not paid.

"I reserve my right to claim the outstanding amounts that are due to me by SAI and the IHF for my work in India over the past seven months. This will likely entail recourse to legal actions in the courts in order to be compensated," he said.

Charlesworth felt India needed to accelerate its development pace to catch up with other top nations, especially in view of the ground realities at home.

"As I have pointed out many times I do not believe India can afford to change slowly or that it can without a paradigm shift, generate the resources and energy to re-organise the game at the highest level," he said.

"The FIH supported the project sharing the same view but sometimes the reality in the ground is too overwhelming and without any glimmer of change on the horizon I make this decision. I believe that I am left with no other choice as things stand," he added

mkm_jat
July 11th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Yeh Sumit,
I read the news in morning, and could not understand how is this all happening to Hockey only.
Bloody MS Gill had ruined the system like this, that system itself will take time to come on right track then only we can think of revival of hockey.

But I am sure one it will be in its golden era again.
Good luck India for our National Game
Manoj

rajeevtomar
July 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM
hello

bhai ye hamara national game haan. bt iski bhut durgati ho rhai haan. or durgati karne wale bhi humare apne hi haan. koch wo addmi bana rahka haan jisko is game ki kuch bhi knowldeg nahi haan. or subse badi baat to ye ki subka dhyan sirf is bat bol par hi rehn laga. nash kar diya is criket ne to mahre is national game ka....

bhut dhuk hota haan mujko... apne is khel par....

rajeev

rajeev

mkm_jat
July 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Rajeev ji...
Baat aapki bilkul sahi hai...
Naash apne haatho se hi kar rahe hain...
Koi is game ko dekhna pasand karta, koi bhi khelna pasand nahin karta ... agar koi dekhna pasand kare bhi to sale DoorDarshan Wale telecast hi nahin ... even news mein bhi nahin dikhate...

Yahan kitne logo ko pata hai ki abhi Jr Asia Cup chal raha hai vo bhi India, ... jab India Olympic mein qualify nahin kar payee thi sabne raag alape the "80 saal mein pahli Bharat Olympic se bahar"... aur Jab Azlan Shah Cup 2008 mein olympic qualified teams ko harakar runner rahi thi Indian Team tab kisi ne shayad zikr tak nahin kiya tha...

IPL ki khabar raat din tak dikhate rahte hain... kisiko pata bhi hai kya PHL ka Idea .. PHL(Premier Hockey League ... one of the best hockey league in world) jo ki India mein hoti hai...

Ye naash apne hathon se ho raha hai ...
Koi is game ne bacha sakta hai to vo hai Indian Public but public ko Cricket ke alawa kuchh dikhta hi nahin ... so bad situation of country...

I hope ek aayega jab India, na ki Hockey mein apna purana rutba haasil karega, kintu baaki khelon mein world ki best teams mein count hoga...
Good luck India
Manoj