PDA

View Full Version : The heat is on : South Africa Vs India

vijay
March 13th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Zulu ( Lance Klusner ) says that South Aftricans are the favourites but would be a tough series at all. No statement yet from any South African players ........ i believe that even Aussies never considerd themselves so mighty whenever they are/were playing in India against Indians.

It seems that Proties are following the Aussie strategy..... they used to do in past ....... I remember Kepler Wessles hitting Kapil Dev with his bat on his legs delibrately ....... Donald's stupid behaviour when his deliveries were dispatched for a six by Rahul Dravid twice in a row ....... who want to forget the world cup 1992 when Kapil scored 6,4,6,4 against Donald in an over ..... and that Shreesanth's famous Six to Andre Neil ...... and coming back of Saurav Ganguly and off course downfall of Sehwag.

What's next ?

anilsinghd
March 17th, 2008, 11:43 PM
going to be a good battle , but cnat think of more than graeme smith and gibbs as batsmen who can trouble india ( spinners to be precise ) !

but india have the reputation of helping foregin youngsters build their career , so can expect some new faces to make good runs !

Nel is not coming i guess because of the quota rule , so will be less fun.

But still Test matches will go india way ( if abdur rajjak and rafique can trouble SA's , kumble and bhajji can for sure ) and one -dayers could be anyones bet.

vijay
March 18th, 2008, 12:24 AM
If i am right then Gibbs is not coming too :confused:

Whatever ........ we disthrown the former world champs ....... and now it's time to do that again against the new champs and doing it on our homeground should not be a big deal.

Test matches are the real standard still to decide that who are the best ........ i hope that Proteas would face some bad time here.

Yes ..... ODI's are just a one day wonders where anybody can rewrite record books :) ...... and we have some better predictions about Indians .... don't we ?

anilsinghd
March 21st, 2008, 02:23 AM
I just wish they dont go to an controversy !!!!!

Heard that Dhoni is like after seniors, still feel Dravid , GAnguly , Kumble have something to contribute !

vijay
March 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Heard that Dhoni is like after seniors, still feel Dravid , GAnguly , Kumble have something to contribute !

Dhoni maybe be a superstar for the time being ...... but i honestly want to ask that is Dhoni such a great player who can comment on these players. I never heard even the Great Sachin commenting on Gavaskar and Kapil and neither from Ganguly.

Dhoni maybe a performing good but he must keep in mind that it's Indian media who even don't spare Sachin when someone have some bad days.

Dhoni have to travel a long distance before he find it suitable to comment on players like Dravid, Ganguly and Kumble.

After all what people say ..... form/fame is temporary but class is for forever.

vijay
March 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM
After Sehwag's great inning ( 300 not out ) India can now lead the game ..... if Sehwag countiue for one more session only ( atleast ) India would definitely have the advantage .... provided that rest of the Indian batsman can make out everything from it ....... can declare around 700+ .... and than proteas have to fight to escape from a defeat.

sjakhars
March 28th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Absolutely.... Indians have to score fast after they cross 540. I would like to see them scoring 5+ RPO with batsmen like Sehwag, Sachin, Ganguly and laxman with no pressure whatsoever, Sehwag has absorbed all the pressure :).They should play 2 sessions tomorrow and should get a lead around 200+. Dravid needs to uplift himself. He was not able to rotate srtike today. Kumble and Bhajji can bowl out SA in less then 3 sessions I guess.

After Sehwag's great inning ( 300 not out ) India can now lead the game ..... if Sehwag countiue for one more session only ( atleast ) India would definitely have the advantage .... provided that rest of the Indian batsman can make out everything from it ....... can declare around 700+ .... and than proteas have to fight to escape from a defeat.

vijay
March 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Absolutely.... Indians have to score fast after they cross 540. I would like to see them scoring 5+ RPO with batsmen like Sehwag, Sachin, Ganguly and laxman with no pressure whatsoever, Sehwag has absorbed all the pressure :).They should play 2 sessions tomorrow and should get a lead around 200+. Dravid needs to uplift himself. He was not able to rotate srtike today. Kumble and Bhajji can bowl out SA in less then 3 sessions I guess.

Right ............ and i personally think that Dhoni should bat before Ganguly and Laxman to add runs quickly .............. would be a good choice :).... in this type of situations Dhoni is so distructive.

sjakhars
March 28th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Dhoni has changed his batting style, I dont like him playing strange shots each and every ball. If you watch his batting 1 year ago and now, you can see big change. He needs to play his natural game, specially in this kind of situation, I would like to see him after Ganguly personally.:) :p Ganguly wants to prove him as an ODI batsman too, Ganguly is a stroke player and he can send any ball to the fence in no time, the only thing I am concerned with Ganguly is his fitness in this kind of weather conditions. :p But I hope sehwag will bat through the innings until Kumble declares. No place for Dhoni, Ganguly.:p :)

Right ............ and i personally think that Dhoni should bat before Ganguly and Laxman to add runs quickly .............. would be a good choice :).... in this type of situations Dhoni is so distructive.