PDA

View Full Version : Vijender wins gold in boxing

kabir
March 23rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Now here surely we have an Olympic hope. This man Vijender, Asian Games bronze-medallist, is now World No 2 in his weight category (75kg).

http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=1c2bb1e4-b758-4424-b9ef-dd4d1cf88f67&MatchID1=4664&TeamID1=5&TeamID2=2&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1173&MatchID2=4673&TeamID3=4&TeamID4=8&MatchType2=1&SeriesID2=1177&PrimaryID=4664&Headline=Vijender+wins+gold%2c+three+others+qualif y+for+Olympics

sumitsehrawat
March 24th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Awesome!! I'll have my eyes on him. Hope he wins gold in Olympics.

Kabir, thanks for sharing:).

~Sumit

Now here surely we have an Olympic hope. This man Vijender, Asian Games bronze-medallist, is now World No 2 in his weight category (75kg).

http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=1c2bb1e4-b758-4424-b9ef-dd4d1cf88f67&MatchID1=4664&TeamID1=5&TeamID2=2&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1173&MatchID2=4673&TeamID3=4&TeamID4=8&MatchType2=1&SeriesID2=1177&PrimaryID=4664&Headline=Vijender+wins+gold%2c+three+others+qualif y+for+Olympics

vijay
March 24th, 2008, 03:31 AM

Is he Vijender Sihag ?

cooljat
March 24th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Thats a wonderful news bro Kabir!!

Congrats, Salutations & Kudos to Virender!

We all wish him all the very best for Olympic!

Godspeed!!

Rock on
Jit

bharti
May 27th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Pained to read this news

http://sports.indiatimes.com/Fund_crunch_dents_boxers_hopes/articleshow/3074689.cms

Talent available gets wasted for want of sponsors:mad:

VPannu
May 27th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Is he Vijender Sihag ?
No. He isnt. He is Vijender Kaaluwaasiya a.k.a Vijender Beniwal , belongs to village Kaaluwas in Bhiwani district.

positivelook
May 27th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Vijender is really good in his category! But state govt. of Haryana is not doing good with him they promised him to appoint Inspetor in Haryana police but didn't fulfilled the promised so far. I appeal to CM of Haryana to do come forward in the matter.

Abhimanyu Phougat

ysjabp
May 29th, 2008, 07:50 PM
FUNDS CRUNCH DENTS BOXER'S MEDAL HOPES

India's Olympic medal hope, boxer Vijendra Singh is fighting a different kind of battle outside the ring. One that is threatening to hamper his preparations for the Beijing Games. At a time when hundreds of crores are being spent on getting infrastructure in place for the 2010 New Delhi Commonwealth Games, the Doha Asiad Silver medalist is spending from his own pocket to get ready for Beijing which is just a few month away.

Vijendra Singh, one of the five Indian boxers to have made it to the mega event, is currently with the Indian squad in Chinese Taipei where boxers who have qualified for the Olympics are taking part in the Presidency Cup. " I am really finding it difficult to meet my requirements in my preparation for the Olympics. And money is biggest problem I am facing at the moment" Vijendra Singh told. "Given the current situation, I am spending from my pocket to meet most of my training and dietary needs."

The Arjun award winner said his training and diet involve a lot of expenses and in the absence of a sponsor he is finding it hard to meet them. As an example he said he had to spend Rs. 1,7000 alone for 1 kg of vitamin supplements. " I also need a lot of equipment to keep myself mentally and physically fit for the Olympics."

The boxer from Bhiwani, who's is currently working for the Railways, received and aid of Rs. 5,000 from the boxing federation recently, which helped him some extent. He is also spending the money he has received from the government as reward for wining medals in different competitions.

Vijendra said he was getting support from the Mittal Champions Trust (MCT) earlier but they have discontinued the association. The 22 years old also said he was not too sure whether other sponsors would come forward to help him in his hour of crisis. "Honestly speaking I don't know what to do get a sponsor. I don't know anybody in the corporate world," he said.

navingulia
May 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Vijender is doing a good job.
1. Being sponsored, selected and sent by Indian Olympic Association for olympics (four indian boxers have qualified) and also sponsored by railways(his current employers), who sponsor their state level athletes also well, he currently is not short of funds for preparing for olympics (he is already there)
2. He shouldnot take his this success as a high because olympics is right here and he should aim for Gold. His determination should only increase.
3. Being very close to the real big thing (olympics), the kazakh boxer might be saving himself from injury and wearing out in this less important Presidents Cup. Vijender shouldnot slacken here or take things easy.
4. The only thing that can win him the olympic gold is extreme and ever increasing determination now that he is so near.
people around him might be distracting him towards other things but he needs to focus on the real target. The olympic gold will get him and the community and country pride and glory and am sure all rewards would follow.
The concern of everyone is justified and heartening.

devdahiya
May 30th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Why should such a talent be in such a pathetic financial state... ? Why should he depend on donations..? Have these politicians who talk big lost the complete shame at their disposal? What is Olympic association doing? I am sanguine that he will get the desired sponsors now....hope so! This is not the first case......sportsmen other that Cricket have miserable existence......Shameful.