PDA

View Full Version : sleep to remain slim....

shashiverma
April 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Press Trust of India
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 (London)

Want to stay slim? Getting eight hours of shut-eye daily may be one of the simplest ways, a new study has claimed.

A team of international researchers has found that people who sleep for less than six hours a night - or more than nine - put on more weight than those who sleep for seven or eight hours daily, 'The Daily Telegraph' reported today.

The reason that the amount of sleep a person gets can govern his or her weight is because sleep affects hormones levels, especially those involved in appetite and feeling full after a meal, the study has suggested.

According to lead researcher Jean-Philippe Chaput of Laval University in Quebec, ''Our study provides evidence that both short and long sleeping times predict an increased risk of future body weight and fat gain in adults.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Ok....so all those who want to remain slim ......sleep well....8 hrs..hmm....So all the wives have a good reason to sleep comfortably ..... ;).....after all no one will put down this argument of yours.... :D

anilsinghd
April 3rd, 2008, 01:01 AM
Press Trust of India
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 (London)

Want to stay slim? Getting eight hours of shut-eye daily may be one of the simplest ways, a new study has claimed.

A team of international researchers has found that people who sleep for less than six hours a night - or more than nine - put on more weight than those who sleep for seven or eight hours daily, 'The Daily Telegraph' reported today.

The reason that the amount of sleep a person gets can govern his or her weight is because sleep affects hormones levels, especially those involved in appetite and feeling full after a meal, the study has suggested.

According to lead researcher Jean-Philippe Chaput of Laval University in Quebec, ''Our study provides evidence that both short and long sleeping times predict an increased risk of future body weight and fat gain in adults.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Ok....so all those who want to remain slim ......sleep well....8 hrs..hmm....So all the wives have a good reason to sleep comfortably ..... ;).....after all no one will put down this argument of yours.... :D

ab pata chala mujhe ki y i am a bit overweight :confused::eek:

main aaj tak 8 ghante soya hi nahi kabhi time se !

ya to 4-5 ghante ya fir 12-13 !!

i was at the extremes :D aaj se time table chaalu

shweta123
April 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
ab pata chala mujhe ki y i am a bit overweight :confused::eek:

main aaj tak 8 ghante soya hi nahi kabhi time se !

ya to 4-5 ghante ya fir 12-13 !!

i was at the extremes :D aaj se time table chaalu

Tum slim hokar kya karoge waise ....:rolleyes: ..... kya reason doge .... :p

mamtadg
April 3rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
good one ............ so if someone wants to slim down one should sleep 10-12 hrs ........i think these people should re start there reserch .....:)

shashiverma
April 3rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
good one ............ so if someone wants to slim down one should sleep 10-12 hrs ........i think these people should re start there reserch .....:)

Probably you miss some of the lines mamta...it says....7-8 hrs.......more or less both leads to weight gain.....balance....

ygulia
April 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
I agree with this research up to a large extent.
After reading your thread, I recalled my memory about the pattern of sleep in the last7/8 years and gain/loss of weight. It really works.
Shashi ji thanks for information.

shashiverma
April 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Tum slim hokar kya karoge waise ....:rolleyes: ..... kya reason doge .... :p

Come on Shweta..in today´s world of fair and lovely for man.....your objection is not at all justified... :D .....Not fair....( Just kidding ) ..its about avoiding a situation like obesity...

mamtadg
April 3rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Probably you miss some of the lines mamta...it says....7-8 hrs.......more or less both leads to weight gain.....balance....
oops allright ..... anyways my comment was not that serious it was on lighter side towards the research:)SMILESSSSSSS

ritu
April 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
yeah if u sleep more u will have less time for eating:p

shweta123
April 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Come on Shweta..in today´s world of fair and lovely for man.....your objection is not at all justified... :D .....Not fair....( Just kidding ) ..its about avoiding a situation like obesity...

Fair & Lovely nahi dii.... Fair & Handsome ....:p .....

Anyways, I agree Di .... its not just that an adequate sleep helps in avoiding obesity, its always have many other good effects ... its worth it :) ..... A balanced sleep is the key to many a positive impacts !

anilsinghd
April 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Fair & Lovely nahi dii.... Fair & Handsome ....:p .....

Anyways, I agree Di .... its not just that an adequate sleep helps in avoiding obesity, its always have many other good effects ... its worth it :) ..... A balanced sleep is the key to many a positive impacts !

neend itni aa rahi sai ki manne dikhna bhi kam ho gaya sai ! :confused:

balanced sleep ki jagah balanced sheet dikh raha :D:o

waise mujhe fair and lovely and handsome se bhi koiii dikkat nahi !!!!

thanks for the compliments shashi ji and shweta ! :D I dont mind at all !

LOL:p

shweta123
April 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
neend itni aa rahi sai ki manne dikhna bhi kam ho gaya sai !

balanced sleep ki jagah balanced sheet dikh raha

waise mujhe fair and lovely and handsome se bhi koiii dikkat nahi !!!!

thanks for the compliments shashi ji and shweta ! I dont mind at all !

LOL

To,

Shri Anil Singh Dalal

(Financial Engineer :D),
PIMCO Europe Limited.:p
Nymphenburger Str 112-116:eek:
Munchen 80636 :cool:

Sir,

With undue respect, I order you to listen that though you have no issues with fair & lovely & handsome, but these three have serious issues with you ;). They hate you desperately and sincerely. :p

And to mind requires a mind so that it could mind what is there to mind, so how can you mind ! :cool:

And sleep is making you plump and pale so take some rest down the lane and fetch a pale of water and come fast tumbling after ...... Aapko kuch samjh nahi aaya hoga na ? ....... It proves really you need some more sleep ....... sleep for atleast four days and nights at a stretch and you will wake slim & trim and your eyes will start working again :D!

Oh .... I am acknowledging your sincere thanks in anticipation, dont bow down please .... its ok !! ;)

Yours non-enemy,
Doctor S