PDA

View Full Version : best footballer

mastjat
April 10th, 2008, 04:18 PM
who would rate as the best footballer at present??????messi , ronaldo or some one else????? and why???? pour your views in this never ending debate.....

and also say who is the best footballer ever in the history????? pele , maradona , zidane, puskas..........lets argue......

here we go for the love of football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sumitsehrawat
April 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM
For his loyalty and being ethical and being highly skilled, I love Buffon the most out of current players.
For me, the best ever was Maradona and so love to watch his favourite of current lot... Messi.

My all time favourite footballer --> Roberto 'The Divine Ponytail' Baggio[:)]! Baggio was always my reason for football. Today I still watch football because Baggio made me fall in love with this beautiful game.

Thanks,
Sumit

who would rate as the best footballer at present??????messi , ronaldo or some one else????? and why???? pour your views in this never ending debate.....

and also say who is the best footballer ever in the history????? pele , maradona , zidane, puskas..........lets argue......

here we go for the love of football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anujgoliya
April 11th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Do u guys know of any local soccer hero from Haryana?

Br// Anuj

sumitsehrawat
April 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I know only of my cousin Navdeep Singh Kadian who used to play for Chandigarh. Life was hard on him and he had to quit :(! He had immense talent. Main bhi padhayi ke chakkar me maara gaya na tey Delhi ki team tey khel leta kam te kam :(! Anyways...
I don't know any local football hero from Haryana :(!

Thanks,
Sumit

Do u guys know of any local soccer hero from Haryana?

Br// Anuj

jitendershooda
April 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I know only of my cousin Navdeep Singh Kadian who used to play for Chandigarh. Life was hard on him and he had to quit :(! He had immense talent. Main bhi padhayi ke chakkar me maara gaya na tey Delhi ki team tey khel leta kam te kam :(! Anyways...
I don't know any local football hero from Haryana :(!

Thanks,
Sumit

Rohtak ka Manoj Rathee .... he has played inter university many times and also in santosh trophy perhaps. I came to know that he was hit at his ribs by some nigerian player er uske jotte tootge they ... he was on bed for year or so. Now he is DP in Indus school of abhimanyu at Rohtak.

Also ek saniyan ka chora tha ... uski kick itni solid thi ek ek chore ke hath toot ge they inter club match mein rohtak ... mein chota sa tha jib. Panelty lee thi er usne donu hath jod ke rokani chahi ... pahuchya mein te tootge they hath. :) .... to pache sunan mein aai thi ek wo koe si trophy mein khelan gaya hai ....

Ek chotu ... (hum to isse nam te jana san ... police line rohtak ka se) ... railway mein select hoya tha ajmer section te ... wo aachi khelya karta ....

sumitsehrawat
April 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Bhai ...aap too much ho. Itna mast likha hai[:D]!
Anyways... sad to know about Manoj Rathee's accident...

"Panelty lee thi er usne donu hath jod ke rokani chahi ... "

ram6april
April 13th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Rohtak ka Manoj Rathee .... he has played inter university many times and also in santosh trophy perhaps. I came to know that he was hit at his ribs by some nigerian player er uske jotte tootge they ... he was on bed for year or so. Now he is DP in Indus school of abhimanyu at Rohtak.

Also ek saniyan ka chora tha ... uski kick itni solid thi ek ek chore ke hath toot ge they inter club match mein rohtak ... mein chota sa tha jib. Panelty lee thi er usne donu hath jod ke rokani chahi ... pahuchya mein te tootge they hath. :) .... to pache sunan mein aai thi ek wo koe si trophy mein khelan gaya hai ....

Ek chotu ... (hum to isse nam te jana san ... police line rohtak ka se) ... railway mein select hoya tha ajmer section te ... wo aachi khelya karta ....

Bhai Jitu Manoj ki sunn ke te jhatkaa saa laagyaa... he was very fast player in jat college....

Aarey main bhi khel ryaa soon inter uni te... Jat college ki team me hoyaa kartaa 1996-97 me... arr rewari arr sonipat khel ke aayaa thaa... Sonipat ek match me bahar bithaa diyaa tha ferr main gharraa aagyaa.../...

WELL GUYS IF U TALK ABT BEST PLAYER AT THE MOMENT ..... ITS ONE N ONLY ONE CHRISTIANO RONALDO... MAN U WINGER... NO ONE IS NEAR TO HIM THIS SEASON.... HE CAN SCORE FROM ANYWHERE... N HE CAN SWING N DRIBBLE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE... IF ANYONE SEEN HIS HEADER AGAINST ROMA... I THINK NO ONE SEEN BETTER THAN THAT HEADER IN RECENT YRS.... IF U TALK ABT PAST SO MANY GOOD PLAYERS BUT NO ONE LIKE MARADONA.... SMALL HIEGHT VERY STRONG N FAST....
AFTER HIM SO MANY PLAYERS... ROREBTO BAZZIO... JIDANE.. HENRY.... GEORGE BEST...CANTONA....ANDY COLE...ARE FEW....AND JADUGAR RONALDINHO.....

cooljat
April 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Well, at Present I think Christinio Ronaldo of Porutgal is the best! I'm big fan of him, he is a very sharp striker...very quick, agile and very fast like Cheetah! :)

And for All time fav, I've 3 - Zidane, Maradona & Batistuta!!

Rock on
Jit

naveenbazad
April 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
once baptistuta was asked how he rate himself with maradona ... he has said i am an individual player but maradona is team player and when he is on field he takes the whole eleven with him ... has i ever seen that jeal in any present lots ...or past ones

my answer is no ...

have any body remember the match when he has taken drugs and the way he shouts and come near the pole of the corner thats just spell bound .......the zeal in the eyes and best moment i can think of

regarding my seniors in RAI have gone to paly junior international he was from haryana and his name is raj singh ... he has joined forestry or something i dont knwo ...
nationals u cant count of him

a guy from riwari is still playing with baichung bhutia now adays i dont remember his name ... i think he is yadav something

national players i have also played 2

ajayrohtak
April 14th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Well, at Present I think Christinio Ronaldo of Porutgal is the best! I'm big fan of him, he is a very sharp striker...very quick, agile and very fast like Cheetah! :)

And for All time fav, I've 3 - Zidane, Maradona & Batistuta!!

Rock on
Jit
he is a midfielder bhai saab.....as far as playing position is concerned.But if you are talking about his ability of finishing he is quite a sharp striker at the front of the goal.

jitendershooda
April 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Bhai Jitu Manoj ki sunn ke te jhatkaa saa laagyaa... he was very fast player in jat college....

Aarey main bhi khel ryaa soon inter uni te... Jat college ki team me hoyaa kartaa 1996-97 me... arr rewari arr sonipat khel ke aayaa thaa... Sonipat ek match me bahar bithaa diyaa tha ferr main gharraa aagyaa.../...

Ha ha ha .... bhai DEEVE TALLE ANDHERE AALI baat hogi ... wo ke hoya kare ek heera bagal mein er gaam mein dhindhora .... to bhai meri galati rahegi ya te .... tun te issa tej player hoya karta ... ek kade ball tere te aage er kade tun ball te aage ... kae be te tunhe goal mein ja badya karta aaglya ke ... kassuti speet thi teri bhi ... ha ha ...

jokes apart ... par sachi bataon tanne dekh ke nue na lagya karta ek tun itni tej bhaj le hai ... neeche ee neeche naap diya karta gindi pachey... ha ha

Nishantrathi82
April 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I am a big fan of Oliver Rolf Kahn German goal keeper , he is one of the best goal keeper in football history.
But for the best the list is pretty long may be Pele, Maradona, and last but not least our indian Baichung Bhutia yaar.

ajayrohtak
April 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
i m quite a big fan of cristiano ronaldo and michael ballack......and the new english wonder kid..theo walcott.....

mastjat
April 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
For his loyalty and being ethical and being highly skilled, I love Buffon the most out of current players.
For me, the best ever was Maradona and so love to watch his favourite of current lot... Messi.

My all time favourite footballer --> Roberto 'The Divine Ponytail' Baggio[:)]! Baggio was always my reason for football. Today I still watch football because Baggio made me fall in love with this beautiful game.

Thanks,
Sumit roberto was really a great player........if you like to watch clips and matches of those days then also watch marco van basten........he was damn good......

mastjat
April 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Johann Cruyff..........does any body know more about these legend

mastjat
April 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
all the football fanatics can now join the soccer club(social group)......... and share or ask anything about soccer

sumitsehrawat
April 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Verdana"]Oh Yes.... Van Basten was a great finisher. Last world cup I thought had Van Basten played instead of coaching Netherlands could have done better. He was looking so fit. Johan Cruyff was a super footballer too. No doubts!!

But still I think Maradona was Maradona.... of all the people who ever touched football there is no one who could do what Maradona did to Napoli. All by himself.....for years. Di Stefano never did it neither did Puskas, Zidane or that stupid chatter-box 'Pele'.
Remember the 1990 world cup semi final match Italy vs Argentina... it was in Napels (home of Napoli FC, Italy) ...people actually cheered for Maradona and not for Italy. Can

mastjat
April 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
[color="DarkGreen"][font="Verdana"]Oh Yes.... Van Basten was a great finisher. Last world cup I thought had Van Basten played instead of coaching Netherlands could have done better. He was looking so fit. Johan Cruyff was a super footballer too. No doubts!!

But still I think Maradona was Maradona.... of all the people who ever touched football there is no one who could do what Maradona did to Napoli. All by himself.....for years. Di Stefano never did it neither did Puskas, Zidane or that stupid chatter-box 'Pele'.
Remember the 1990 world cup semi final match Italy vs Argentina... it was in Napels (home of Napoli FC, Italy) ...people actually cheered for Maradona and not for Italy. Can

i certainly agree with you on maradona....he is my most favourite player too.....havent seen the semi of 90, but yes i have heard about it ...and you just confirmed my doubts...thanks.....

may i ask, and i donot mean to offend you or anything , for what reasons you hate pele......he too was a great great player

sumitsehrawat
April 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I hate Pele because he always speaks bad about the Azzurris. He thinks that football is only about scoring goals and keeps no regards for defensive tactics. Every world Cup he will make stupid predictions as in ..."Italy won't reach beyond 2nd round". That is why I always call him stupid. He was a great player, no doubt...but he should know that his time is gone and should respect others too.

He should know what to speak and when to speak. That has got nothing to do with his ability with the ball but certainly has got everything to do with the code of conduct these high profile 'superstars' are expected to keep.

Yes, being a die-hard Italian supporter I am being selfish:-)!

Thanks,
Sumit

i certainly agree with you on maradona....he is my most favourite player too.....havent seen the semi of 90, but yes i have heard about it ...and you just confirmed my doubts...thanks.....

may i ask, and i donot mean to offend you or anything , for what reasons you hate pele......he too was a great great player

mastjat
April 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I hate Pele because he always speaks bad about the Azzurris. He thinks that football is only about scoring goals and keeps no regards for defensive tactics. Every world Cup he will make stupid predictions as in ..."Italy won't reach beyond 2nd round". That is why I always call him stupid. He was a great player, no doubt...but he should know that his time is gone and should respect others too.

He should know what to speak and when to speak. That has got nothing to do with his ability with the ball but certainly has got everything to do with the code of conduct these high profile 'superstars' are expected to keep.

Yes, being a die-hard Italian supporter I am being selfish:-)!

Thanks,
Sumit

i am pleased to meet a die hard azzurri fan. i donot intend to change ur opinion or anything. i like them a lot , they are a great side today and have been like that in the past......but purely from a footballing perspective they are a shade extra defensive and it is highly likely that the italian football system teaches them to be extra defensive. i agree it is their forte, but that makes the game a bit uninteresting and thrill of the game is injured.....and when too defensive they just donot injure but kill it.......i hope u understand what i am trying to say....but again what matters is results and they have proved their mettle time and again...........but you have to admit one thing about zidane matterazzi incident, that it was unsporty of the italian team and him to provoke zidane. i think it was a planned move by the azzurri thinktank. They knew that though zidane is one man but if this one man goes then french game collapses. i mean turning to something like what matterazzi did is unethical.....and zidane or may be even you , me and others in JL would have reacted the way zidane did....because the blood rushes through a man's emotions(same was the csae with zidane) when he is falsecalled.

sumitsehrawat
April 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Any football team in the world plays to win or to entertain I am not sure. I think it is wise for any team to play more on their strengths. For Italy that is defence and counter-attack. 2006 was an exception where the Azzurris played very fast 'controlled' football. Maybe Zambrotta and Gattuso were who brought change. They run all over the pitch and all the time.

Zizou is one of my favourites too. He played for the mighty Juventus for 5-6 years. But, I am sorry to say that you had to evaluate Italian football with Matterazzi example. Personally I think he is the weakest link for the Azzurris. And please try to understand provocation happens in all sports even though it is unethical. That is how the world is. We got to live with it. What do you think about the Saudi Arabia player who got a kick on his butt from Zidane in 98 World cup. Zizou was suspended for two matches after that incident. Its been 10 years and I think that Saudi player would still be wondering as to why Zizou had to hit him. And what about his time in Real Madrid and even Juventus when he headbutted, side kicked, butt kicked, etc etc. Zidane was a superhuman footabller... I do not deny that... I admire him a lot ....but got to accept his anger management needed a lot to work upon.

Akshay, you say that Italians had planned that strategy against Zidane ... I am not sure if you watched the match ... try to remember the time he was provoked. The match was almost running for penalties. Anyways... don't you think that in the finals Pirlo overshadowed Zizou in midfield. Actually, he did. Everyone from the Azzurri side got appreciated a lot after the tournament. But if I were to judge the player of the tournament I would have chosen Pirlo over Cannavaro. Every single match Pirlo was almost perfect.

Zizou is one of the top to have ever played. No doubts!! The French side was playing pathetic till second round when Zidane took everything on himself and guided them to the finals. Final match Zizou wasn't that great and midfield was controlled mostly by Pirlo. Italians were lucky to have won against Australia.

i am pleased to meet a die hard azzurri fan. i donot intend to change ur opinion or anything. i like them a lot , they are a great side today and have been like that in the past......but purely from a footballing perspective they are a shade extra defensive and it is highly likely that the italian football system teaches them to be extra defensive. i agree it is their forte, but that makes the game a bit uninteresting and thrill of the game is injured.....and when too defensive they just donot injure but kill it.......i hope u understand what i am trying to say....but again what matters is results and they have proved their mettle time and again...........but you have to admit one thing about zidane matterazzi incident, that it was unsporty of the italian team and him to provoke zidane. i think it was a planned move by the azzurri thinktank. They knew that though zidane is one man but if this one man goes then french game collapses. i mean turning to something like what matterazzi did is unethical.....and zidane or may be even you , me and others in JL would have reacted the way zidane did....because the blood rushes through a man's emotions(same was the csae with zidane) when he is falsecalled.

sumitsehrawat
April 19th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Also, it was never a Italian team Vs Zidane. It was always Matterazzi and Zidane affair. And that is all. After the incident there was no Italian player supporting Matterazzi. And, players like Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Del Piero being the ex-Juve mates are more closer to Zidane than to the silly foul-mouthed Inter-Milan defender. Btw, in my opinion Materazzi knows not much defending. I have always seen him pulling jerseys. Irony is that in the finals Matterazzi was the most involved. He conceded a penalty which Zidane converted(how I wish that was saved), then scored himself and then provoked the infamous headbutt :)!

Thanks,
Sumit

mastjat
April 21st, 2008, 10:05 AM
very well said my friend..........well there are quite a few things that i would agree upon and few on which i wont agree.......but i think it is the way one is looking at things...i am not saying that i am right or you are wrong and vice versa .....it is just that we have got a different perception of things .......but still it was wonderfully nice to have your opinion and i must say your reasoning is rational and objective.

good luck my friend.....

sumitsehrawat
April 21st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Perception!! You are right Akshay[:)]!

Many thanks[:)],
Sumit

very well said my friend..........well there are quite a few things that i would agree upon and few on which i wont agree.......but i think it is the way one is looking at things...i am not saying that i am right or you are wrong and vice versa .....it is just that we have got a different perception of things .......but still it was wonderfully nice to have your opinion and i must say your reasoning is rational and objective.

good luck my friend.....

sumitsehrawat
April 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
latest from 'the stupid' Pele.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=667318

Thanks,
Sumit

mastjat
April 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
well yes you are very right about him being a badmouth!!!!!!!
i know he was but this is extreme......i feel like kicking his balls for what he said

vikas18
April 22nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Christinio Ronaldo 4 sure nw days but there are many more ,
Kaka ,
Raul,
Figo,
Ballack,
Paul Scoles...........
list is on n on.......................

mastjat
May 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM
congats to man united for a great season.....courtsey ronaldo

and guys, all of u who love soccer can join the soccer club social group

sumitsehrawat
May 15th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I hope they also win in Moscow on 21st :)!

congats to man united for a great season.....courtsey ronaldo

and guys, all of u who love soccer can join the soccer club social group

prashantacmet
May 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Christinio Ronaldo 4 sure nw days but there are many more ,
Kaka ,
Raul,
Figo,
Ballack,
Paul Scoles...........
list is on n on.......................

dear add "juan riquelme" also...a great playmaker of Argentina:)

sumitsehrawat
May 15th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Riquelme is good but slow....but then again.... good :)!
I guess Tevez and Messi make up for his pace... ball control of Riquelme is awesome. He's awesome. Yup!!

I am sorry abour Raul(he WAS awesome once) and Scholes(only a club player) as mentioned in the above list somewhere. Generally Englishmen are over-hyped but Ballack beats them all. I don't think he is any talent. He was better at Bayern and to make fools of all he declared he's been the mainstay at Stamford Bridge. I don't think Ballack knows someone with the name of Lampard, Terry, Carvalho. Actually, Ballack is the weakest link in Chelsea...all others are much better .

Spain, as always the best team on paper, can do well this time if they off-load Raul. Despite his comeback I think Torres and Villa need to play UP.

My support???.... as always .... FORZA ITALIA:)!!

Italy, Portugal, Spain and Germany ... to me seem to the top performers in Euro'08.

P.S.: Just my personal opinion.

dear add "juan riquelme" also...a great playmaker of Argentina:)