PDA

View Full Version : is there better place for studying for childrenuptil high school other than india ???

naveenbazad
April 28th, 2008, 06:59 AM
give reviews ifu feel like ...........

sidchhikara
April 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM
How is education in India good?

As far as I remember, I had really crappy teachers who were rude and disinterested in teaching. The syllabus was also unfocussed and out of touch. There was not enough practical work going on. The tests were also designed on memorizing a lot of things, you were supposed to answer the questions in a certain way otherwise you lost points, there was no incentive for out of box thinking, infact it was probably discouraged on a certain level... maybe because it made the teachers feel inadequate. There was no emphasis on music and arts.

The PTI was a tool. He expected everybody to touch his feet. He took pride in being a slave master. He was also incredibly corrupt. He bought crappy gym equipment and pocketed the difference.

The assembly in the morning was a joke with beads of sweat rolling from the back of your neck to your a$$crack in 44 degree heat on a summer morning.
The PTI would come over and check you out like a jailor in a prison. If you wore the wrong colored socks, you were made to run laps in the heat, and later made to pose like a chicken or a helicopter.

After the enriching social interaction at the assembly, you were expected to sit in the classroom for the next 6 hrs with 59 other kids in a hot stuffy room with the air thick with body odor and farts. Not just that, you were also expected to concentrate on what the clueless, incoherent teacher was trying to say, because if the retarded, underpaid teacher caught you distracted, she might use you for target practice by throwing a piece of chalk at you in order to take your eye out. If that was'nt enough, she would make you stand up and ask you questions about what she was blabbering, then came the magical moment - she would release you from the hellish classroom and make you stand outside.

The only redeeming part was that I had good friends. I was glad to get out of school.

naveenbazad
April 28th, 2008, 10:11 AM
i agree with ur points but i have good expereinces ....

i also want to make comparison ....

with one point i dont agree

[qu

ote=sidchhikara;167851]How is education in India good?

As far as I remember, I had really crappy teachers who were rude and disinterested in teaching. The syllabus was also unfocussed and out of touch. There was not enough practical work going on. The tests were also designed on memorizing a lot of things, you were supposed to answer the questions in a certain way otherwise you lost points, there was no incentive for out of box thinking, infact it was probably discouraged on a certain level... maybe because it made the teachers feel inadequate. There was no emphasis on music and arts.

The PTI was a tool. He expected everybody to touch his feet.

" by touching feet is a way of giving respect to the person who teaches u something .. this thing i have observed in my life that the moment u stop giving respect to the person who teaches u u cant learn the subject ...
i can be wrong its my personal experience...

learning is by bits and pieces ... and no body teaches u all...

best way to learn is to give respect then see how u learn the subject ...
learning of the subject meaning becomes clear when u have done with the subject ...
else grass is always greener on other side system follows
"

He took pride in being a slave mtop giving reaster. He was also incredibly corrupt. He bought crappy gym equipment and pocketed the difference.

The assembly in the morning was a joke with beads of sweat rolling from the back of your neck to your a$$crack in 44 degree heat on a summer morning.
The PTI would come over and check you out like a jailor in a prison. If you wore the wrong colored socks, you were made to run laps in the heat, and later made to pose like a chicken or a helicopter.

After the enriching social interaction at the assembly, you were expected to sit in the classroom for the next 6 hrs with 59 other kids in a hot stuffy room with the air thick with body odor and farts. Not just that, you were also expected to concentrate on what the clueless, incoherent teacher was trying to say, because if the retarded, underpaid teacher caught you distracted, she might use you for target practice by throwing a piece of chalk at you in order to take your eye out. If that was'nt enough, she would make you stand up and ask you questions about what she was blabbering, then came the magical moment - she would release you from the hellish classroom and make you stand outside.

The only redeeming part was that I had good friends. I was glad to get out of school.[/quote]

vivekdh
April 28th, 2008, 10:35 AM
bhai naveen yi sid bhi yahi pada hua hai ibb bakwad kerni aa rahi hain issne hannde hai bb gentleman banna naa to yu bhi yahi dhakke khaya kerta tha :) aaj kaal yu naya rivaj hai videsh me jaake apne desh ki chijo ko galli dene kaa....

i agree with ur points but i have good expereinces ....

i also want to make comparison ....

with one point i dont agree

[qu

ote=sidchhikara;167851]How is education in India good?

The PTI was a tool. He expected everybody to touch his feet.

" by touching feet is a way of giving respect to the person who teaches u something .. this thing i have observed in my life that the moment u stop giving respect to the person who teaches u u cant learn the subject ...

learning is by bits and pieces ... and no body teaches u all...

best way to learn is to give respect then see how u learn the subject ...
learning of the subject meaning becomes clear when u have done with the subject ...
else grass is always greener on other side system follows
"

He took pride in being a slave mtop giving reaster. He was also incredibly corrupt. He bought crappy gym equipment and pocketed the difference.

The only redeeming part was that I had good friends. I was glad to get out of school.[/quote]

sidchhikara
April 28th, 2008, 11:11 AM
bhai naveen yi sid bhi yahi pada hua hai ibb bakwad kerni aa rahi hain issne hannde hai bb gentleman banna naa to yu bhi yahi dhakke khaya kerta tha :) aaj kaal yu naya rivaj hai videsh me jaake apne desh ki chijo ko galli dene kaa....

[/quote]

Gaal nahi dega to cheej sudhrengi nahi ...... har cheej ke liye fight karna padta hai ... nahi to log roti bhi nahin khaane den.
Tu school mein PTI sai ke jo tere chhoo chhoot rya se?
Sadi hua system ko achha batana kaunsi desh bhagti hai.... mane bata bhai?
Manne ke tere te gaal de thi..... manne te bera bhi konya tu koon se... pher kyo personal attack kar rah hai? pare ne mar !!

sidchhikara
April 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
BTW...... that post was meant to be a humorous take on the state of schools.... there was nothing personal in there... come on guys.... chill out....... take a deep breath.... itna serious kyo ho re so....... biwi ne belan te pitai kar de ke?? hahaha

sidchhikara
April 28th, 2008, 11:24 AM

I did'nt feel like giving him respect.... he did'nt deserve it. He was very corrupt, rude, incompetent and did not have the best interest of students. He did'nt earn my respect. You shouldnt respect just anybody and everybody... that just gives them a big head.

sumeetmalik
April 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM

The PTI was a tool. He expected everybody to touch his feet. He took pride in being a slave master. He was also incredibly corrupt. He bought crappy gym equipment and pocketed the difference.

The only redeeming part was that I had good friends. I was glad to get out of school.

Well said Sid. This is purely on the quality of your writing. Like somebody said, you are also a product of that school system. There are other external factors that shape up a personality. After all one spends one third of the day in School. So if one is determined, one can still learn out of the school system you described with such intimate detail!

Back to the discussion, Finland's school system is repeatedly ranked the best in the world year after year.
Here is a Wall street article that talks about the study which found out that Finnish kids are the smartest.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB120425355065601997.html

sidchhikara
April 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Well said Sid. This is purely on the quality of your writing. Like somebody said, you are also a product of that school system. There are other external factors that shape up a personality. After all one spends one third of the day in School. So if one is determined, one can still learn out of the school system you described with such intimate detail!

Back to the discussion, Finland's school system is repeatedly ranked the best in the world year after year.
Here is a Wall street article that talks about the study which found out that Finnish kids are the smartest.

Thanks dude!!! Glad you got a chuckle out of it. I read that article about Finnish school system. The best part is they don't have homework and they can wear black lipstick and the PTI in their school will make them into a murga.

arunshamli
April 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Sidharth aapka bachpan toh badi hee kathinaiyo se gujra hai.

ygulia
April 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Gaal nahi dega to cheej sudhrengi nahi ...... har cheej ke liye fight karna padta hai ... nahi to log roti bhi nahin khaane den.
Manne ke tere te gaal de thi..... manne te bera bhi konya tu koon se... pher kyo personal attack kar rah hai? pare ne mar !![/quote]

I do not agree with you guys.
Education System is not that bad in India and in particular school system.
The quality of manpower who administer this education system has gone down because teachers in schools are the lowest paid employees. When we study here in the university in western world, it is easy, comfortable and we know more than those students whose schooling is done in North America. I will say credit goes to Indian school system.

cooljat
April 29th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Sumeet & Sid, very much agree with both of u! :) Indeed very well explained!!

Quality of life is far far better in devloped countries in compare of India main reasons being the population & dirty politics!

Our system needs to be overhauled but irony is nobody willing to change for better! :rolleyes:

Rock on
Jit

sumitsehrawat
April 29th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I won't comment on education but as far as my experience with teachers in India is concerned I cannot name a single teacher of mine who I can proudly proclaim as my guru. People around me often cite examples of their gurus and their guru's (positive) influence on their lives. Sadly, I have been very unfortunate in this regard despite having studied at one of the well-renowned schools in Delhi. College was no different but I think school is where fundamentals are laid. Partly I blame myself for being very shy in school but then teachers never encouraged. Maths teacher used to love me because I used to score the maximum in class but then it was always my father back at home who used to make me finish the entire Maths book during summer vacations. Today, I am good at numbers because of my father. He taught me mathematics.

Of all that I have learned so far it is mainly because of my parents ... I owe them my entire life. There is no other Guru in my life. I still respect the teachers who were at my school but cannot give them any credit of having any influence in my life. No!!

Thanks,
Sumit
P.S.: This is no senti-stuff...just the truth concerning my life.

ygulia
April 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM

[/quote]

Manne ke tere te gaal de thi..... manne te bera bhi konya tu koon se... pher kyo personal attack kar rah hai? pare ne mar !![/quote]

Mujhe lagta hai chho Vivek ka nahi aap ke chhoot ra se...........
Vivek Bhai ye saare wahi padhe hai.......ye baat bhi sach hai........Hindutaniyo ki purani adaat hai apni he chees ko criticise karne ki...............ye shore hi maccha sakte hai...... per karenge kuchh nahi......are bhai kcuhh kar nahi sakte to khaam kahye ka rola bhi mat karo.............

sidchhikara
April 30th, 2008, 02:37 AM

Vivek Bhai ye saare wahi padhe hai.......ye baat bhi sach hai........Hindutaniyo ki purani adaat hai apni he chees ko criticise karne ki...............ye shore hi maccha sakte hai...... per karenge kuchh nahi......are bhai kcuhh kar nahi sakte to khaam kahye ka rola bhi mat karo.............[/quote]

Hum te kuch na karte. Can you please lay out your ACTION! plan, I will be glad to hear it. Also do you have any plans to use small arms? I might be able to refer you to a gun runner I met on myspace.com, or do you prefer non-violent protests? Gandhi-style !!
Please lay out your agenda.
I don't know why some people on this portal act as action junkies (believer in action.... not words... huh!!)... and decry other people who lay out their views clearly. Pata nahin konsa action kar liya inhone!!

ram6april
April 30th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Manne ke tere te gaal de thi..... manne te bera bhi konya tu koon se... pher kyo personal attack kar rah hai? pare ne mar !!

Vivek Bhai ye saare wahi padhe hai.......ye baat bhi sach hai........Hindutaniyo ki purani adaat hai apni he chees ko criticise karne ki...............ye shore hi maccha sakte hai...... per karenge kuchh nahi......are bhai kcuhh kar nahi sakte to khaam kahye ka rola bhi mat karo.............[/quote]

Hum te kuch na karte. Can you please lay out your ACTION! plan, I will be glad to hear it. Also do you have any plans to use small arms? I might be able to refer you to a gun runner I met on myspace.com, or do you prefer non-violent protests? Gandhi-style !!
Please lay out your agenda.
I don't know why some people on this portal act as action junkies (believer in action.... not words... huh!!)... and decry other people who lay out their views clearly. Pata nahin konsa action kar liya inhone!![/quote]

Bhai Sid as u talked abt education system in school.... all i say is its not best in world... but its one of best for sure.... as my experience saying this... i studied in Jawahar Navodya vidyalaya.... stayed in Hostel for & yrs... n i recon that was the best time of my life... i m enjoying life at fullest at the moment as well... living with all luxuries of life.. but i still feel school time was grt... i have seen many schools in europe.. n their education system...i cant say indian villages have better education system . than european or amerikaa...... but if we talk abt education system indian education system is not that bad as you guys saying..... i agree on politics point.. anything abt them is less....
But i will never agree on Education system is bad... i had great experience...of school time... which was unforgettable..... so i dont want drag the topic much... thats my saying.........
and all guys in foreign come from same education system......... if it was that bad we wont be here...... everything/everyone is not possible to be good anywhere in the world............

sumeetmalik
April 30th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Clearly this is a touchy topic. Everyone is personalizing their experiences here by attaching the school system to their Alma-Mater. Some of the posts have been how an old man would describe his old nagging wife. He never liked her but spent his life with her!
Those who have been through great schooling years are bound to defend their school. They should. That's their gratitude. Good for them.
I had the good fortune of changing my school with every new academic year because of my father’s postings. And thus I could compare schools and be irreverent towards asshole teachers and classmates.
I also was fortunate enough to have some great teachers. And I hung on to them like anything as a good teacher can make or break the love for a particular subject. I am still in touch with some of them.
However, the point of the discussion was whether our school system is good enough and can we learn anything from other systems. Clearly we can do better. Sure Indian kids must be feeling smarter when they land on foreign shores (present company included) but that doesn’t say much.
We know that the Govt. system is dead which is not the case with Finnish School system as I had mentioned. The lower rung private schools are also doing an injustice to the people who cant afford to pay high tuition fees for their kids.
The environment is so competitive that it doesn't pique the interest of any kid for any subject. Its mug up or perish. And there are problems like underpaid and incompetent staff, no encouragement for thinking outside the box like Sid mentioned.
I am not trying to be over critical here. But lets face it, we have problems with our school system. And acceptace is the first step towards its betterment.