PDA

View Full Version : the relentless pursuit of 'nothing'

ritu86
May 13th, 2008, 12:51 AM
The journey of a wayward kite overlooking all that walks the earth beneath. From mustard fields to smoke filled factories, bullock carts to glistening cars, unfed mouths to lavish banquets, the deprived to the undeserving, it sees everything all under one sky. Such are the contrasts in India, the place I pick apart but still call home. I wonder who is responsible for these departures, is it god, the system, the society, or is it me.

The ageless blame game never ceases to be.

It is rather contradictory that I expect the ‘privileged’ to live for the ‘underprivileged’, when the most of us reading this, are too busy to think beyond our daily chores. Who am I living for, my parents, my friends, my children, the cold beggar across the road, the unprivileged children, the molested women, community, the state, the keeling, yet ‘developing’ nation…who? And even if I did live for others, how much do you think I could help anyway, with one hand trying to hold up the remains of my soul and the other, establishing ways to snap it further.

The questions remain unreciprocated.

My first post here is by no means an attempt to disdain anyone’s efforts or ideologies. The purpose of this post, in point of fact, is to find an answer…

kiran.takhar
May 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Life in India is nothing but a Round About; introspect you will get the answer.

Nice thoughts by the way..

Kiran

cooljat
May 13th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hi Ritu,

First of all welcome to Jats own Virtual Village, explore & Enjoy.. :)

Hummm, Beautiful thoughts indeed, like the Eddie Vedder says, Thoughts comes like butterfly!!...just like that sometimes when you sit idle, thoughts of every color fly around in mind...and often we try to search for our existence in this sort of solitude time like, who're we n what r we doin here n like that....but who's gonna answer the question here itself is a bigger Question! :rolleyes:

I believe n think, you're the only one who can give answer to urself, just introspect and search with in urself, keep tryin u'll get the answer! .. am not preaching here but this is what I do whenever I go thro' same state of mind!! Cuz nothing is absolute in this world, all Relative....so ur inner conscience can only give you the very answer ...:):)

This beautiful poem very much depicts ur mindset...

जिंदगी अनुभव के धुएँ छोड़ती
तेढे-मेढे रास्तों से गुज़रती रेलगाड़ी
अनजाने से कितने मुसाफिर चढ़ते उतरते
पर्वतों की घुमावदार चढाई
और साथ बैठी तन्हाई
कहाँ जा रही है जिंदगी ?

किस स्टेशन की तलाश है, पता नहीं
अनकही सी चाहत दिल में लिए
ये सफर कहीं खत्म होगा ?

अगर नहीं तो कभी दिल में झाँक कर देखा है
की मंज़िल क्या है ? ...

Rock on
Jit

The journey of a wayward kite overlooking all that walks the earth beneath. From mustard fields to smoke filled factories, bullock carts to glistening cars, unfed mouths to lavish banquets, the deprived to the undeserving, it sees everything all under one sky. Such are the contrasts in India, the place I pick apart but still call home. I wonder who is responsible for these departures, is it god, the system, the society, or is it me.

It is rather contradictory that I expect the ‘privileged’ to live for the ‘underprivileged’, when the most of us reading this, are too busy to think beyond our daily chores. Who am I living for, my parents, my friends, my children, the cold beggar across the road, the unprivileged children, the molested women, community, the state, the keeling, yet ‘developing’ nation…who? And even if I did live for others, how much do you think I could help anyway, with one hand trying to hold up the remains of my soul and the other, establishing ways to snap it further.

My first post here is by no means an attempt to disdain anyone’s efforts or ideologies. The purpose of this post, in point of fact, is to find an answer…

mkm_jat
May 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hi Rituji
Nice thoughts...

But As Jit Bhia said I also believe only person himself ans for his questions in such situation, still it is a nice topic to discuss... that why such diversities and different levels are there in society?

Regards
Manoj

Samarkadian
May 14th, 2008, 03:25 AM

Hmmmm Sounds like a classic case of early twenty crisis about life, but this confusion is good if you put your bet on learning and putting more questions from questions.

How much help--Wo kahte hain na--Mai Bhi Bhukha na Rahu aur Sadhu bhi bhukha na jaye.

ritu86
May 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM
"a classic case of early twenty crisis about life"
interesting replies to this thread i see:)
thank you all

brahmtewatia
May 14th, 2008, 12:13 PM
indeed nice thoughts by ritu nd jit...

i 100% agree with jit when he says...

....but who's gonna answer the question here itself is a bigger Question! :rolleyes:
however, still i wud like to make my contribution of thoughts on the subject and while doin so wud like to put forth few quotes from Rousseau.

“Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains.”

“To live is not merely to breathe; it is to act; it is to make use of our organs, senses, faculties - of all those parts of ourselves which give us the feeling of existence”

the fact however remains tht the man, although born free is most of the times surrounded by barriers, he can n'vr transcend. in this perspective i wud say take the life the way it comes to you...try to be gud and kind to humanity by respecting the identity of every creation of god. remember to always act and say what u mean nd reach out to tell some one wat they mean to you!!!...wud like to sum-up my thought by quoting Rousseau, once again...

“I may not be better than other people, but at least I'm different.”

vijay
May 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM

The changes seems mandentory as we ourselves demanded for that and hence must accept the responsibility as a whole.

Nothing is contradictory when we try to see the both sides of the coin where 'privileged' seems to be 'underprivileged' and vice versa.

What for we live in here is the satisfaction of our soul. These question arises in our minds when we try to achieve absolute satisfaction which is almost impossible as all our impluses are totally relative when we think practically.

It seems nice to pen down some great philosophical thoughts and intelluctaul perceptions but at end of the day what matters is that are we feeling satisfied with our existance and deeds ? If yes then your every query is answered and if not then nobody can answer your queries.

tkdjat
May 14th, 2008, 01:59 PM
nice very nice topic but very heavy to take still trying to get it....
indeed early twenty crisis even i m goin through same phase..